Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be real here folks, optics and PR matter. It is what it is with the royal family. I adore Harry and like Meghan, but the palace has royally messed up handling the fall out of this, and frankly have struggled to manage the narrative around this relationship for a while. That is a huge part of the royal project and KP has done their (IMO) stars in Harry and Meghan a great disservice. This will impact how folks view them, and I don't think it will be good.

I don't know if I will go that far but I do think it is embarrassing at the moment. That said there is a lot of goodwill toward them even now with the scandal. It doesn't take much to change a narrative. I feel Harry and Meghan just need to get past the wedding and start their lives as a married working royal couple and then they will be okay. As long as they do the work and do it well enough they will fine, ya know? And once the next milestone comes... Just how it goes.

Just a silly question here and I have lots of baloney to eat if I am wrong, has anyone found the hospital or can anyone prove this is even happening? We all know how these people lie through their teeth, so what gives with this man and his heart or what? For me personally, I want to see him in a hospital bed with his heart doc beside him, nothing else will do for this skeptical woman at all, as said before, proof is in the pudding........

This also could be a sham to get out or the wedding because he is scared of what I do not know...something is really really off with this man!

What Alliec76 said.

Tom Sr. has certainly made a mess of things, but he didn't have a heart attack at Meghan, or set out to ruin her wedding, create controversy, and spoil the fantasy for all of us fascinated observers.

I think TMZ is terrible, but the one mildly ethical thing they have done is not reveal where Tom Sr. is. Hopefully he can have his procedure, and recover quickly, and resume his preferred life of obscurity.
Well there is a clip on Youtube with the two presenters and all they had to say about the situation was that they had checked every hospital and outpatient facility locally and back in San Diego. No info at all, which is odd if they are following him.

I cannot see him having Angioplasty on Wednesday and flying to the UK before the weekend. It is a common procedure, most often 'Day Surgery' as I found when I had three stents put in. But the high level of blood thinners would make flying to the UK before the weekend not only Problematic but I don't think an airline would carry him.

As to his cardiac situation, Angiograms and Angioplasty are scheduled procedures and if he was in danger of another heart attack shortly after he admitted himself to Hospital with chest pains on the third of May, he would have had a procedure immediately.

I went for a scheduled diagnostic Angiogram which turned into Angioplasty plus stents because of the blockage they found and I cannot help but believe that had that happened to Mr Markle, the same thing would have happened to him.

Well there is a clip on Youtube with the two presenters and all they had to say about the situation was that they had checked every hospital and outpatient facility locally and back in San Diego. No info at all, which is odd if they are following him.

I cannot see him having Angioplasty on Wednesday and flying to the UK before the weekend. It is a common procedure, most often 'Day Surgery' as I found when I had three stents put in. But the high level of blood thinners would make flying to the UK before the weekend not only Problematic but I don't think an airline would carry him.

As to his cardiac situation, Angiograms and Angioplasty are scheduled procedures and if he was in danger of another heart attack shortly after he admitted himself to Hospital with chest pains on the third of May, he would have had a procedure immediately.

I went for a scheduled diagnostic Angiogram which turned into Angioplasty plus stents because of the blockage they found and I cannot help but believe that had that happened to Mr Markle, the same thing would have happened to him.

So to paraphrase Mark Twain: The rumors of his heart attack are (likely) strongly exaggerated?

Sykes said that TMZ has been more communicative with the press than KP. The TMZ reporter who is mainly connected to Tom Markle Sr is now on his way to London for the wedding. TMZ stated they didn't offer Sr any money to talk to them, nor did he ask. How did they get in touch with him in the first place? Well, they simply texted him!

If they texted him, how do they know for sure it was Tom Markle sr who texted back. Could be anyone.

Of course the press would LOVE if KP were as accommodative with giving information as TMZ. Openly printing every single detail for the work to see. Even information that should be absolutely private.

If they texted him, how do they know for sure it was Tom Markle sr who texted back. Could be anyone.

And how did they get his phone number to "simply" text him? And why Tom Markle texted back someone about these personal information if they did not know each other i nsome capacity from before?

Presumably TMZ are paying Markle Sr for his [numerous] 'scoops'?

The wedding day will wipe this bad press week off the face of the earth.

Samantha was mighty angry in that clip and all directed at Meghan. TMZ using the Markles and they so fame hungry they don’t see it. TMZ asked Samantha how she feels about Meghan wanting her to shut up and that of course set her off into a rant about how she is from the USA and can say whatever she wants and then says Meghan can’t ask anything of her cause “they don’t have a relationship.” She stay exposing her own lies.

Samantha was mighty angry in that clip and all directed at Meghan. TMZ using the Markles and they so fame hungry they don’t see it. TMZ asked Samantha how she feels about Meghan wanting her to shut up and that of course set her off into a rant about how she is from the USA and can say whatever she wants and then says Meghan can’t ask anything of her cause “they don’t have a relationship.” She stay exposing her own lies.

#StayMadSam

If she can't talk crap about her sister, what else does she have going for her in her life? This seems to be giving her mission.

But but but, I thought she raised Meghan? :lol: Liar, liar, pants on fire.

At this point, I would publicly disown the entire Markle side of the family if I were Meghan. They are just an embarassement.

At this point, I would publicly disown the entire Markle side of the family if I were Meghan. They are just an embarassement.

Any announcement about her half siblings are just unnecessary and will only make matters worse. Meghan’s approach to this has been very clear on where she stands.

Last edited:
There is absolutely nothing gentle, kind or peaceful about this woman. I seriously think she lives, eats and breathes for drama in her life and if she's miserable, her life's work is to ensure everyone shares her misery.

Now that it seems the press is onto her and Morgan has branded her "a little vulture", hopefully the focus now will be on the wedding and her father's health and she fades away into oblivion somewhere.

One can dream. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
In their video statement TMZ stated the reporter had been texting Mr. M and being helpful to him. To me, that sounds like the reporter was trying to create an in with Mr. M. It sounds a lot like how predators "groom" their victims. I'm not saying the reporter was that devious and perhaps he really does have Mr. M's best interests at heart. It just seems to me that Mr. M didn't just arbitrarily call up TMZ to report on his situation - rather he felt he was talking to someone who had been kind to him.

What Alliec76 said.

Tom Sr. has certainly made a mess of things, but he didn't have a heart attack at Meghan, or set out to ruin her wedding, create controversy, and spoil the fantasy for all of us fascinated observers.

I think TMZ is terrible, but the one mildly ethical thing they have done is not reveal where Tom Sr. is. Hopefully he can have his procedure, and recover quickly, and resume his preferred life of obscurity.

For a man who prefers obscurity, he has certainly become quite comfortable with having TMZ as his spokesperson despite the incredible embarrassment and PR nightmare this is causing his daughter and the Royal Family.

In their video statement TMZ stated the reporter had been texting Mr. M and being helpful to him. To me, that sounds like the reporter was trying to create an in with Mr. M. It sounds a lot like how predators "groom" their victims. I'm not saying the reporter was that devious and perhaps he really does have Mr. M's best interests at heart. It just seems to me that Mr. M didn't just arbitrarily call up TMZ to report on his situation - rather he felt he was talking to someone who had been kind to him.

This makes sense, and is fairly typical with a certain type of reporter. It blurs the lines in a what is really an exploitive relationship, so that the target (in this case Thomas Markle Sr.) begins to think of the relationship as a personal one. It wouldn't work with a press-savvy target, but Tom Sr. is a private person, was clearly under a lot of stress, and must have been an easy mark.

If it is a stunt or a lie, then Tom Sr has just made things worse to himself and his image. I don't think he is lying though. I expect KP now to release a statement confirming Tom won't attend due to surgery. It is actually the most convenient solution to end this media crisis.

Yes, in fact, it's a bit too convenient...

I haven't watched but in case someone was interested.

I'm sorry to say this, but that Meghan Markle came with a difficult family "baggage" (including her own divorce) was clear from the start. I'm not sure what could have been done to prevent this ridiculous, embarrassing circus since the days when the RF could veto spouses for its members are (more or less!) over, but I feel this is getting completely out of control. It will take a lot of effort to steady this ship. After the wedding, which will be unfortunately forever marred by this pantomime, they should really lay low, roll their sleeves up, stay away as much as possible from the press and focus on real, gritty work. I'm honestly not a fan of either PH and MM (I personally think they represent a flightiness and lack of depth so typical of their generation), and beyond the glamour and joy that a royal wedding brings I see them as having a very steep learning curve to climb. But, again, this is my very personal opinion.

It is remarkable how financial incentives can change long held preferences...

It's interesting how it's easy to forget that he has turned tens of thousands of dollar down and TMZ has made it clear they aren't paying him. Do I agree with what he did? No. But to act like this is about money isn't accurate.

I'm sorry to say this, but that Meghan Markle came with a difficult family "baggage" (including her own divorce) was clear from the start. I'm not sure what could have been done to prevent this ridiculous, embarrassing circus since the days when the RF could veto spouses for its members are (more or less!) over, but I feel this is getting completely out of control. It will take a lot of effort to steady this ship. After the wedding, which will be unfortunately forever marred by this pantomime, they should really lay low, roll their sleeves up, stay away as much as possible from the press and focus on real, gritty work. I'm honestly not a fan of either PH and MM (I personally think they represent a flightiness and lack of depth so typical of their generation), and beyond the glamour and joy that a royal wedding brings I see them as having a very steep learning curve to climb. But, again, this is my very personal opinion.
NO ONE comes with more family baggage than BRF.

Last edited by a moderator:
But to act like this is about money isn't accurate.

Enlighten me, then as to his motives and theirs ? Is he 'helping' them [make money] out of charity ?
It is WHOLLY unbelievable that Money 'hasn't changed hands' in this deeply tawdry and dishonourable episode..

Last edited:
NO ONE comes with more family baggage than BRF.

Yeah. We have pages and pages of discussion on here not to add other forums, social media etc, about how much Meghan has to change to fit in Harry's royal family. She's been judged for her clothes, hugging people, smiling, basically anything she does. There is the much talked unwritten royal protocol she has to follow. She has to curtsey some people. Well, all of it. Added the paparazzi, press intrusion etc. If THAT is not package, I don't know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom