Names and Godparents for Harry and Meghan's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another name has hit me as a potential reflecting on American first ladies. How about the name Jacqueline (Jackie for short)? So many people admired Jackie Kennedy Onassis for the strength and fortitude she exhibited throughout her time as FLOTUS with the assassination of her husband and then, even with the rumors abounding of JFK's peccadillos. :D

Dont really see why. Jackie was essentially a socialte.. only thing she did that was "new" was to take up a job some years after leaving the White House.

Dont really see why. Jackie was essentially a socialte.. only thing she did that was "new" was to take up a job some years after leaving the White House.

Actually, before she married JFK, Jackie worked as a journalist and even was in London to cover Queen Elizabeth II's coronation for the Washington Times-Herald in 1953. ?

Actually, before she married JFK, Jackie worked as a journalist and even was in London to cover Queen Elizabeth II's coronation for the Washington Times-Herald in 1953. ?
I think it was light journalism, of the kind that an American upper class girl did to fill in the time before getting married... Then she married Onassis, largely for his money after JFK's death and to get away from America. I dont think, in short that she had any special qualities that might make someone choose to call their child after her...

Stranger things have happened. There's no real indication of just what Harry and Meghan are going to call their daughter. For all we know, they could decide on Desert Moonchild. :eek:

Stranger things have happened. There's no real indication of just what Harry and Meghan are going to call their daughter. For all we know, they could decide on Desert Moonchild. :eek:

well yes, with most royals one can hazard a guess or 2, because they do tend to use family names.... but with them, no-one can tell what name they will go for. the only thing we can think might happen is that they'll use Diana's name.
I can't think of any reason why they would use one name more than another.. the only thing I'm fairly sure of is that they wont use a name that's well known as a royal name, like Elizabeth, Anne, Victoria, Alexandra etc.

Last edited:
I would think that Camilla would classified as more "horsey" than Charles. Both of them though are very comfortable seated on a horse. Camilla, though, is just one of those people you *know* is an animal lover.
Since the point raised was that Anne might have made the remark about Archie, because she's into "bloodlines"... I just pointed out that many of the RF are horsey. Camilla is indeed a member of the RF but I somehow didn't think that Harry was referring to someone who had married into the family who made the remark..

I'm gonna go with:
Guanyin

why you say? It's the goddess of compassion...

Whatever Jackie accomplished or not she is one of the biggest icons of 20th century popular culture and the blueprint for all the First ladies that came after her. If Harry and Meghan for some reason decided to name their daughter after her they wouldn't be the first couple to do so.

Whatever Jackie accomplished or not she is one of the biggest icons of 20th century popular culture and the blueprint for all the First ladies that came after her. If Harry and Meghan for some reason decided to name their daughter after her they wouldn't be the first couple to do so.

True but given their tendency to at least give the impression that they admire radical or serious minded people, I think that Jackie wouldn't be high on that list. Hillary Clinton has a political career in her own right.. other First Ladies have had serious charity interests.. Jackie dressed well and did up the White House...

Since the point raised was that Anne might have made the remark about Archie, because she's into "bloodlines"... I just pointed out that many of the RF are horsey. Camilla is indeed a member of the RF but I somehow didn't think that Harry was referring to someone who had married into the family who made the remark..

Oh sorry. I wasn't thinking anywhere near who made a crude statement. To be honest, my opinion is that I can't really picture any of them making any kind of a derogatory remark against an unborn child. But that's just me. ?

You're right that the BRF members, for the most part, know good horseflesh.

And her sister Caroline ("Lee") married Stanisław, Prince Radziwiłł. Those were the days. Opera singers, shipping tycoons, first ladies and royalty.

I think it was light journalism, of the kind that an American upper class girl did to fill in the time before getting married... Then she married Onassis, largely for his money after JFK's death and to get away from America. I dont think, in short that she had any special qualities that might make someone choose to call their child after her...

Jackie Kennedy was an intelligent woman. She attended College at a time when many socialites did not attend and just became debutantes and married well. She and her children planned the Kennedy Library. Onassis wanted to marry her IMO to have a "trophy" wife as one of the most famous women on the planet. She married him for security. Apparently Jackie did get a settlement from Joseph P. Kennedy.

Meghan is rather a Democrat by convictions, isn't she?

She hasn't expressly come out and state her political leanings to any party but it's been obvious from her words and actions that she favors the liberal point of view.

Anything could be used as a name. Is there any particular reason why they would use Iris? Is it very popular in the US? is it a family name?>

Iris is a flower which blooms in the Spring. The name had been popular as a flower name for girls.

Iris is a flower which blooms in the Spring. The name had been popular as a flower name for girls.

At first, I thought you might have been referring to Siri, the name that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes choose for their daughter. I don't know why they chose that name, or maybe I did, but I've forgotten it. Maybe Harry and Meghan will think of a name but flip it, like Tom and Katie did. Anaid? Airod?

At first, I thought you might have been referring to Siri, the name that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes choose for their daughter. I don't know why they chose that name, or maybe I did, but I've forgotten it. Maybe Harry and Meghan will think of a name but flip it, like Tom and Katie did. Anaid? Airod?

I though that the child was called Suri, not Siri.
And I dont know how popular Iris is in the USA, but to me it always sounds like a very old fashioned name, like Violet. Though I suppose both names might be making a comeback...

I though that the child was called Suri, not Siri.
And I dont know how popular Iris is in the USA, but to me it always sounds like a very old fashioned name, like Violet. Though I suppose both names might be making a comeback...

Oopsie ? I think you're right. It's Suri, not Siri.

Instead of Doria, the variant of Dora could be used. Also Dorinda, which is an elaboration of Dora could be used.

If they're going with variations, i'd still think it'd be Doriana as a combination of both their mother's names (Dory for short) (although that might remind too much of 'Finding Nemo'?)

But it's anyone's guess really isn't it :flowers: we'll know pretty soon now...

I don't mine Doriana. It's a legitimate girls' name, not a concoction, and it comes with two potential nicknames, both of them quite nice and catchy: Dory and Ana or Anna.

I don't mine Doriana. It's a legitimate girls' name, not a concoction, and it comes with two potential nicknames, both of them quite nice and catchy: Dory and Ana or Anna.

Or, one I like. Ria. ?

i'd have said that Doriana IS a concoction.. and I think it would be better to use Doria and Diana as middle names to honor the grandmothers.. and give the child a first name that is all hers. IN fact, Rachel Meg's first name IS a nice dignified proper name, so why not use it?

:previous: Denville, I do agree that Rachel would make an excellent choice for a daughter's name. It has two syllables and would not require a nickname.

i'd have said that Doriana IS a concoction.. and I think it would be better to use Doria and Diana as middle names to honor the grandmothers.. and give the child a first name that is all hers. IN fact, Rachel Meg's first name IS a nice dignified proper name, so why not use it?

I looked up Doriana and it is a name on its own. It is a variant of Doria and derived from from 'Doris' meaning 'gift'. In the case of M&H it would work nicely, incorporating as it does the names of both their mothers. I wouldn't use it though if I were M&H. A child needs a name of its own, not a name that looks like an amalgam of other people's names.

As for Rachel, since Meghan chose not to use that name for herself despite it being her parents' first choice for her given name, I think it is unlikely she will want to give it to her daughter.

Last edited:
I looked up Doriana and it is a name on its own. It is a variant of Doria and derived from from 'Doris' meaning 'gift'. In the case of M&H it would work nicely, incorporating as it does the names of both their mothers. I wouldn't use it though if I were M&H. A child needs a name of its own, not a name that looks like an amalgam of other people's names.

As for Rachel, since Meghan chose not to use that name for herself despite it being her parents' first choice for her given name, I think it is unlikely she will want to give it to her daughter.
I think Doriana sounds like a "made up" name and I agree, I dont really like amalgams of names all that much. I do think that it would be nicer if they found a name for the baby that's her own name.. and put in Doria and Diana as middle names.
I dont know much of M's early life but perhaps she was always called Meghan? My parents always called me by my second given name, not the first.

Meghan has never gone by Rachel. Plenty of childhood videos but most famously the P&G commercial video from when she was 11 years shows it.

No one expected Archie as the name. I won’t begin to guess the name for Baby Girl. I am willing to bet it’s likely to be just as unexpected but I won’t be surprised to see them honor a grandparent in the middle name.

I'd say that Diana will certianly be a middle name..

:previous: And understandably, if so. Just like it was important to William to honour his mother in Charlotte's name.

How about Junette if the baby is born in the month of June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom