Names and Godparents for Harry and Meghan's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not before about 98 billion other choices of name have been considered, no. Perhaps journalists at The Star could choose it for their own future offspring,

Last edited:
Not before about 98 billion other choices of name have been considered, no. Perhaps Star journalists could choose it for their future offspring,

Yes a journalist who thought 'Sue or Rich' were witty suggestions, likely would see Star as a lovely name for their child.

As unlikely as Lady Oprah Mountbatten-Windsor is.

I think it will be a girl.

I'll guess the name Andrea Doria Diana. Diana for obvious reasons and Andrea Doria for one of my favorite ship wrecks.

But the shgip was named after a man! Andrea (which is a male firstname in Italy) from the Doria-family was a genuese admiral and the Prince of Malfi, one of the most influencial men of his time in the mediterranean sea.

But the shgip was named after a man! Andrea (which is a male firstname in Italy) from the Doria-family was a genuese admiral and the Prince of Malfi, one of the most influencial men of his time in the mediterranean sea.

Well not that I think the name would ever be used, but this child will be a British royal and American raised. And Andrea is a female name in the English speaking world mainly.

I can see the media's face if they named a kid Andrea. Its a cognate of Andrew.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...Markle-Prince-Harrys-potential-baby-name.html

Well not that I think the name would ever be used, but this child will be a British royal and American raised. And Andrea is a female name in the English speaking world mainly.

I can see the media's face if they named a kid Andrea. Its a cognate of Andrew.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...Markle-Prince-Harrys-potential-baby-name.html
LOL. But let them joke. Tabloid journos like to do that.

Maybe H&M will name a girl Doria Diana. But no, better not, for the short form could be Dodi and I doubt Harry will want that! But maybe Diana Doria. Dido, the queen of Karthage, famous lover of Aeneas of Troy, was said to be a great beauty and a loyal woman to boot....

LOL. But let them joke. Tabloid journos like to do that.

Maybe H&M will name a girl Doria Diana. But no, better not, for the short form could be Dodi and I doubt Harry will want that! But maybe Diana Doria. Dido, the queen of Karthage, famous lover of Aeneas of Troy, was said to be a great beauty and a loyal woman to boot....

Its not that common to combine first and middle names to make a nickname.

They would more likely be nicknamed Dori/Di (like her grandmother).

I don't see them going for a full honor of either woman. Especially not Diana as a first name, too much pressure on a girl.

I am preparing to have crates of tomatoes thrown at me but would not be surprised if this couple chooses something other than the traditional baptism route for their second child. I think for this couple and for many others, the traditional baptism route is symbolic and excepted for their place and position in life* and frankly, in the Sussexes' case would have caused too much fuss if they had done otherwise. They are no longer at a place in life where this is the case. I don't feel strongly that this will be the case but certainly would not be surprised.

*Please note I mean this quite broadly- many young couples who live near in-laws choose to follow religious traditions until establishing more independence, for example.

However, to be part of the line of succession to the British throne one has to be a Protestant Christian, which is law based on the Bill of Rights and the Act of Settlement. A traditional baptism would be the simplest means to affirm that the child is a Protestant.

It's early in the morning and I haven't slept yet so bear with my one brain cell which is fighting against me here. :D

I predict that it will be a girl and the logical name for Archie's little sister is (drumroll)...... Veronica. Ronnie for short.

(ducks and runs for pillows)

I thought this article had a good breakdown of different questions about the baby including what the betters are betting on. According to the bookies Alfie and Alexandra are the favorites. I like both - I wonder if the bookies have ever gotten it right? As I recall when Harry was born they had Elvis as a remote bet possibility.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...ue-date-pregnant-second-child-name-odds-news/

Last edited:
Will the baby even be christened?

I can't see them coming back to the UK so potential this will be the first descendant of the royals not to use the family christening robe - even the grandkids of the Gloucesters and Freddie Windsor's kids were christened in it

Will the baby even be christened?

I can't see them coming back to the UK so potential this will be the first descendant of the royals not to use the family christening robe - even the grandkids of the Gloucesters and Freddie Windsor's kids were christened in it
I dont know if they will have the baby baptised but I think so..

The baby will be baptized, but for 99,9% without royal godparents.

I honestly think this one is a girl. I doubt very much that this baby will be christened and certainly not in the UK.

As for a name, I know that a lot of people believe Diana won't be the first name because of all the pressure and association that would come with it. However, given the statements and behaviors of the parents, I would actually be very, very surprised if this child isn't named Diana. While it makes much more sense to me to use that as a middle name or even a second middle name as in the case of Charlotte, I think they'll stick with only two names as they did with Archie and while I really have no idea when the middle name will be, I wouldn't be even remotely surprised to see a Diana Meghan or a Diana Loyce or a Diana Rachel.

I honestly think this one is a girl. I doubt very much that this baby will be christened and certainly not in the UK.

As for a name, I know that a lot of people believe Diana won't be the first name because of all the pressure and association that would come with it. However, given the statements and behaviors of the parents, I would actually be very, very surprised if this child isn't named Diana. While it makes much more sense to me to use that as a middle name or even a second middle name as in the case of Charlotte, I think they'll stick with only two names as they did with Archie and while I really have no idea when the middle name will be, I wouldn't be even remotely surprised to see a Diana Meghan or a Diana Loyce or a Diana Rachel.

I really doubt it. why would they go for all family names when usually nowadays people try and give a baby his own individual name. I'm sure they'll add Diana into the name.. but I can't see them using it as a daughter's given name that she's called by... It would be a big imposition on the child...
THey will probalby use some fashionable but non royal name as a given name.. and add Diana...

Seriously?!

Its a baby not an act of war.

Off topic, speculative and posts that add nothing to the discussion have been deleted.

Any questions need to be directed to any of the British mods.

I am guessing they will go with a “meaningful” name like they did with Archie (Arche). That is a pretty big field.

LaRae

Might the name Oprah be a contender?

I purely doubt. Not even Opal.

Here are some more ideas:

Cecilia; Sheila; Deborah; Dahlia; Daphne (for their Australian friend); Phyllis; Davina; Melissa; Marcie or Marcia; Alanna; Alyssa; Althea; Brianna; Delilah; Desiree; Destiny; Maya; Kimberley; Raina; Linda; Leslie; Selina; Tracy

I first mentioned 'Doriana' when Meghan was pregnant with her first, thinking it might be a girl. But there's no guarantee they want to use any form of either of their mothers' names. Still, if they did, that's a perfect combination. They might also honor Meghan's maternal grandmother: Doriana Jeanette, or Desiree Jeanette.

Possibly Victoria Joy; Doreen Frances; Dinah or Dina; and I do like Maeve as I mentioned earlier.

For boys:
Jason; Jonah; Clayton; Adam; Dexter; Jonathan; Donovan; Dana; Tristan; Cameron

Or, a version of Meghan's grandfather's name:

Calvin Aloysius or Alvin Jasper

Last edited:
Perhaps a nod to where the baby will likely be born? Barbara-From Santa Barbara which is the name of the county where the family resides and the county seat.

Or perhaps something more unique...

Girl-Calafia - The fictional queen of the island of California who is depicted on the state seal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calafia.

Calafia, or Califia, is the fictional queen of the island of California, first introduced by sixteenth-century poet Garci Rodríguez de Montalvo in his epic, Las sergas de Esplandián (The Adventures of Esplandián), written around 1510.[1] The Californias, a region of North America encompassing the U.S. state of California and the Mexican states of Baja California and Baja California Sur, take their name from Calafia and her kingdom.
In the novel, Calafia is a pagan warrior queen who ruled over a kingdom of black women living on the Island of California (an island off the coast of Asia). Calafia is convinced to raise an army of women warriors and sail away from California with a large flock of trained griffins so that she can join a Muslim battle against Christians who are defending Constantinople. In the siege, the griffins harm enemy and friendly forces, so they are withdrawn. Calafia and her ally Radiaro fight in single combat against the Christian leaders, a king and his son the knight Esplandián. Calafia is bested and taken prisoner, and she converts to Christianity. She marries a cousin of Esplandián and returns with her army to California for further adventures.[2]

Last edited:
Girl: Spencer Loyce

Spencer in honor of Diana. Given as a more unusual girl moniker. Loyce to honor Doria.

Boy: Leo Spencer

Meghan is a Leo (August birthday), so a bit of a nod to her (like Harrison for Harry). Spencer, in honor of Diana.

I like the name Cynthia. Diana adored her paternal grandmother Cynthia Spencer.

Deedee. A D for each grandmother.

Girl: Maggie Archana

Boy: Obie Megson
On second thought, I'll swap Obie to Ewell so that both boys would have connection to Archewell, so Ewell Megson it is!

Last edited:
After Archie and August I have given up, I am hopeless at names , but I do think there will be a nod to Diana in some format.

I'm dying of laughter but you maybe on to something!
Girl: Maggie Archana

Boy: Obie Megson
On second thought, I'll swap Obie to Ewell so that both boys would have connection to Archewell, so Ewell Megson it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom