Names and Godparents for Harry and Meghan's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it.
Among the Queen's descendants there's already a Zara, Isla, Savannah; "Joy" doesn't mean anything unsuitable (not a dirty word or anything), H&M are not working royals, so i think they can call their daughter whatever they want.

I think they will choose an African-American girl name as first name (my personal guess is Aisha). The second name might well be something like Joy or Hope, which are also popular girl names in America.

:previous: That's what I thought too....:whistling:

Anyway with the comic strip, inexplicable choice of "Archie" as precedent, there is no way to predict what the new baby will be called.

I hope for the best.

Last edited:
:previous: That's what I thought too....:whistling:

Anyway with the comic strip, inexplicable choice of "Archie" as precedent, there is no way to predict what the new baby will be called.

I hope for the best.

Archie isn't unknown here in the UK, its quite popular among upper and middle class...in recent years. but now that they have moved ot the US, they may go for a more American type name...

But it sure is fun trying to guess. It does add a bit of humour to see what others think the name could be. I just wish other people would not criticise possible name choices since it is only guesses. No one has to like them, just accept that maybe the baby might be called ABC or XYZ. The chances of actually guessing the right name is about as good as winning the Lottery. Lets just enjoy this time.

But it sure is fun trying to guess. It does add a bit of humour to see what others think the name could be. I just wish other people would not criticise possible name choices since it is only guesses. No one has to like them, just accept that maybe the baby might be called ABC or XYZ. The chances of actually guessing the right name is about as good as winning the Lottery. Lets just enjoy this time.

With Harry yes, its hard to imagine what they might come up with,.. but royal names are usually fairly predictable.. so chances of guessing right are quite good. .I've guessed three or 4 rightly over teh years, tho' Will and Kate did surprise me with Louis...

Last edited:
See everyone argued with me over that but I still don't think they'll have godparents. We'll see.

If its an infant baptism in most Christian churches, there are godparents as far as I know...but mabye they wont have the child baptised at all....

Many African-Americans identify with Islam.

That's like saying many White Americans identify as Buddhist because they are known to practice yoga.:ermm:

Most African Americans are Christian and identify as such.

The 'girl' announcement promps more name suggestions:

Thinking..cute, unsual but familiar, melding of Henry, Markle and Archie, casual but meaningful, America, Britain, a hint of family....

Azella Heckle
Liberty Ameharryghan (Libby)
Merry Diana
Hazel Atlantic
Frankie Elderflower
Felicity-Sue Elizabeth
Georgia Diana
Jewelle Henrietta (partially included in - Archwell)

Godparents - The Queen or Prince William, three American friends.

Last edited:
The 'girl' announcement promps more name suggestions:

Thinking..cute, unsual but familiar, melding of Henry, Markle and Archie, casual but meaningful, America, Britain, a hint of family....

Azella Heckle
Liberty Ameharryghan (Libby)
Merry Diana
Hazel Atlantic
Frankie Elderflower
Felicity-Sue Elizabeth
Georgia Diana
Jewelle Henrietta (partially included in - Archwell)

Godparents - The Queen or Prince William, three American friends.

I'd say American firends and certian no royals as Godparents.

I'd say American firends and certian no royals as Godparents.

Yeah, I can't see Prince William being a godparent if he hasn't even spoken to Harry since the interview aired. Possibly one of the York princesses but I'm just not seeing any members of the royal family (not even the extended family) as godparents.

Any bets on how high up the potential godparent list Janina Gavankar has shot this week?;)

I think there definitely will be a Spencer representation. Maybe Harry's cousin Louis?

Perhaps Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge for one godparent?
She would be a perfect Godmother for a girl.

Perhaps Catherine, The Duchess of Cambridge for one godparent?
She would be a perfect Godmother for a girl.

What makes her perfect to help lead a girl in her spiritual life :ermm:

Considering what is going down with the Sussexes, I highly doubt Kate would ever be asked. If they were going to ask a sibling/sibling in law to be godparent they would have done so with Archie.

Louis Spencer would be a good choice for a godparent.

For a Son's name: Rick

Louis would be great. Though Harry seems a bit closer to Louis' sisters.

I do think one of his cousins, posibly one of his Aunt's kids, will be chosen.

Harry and Meghan have said this is their last baby. So unfortunately no third baby to be a boy to name Rich. This one is a girl.

Countessmeout, who are the godparents of Archie?
Do we know that no royal has that honour? I'm not quite sure on that.

Catherine has shown herself to be supportive of both Harry and Meghan and her household of children seem very well adjusted.
She is kind, respects the outdoors and sport and the Arts, understands the role of the church in the BRF and can be trusted to keep a child's confidences.

Her qualities are possibly similarly appropriate to those of other candidates.

Do we know that no royal has that honour? I'm not quite sure on that.

Catherine has shown herself to be supportive of both Harry and Meghan and her household of children seem very well adjusted.
She is kind, respects the outdoors and sport and the Arts, understands the role of the church in the BRF and can be trusted to keep a child's confidences.

Her qualities are possibly similarly appropriate to those of other candidates.

After the Sussexes went nuclear with their interview and included Catherine in their "truth" which, btw, didn't make Catherine look very good, I think the chances of Catherine accepting the honor of being a godmother to the expected new daughter is about as good as a snowball's chance in Hell. ;)

Kate does nnot live in the US and IMO she and Will are not on speaking terms with the Sussexes.. so why would she be picked as godmother...

Hazel is an inspired suggestion, since 'Haz' is Meghan's nickname for Harry.

They might wish to honor their Australian friend, Daphne

As I've previously suggested (even when Meg was preggers with Archie), the name 'Doriana' would honor both grandmothers. Meghan's maternal grandmother's name is 'Jeanette' so that's also a possibility somewhere in there. Or, they may go with something completely unpredictable, or perhaps similar to Diana. Henrietta is also possible for a middle name.

I do not believe they would wish to name their daughter 'Diana,' especially not as a first name, though they could use it as a middle name. I doubt they would go with Frances. They could go for a unique name, or something that resembles Diana, or something with a D. And since Doria's nickname for Meghan is 'Flower,' they could name their daughter the actual name of a flower, as there are many to choose from.

Also, Meghan's paternal grandmother's name was 'Doris.'

Daria Lotus

Daphne Janina

Raquel Jeanette

Liliane Hyacinth

Lilac Henrietta

Daphne Amaryllis

Dianella* Joyce (*an Australian flower) (Ella or Nella as a nickname)

Holly Diana

Daisy Henrietta

Hazel Raquel

Penelope Diana

Francesca Raquel (Frankie or Chesca nickname)

Doriana Henrietta

Doriana Jeanette

Raphaella Amy

Maeve Dina

Dinah Joy

Cynthia Diane

Brianna Joy

Raina Jeanette

Jessica Abigail

Melissa Doriana

Hannah Jeanette

Doriana Haven

Doriana Elizabeth

Doriana Hope

Arabella Daphne

Violet Haven

Violetta Joyce

Desiree Grace

Jeanine Lorraine

Jennifer Eva

Last edited:
Do we know that no royal has that honour? I'm not quite sure on that...

There are distinct good guesses on who Archie's godparents are:
Mark Dyer; Tiggy Legge-Bourke Pettifer; Charlie van Straubenzee
Benita Litt; Markus Anderson; Genevieve Hillis

All of the above are private citizens who did not want to be named publicly. But the guesses are fairly easy, especially since a number of Meghan's friends like Lindsay Roth, Misha Nonoo, and Jessica Mulroney are Jewish, and Serena Williams is Jehovah's Witness -- making them not viable as godparents in the Church of England.

Godparents for the new baby might well be chosen from some of Meghan's and Harry's new friends in L.A., with possibly a Spencer relative included.

Possible choices:
Tyler Perry; Tristan Harris; Julia Samuel; Elton John; Oprah Winfrey; Janina Gavankar; Abigail Spencer; Misan Harriman; or a Spencer cousin

I like the suggestion of Luna.

I'm thinking something along the lines of Eve (maybe Evie?) or Etta. Impossible to make a qualified guess at a middle name after they last went for Harrison ?

After the Sussexes went nuclear with their interview and included Catherine in their "truth" which, btw, didn't make Catherine look very good, I think the chances of Catherine accepting the honor of being a godmother to the expected new daughter is about as good as a snowball's chance in Hell. ;)

I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder. I think Meghan was very careful not to let her correction of the way the pre-wedding story's been presented in the media make Kate sound bad.

I don't know if I think that makes her more or less likely to be a godparent though. The Cambridges haven't gone with aunts and uncles for their children's godparents and what little we know of Archie's godparents, neither of the Cambridges are rumoured to have been among them. So my guess is that regardless of the interview, they probably wouldn't go for her anyway (sadly – I would've loved that).

I think they will choose a trending name of their liking for first name, and a second name with a meaning like Harrison.

For first name I will guess: Emma, Ava, Eve, Hazel, Grace, Zoey, Ellie, Leah, Lily, Eliana, Gabriella, Clara, Arianna, Eliza, Iris, Andrea, Josie, Molly, Daisy, Ariel, Sienna.

Ariel Harriet
Ariel Megsette
Winona Elinor - first born daughter and one name of child's g.g.grandmother
Frances Ellen - name of child's American g.g.g.grandmother
Eliza Doria - Eliza being the name of Harry's Armenian/Indian forebear.

Kitty Spencer for a Godmother

Last edited:
Melissa. Known as "Missy". Constant reminder that she's a "Miss" with no title. ?

(if you're going to start throwing things at me for this one, make it donuts. I'm hungry!) :D

But seriously folks, the name that sticks out in my mind for their daughter is Harriette Frances . After daddy and a very strong woman in history, Harriet Tubman.

After seeing new Archewell logo, I’m thinking it’ll be “Wallis.”

Or at least, another “W” name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom