Names and Godparents for Harry and Meghan's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how often Harry refers to Diana, I think it would be odd.. if he didn't honour his mother with his baby's name... And Doria has been big support to them too...but I dont know what they will call a baby..

Somewhere in this thread somebody suggested DeeDee, that could be a good shout.

I would bet a bit of money that this baby will be named similarly to Archie (Arche), There will be a specific meaning to the name(s) ..you aren't likely to get a cutesy type of name. I could see one of Dianas family names used but I dont think it will be Diana as a first name. In fact we may not even see the name Diana used at all.

LaRae

I think the baby will have a surprising first name, and a family-related second name (just like Archie Harrison).

As for the birth, it wouldn't surprise me if they announced the baby's birth after a week of being born.

I don’t think we could have any real chance of predicting a name, not after the surprise that was Archie!

I’ll take a total shot in the dark and say Oliver or Finley for a boy, Esme or Layla for a girl!

Diana Rachael
Henrietta Diana

In both cases the child will be known as Diana or Di.

So its officially a little girl due in the summer time :flowers:

I can't watch the interview for almost 2 hours here, but I heard the news. At least now we can focus on one gender for name guesses.

Charles gets his 2nd granddaughter, and the queen her sixth great-granddaughter. Maybe Zara will finally have a boy for her and Mike and we will see a slightly closer balance.

Great a Girl ! And another granddaughter for Charles and the late Diana. I think Diana will be the first or a middle name. I like the name Cynthia for the child and Cindy as a nickname. Diana loved and admired her grandmother Cynthia Spencer, Cynthia could also be a nod to the Spencer family

I feel like it's so hard to predict a name, because they seem to go with things that are very meaningful to them but aren't what the bookies think they would go with.

Here's my guess for a first name: Luna. It honors Diana without actually being the name Diana. The goddess Diana was sometimes seen as the triple goddess of the hunt, the underworld, and the moon. So Luna would be honoring the "moon" aspect of it.

So, perhaps Luna Rachel, Luna Doria, Luna Elizabeth, or Luna Meghan.

Deanna, or Diane or Mary Diana. Mary is a traditional name.

Mary seems a bit too traditional. Yes traditional old fashioned are coming back, but Mary is not really in that area.

Doesn't go with Archie and that feel.

I keep thinking of Lady Mary of Downton Abbey. Emma is another possible name. Or Emily.

Diana and Doria as middle names.

They've made it clear that their family will be complete after this child.

Oh, this baby is going to be named Diana. For sure. They're going to ride that money train for all it's worth.

Most likely. Though if the name her Ariel, I'll laugh out loud.

Oh, so would I! Ariel Diana has a nice ring to it. But, I still think her first name will be Diana.

And, much as they say they respect HM, I don't see Elizabeth in this child's name.

Diana and Doria as middle names.

They've made it clear that their family will be complete after this child.

Yes, I remember Harry making a comment after Archie was born that they would not be having more than two children due to not wanting to put too heavy of a burden on the environment. I'm sure they're thrilled to have one of each but would also have been just as happy to have two boys.

Oh, this baby is going to be named Diana. For sure. They're going to ride that money train for all it's worth.

I agree with you 100%. Though she's not getting a christening in the UK or any royal godparents.

I keep thinking of Lady Mary of Downton Abbey. Emma is another possible name. Or Emily.

Emily/Emma stands a good chance. Extremely popular name. Sounds well with Archie.

If they were going to be inspired by Downton I'd expect more Rose or Violet which are more on trend.

I saw Luna mentioned above. I could actually see that. Its a top baby name, and a link to Diana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oprah as godmother and James Corden as godfather. Names: Rachel Doria Elizabeth.

Oprah as godmother and James Corden as godfather. Names: Rachel Doria Elizabeth.

I doubt that they pick someone famous as godparent. But that not matter when we hardly can ever know them. We don't even know who are Archie's godparents.

Yes because naming a child for your mother is never done.

Royals never lower themselves to naming children after family members. Its so Hollywood of them to want to cash in on by honoring his mother.

I have no doubt in my mind now that the baby will be called Diana.

Now I remember why I usually read threads like this. Not even in a thread for names/godparents can people who really dislike this couple stay away from spreading hate.

And yes, I think they'll of course include Diana among their names. I also have a name that I share with my mother and grandmother. It's not unheard of to include family names, you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom