Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight, Thomas Markle Sr. definitely needed more guidance from the Palace. But...Doria Ragland got exactly the same amount of help and SHE hasn't colluded with press..

Did Meghan need guidance too ? The two situations are not comparable, but take Daniel Westling for example. Not only did the King of Sweden take nine years or so to consent to his marriage to CP Victoria, but also Daniel received extensive "grooming" from the Swedish Royal Court, including tutoring in constitutional law, royal history, and etiquette and protocol. The latter specifically (i.e etiquette and protocol) was also part of Sofia Hellqvist's now famous "princess classes".

Comparisons aside, I don't think Kensington Palace and Clarence House have quite met the standards we would expect from the PoW's and Prince Harry's households in the run-up to this wedding. It is not surprising that the British press is now turning against the courtiers for alleged lack of professionalism and letting things get out of control.

This is the latest on Sr's condition

Meghan Markle left 'in tears' over father's staged paparazzi photos | Daily Mail Online

Meghan is in tears but holding up. The BRF feels sorry for Meghan and rallies behind her; but the Firm holds Sr. responsible for his role in PapGate and the wedding no show. Sr talking to TMZ can't be helping.

I think Sr is going to get Fergie-ed, declared persona non grata by the queen and banned from future family related events. I think the Markle family coat of arms is a no go after this. Meghan will still get her C of A.

I make it a policy to take anything written by the Daily Mail with a box of salt.

The Queen still has a relationship with Sarah, it is Philip who doesn't. She visits in Scotland when Philip is not there and has still has tea with the Queen.

Sr was never getting a family coat of arms.

I think they will make it clear that Sr. is not a part of her public life.

As far as advising Sr. given the fact that he was not only in communication with Samantha but also taking her advice which was contrary to KP advice, I don't know what Meghan and Harry could of done to prevent what happened.

"Good Morning Britain ditches Meghan Markle's sister-in-law and nephews from ITV's royal wedding coverage"

So there is that. So glad the worm has finally turned on this non family!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish the press would quit referring to Tracy Dooley as Meghan's sister-in-law. She hasn't been remotely connected to Meghan in over 20 years and is actually the second ex-wife of her half brother, Tom Markle, Jr. They were supposedly divorced in 2001 when Meghan was still quite young.

Did anyone notice the sidebar in the latest DM article? It talks about Sr's surgery, and mentions:

Quote: he had already been diagnosed with a heart condition and was due to undergo planned surgery to fit a stent early next week – on his return from London.

I have thought this since the beginning of his heart troubles being reported, the man is obviously seriously obese and has to have a ton of medical conditions, possibly including diabetes and of course heart disease. I think he's known he needed work done on his heart for a while and has been putting it off. Now that it's a convenient excuse he's having it done and talking to the tabs about it.

I'd also like to mention that diabetes is a very strange illness, it messes with your emotions and can be very confusing. Mood swings and depression are common reactions from a body that is totally out of whack. But, there is no excuse for not taking better care of himself. He is the only one in control of what he puts into his body, and it seems to me that he's being very selfish and childish in his lifestyle decisions imo.

In hindsight, Thomas Markle Sr. definitely needed more guidance from the Palace. But...Doria Ragland got exactly the same amount of help and SHE hasn't colluded with press.

As for the siblings...how do you control crazy? I suspect that's why Meghan chose not to invite them to the wedding in the first place. She knows them very well, we don't, and neither does Piers Morgan. Imagine all the "inside scoops" they would have sold to the press. And it wouldn't have stopped there, they would have expected even more invitations - to christenings, to check out the new apartment at KP, etc. and the minute Meghan tried to shut them out we'd see exactly what we are seeing now.

We don’t know father offered same help. The mother met Harry Dad hasn’t.The mother has security Father hasn’t Father May have said security not needed. The Father has been offered tons of money to give interviews and refused.

Harry should have made a point to fly down and at least explain to the man what was about to happen. And maybe he would have accepted it. And as for contact with other daughter she is his child too but he reportedly blames his heartache on sons letter.

Last edited:
What ever happened to that supposedly "big scoop" with the Daily Mirror with Tom Jr. being in Windsor for the wedding? Has the Mirror come to their senses and backed away from this black sheeple? Are TPTB tending to Samantha in the hospital, who is obviously frazzled and dazed and confused even more with the events of recently being hunted down by paparazzi that she's blatantly courted for all they're worth, being paid to muzzle the woman and cut off all communications with the outside world? Is TMZ keeping vigil by Tom Sr.'s bedside as his sole support system and consoler throughout this ungodly mess?

Stay tuned for further updates from "As The Stomach Churns" sponsored in part by the folks that bring you Poo-Pourri, that fabulous toilet scent miracle.

That last paragraph is ?..........thanks for that in the morning, Osipi.

Did anyone notice the sidebar in the latest DM article? It talks about Sr's surgery, and mentions:

Quote: he had already been diagnosed with a heart condition and was due to undergo planned surgery to fit a stent early next week – on his return from London.

I have thought this since the beginning of his heart troubles being reported, the man is obviously seriously obese and has to have a ton of medical conditions, possibly including diabetes and of course heart disease. I think he's known he needed work done on his heart for a while and has been putting it off. Now that it's a convenient excuse he's having it done and talking to the tabs about it.

I'd also like to mention that diabetes is a very strange illness, it messes with your emotions and can be very confusing. Mood swings and depression are common reactions from a body that is totally out of whack. But, there is no excuse for not taking better care of himself. He is the only one in control of what he puts into his body, and it seems to me that he's being very selfish and childish in his lifestyle decisions imo.
I can agree with that. Honestly, heart conditions have multiple causes and triggers. I think if he already had a heart condition and couldn't put off the surgery much longer after he returns from England, it's likely that additional problems can be triggered by the recent events. In either case, I do think it's best for his health not to come to England. I would've said the same thing had the last four days not happened and the photogate never came out and he never spoke to TMZ. It's not something I think he should be take the chance on.

Well, at least Meghan responded to her father's absence. I'm sure she's been keeping up with his condition on a regular basis.
She can now focus on the wedding and he can focus on his recovery. Wish them both well.

I used to work in a Tech Support call center and one of the Techs next to me once had a sort of diabetes-induced fainting spell/fit due to not enough insulin and I can testify to what you are talking about. Slurred speech and confused behavior-----I remember that.

One can always hope Doria sets Senior straight in regards to his health....no more Mickey D's and KFC every day, Thomas........and Meghan should get in on it. Maybe get in to Yoga finally after all these years. :lol:

Hi, BTW!!!!! :flowers::flowers:

Not even bothering to read it because in the span of two days he has flip flopped his opinion. I laughed at Dickie calling him out on twitter. His show and former paper is the cause for A LOT of the coverage. The Samantha and the Dooley's were on his show how many time? Piers can hush.

Anyways... Charles and Camila were spotted arriving and leaving KP with flowers. They were obviously going to meet Doria. Seems she likely also met with the Cambridges as well.

YES!!! When I saw his article I thought to myself, "Make your mind up, Piers." He tries to present himself as reputable but he is no better than TMZ.

What you say, Missy, has a lot of sense behind it. Its very possible that Mr. Markle knew this was needed to be done and kept procrastinating on it in the hopes that he could put it off long enough to get through the wedding and then have the procedure done. Most likely too, unless Tom Sr. was totally closed mouth about everything and anything, Samantha would have known the state of her father's health. Or did she?

Sadly, the escalation of drama with his older children most like exacerbated an already existing problem and brought it all to a head and crashing down to ensure that he was in no fit shape to attend the wedding. What really galls me the most though, I think, is that with all the concern that Samantha has put forth in defending her father and proclaiming to know how hassled and harassed her father was and the effect it was having on him, she sure didn't make a beeline to be with him when he most likely would have needed his family the most. Neither did Tom Jr. I'm beginning to think that actually Tom Sr. played right into their hands when it comes to publicly trashing Meghan's wedding and causing as much mayhem and chaos as they possibly could.

YES!!! When I saw his article I thought to myself, "Make your mind up, Piers." He tries to present himself as reputable but he is no better than TMZ.

I did (guiltily) enjoyed his verbal take-down of Sam 2-3 days ago, but aside from that, I agree. Cannot stand the man, personally. :bang::bang:

We don’t know father offered same help. The mother met Harry Dad hasn’t.The mother has security Father hasn’t Father May have said security not needed. The Father has been offered tons of money to give interviews and refused.

Harry should have made a point to fly down and at least explain to the man what was about to happen. And maybe he would have accepted it. And as for contact with other daughter she is his child too but he reportedly blames his heartache on sons letter.

The thing is, he first blamed Samantha for it. IMO, that tends to make sense in the light of certain comments here that conditions like his tend to lead to erratic, inconsistent behavior. I think the truth lies somewhere near the middle-----it was a combination of BOTH of them, maybe? :sad::sad:

Harry should have made a point to fly down and at least explain to the man what was about to happen. And maybe he would have accepted it.

I was referring to the advice from Kensington Palace. The Palace warned the Markles and Doria about the press. Doria listened. Thomas Sr. did at first but slipped once he followed crazy Samantha's advice. And he's compounded that mistake by communicating with TMZ.

We realize now he needed more guidance than Doria. But I'm not sure it's fair for Piers Morgan & other reporters to blame the Palace for not knowing that.

What you say, Missy, has a lot of sense behind it. Its very possible that Mr. Markle knew this was needed to be done and kept procrastinating on it in the hopes that he could put it off long enough to get through the wedding and then have the procedure done. Most likely too, unless Tom Sr. was totally closed mouth about everything and anything, Samantha would have known the state of her father's health. Or did she?

Sadly, the escalation of drama with his older children most like exacerbated an already existing problem and brought it all to a head and crashing down to ensure that he was in no fit shape to attend the wedding. What really galls me the most though, I think, is that with all the concern that Samantha has put forth in defending her father and proclaiming to know how hassled and harassed her father was and the effect it was having on him, she sure didn't make a beeline to be with him when he most likely would have needed his family the most. Neither did Tom Jr. I'm beginning to think that actually Tom Sr. played right into their hands when it comes to publicly trashing Meghan's wedding and causing as much mayhem and chaos as they possibly could.

Jr should definitely be by his dad's side, that's where he belongs - not making an ass out of himself by popping up in Windsor. I have to give Samantha a pass on being at her father's bedside since she's wheelchair bound it isn't easy to fly and she's probably in phone contact. Doesn't mean I forgive her for getting her father and everyone else so wound up and doing her best to trash her half-sister's big day.

Sam's the malignancy in this family imo, her brother is a 'not too bright' dupe with lots of disgusting issues. I hope there's a chance for Meghan and her dad to patch things up, and that Sr works on being a healthier influence on his daughter's life mentally and physically. I know when I had my first grandchild it was a life changing event. I quit smoking, lost 50 lbs and left my high-stress job building telecommunications sites. Here's hoping her dad makes some positive changes and quits listening to the little devils whispering in his ears.

I was referring to the advice from Kensington Palace. The Palace warned the Markles and Doria about the press. Doria listened. Thomas Sr. did at first but slipped once he followed crazy Samantha's advice. And he's compounded that mistake by communicating with TMZ.

We realize now he needed more guidance than Doria. But I'm not sure it's fair for Piers Morgan & other reporters to blame the Palace for not knowing that.

The Palace did their proper advice. Doria showed class and sophistication and followed, the others were the exact opposite. No way was it Palace fault or responsibility. If anyone needed more guidance they only had to refer back to original suggestion and stay low, keep mouth shut, but sometimes money runs lives. I bet if all had behaved properly [like Doria and Kate's family did with all the awful media crap they put up with, especially Carole] they now not only been invited but would be enjoying a nice stay in UK. In the end they cut off their nose to spite their mean faces. Even Sam's own daughter can't stomach her. Really says a great deal.

One thing that "sort" of bothers me is the Dooleys. To me, their biggest "sin" is simply trying to profit off of the publicity and their connections to her. Yes, they have not talked to her in ages, but they never badmouthed her in public---on the contrary, they have all but disowned Junior an sided with her in this whole drama.

And they are pot farmers----so what? Legal business over here in certain areas of the country------but I guess the BRF and Meghan felt they were not Close relatives enough. Too bad. I would have invited them.

Certainly better than somebody over here suggesting that Tom Jr. be invited because of his second letter "apologizing." Oh, dear God. :ermm::ermm:

I don't know if I have been vetted to show links yet, but I can tell you this-----

I just read that John Cena has offered to walk Meghan down the aisle if her father doesn't show up. He was co-hosting the Today show with Kathie Lee (I think yesterday) when she suggested he would be a perfect stand-in for Markle Sr. He actually said he would do it.

"Yeah, I could do it. I could hop on a plane and be there in a few days." :lol:
Very noble of the man, I must admit.

Don't know whether to laugh or consider that seriously or whatever. ??

Anyway----just wanted to throw that out there. :flowers:

Who on Earth is John Cena?

One thing that "sort" of bothers me is the Dooleys. To me, their biggest "sin" is simply trying to profit off of the publicity and their connections to her. Yes, they have not talked to her in ages, but they never badmouthed her in public---on the contrary, they have all but disowned Junior an sided with her in this whole drama.

And they are pot farmers----so what? Legal business over here in certain areas of the country------but I guess the BRF and Meghan felt they were not Close relatives enough. Too bad. I would have invited them.

Certainly better than somebody over here suggesting that Tom Jr. be invited because of his second letter "apologizing." Oh, dear God. :ermm::ermm:

I agree. They've said nothing but nice things about Meghan, didn't expect to receive any wedding invitations and are OK with that, and have wished her well. But they don't seem to realize how tacky their behavior is and how it might embarrass Meghan. Showing up in the UK as wedding commentators???

But they probably wouldn’t be wedding commentators if invited which is why they should have been invited would have also given Dad someone to talk too. Family is family.

What are the Dooleys doing now that they have no TV gig?

They're forming a musical band and will soon entertain us with remakes of "Mary Jane" and "One Toke Over the Line." :eek: ?

Last edited:
I agree. They've said nothing but nice things about Meghan, didn't expect to receive any wedding invitations and are OK with that, and have wished her well. But they don't seem to realize how tacky their behavior is and how it might embarrass Meghan. Showing up in the UK as wedding commentators???

The lure of money is very strong. Plus I guess they thought MM would not mind if they got to promote their business while earning that money. Naïve, but somewhat understandable.

Personally, if I was Meghan, I would say I was not embarrassed. I would say THEY are the ones embarrassing themselves, not me. YOU guys are the ones who made the decisions that led to this, not me. I would wish them well and "sorry you did not get the gig. And thank you for your support."

LOL.

Last edited:
The thing is, he first blamed Samantha for it. IMO, that tends to make sense in the light of certain comments here that conditions like his tend to lead to erratic, inconsistent behavior. I think the truth lies somewhere near the middle-----it was a combination of BOTH of them, maybe? :sad::sad:

With stress, usually it's not just one event. I don't think one of these things by itself would've been enough. It probably has been building for awhile, and quite frankly, we've all been tiptoeing wonder what they would come up with to sabotage Meghan's happiness every time something good comes out. I can only imagine that from Tom Sr.'s perspective. As much as I wish he wouldn't talk to TMZ, he did tell them that Meghan and Samantha hasn't had a relationship.

The lure of money is very strong. Plus I guess they thought MM would not mind if they got to promote their business while earning that money. Naïve, but somewhat understandable.

Personally, if I was Meghan, I would say I was not embarrassed. I would say THEY are the ones embarrassing themselves, not me. YOU guys are the ones who made the decisions that led to this, not me. I would wish them well and "sorry you did not get the gig. And thank you for your support."

LOL.

I don't think the Dooleys thought for one minute that Meghan wouldn't mind. They saw an opportunity, and they took it. I don't think Meghan's thoughts or what she would think is in their mind much. They are trying to move themselves up in their lives. And there might be some blood relations, but I don't think Meghan is anything other than a stranger to them.

With stress, usually it's not just one event. I don't think one of these things by itself would've been enough. It probably has been building for awhile, and quite frankly, we've all been tiptoeing wonder what they would come up with to sabotage Meghan's happiness every time something good comes out. I can only imagine that from Tom Sr.'s perspective. As much as I wish he wouldn't talk to TMZ, he did tell them that Meghan and Samantha hasn't had a relationship.

What all did he exactly tell TMZ?

What all did he exactly tell TMZ?

Among other things that's already been discussed. He did confirm that Samantha doesn't have a relationship with Meghan and they are not close. He's quite upset with Samantha as well as Jr.

One can always hope Doria sets Senior straight in regards to his health....no more Mickey D's and KFC every day, Thomas........and Meghan should get in on it. Maybe get in to Yoga finally after all these years. :lol:

Hi, BTW!!!!! :flowers::flowers:
One hopes Doria is more inclined to get a legal letter sent off warning him in no uncertain terms not to ever again come to her home pulling his pap/scam stunts at her expense.

One hopes Doria is more inclined to get a legal letter sent off warning him in no uncertain terms not to ever again come to her home pulling his pap/scam stunts at her expense.

That would easily be done by getting a restraining order. Doria has no obligation whatsoever to do anything about Tom Sr. They're divorced and have been divorced for 30 years and have no obligation to each other whatsoever outside of being joint parents to Meghan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom