Names and Godparents for Harry and Meghan's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaning towards Harry and Meghan naming their daughter something that is unique to the child. Not an outrageous name but one that belongs to the child alone without being named "after" anyone. To me, this would emphasize Meghan's stance of a woman being empowered for who she is and not because of who she's named after.

Just thoughts.

:previous: Yep, exactly. That's what I get from Archie's name. Even if they want to pay respects to/name the kid after someone, they would use variants. That's why it's really hard to guess. Even knowing the sex of the baby can't narrow down the scope.

Baby girl great news. I hope her name will be Diana.

A girl! Great news!

Diana will be among her names.

I hope Meghan's mother gets a nod too and possibly Harry's late maternal grandmother.

Diana,France,Doria

As for the christening/godparents I think it will be even more secretive than Archie's christening was. No UK christening and I think there will be no pictures, and just like with Archie's I don't expect them to release who the godparents are.

No matter which name they choose for their girl, even before born she already shares some common traits with her late grandmother, at least from a Chinese view.

For example, she will be born in a year of ox, just like her late grandmother was 60 years ago. However, there are 4 branches of ox years, and each branch has its own name. Although for every 12 years, an ox year returns, it takes 60 years for the same branch of ox year to return.

Their little girl will be born on the same branch of ox year as her late grandmother was, which is rare. If Harry and Meghan miss this year, they will have to wait another 60 years to try again, which is of course impossible :lol:

Moreover, it is likely that the girl will also be a Cancer. Such a joyful coincidence :flowers:.

In my view, I don't think they need to do anything deliberately to associate their girl with his late mum. God will do this little trick for them :flowers:

BTW, Diana was quite a person of year of ox -- 1961 and 1997 are both years of ox :ermm:

I don't think there is any way on this earth the child will carry Diana as a first name. Given their experiences, the absolute last thing the parents will want is burden their daughter - most likely Diana's last granddaughter - with the same name. In my opinion, as a middle name it is likely, however, that the child might carry Diana or Frances, or perhaps Francesca, as a variation on the theme.

My guess: Aisha Hope Mountbatten-Windsor

Again congratulations to the Sussexes as they await the arrival of their daughter.

Names: Perhaps incorporating a form of Elizabeth: Beth, Betty, Lisbeth, Eliza

Using Rachel as one of her names or a form of it Raquel

I don't see a combination of Diana/Doria being created-It's too close to "Diorama" but then again there is "Dior."

A girl! Congrats! (I thought they would have another boy).

They said the baby is due in summer, right? So maybe around June/July? Which means that by the time of their announcement in February, Meghan was 4 months along.

Well after the interview we know it won't be a family name except maybe doria. Diana is charlotte's middle name.

Has anyone anywhere ever called their child Diorama or Dior??

Again congratulations to the Sussexes as they await the arrival of their daughter.

I don't see a combination of Diana/Doria being created-It's too close to "Diorama" but then again there is "Dior."

Yes because naming a child for your mother is never done.

Royals never lower themselves to naming children after family members. Its so Hollywood of them to want to cash in on by honoring his mother.

You mean that it was tacky for the Queen Mother Elizabeth to name Queen Elizabeth after herself? And for Prince Phillip to name Andrew after his father?

You mean that it was tacky for the Queen Mother Elizabeth to name Queen Elizabeth after herself? And for Prince Phillip to name Andrew after his father?

HRHBerengaria, Countessmeout was being sarcastic and snide with her comment. In response to another poster she disagrees with.

It was sarcasm.

Response to someone suggesting using Diana was only to 'cash in on her'.

Lisbeth would be cute, not a more common one.

Betty would be too Archie comics :lol:

But I like the idea of them choosing a name that honors the family, but that is the baby's own name. No straight honor or weird hybrid.

Baby Dior :cool:Some how surprised no celebrity has used that one.

I'd usually guess something a bit unusual for a royal, something currently popular, like with Archie, but I feel like Harry will opt for Diana.

I can’t see Harry loading Diana, with all its history and expectations, on to a daughter. I can see it as a middle name, but am really opting for something short, snappy (like Archie with two syllables) and modern.

Has anyone anywhere ever called their child Diorama or Dior??

Here's a little history on the name "Dior." Speaking from personal experience, this is a name that I've read off at least two classroom attendance lists as a substitute teacher. I've not yet encountered "Diorama" yet, but then again I never thought I'd meet a second grade boy named "Vinyl." Yes it's pronounced the same way when discussing vinyl flooring options at the local home improvement center.

https://www.thebump.com/b/dior-baby-name

Origin:French

Meaning:golden

Dior as a girl's name is of French origin. Dior is related to the surname D'Or meaning "golden".

Last edited:
I can’t see Harry loading Diana, with all its history and expectations, on to a daughter. I can see it as a middle name, but am really opting for something short, snappy (like Archie with two syllables) and modern.

Honestly, I can, especially after watching the interview. I think he very much identifies with his mother as the much-maligned, cast-out member of the BRF.

Yes because naming a child for your mother is never done.

Royals never lower themselves to naming children after family members. Its so Hollywood of them to want to cash in on by honoring his mother.

It was unfair of me to say that naming this child after his mother is "riding a money train for all its worth." Perhaps the better way to express my thought on it is that naming this baby Diana is like catnip. It's the association, the idea that they, too, have been woefully mistreated by the BRF, that they want, and by naming the baby Diana, they'll keep that idea in people's minds, at least subconsciously, especially to their main audience now, the American public.

I'd like to think they won't name her Diana, but I feel like Harry is far from over the trauma of her death, and is borderline obsessed with her.

I don't think saddling the little girl with lifelong comparisons with her late grandmother would be wise, but...I suspect they'll do it anyway, at Harry's insistence.

I'll be perfectly happy to be wrong. :)

I'd like to think they won't name her Diana, but I feel like Harry is far from over the trauma of her death, and is borderline obsessed with her.

I don't think saddling the little girl with lifelong comparisons with her late grandmother would be wise, but...I suspect they'll do it anyway, at Harry's insistence.

I'll be perfectly happy to be wrong. :)

Not sure. they could have given Archie her second name.. Francis fro Frances and they didnt. Its hard to say what mood they'll be in when it comes to naming their new child...

I think they would go either way, totally unexpected (a name we never thought of in our minds) or predictable (Diana...).

I agree with @Denville. It will depend on their mood...

My suggestion for today is Frankie Margaux,

Frankie is an up and coming name, and is a version of Frances which is Diana's middle name, and her Mum's first name.
Margaux is a French version of Margot and ultimately Meghan and Margaret.

Last edited:
I hate abbreviations of names being given as names, personally. Archie is really short for Archibald.. which is a long ugly name.. so I can understand them using it.. but Frances isn't that long or unattractive...

Would Joy be considered inappropriate?

I doubt it.
Among the Queen's descendants there's already a Zara, Isla, Savannah; "Joy" doesn't mean anything unsuitable (not a dirty word or anything), H&M are not working royals, so i think they can call their daughter whatever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom