Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enlighten me, then as to his motives and theirs ? Is he 'helping' them [make money] out of charity ?
It is WHOLLY unbelievable than Money 'hasn't changed hands' in this deeply tawdry and dishonourable episode..

Look, while the TMZ guys aren't the most moral people on Earth, they are lawyers. They might try to omit certain facts sometimes, but they are careful with how they state facts if they come out and say it's a fact. And trust me when I say some people have the ability to just screw things up even more when they think they are clarifying things.

I haven't watched but in case someone was interested.

Ok, I actually just watched this - she's not as stupid as I thought she would be and she can be quite articulate. Clearly, she wants the attention, she's done more harm than good, etc. etc. but I'm surprised when she said she was in fact "contacted" and asked by (I imagine) KP not to speak to the press early in the year (btw, not sooner??). Wouldn't it have been better if Meghan had talked to her personally? This is odd. I would be upset, too if a "representative" instead of your half-sibling would call me. I don't know I see so many poor choices made all around...and to see them played out in public is just sad. What a spectacle.

NO ONE comes with more family baggage than BRF.

True! ?

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point, any statement KP makes will be used against them. It's akin making a move on a chessboard, and KP isn't going to play that game.

Samantha is a [...] narcissist. Having dealt with these people in a family situation, I can tell you that the best way to deal with them is....not to have any contact at all. Say nothing. It's akin to dealing with terrorists-you don't negotiate. Anything you say can and will be used against you. Narcissists are extremely clever at using character assassination.

Also, having had heart surgery, I can tell you Mr. Markle Sr. is not going to be in any shape to communicate with the press for at least 48 hours, if his surgery is today. That goes for texting, too. Even for day surgery, he'll be getting some morphine or strong pain meds that will sedate him for a bit.

If I see anything from TMZ saying they have spoken directly with him today, or texts being sent directly from Mr. Markle, I am going to be inclined to think this heart trouble is a farce.

Poor Meghan....I feel so badly for her I simply cannot stand it. Thank God her Mother is now there with her, along with her best friend. I'm praying that all this drama will end and wind down now. However, with Samanatha's propensity for drama, somehow I dread thinking she has saved her best, for last. :bang:

Ok, I actually just watched this - she's not as stupid as I thought she would be and she can be quite articulate. Clearly, she wants the attention, she's done more harm than good, etc. etc. but I'm surprised when she said she was in fact "contacted" and asked by (I imagine) KP not to speak to the press early in the year (btw, not sooner??). Wouldn't it have been better if Meghan had talked to her personally? This is odd. I would be upset, too if a "representative" instead of your half-sibling would call me. I don't know I see so many poor choices made all around...and to see them played out in public is just sad. What a spectacle.

Why would Meghan talk to her personally? They haven't spoken to each other in years, and she has been gunning for Meghan since this relationship came to light. Any advice from KP is a courtesy. Sometimes it is a bad idea to actually have those involved contact if you want to just deal with the facts. Emotions tend to run high and people do things and complicate matter more than it needs to. I highly doubt Samantha would just say ok, that's fine if Meghan contacted her to give this advice.

Why would Meghan talk to her personally? They haven't spoken to each other in years, and she has been gunning for Meghan since this relationship came to light. Any advice from KP is a courtesy. Sometimes it is a bad idea to actually have those involved contact if you want to just deal with the facts. Emotions tend to run high and people do things and complicate matter more than it needs to. I highly doubt Samantha would just say ok, that's fine if Meghan contacted her to give this advice.

Why? Because she's asking a favour: "Please, I know we're not in good terms, but I would really appreciate if you could refrain from speaking to the press. It would greatly upset both our father and I, thank you. If there's anything I can do for you in this matter, please, let me know. If you're speaking to the press for monetary gain, let me know, and we'll help you arrange something with a reputable publication which will portray all of us in a good light" (like that has not been done before...). I don't think KP gave advice, I think they asked NOT to speak to the press,hardly a piece of advice.

Its actually better that any correspondence or communication right now with any of the Markle family is done through KP. KP is Harry's and soon to be Meghan's offices and to communicate this way, shows that this isn't personal, family business communication but more on an "official" level where copies are kept and filed away. KP is their middle man. KP speaks on behalf of Harry and Meghan in a non personal way.

It also prevents any kind of quote being attributed to Meghan or any one person.

In their video statement TMZ stated the reporter had been texting Mr. M and being helpful to him. To me, that sounds like the reporter was trying to create an in with Mr. M. It sounds a lot like how predators "groom" their victims. I'm not saying the reporter was that devious and perhaps he really does have Mr. M's best interests at heart. It just seems to me that Mr. M didn't just arbitrarily call up TMZ to report on his situation - rather he felt he was talking to someone who had been kind to him.

This makes sense, and is fairly typical with a certain type of reporter. It blurs the lines in a what is really an exploitive relationship, so that the target (in this case Thomas Markle Sr.) begins to think of the relationship as a personal one. It wouldn't work with a press-savvy target, but Tom Sr. is a private person, was clearly under a lot of stress, and must have been an easy mark.

I think this makes more sense than Sr suddenly deciding to blab all to the media after months of silence.

I'm sorry to say this, but that Meghan Markle came with a difficult family "baggage" (including her own divorce) was clear from the start. I'm not sure what could have been done to prevent this ridiculous, embarrassing circus since the days when the RF could veto spouses for its members are (more or less!) over, but I feel this is getting completely out of control. It will take a lot of effort to steady this ship. After the wedding, which will be unfortunately forever marred by this pantomime, they should really lay low, roll their sleeves up, stay away as much as possible from the press and focus on real, gritty work. I'm honestly not a fan of either PH and MM (I personally think they represent a flightiness and lack of depth so typical of their generation), and beyond the glamour and joy that a royal wedding brings I see them as having a very steep learning curve to climb. But, again, this is my very personal opinion.

I definitely don’t agree with your assessment of Harry and Meghan nor the idea of them going into hiding. It’s just not that deep. Is it embarrassing? Yes. The BRF dealt with bigger and badder. They need to just keep doing what they normally do. Glad they have an engagement a few days later. Change the narrative though most don’t have negative feelings towards the couple. Most see the drama for what it is.

Why? Because she's asking a favour: "Please, I know we're not in good terms, but I would really appreciate if you could refrain from speaking to the press. It would greatly upset both our father and I, thank you. If there's anything I can do for you in this matter, please, let me know. If you're speaking to the press for monetary gain, let me know, and we'll help you arrange something with a reputable publication which will portray all of us in a good light" (like that has not been done before...). I don't think KP gave advice, I think they asked NOT to speak to the press,hardly a piece of advice.

I think this is an awful idea. Unless a legal team is involved, there should be no contact between that woman (Samantha) and anyone at KP or in the BRF.

Meghan wouldn’t nor shouldn’t talk to someone like Samantha in an unofficial way. It has been proven more than once how much she hates Meghan. So going through KP was wise. Not that it mattered as Samantha clearly didn’t care and really wants her little fame.

Megan talk to Samantha directly!!!! For what????! So that Sam can run to the media and give them word for word account of their conversation that will earn her even MORE money thrashing Meghan?

Are people seriously making that suggestion given EVERYTHING that this vile woman has done to try to bring down Meghan?! Really????

I definitely don’t agree with your assessment of Harry and Meghan nor the idea of them going into hiding. It’s just not that deep. Is it embarrassing? Yes. The BRF dealt with bigger and badder. They need to just keep doing what they normally do. Glad they have an engagement a few days later. Change the narrative though most don’t have negative feelings towards the couple. Most see the drama for what it is.

Agreed. Going into hiding would be the worst thing to do because it gives the impression that there is something to hide. Having a nutty family is embarrassing and regrettable, but while I have no doubt that Samantha and her ilk will periodically crawl out from under a rock to make comments, after the wedding things will begin to settle down. Right now there's a vacuum that allows some of the weirder elements of Meghan's family to be given a disproportionate amount of attention. Eventually, things will normalize.

We've seen this happen with other faux scandals in the BRF: eventually the hysteria and pearl-clutching subsides, and it's on to the next juicy tidbit.

True! Sam has been hostile since the very beginning of the relationship being announced while they where just dating. Meghan is smart enough to know that any conversation they have would be used in that so called book and also used against her in Sam's ongoing campaign against Meghan.

If she needs to talk with Sam she will do it via a lawyer or representative.

Agreed. Going into hiding would be the worst thing to do because it gives the impression that there is something to hide. Having a nutty family is embarrassing and regrettable, but while I have no doubt that Samantha and her ilk will periodically crawl out from under a rock to make comments, after the wedding things will begin to settle down. Right now there's a vacuum that allows some of the weirder elements of Meghan's family to be given a disproportionate amount of attention. Eventually, things will normalize.

We've seen this happen with other faux scandals in the BRF: eventually the hysteria and pearl-clutching subsides, and it's on to the next juicy tidbit.

People who think this is the worst should use that Google Machine and check out all the juicy scandal from the 80's and 90's! The royal family has never NOT been scandalous. Check out the Crown and Margaret's scandal ridden life. Its funny when people suggest a basic girl from California has so much power to ruin the Monarchy.

I'm honestly not a fan of either PH and MM (I personally think they represent a flightiness and lack of depth so typical of their generation), and beyond the glamour and joy that a royal wedding brings I see them as having a very steep learning curve to climb. But, again, this is my very personal opinion.

Flightiness and lack of depth? In no way do I think either of them deserve that description. Perhaps a little research on this matter might give you better perspective.

Not speaking to the public is MUTUALLY beneficial. They were whining about the press intrusion. Well, the ONLY way to deal with that is not to speak. Once they know you'll speak, they'll pester you until you do. That's just how they work. And you think Samantha would care she'll upset Meghan or her father after all that she's said as soon as they relationship came out?:lol: She wants money, plain and simple. How do I know? She's made various comments about how Meghan should take care of her first before any charity work. Or how Princess Diana wouldn't do this to her sister in a wheel chair and so on. It's quite vile to bring Harry's dead mother into this.

And honestly, at that point, I think KP had nothing more to loose if she kept talking. The press had turned on her and know she has no insight. It was more of advice for her own good.

Having Meghan talk to Samantha personally would only subject her to blackmail.

I have no doubt that jealous, envious and unscrupulous people from Meghan's paternal side of the family may continue to try to malign Meghan and besmirch her name. Maybe M&H will learn from this and find a fixer who will "handle" this.

Also - the idea that Meghan should have just give in to what her half sister wanted (to call her) when by all appearances Sam had nothing to do with Meghan growing up, who actually retweets RACIST tweets attacking Meghan - Meghan should do no such thing. That's what Sam WANTS. She wants to make a stink so bad that Meghan feels forced to talk to her. NO.

I shouldn't be surprised - but the lack of benefit of the doubt given to Meghan and Harry compared to the heaping benefit of the doubt given to Samantha (who has proven herself to be a lying, manipulative and hateful person determined to destroy her half sister's happiness through her own behavior) is disappointing.

Its actually better that any correspondence or communication right now with any of the Markle family is done through KP. KP is Harry's and soon to be Meghan's offices and to communicate this way, shows that this isn't personal, family business communication but more on an "official" level where copies are kept and filed away. KP is their middle man. KP speaks on behalf of Harry and Meghan in a non personal way.

It also prevents any kind of quote being attributed to Meghan or any one person.

Kind of like divorce lawyers during an acrimonious divorce. Best to go through those not driven by emotions.

Not just money, she also wanted the attention--she wanted to be famous too.

Pretty much. She's angry that Meghan, who in her eyes is so undeserving, is getting all this attention and status, and she isn't, when it's so obvious that it should all be about her.

Megan talk to Samantha directly!!!! For what????! So that Sam can run to the media and give them word for word account of their conversation that will earn her even MORE money thrashing Meghan?

Are people seriously making that suggestion given EVERYTHING that this vile woman has done to try to bring down Meghan?! Really????

Agree. There is no reason whatsoever why Meghan should dignify these rogue members of her family with a meeting or even a public comment.
They haven't deserved it.
And their actions speaks for themselves. They seem perfectly able to destroy any public sympathy they may have and any credibility they may have.
Apart from that, it won't help. They will still behave inappropriately even if they got money and an apartment in one of the palaces. You cannot appeal to that sort of people.

Meghan is soon to become a duchess, she must act the part.
If anyone are to take action it must be her husband or QEII, and that will be through layers.
Right now Megan is learning the hard way who are the keepers and who are to be dumped.
Her family's recent behavior has shown to the public why it is justifiable and indeed acceptable and necessary for her to cut off a number of people - including her father.
If she doesn't they will drag her down and that must not happen! That will damage the BRF and as a consequence Britain - and her first duties now are to Britain and the BRF - then herself and her husband.

They are trash, treat them as such.

Not just money, she also wanted the attention--she wanted to be famous too.

Exactly. There is a ton of envy in Samantha's actions. I think she originally just wanted to destroy Meghan's chance with PH - hence her initial posts attacking Meghan and trying to besmirch her name when the news first hit of Meghan/Harry dating came out. She befriended a lot of the tumblr haters of Meghan during that time and retweeted racist tweets attacking Meghan.

Then when it became obvious that Meghan/Harry were for the long haul and the engagement news dropped, Sam tried desperately to change her tune. Then she tried to "be on her best behavior" - I think she thought KP telling the family (including her) not to talk to the press meant that she'd get an invite. So she continued to try to clean up her image.

Then she got snubbed (truthfully she was never going to be invited anyway). The gloves came WAY back off and Sam basically went off the deep end. Whether she was involved in PapGate with Tom Sr is unclear - but her trying to front as though she did it is 1) her trying to get back in front of the press and 2) her sending a message to Meghan that SHE destroyed her happiness - even if only temporarily.

The only way to treat someone like that is to ignore them. Completely. Go on as though they don't exist - especially in royal circles. That's what Sam will hate. Being a non-entity to Meghan and the BRF.

Sometime after the wedding - Sam will just be a hateful, jealous footnote in all of this. Sure - she might get some play in the US for a while, but eventually once everyone realizes she doesn't know Meghan at all, that's a wrap for her.

She can't hurt Meghan anymore - all her cards are played. The only card she has left is Tom Sr - but he's got his own problems and will have to work hard to prove that he deserves to be in his daughter Meghan's life after this horrible mess he created. The pap pics could have blown over if he'd just let it go and gotten on the plane to go to the wedding without any further comment to the press.

But he didn't do that. He's too self absorbed. That's why all of this happened. He was mad he looked like a bum in the pics the paps took before all of this. According to Sam - he was warned by KP not to talk to the press. They all were. Pretty sure he was warned by KP and Meghan how invasive the press could get. But he's mad over some beer he bought and a toilet? He had to set up PapGate to rehab his image?

LOL - no! All he had to do was dress a little better and be more presentable. The other pics would have been forgotten.

He should have taken Meghan's stance and avoided reading what the press - who lies - wrote about him. He could have easily talked to Doria who could have told him how to act. He didn't.

Because he's self absorbed. He cared about how this made him look. And even now, he only wants to go to the wedding to be part of history - it feels like Meghan herself is an afterthought.

Throw the whole paternal side (except for the Hales) away.

Meghan is soon to become a duchess, she must act the part.
If anyone are to take action it must be her husband or QEII, and that will be through layers.
Right now Megan is learning the hard way who are the keepers and who are to be dumped.
Her family's recent behavior has shown to the public why it is justifiable and indeed acceptable and necessary for her to cut off a number of people - including her father.
If she doesn't they will drag her down and that must not happen! That will damage the BRF and as a consequence Britain - and her first duties now are to Britain and the BRF - then herself and her husband.

I know a lot of folks will think this statement is harsh - but I understand what you mean. Meghan is marrying into an institution and you are right - her first duty is to Britain and the BRF now. It sounds totally harsh - but it is.

I think that Doria fully understood what this meant and acted accordingly. She's been a beacon of class, restraint and poise throughout all of this. Even when the paps were smearing her as raising Meghan "Straight Outta Compton" and in the "ghetto" when that was so far from the truth, she never did anything like what Tom Sr did.

Never.

I get being sympathetic to Tom Sr (I was at first and thought he'd been duped). But he's compounded one bad decision with several others. Why? Because he seems to only be concerned with how HE looks in all of this - to hell with how Meghan looks or how his actions impact her.

If he can be taught - then teach him. Otherwise, keep a wide berth.

Yes - the paps can be invasive. But he could have solved all of this by just shutting up, showing up on the day of looking fabulous in his clothes and walking her down the aisle. He chose instead to stage pics, and then publicly air his grievances to TMZ rather than talk to his own daughter.

I don't know if he can be helped - but maybe he can be trained to understand why the best response is to simply ignore - or if he really felt badly - he could have asked for help from KP in engaging with a reputable press agent (like a major news network) to do a PR piece to rehab his image. But he never asked! He went to a tabloid instead.

If someone can get ahold of him and make him stop spiralling downward - maybe they can convince him of the right channels to go to for rehabbing his image.

I wish he'd have waited until after the wedding to "rehab" his image. All he had to do was keep his mouth shut, refuse to speak to the press and be a good father to Meghan.

As much as I like Harry and Meghan, I so want his wedding to be over. I am getting so sick of the shenanigans on a daily basis doled out by her family. Samantha Markle has been plotting since day 1 that this relationship was announced.

Some are saying that "if Meghan had invited her...blah, blah, blah." Who knew when the relationship was leaked that they would get married? Probably not Sam, and she went to press to chat about her sister, and continued to do so. I'm sorry, but there was no way on Earth that a woman like that was going to get invited.

And the suggestion that Meghan should personally contact her sister to smooth things out is a tremendously bad idea of maximum proportions. She would have probably recored it, spun it, and made it seem more that it was. As it stands, she has nothing current to discuss about her sister except what she reads like the rest us. Everything she knows about Meghan is a decade or so old, and I bet, even then, she wasn't privy to 1/2 the things the went on in Meghan's life.

Right now, KP, Meghan and Harry need to not be reactionary, which they have been.

The worse thing Harry and Meghan could do is to continue to react to Samantha. That just fuels the fire. Just let her burn herself out or get bludgeoned by Piers Morgan. That was epic!!

The worse thing Harry and Meghan could do is to continue to react to Samantha. That just fuels the fire. Just let her burn herself out or get bludgeoned by Piers Morgan. That was epic!!

What Pierce said to her was harsh, but it needed to be said. Every other press or interview she has given has been treating her with kid gloves. She deserved that and so much more. As much of a Catholic that I am, I am also a firm believer in KARMA! She's going to get hers one day and it will not be pretty.

What Pierce said to her was harsh, but it needed to be said. Every other press or interview she has given has been treating her with kid gloves. She deserved that and so much more. As much of a Catholic that I am, I am also a firm believer in KARMA! She's going to get hers one day and it will not be pretty.

Pierce Morgan might be among the few in the press who has her back. He has known her personally even before Harry came into the picture.

Pierce Morgan might be among the few in the press who has her back. He has known her personally even before Harry came into the picture.

Don’t celebrate Piers too much. He has done his fair share to fan the flames.

Inviting Sam to the wedding would have further legitimized her shenanigans. She was upset because she likely had several deals related to being at the wedding. She would have demanded full access and if she did not get what she wanted she would sell her story to the highest bidder. At least the media is finally waking up to the fact that she has no contact with Meghan.

Unfortunately she will use the father and sell out any details she gets from him to the tabloids.

I have to say that Harry bringing up Meghan not having any family was a genius move. Now when all this craziness is going on, people can see why he said it.

Piers is an opportunist, also he really doesn't know her, he used to be a fan of the show and followed all of the cast including Meghan.

I think the palace sent a Cease and Desist letter to Samantha?

Meghan Markle's Sister Samantha Says Meghan Has No Right to Muzzle Her | TMZ.com

Please pardon me if I say something that's already been said, I'm just catching up with everything this morning. I just want to say I really hope this is true, they definitely imo have grounds for harassment which would qualify for a cease and desist.

I hope someone can muzzle her, she's needed to be reined in for almost two years now! I've chatted with her online, she's definitely not all there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom