Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the Cambridges have to do with this?

The Duke and his brother are as close as close could be.. both have NO time for the untrustworthy, that 'blab'. MANY times the Duchess has been referred to as 'the sister i've always wanted', by Harry. ALL three jealously guard their privacy and will take a dim view of 'motormouth Markle' [Sr].

:previous:
Dman:
Isn't he supposedly in a hospital somewhere *unknown*? No airline will let anyone fly with heart conditions just as soon as they leave a hospital.........is this perhaps a way to manipulate his daughter and the public or maybe it is Sam's way of getting another 15 minutes of fame and a fatter bank roll?

The problem is of course that the constellation H&M is still on probation.

So, will this be serious for H&M? IMO no, provided H&M do a good job, and why shouldn't they?
But Meghan's family will repeatedly pop up and chisel away at the what H&M have build up from time to time.
Right now they are milking the cow big time and the next time the family will make a spectacle of themselves will be when Meghan gets pregnant, and certainly when their child will be christened. I don't need a crystal ball to predict that one!

I think that Meghan started out being over scrutinized with the protocol police. I think now she will have even less wiggle room and the press will continue to highlight phantom protocols. She will need to be on her A game. No perfect but at least show that you know the rules and respect them.

I think Meghan and Harry need to start out working hard and by the book. I think they need to dedicate themselves to their charities and perhaps utilize the social media channels to create content that allows them to shine the light on their charities and themselves. I think the traditional media channels will be strained. Internationally is where they will shine.

They should also listen to the Palace at least to steady the ship and then maybe once they have created a solid foundation then they can be more free.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
Dman:
Isn't he supposedly in a hospital somewhere *unknown*? No airline will let anyone fly with heart conditions just as soon as they leave a hospital.........is this perhaps a way to manipulate his daughter and the public or maybe it is Sam's way of getting another 15 minutes of fame and a fatter bank roll?

No matter what the dad does or what the siblings do, the wedding will go on as scheduled with or without Mr. Markle being there.

I'm in agreement with you that there is no way Tom Sr. will be in any shape to fly anywhere or be allowed to if his condition is a bad as its been portrayed to be with "serious damage" to the heart. One thing he certainly doesn't need now either is being pestered and bothered by anyone at all. He's in a situation right now where Tom, Sr. has to look out and care for Tom, Sr. and I hope the hospital staff recognizes this.

I think that Meghan started out being over scrutinized with the protocol police. I think now she will have even less wiggle room and the press will continue to highlight phantom protocols. She will need to be on her A game. No perfect but at least show that you know the rules and respect them.

I think Meghan and Harry need to start out working hard and by the book. I think they need to dedicate themselves to their charities and perhaps utilize the social media channels to create content that allows them to shine the light on their charities and themselves. I think the traditional media channels will be strained. Internationally is where they will shine.

They should also listen to the Palace at least to steady the ship and then maybe once they have created a solid foundation then they can be more free.

Could not agree more.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duke and his brother are as close as close could be.. both have NO time for the untrustworthy, that 'blab'. MANY times the Duchess has been referred to as 'the sister i've always wanted', by Harry. ALL three jealously guard their privacy and will take a dim view of 'motormouth Markle' [Sr].

Close or not, if you are stepping into issues relating to your brother's in-laws. That's overstepping for any sibling. Let Harry and Meghan figure the issues in their lives.

So, will this be serious for H&M? IMO no, provided H&M do a good job, and why shouldn't they?
But Meghan's family will repeatedly pop up and chisel away at the what H&M have build up from time to time.
Right now they are milking the cow big time and the next time the family will make a spectacle of themselves will be when Meghan gets pregnant, and certainly when their child will be christened. I don't need a crystal ball to predict that one!

I agree with this. Overall, I feel once the wedding is over and things settle down all this will be whatever. The Markles overstepped. They were tolerable by most of the press until this mess this week and now they have been turned on. And we all know once the press turns on you then it is over. But I agree that for every milestone in her life these Messy Markles will pop up with their opinion.

I'm thinking none of them (besides Doria) are gonna be invited back.

LaRae

I agree with this. Overall, I feel once the wedding is over and things settle down all this will be whatever. The Markles overstepped. They were tolerable by most of the press until this mess this week and now they have been turned on. And we all know once the press turns on you then it is over. But I agree that for every milestone in her life these Messy Markles will pop up with their opinion.

We're seeing this now with "family" flying in for the royal wedding as "correspondents" and these people are Meghan's half brother's ex-wife and son from decades ago.

One thing all of this mess is going to do is give both Harry and Meghan a bit more credibility when it comes to doing work for Heads Together and talking about mental health and bullying. They've had enough of it to last a lifetime.

I hope all those family members who are all over the place promoting themselves will go fly an be with Thomas Markle Sr in his time of need. Leave Meghan alone.

I hope her father is well but I am glad this is done. And if people suggest she needs to fly out to be with him.... I will scream.

No one is going to separate Meghan from her parents. No matter what’s been done by her father. Unless folks don’t care about the state of this marriage between Meghan and Harry.

Everyone have to leave things for the family to settle out. Although I would suggest some members of the Markle family stop talking to the media. The media is there to exploit family divisions and help cause trouble. It’s just best.

Samantha Markle, please get somewhere and shut up!

I hope all those family members who are all over the place promoting themselves will go fly an be with Thomas Markle Sr in his time of need. Leave Meghan alone.

I hope her father is well but I am glad this is done. And if people suggest she needs to fly out to be with him.... I will scream.

Her half-siblings will most likely suggest that she should call off the wedding because of her father's health, but it is not going to happen.

I've deleted the off-topic discussion regarding the media coverage of Meghan/Harry's relationship with the media. If you wish to discuss the media, please take it to the 'Royal Family and the Media' thread.

What a shame

I am so sad for the Queen, Harry and Meghan.

This is all toe curling embarassments. Well, the family of Thomas Sr has shown their colors and now we all understand why they weren’t invited and Meghan has placed distance between herself and them.

So my head is still spinning from the events of the last two days. However, if Tom Markle can talk about the surgery without any doctor coming forward to say this is wrong and not how it's done, I'm leaning towards believing he did have a heart attack or at least a serious heart condition. Simply because I don't take him for a man that's smart enough to figure out what heart surgery entails. I certainly don't know. If that's the case, I wish him a full recovery.

With that being said, he needs to stop talking to the press. Unless I hear contrary reporting about his heart surgery, I can chalk the last two days up as him temporarily loosing his mind due to serious illness. Given that this isn't consistent behavior from in the year and half that we've known about this relationship.

All this not going/want to go, stay home. This “heart attack” is the sympathetic band-aid for the picture clean-up spin IMO. Stay tuned, again IMO, tomorrow we could be discussing Act Three for the ongoing “story” thrown out.

For myself, so often complaining about a messy bun, is so ridiculous ....this bride deserves only happiness on what should be the happiest day in her life.

Last edited:
Cinderella and the evil step-sisters comes to mind.

That woman has caused nothing but pure chaos since she started taking to twitter and attacking Meghan. Someone should really tell her (to her face) to get somewhere and shut up. She’s caused enough problems.

All this not going/want to go, stay home. This “heart attack” is the sympathetic band-aid for the picture clean-up spin IMO. Stay tuned, again IMO, tomorrow we could be discussing Act Three for the ongoing “story” thrown out.

Except, I don't believe he's smart enough to know all this if it's not true. How many of us know what heart surgery entail? I'm not in any way calling anyone stupid (as I belong in the not knowing group), but it's just complicated. And a serious illness does cause people to behave irrational and sometimes unreasonable ways. It just happens that this is in front of the public eye right before a very public wedding. And you have to admit, this is not how Tom Sr has been like since we've found out about the relationship 18 months ago. And from all we've heard about him, he seems to be a decent guy even if he does have his own problems.

I don't even know if I believe anything that Tom Snr says. Why give this information to TMZ and not to Meghan so that the palace could have made an announcement? If he is due to have major surgery, well I hope that for his sake, the procedure is successful and he recovers completely.

However, if this is another 'stunt' and he is holed up somewhere 'in hiding', well he deserves whatever he has coming to him. If he thinks that the media isn't going to try and find the hospital that he is in....he is very seriously mistaken!

This is a cluster.

I guess we will get official news tomorrow.

Close or not, if you are stepping into issues relating to your brother's in-laws. That's overstepping for any sibling. Let Harry and Meghan figure the issues in their lives.

Except that Meghan's brother-in-law isn't just anybody. (Not to mention her father-in-law.)
William could very well become king within the next ten years, certainly the heir to an elderly king, and then it does become a matter for William, whether he would like to interfere or not.

So should the family continue to make a spectacle of themselves (they'll certainly try!) the Monarch, be that QEII, Charles or William may very well decide to step in and simply bar certain family members from attending anything remotely royal, let alone be let in at the palaces or in a more extreme case simply direct H&M to sever the connection to certain family members. - That could also save Meghan in particular considerable embarrassment, because then it's the Monarch, not her, who is cutting them off.

I would not be the slightest bit surprised if a family member is suddenly standing suitcase in hand outside Kensington Palace - with the press being notified of course. If H&M turn that person away or even put them in a hotel, then we have the big soap opera about "cruel, heartless Meghan" turning away her family to let them fend for themselves on the streets, selling matches... Complete with a chorus singing: Bou hou, bou hou...

I don't even know if I believe anything that Tom Snr says. Why give this information to TMZ and not to Meghan so that the palace could have made an announcement? If he is due to have major surgery, well I hope that for his sake, the procedure is successful and he recovers completely.

However, if this is another 'stunt' and he is holed up somewhere 'in hiding', well he deserves whatever he has coming to him. If he thinks that the media isn't going to try and find the hospital that he is in....he is very seriously mistaken!

If it is a stunt or a lie, then Tom Sr has just made things worse to himself and his image. I don't think he is lying though. I expect KP now to release a statement confirming Tom won't attend due to surgery. It is actually the most convenient solution to end this media crisis.

That woman has caused nothing but pure chaos since she started taking to twitter and attacking Meghan. Someone should really tell her (to her face) to get somewhere and shut up. She’s caused enough problems.

I'm sure Samantha has been told but I think she is unlikely to listen. She seems very self absorbed and doesn't care about anyone but herself. I think she's unlikely to shut up either but I'm hoping that more people and the media will ignore her, not publish or report what she says as they see her true colours.

Yep , Sr is going for surgery on Wednesday. But wait, there's more...

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tmz.com/2018/05/15/thomas-markle-meghan-heart-surgery-wedding

Sam threw Sr under the bus by giving the details of his cut of the staged photos: $1500 USD and a small percentage of the photos sales. This is what 30 pieces of silver goes for now. Sam has now turned on their father, and I think it's because Sr told TMZ Sam is the reason for his hospitalization. He blamed the first heart episode on Jr's letter to Harry to call off the wedding.

Except that Meghan's brother-in-law isn't just anybody. (Not to mention her father-in-law.)
William could very well become king within the next ten years, certainly the heir to an elderly king, and then it does become a matter for William, whether he would like to interfere or not.

So should the family continue to make a spectacle of themselves (they'll certainly try!) the Monarch, be that QEII, Charles or William may very well decide to step in and simply bar certain family members from attending anything remotely royal, let alone be let in at the palaces or in a more extreme case simply direct H&M to sever the connection to certain family members. - That could also save Meghan in particular considerable embarrassment, because then it's the Monarch, not her, who is cutting them off.

I would not be the slightest bit surprised if a family member is suddenly standing suitcase in hand outside Kensington Palace - with the press being notified of course. If H&M turn that person away or even put them in a hotel, then we have the big soap opera about "cruel, heartless Meghan" turning away her family to let them fend for themselves on the streets, selling matches... Complete with a chorus singing: Bou hou, bou hou...

I don’t think Meghan has talked to Sam and Tom Jr. and some other family members in many years.

The Queen will not ban Meghan’s immediate family. Especially the ones she love and care about. That would be very detrimental to Meghan and Harry. Who in God’s green earth would want that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom