Old 02-18-2021, 11:45 AM
Nobility

For a girl I like Alice or Alicia.

Old 02-19-2021, 06:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
For a girl I like Alice or Alicia.
I would not say that's at all likely....

Old 02-19-2021, 09:47 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Will the baby even be christened?

I can't see them coming back to the UK so potential this will be the first descendant of the royals not to use the family christening robe - even the grandkids of the Gloucesters and Freddie Windsor's kids were christened in it

Old 02-19-2021, 09:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Will the baby even be christened?

I can't see them coming back to the UK so potential this will be the first descendant of the royals not to use the family christening robe - even the grandkids of the Gloucesters and Freddie Windsor's kids were christened in it
I dont know if they will have the baby baptised but I think so..
Old 02-19-2021, 09:57 AM
Majesty

The baby will be baptized, but for 99,9% without royal godparents.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:06 AM
Courtier

I honestly think this one is a girl. I doubt very much that this baby will be christened and certainly not in the UK.

As for a name, I know that a lot of people believe Diana won't be the first name because of all the pressure and association that would come with it. However, given the statements and behaviors of the parents, I would actually be very, very surprised if this child isn't named Diana. While it makes much more sense to me to use that as a middle name or even a second middle name as in the case of Charlotte, I think they'll stick with only two names as they did with Archie and while I really have no idea when the middle name will be, I wouldn't be even remotely surprised to see a Diana Meghan or a Diana Loyce or a Diana Rachel.
Old 02-19-2021, 10:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I honestly think this one is a girl. I doubt very much that this baby will be christened and certainly not in the UK.

As for a name, I know that a lot of people believe Diana won't be the first name because of all the pressure and association that would come with it. However, given the statements and behaviors of the parents, I would actually be very, very surprised if this child isn't named Diana. While it makes much more sense to me to use that as a middle name or even a second middle name as in the case of Charlotte, I think they'll stick with only two names as they did with Archie and while I really have no idea when the middle name will be, I wouldn't be even remotely surprised to see a Diana Meghan or a Diana Loyce or a Diana Rachel.
I really doubt it. why would they go for all family names when usually nowadays people try and give a baby his own individual name. I'm sure they'll add Diana into the name.. but I can't see them using it as a daughter's given name that she's called by... It would be a big imposition on the child...
THey will probalby use some fashionable but non royal name as a given name.. and add Diana...
Old 02-20-2021, 02:20 AM
Administrator

Seriously?!

Its a baby not an act of war.

Off topic, speculative and posts that add nothing to the discussion have been deleted.

Any questions need to be directed to any of the British mods.

Old 02-20-2021, 02:28 AM
Majesty

For a son: Robert Francis Philip
Old 02-20-2021, 08:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

I am guessing they will go with a “meaningful” name like they did with Archie (Arche). That is a pretty big field.

LaRae
Old 02-20-2021, 09:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Might the name Oprah be a contender?
I purely doubt. Not even Opal.

Here are some more ideas:

Cecilia; Sheila; Deborah; Dahlia; Daphne (for their Australian friend); Phyllis; Davina; Melissa; Marcie or Marcia; Alanna; Alyssa; Althea; Brianna; Delilah; Desiree; Destiny; Maya; Kimberley; Raina; Linda; Leslie; Selina; Tracy

I first mentioned 'Doriana' when Meghan was pregnant with her first, thinking it might be a girl. But there's no guarantee they want to use any form of either of their mothers' names. Still, if they did, that's a perfect combination. They might also honor Meghan's maternal grandmother: Doriana Jeanette, or Desiree Jeanette.

Possibly Victoria Joy; Doreen Frances; Dinah or Dina; and I do like Maeve as I mentioned earlier.

For boys:
Jason; Jonah; Clayton; Adam; Dexter; Jonathan; Donovan; Dana; Tristan; Cameron

Or, a version of Meghan's grandfather's name:

Calvin Aloysius or Alvin Jasper
Old 02-20-2021, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps a nod to where the baby will likely be born? Barbara-From Santa Barbara which is the name of the county where the family resides and the county seat.

Or perhaps something more unique...

Girl-Calafia - The fictional queen of the island of California who is depicted on the state seal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calafia.

Quote:
Calafia, or Califia, is the fictional queen of the island of California, first introduced by sixteenth-century poet Garci Rodríguez de Montalvo in his epic, Las sergas de Esplandián (The Adventures of Esplandián), written around 1510.[1] The Californias, a region of North America encompassing the U.S. state of California and the Mexican states of Baja California and Baja California Sur, take their name from Calafia and her kingdom.
In the novel, Calafia is a pagan warrior queen who ruled over a kingdom of black women living on the Island of California (an island off the coast of Asia). Calafia is convinced to raise an army of women warriors and sail away from California with a large flock of trained griffins so that she can join a Muslim battle against Christians who are defending Constantinople. In the siege, the griffins harm enemy and friendly forces, so they are withdrawn. Calafia and her ally Radiaro fight in single combat against the Christian leaders, a king and his son the knight Esplandián. Calafia is bested and taken prisoner, and she converts to Christianity. She marries a cousin of Esplandián and returns with her army to California for further adventures.[2]
Old 02-20-2021, 10:01 AM
Courtier

We know it won't be named Thomas or Samantha.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:24 AM
Aristocracy

Girl: Spencer Loyce

Spencer in honor of Diana. Given as a more unusual girl moniker. Loyce to honor Doria.

Boy: Leo Spencer

Meghan is a Leo (August birthday), so a bit of a nod to her (like Harrison for Harry). Spencer, in honor of Diana.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
We know it won't be named Thomas or Samantha.
LOL!
Old 02-20-2021, 11:09 AM
Nobility

I like the name Cynthia. Diana adored her paternal grandmother Cynthia Spencer.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Deedee. A D for each grandmother.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:13 AM
Aristocracy

Girl: Maggie Archana

Boy: Obie Megson
On second thought, I'll swap Obie to Ewell so that both boys would have connection to Archewell, so Ewell Megson it is!
Old 02-20-2021, 11:26 AM
Courtier

After Archie and August I have given up, I am hopeless at names , but I do think there will be a nod to Diana in some format.
Old 02-20-2021, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm dying of laughter but you maybe on to something!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minea View Post
Girl: Maggie Archana

Boy: Obie Megson
On second thought, I'll swap Obie to Ewell so that both boys would have connection to Archewell, so Ewell Megson it is!