The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 08:54 AM
Courtier

There's also Henrietta.

Old 06-03-2021, 09:06 AM
Royal Highness

I expect something like Princess Meghan Diana or Regina Gloriana. Possible Queen or Queenie, Regal, or even named directly after Meghan. Or something like Hope, Faith, Temperance or another virtue. Goddess, Angel, Gaia ect

Old 06-03-2021, 09:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I expect something like Princess Meghan Diana or Regina Gloriana. Possible Queen or Queenie, Regal, or even named directly after Meghan. Or something like Hope, Faith, Temperance or another virtue. Goddess, Angel, Gaia ect
Going that route, I'd not let out the possibility of Xena, Warrior Princess.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Up to a year ago, Harry was a senior working royal... Beatrice was never a working royal and as a minor member of the family, its hard to guess what she is likely to choose. Esp since the names of her parents are pretty likely to be "out".
What has the fact that Harry was a working royal got to do with the predictability of Baby Sussex's name versus the predictability of Baby Mapelli Mozzi's name?

Quote:
What exactly is the point of making snide comments about a baby's name?

Old 06-03-2021, 09:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
What has the fact that Harry was a working royal got to do with the predictability of Baby Sussex's name versus the predictability of Baby Mapelli Mozzi's name?

Harry is/was a public figure. We knew a certain amount about him...and while he had more leeway than William with names, it was possible that he would go for traditional royal names with one American one. Whereas a lot of minor royals aren't known at all, we dont know much about them, or their friends and relatives.. and they've shown quite a bit of latitude in the names they've picked for babies. Like Davina Lewis's children are called Senna and Tane.. Or her sister has 2 children called Lylah and Rufus. SO its almost impossible to guess what Bea's children will be called and Im sure people were suprised by Eugenie's baby's name.
But with Harry, you'd think that it would be possible to hazard a guess
Old 06-03-2021, 10:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Do you mean this seriously? Because I can't see them giving "Princess" or any royal title as a name.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:24 AM
Courtier

Faith and Temperance are names given to early settlers that came over to America from England. Not used much anymore. Genealogy charts abound with these names in early times.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:36 AM
Nobility

I'm going to guess "May" . It's simple. Starts with M. And Queen Mary was known as May to her family.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Seeing this quite a bit actually.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Actually it was not a snide remark - I know many little girls called Princess and Royal actually, if rather sad, and Queenie is from the Roots novels. I do think that Meghan will like to honor her American heritage here. So my husband has money on Rosa, as in Rosa Parks - my kids think the same is going to be Freedom or America. I like the actor America Ferreira so that would be a good choice. I think they are going to name the child after herself, Meghan.

Princess is currently no.797 on baby names in the US
https://babynames.com/name/Princess
Old 06-03-2021, 10:58 AM
Majesty

I thought that it wasn't possible to call a child Princess in the UK as that was part of the royal prerogative.. And I can't imagine why Anyone would think that Meghan would want her child to be called after anything royal, even a trad royal name like Elizabeth or Victoria or Alexandra. It would be pretty odd since they did't even give a royal name to Archie and when he was born, they were still working royals settled in the UK. I would have thought too that very few people give a child the same name as their parent nowadays, except as a second name.. so I would not expect Meghan.. I'd expect a name that they like and then possible Meghan or Diana.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Actually it was not a snide remark - I know many little girls called Princess and Royal actually, if rather sad, and Queenie is from the Roots novels. I do think that Meghan will like to honor her American heritage here. So my husband has money on Rosa, as in Rosa Parks - my kids think the same is going to be Freedom or America. I like the actor America Ferreira so that would be a good choice. I think they are going to name the child after herself, Meghan.

Princess is currently no.797 on baby names in the US
https://babynames.com/name/Princess
I doubt they will name the child Freedom or America. And I doubt there will be a Meghan, Jr. Peter and Autumn did name one of their children Savannah, which is a popular name in the US now and more "conservative" than Freedom or America.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Royal Highness

It is a fair question - Currently in my kids' school there is 2 Princes , 1 Earl and 1 Princess and I know a Queen Mary.
None of them are entitled - at least to my knowledge. The girl named Princess goes by Cessie and believe it or not, Queen Mary was named after the hospital. She is on her way to becoming a doctor so will one day be Doctor Queen Mary.
I think you can name your kids what you want, in limits of course Elon Musk - or clearly no-one is stopping people at the register office.

I get your argument - fell the same when people name their kids Doctor and Judge.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
It is a fair question - Currently in my kids' school there is 2 Princes , 1 Earl and 1 Princess and I know a Queen Mary.
None of them are entitled - at least to my knowledge. The girl named Princess goes by Cessie and believe it or not, Queen Mary was named after the hospital. She is on her way to becoming a doctor so will one day be Doctor Queen Mary.
I think you can name your kids what you want, in limits of course Elon Musk - or clearly no-one is stopping people at the register office.

I get your argument - fell the same when people name their kids Doctor and Judge.
I'm sure I read it somewhere that its not possible in the UK.. but I suppose not all registrars are strict about it. And in the US they can call the child anything they like but i think it would look rather pointed to give the baby a name like Princess when they raised the issue of their children "not" being given HRH
Old 06-03-2021, 11:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

For two people that are adamant about being good parents, I would think that they'd consider the implications of any name they give their daughter. Especially as the parents are so well known and their kids will be "of interest" to the general public as they grow up. Also, kids can be cruel with nicknames. Then again, they can come up with something out of thin air sometimes no matter what the name of the child is.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
For two people that are adamant about being good parents, I would think that they'd consider the implications of any name they give their daughter. Especially as the parents are so well known and their kids will be "of interest" to the general public as they grow up. Also, kids can be cruel with nicknames. Then again, they can come up with something out of thin air sometimes no matter what the name of the child is.
oh come on, i think any name can induce jokes.. but to give one of their children a name like Princess or Queen would look very odd when they have raised issues about their kids not getting the title of Prince or Princess. And why call a child by a "royal" name when you clearly feel alienated from the royal family and system.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
Faith and Temperance are names given to early settlers that came over to America from England. Not used much anymore. Genealogy charts abound with these names in early times.
Faith is actually #136 on the SSA list of most popular names for girls born in 2020, Hope is #204, and Temperance is #854. So, I'll give you that Temperance isn't used much anymore but Faith and Hope most certainly are.

Interestingly, Charity is another virtue name and I would have thought it would rank higher than Temperance but it doesn't - it's #995.

Other virtue names - Grace #28, Honor not ranked, Justice #575, Mercy #814, Providence not ranked, Prudence not ranked, Purity not ranked, Treasure #729.

Social Security Administration Popular Names List
Old 06-03-2021, 03:34 PM
Nobility

I expect odd, non-royal names and that we are not told the names of the godparents.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:37 PM
Majesty

Im not sure why they'd call a child after a tv series that was on the air mabye 15 years ago....
Old 06-03-2021, 07:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Im not sure why they'd call a child after a tv series that was on the air mabye 15 years ago....
I was being facetious, actually. I think the name that they do pick will be one they like and suitable to their child. Of course if they really want to go with a name that is biblically old and even aristocratic, I'd let them use *my* name which is "Deborah".

Even with that staunch name, I had a guy (a friend actually) in high school that used to look at me and say "take off de bra" with a silly grin.