Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now.... wait for it.... Daddy can go to the wedding but Daddy needs assistance so that job falls to his eldest daughter who will be accompanying him throughout his stay in the UK.

(Osipi washes her mouth out with soap) :D

LOL, now that is a diabolically funny scenario, but let's not give the ring master and his circus clowns any ideas!

Yeah, I don't believe he was blackmailed.

He could've just easily avoided this drama after the staged paparazzi leak, and simply arrived to London, walked Meghan down the aisle and went home.

Instead he went on a road trip to deliver flowers to Doria, went back home, announced through TMZ that he won't be at the wedding, ignored Meghan's contacts, blabbed to TMZ about wanting to go to the wedding because it's a historic moment, said, that he was blackmailed to pose for the paparazzi. It's like a snowball effect, and he doesn't know when to stop lying.

Right now, I think the best solution to this whole tabloid fever thing would be for KP to make a statement that Mr. Markle, due to his health, will not be able to make it to the wedding but Harry and Meghan plan to spend some time with him in the near future at an undisclosed location.

Tom, Sr., if he is in as bad shape as has been alluded to, could use a quiet, reclusive time away to just relax and recuperate. It would be an ideal time for the newlyweds to privately go and spend time with him.

And... by undisclosed location, I mean even Tom, Sr. isn't advised as to where exactly he is going until he's picked up the ticket boarding the plane. ;)

Why wouldn't I take his words at face value? He contacted TMZ. He the one having his opinions splashed all over the media. He the one saying he hasn't talked to Meghan yet he can find time to talk to TMZ. Give me a break.

Also here is Samantha's full interview with GMB. Wow.

I'll admit that I haven't followed the Samantha Markle story - I've never seen her before, nor really read anything that she's written or supposedly said. I've just seen this interview.
What a hideous, money-grabbing creature? She has seen Meghan once in 10 years, yet her she is on TV spouting on about her, their father, and the wedding?
If she cared anything for Meghan, or even if she didn't but herself was a real lady, she would stay away from the cameras with her mouth shut. I'm appalled!

Her mother and her side of the family have been pretty discreet besides Doria's half brother (who sold some pictures to the DM) and Doria's stepmother (who gave an innocuous interview to the DM right when the dating story broke but has since remained silent).

That's a relief! Seriously!

Personally I would no qualms whatsoever about cutting off those family members, including dad(!), who have behaved in such a boorish manner.
And considering their antics, I doubt they would get much public sympathy if they whine about being cut off.
After all they have not only embarrassed Meghan, (that's bad enough!) but the entire BRF, and as an extension of that all those for whom the royals actually means something and that's after all the majority of certainly the Britons.

Last edited:
Her mother and her side of the family have been pretty discreet besides Doria's half brother (who sold some pictures to the DM) and Doria's stepmother (who gave an innocuous interview to the DM right when the dating story broke but has since remained silent).

Ashleigh and Christopher Hale were discreet.

Before we cry for Tom here's his interview with TMZ
TMZ

Not worried about how the queen's anger? I think they're all plotting to shake down the BRF to get a big pile of money to go away. This proves an NDA would not have worked. They would get a lawyer to break it and drag the family through the mud.

Where is Abby Sciuto when you need her? She'd make short work of all this and get to the bottom of things with her expertise in voice analysis and whatever other tricks she had up her sleeve. :D

It may be wise also to remember at this time that TMZ is a medium for entertainment gossip. All we have is their word for all of this and, like the Fail, not the most credible source in the world.

Last edited:
After this last week almost any family would have deep, deep, DEEP reservations about one of their children marrying into a family like the Markle's.

These people will try to continue to milk this for all it's worth, but honestly if the family ignore them the press will eventually realize that they have nothing to offer and drop all interest in them. Then they will truly have cooked all the golden geese and have nothing left.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll admit that I haven't followed the Samantha Markle story - I've never seen her before, nor really read anything that she's written or supposedly said. I've just seen this interview.
What a hideous, money-grabbing creature? She has seen Meghan once in 10 years, yet her she is on TV spouting on about her, their father, and the wedding?
If she cared anything for Meghan, or even if she didn't but herself was a real lady, she would stay away from the cameras with her mouth shut. I'm appalled!
It gets worse, the step family from Oregon who have not seen her for 20 years; arrived in London yesterday to be interviewed on the morning shows in the UK.

After this last week almost any family would have deep, deep, DEEP reservations about one of their children marrying into a family like the Markle's.

Fortunately, Meghan is marrying into the Mountbatten-Windsor family rather than Harry marrying into the Markle family.

Again, that old-fashioned patrilineal definition of family that many people on TRF (not you specifically) seem to find atrocious.

I watched the interview and to me, it was definitely putting this woman on the defensive and she was getting angrier and angrier by the minute. She was called out on things she had stated and tried unsuccessfully to blame the media for them. I'm not a fan of Piers Morgan by any means but he definitely hit some raw nerves in this interview.

This woman, if her fury could be harnessed and bottled, would definitely come to good use during hurricane season in Florida when the power goes out.

Please note that a few back and forth, bickering posts have been removed - as they were last night. If people wish to conduct a private conversation, they may do so my PM rather than disrupting the thread with it.

Just because Tom Sr *said it*.......are you going to *believe it*........No way would I believe a word out of that man's mouth. :flowers:

It'd be odd if she didn't try to contact him given the statement KP released yesterday.

Wow!! I was always a little wary of Meghan as she didn’t seem close to her family and for me thats often a warning sign of something.... however!! With this lot as family I am honestly honestly amazed she has anything at all to do with them!! I wouldn’t blame her at all for never speaking to them again ever!! No wonder Harry said about having her “family she’d never had” at Christmas! I judged him for saying thatbut my gosh I’m happy to say I was wrong now- poor Meghan!
As for why the Palace (KP or BP) haven’t done more- maybe they are worried involving themselves too much will look like the bad men “in grey suits” trying to control Meghan and her family. You can bet her father would be saying to TMZ- “the Palace said I couldn’t do XYZ”
Personally I hope he doesn’t turn up and Meghan’s mum or Charles walks her down the aisle and her dad can watch history on the tv!

What doesn't sound right is Tom, Sr. being in the hospital with heart trouble and doctors scheduling tests and monitoring his health. I seriously don't think the first thing on his mind would be to call TMZ with an update. How is it possible that he can talk to his daughter, work things out for the wedding and still feel the need to blab to the media.

What's wrong with this picture?

Exactly! This whole story is getting more and more bizarre.

I watched the interview and to me, it was definitely putting this woman on the defensive and she was getting angrier and angrier by the minute. She was called out on things she had stated and tried unsuccessfully to blame the media for them. I'm not a fan of Piers Morgan by any means but he definitely hit some raw nerves in this interview.

I agree. I'm not fan of the way the press (especially the tabloids) have given her a platform to attack Meghan from the beginning but Piers Morgan and TMZ are finally calling her out for her appalling behaviour.

The people that have said if she had gotten invite, she wouldn't have behaved this way are sadly naive- Samantha obviously is bitter about her sister and will do anything she cannot to hurt Meghan and get attention. Interviewing her has provided both of these things (the opportunity to hurt Meghan and get attention for herself) along with a lot of money.

Whether or not if you like Meghan or not or have reservations about her, it is very clear as to why she has no contact with very toxic Samantha and Thomas Jr. (If they are this cruel to her publicly, I'm sure they were probably more cruel in private.)

I think Samantha is so narcissistic that she craves attention of any kind, it doesn't matter if it is critical (along with her brother who is almost as bad). As well, they have both made a lot of money of trashing Meghan publicly. IMHO, the press needs to ignore them both.

I know that a lot of people objected to the old practice among RF's and aristocrats of quietly "vetting" not only the bride or bridegroom to be, but also the families of any potential new members of their dynasties in order to avoid exactly the kind of situation we are seeing with the Markles. This has gone out of style as being snobbish, anti-egalitarian, etc.

With the disastrous marriage of the PoW and Lady Diana Spencer all that went out the window and in came the fairly recent idea that love is all that matters in a Royal wedding. Anything and anyone goes now.

I disagreed before Markle Madness and I disagree now.

I cannot imagine why Meghan and Harry believed they would be able to conduct a dignified joyous wedding with these messy people lurking in the background.

I get the feeling that this is only the beginning.:ermm:
I think vetting the family isn't snobbish, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you look at a girl's background and see crazy [...] siblings, cousins, aunts, nephews, and fathers... Then I say that is worthy of concern.

I think vetting the family isn't snobbish, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you look at a girl's background and see crazy red neck siblings, cousins, aunts, nephews, and fathers... Then I say that is worthy of concern.

It is IMO a very sound thing to vet the family under any circumstances.
Otherwise you run a very real risk of something like this happening.

That's unfortunately one of the cruel conditions of being a primary royal, which Harry is for many years to come.
I should be very surprised if FBI haven't been quietly asked to have a look at Meghan's family already prior to the engagement being announced. Anything else would IMO be recklessly foolish.
Of course we can speculate about the content of such a report and whether the (almost certain implied) recommendation was ignored or whether the behavior of at least some of Meghan's family has been underestimated or whether their behavior was considered an acceptable price to pay.

But if this circus continues for much longer, let alone for years to come, it will inevitably backfire on H&M, regardless of their otherwise conduct.
There is a point where sympathy switch to irritation.
It's akin to parents with unruly children. We all know children act up from time to time and initially the parents get some sympathy, but after a while...

I think vetting the family isn't snobbish, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you look at a girl's background and see crazy red neck siblings, cousins, aunts, nephews, and fathers... Then I say that is worthy of concern.

Although none of us can know for certain, I think that they were probably told in advance. I'm sure they expected some problems although not the level of drama that has ensued.

The press has been critical of the families of the women that marry into the royal family in the past. Unfortunately many of the Markles are very toxic and they and the press itself both have contributed to this situation escalating.

I think vetting the family isn't snobbish, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you look at a girl's background and see crazy [...] siblings, cousins, aunts, nephews, and fathers... Then I say that is worthy of concern.

Vetting as in checking their stories, if they say one thing on one day and they do a 360 the next, then they are shabby sources unless all the want to do is pay them to embarrass Meghan.

As I always like to insist, vetting still goes on in all European monarchies since royal marriages have to be consented to. Certainly, the bride's family was an issue for example when Máxima married Willem-Alexander and could have caused consent to be withheld.

In Diana's case, however, I am pretty confident that the Royal Family was pretty satisfied with her family background. She came from a "broken home" so to speak, but belonged to an old and illustrious family of courtiers with many ties to the Royal House, so I suppose they assumed Diana would have little trouble adjusting to royal life, even though she was not born royal herself. Maybe they would have preferred Amanda Knatchbull, who was "family" as a descendant of Queen Victoria, but Lady Diana Spencer was a very acceptable bride.

On the other hand, way back in the era of absolute monarchy when inter-dynastic marriages were the norm, personal details about the bride's family were not that relevant to the vetting. It was all about international diplomacy and how the country could benefit from a particular match.

Last edited:
Although none of us can know for certain, I think that they were probably told in advance. I'm sure they expected some problems although not the level of drama that has ensued.

The press has been critical of the families of the women that marry into the royal family in the past. Unfortunately many of the Markles are very toxic and they and the press itself both have contributed to this situation escalating.

Absolutely!

Right now a lot of editors are happily thanking Beelzebub for Meghan's family!

It is IMO a very sound thing to vet the family under any circumstances.
Otherwise you run a very real risk of something like this happening.

That's unfortunately one of the cruel conditions of being a primary royal, which Harry is for many years to come.
I should be very surprised if FBI haven't been quietly asked to have a look at Meghan's family already prior to the engagement being announced. Anything else would IMO be recklessly foolish.
Of course we can speculate about the content of such a report and whether the (almost certain implied) recommendation was ignored or whether the behavior of at least some of Meghan's family has been underestimated or whether their behavior was considered an acceptable price to pay.

But if this circus continues for much longer, let alone for years to come, it will inevitably backfire on H&M, regardless of their otherwise conduct.
There is a point where sympathy switch to irritation.
It's akin to parents with unruly children. We all know children act up from time to time and initially the parents get some sympathy, but after a while...

However in the above example you can at least argue that the parents raised the unruly children and should have had better control of them or been stricter in their upbringing.

The actions of a parent or adult sibling are an entirely different manner. Meghan didn't raise her father or half-siblings into the people they became and, given that they are all older than her, has never had the authority to impact their behavior. Children should never be punished for being unable to control their parents or siblings because that isn't their job.

It's akin to saying a verbally/physically abused person doesn't deserve sympathy after awhile because they haven't managed to convince their abuser to stop. As someone who grew up with an emotionally manipulative father, the implication that at some point it's Meghan's fault that she hasn't "fixed" these toxic relationships is hard for me to accept. No matter how much you want to heal those relationships and play happy family, it's a two way street and if others refuse to change or consider themselves in the wrong (whether they're in denial, or enjoy this manipulative behavior) it simply won't be fixed.

What I do not understand here is why anyone believes anyone in this Markle family.

Tom Sr. has been quiet for months and in a few days all hell breaks lose and he tells a tabloid he does not want to go to the wedding because of heart problems and how he embarrassed his daughter....and then he says he is in a hospital all the while calling from a hospital bed the tabloids........give me a break here.

1) Proof is in the pudding as they say, so PROVE, give FACTS, show EVIDENCE of all these things you say........whatever he is, if he was IN a hospital you better believe someone in that hospital will get their camera out and send a picture somewhere to someone........so show me PROOF your in a hospital and who the doc is and some paper work. We here have to prove our comments when quoting someone about something........right here on this forum, so why aren't we asking for the same of him and TMZ......show us here PROOF of what you say before I believe you.....that right there would make some jump in reverse real quick as to what they say.

Sam...[is] a hard nose tough rough knock em dead con artist..........no doubt what soever about this woman regardless of her medical condition.......she uses that to con the media, the public and anyone that will listen to her, she NEEDS attention, she thrives on negative attention, she eats up all this negative backlash attention, this is her bread and butter, and she will go on this way forever as long as the media pays her way and some will for they do not like the BRF and what it stands for.

You will always find those people out there that are negative, mean, hateful and nasty......just part of the human race so the best way to deal with them is just ignore them completely or the other way which I can not mention here which would probably be the best way to get rid of them.....Sam is *never* going away, you will always have her lurking in the background all because of her hate and jealousy of Meghan, I have seen this happen and still happening to someone......Someone could give Sam more money then she knows what to do with it yet it would never satisfy her, her goal is to completely destroy Meghan all because of her jealousy of her for Meghan made something of her life, she took her life in her hands and made a successful life for herself without anyone's help in the family...Sam is needy and weak and insecure and while Meghan is strong, secure within herself, intelligent and relies on Meghan first in life.....there in is the jealousy of Sam.

Children should never be punished for being unable to control their parents or siblings because that isn't their job.

It's akin to saying a verbally/physically abused person doesn't deserve sympathy after awhile because they haven't managed to convince their abuser to stop. As someone who grew up with an emotionally manipulative father, the implication that at some point it's Meghan's fault that she hasn't "fixed" these toxic relationships is hard for me to accept. No matter how much you want to heal those relationships and play happy family, it's a two way street and if others refuse to change or consider themselves in the wrong (whether they're in denial, or enjoy this manipulative behavior) it simply won't be fixed.

Yes! I wish everyone understood this.

People who've never experienced these types of relationships often are naive and don't understand that some relationships are not fixable no matter how hard you try. The emotional cruelty goes far beyond the misbehaviour of unruly children. They don't realize how lucky they are.

I have a lot of sympathy for Meghan. Although I'm lucky to have wonderful parents, I've seen this first hand. I have a good friend with abusive, cruel and manipulative parents that I have known since we were children. Every time, she's tried to mend their relationship, they've taken it as an opportunity to hurt her more. You cannot change or reason with this type of person because it does not work and they see no need to change as they will never acknowledge how they treat others.

However in the above example you can at least argue that the parents raised the unruly children and should have had better control of them or been stricter in their upbringing.

The actions of a parent or adult sibling are an entirely different manner. Meghan didn't raise her father or half-siblings into the people they became and, given that they are all older than her, has never had the authority to impact their behavior. Children should never be punished for being unable to control their parents or siblings because that isn't their job.

That's indeed the mature, well considered and ideal consideration.
But as you know, that's not how the world works.

I cannot and will not presume to speak on behalf of the British and Americans, however I live in a monarchy too, so I can understand at least some of the public sentiments.

Meghan's family are not just embarrassing H&M, they are as a consequence embarrassing the BRF and I imagine embarrassing many, if not most Americans and Britons in particular.
And people don't like to be embarrassed! Certainly not repeatedly, let alone for years to come. If that happens then at some point there will be a reaction directed against H&M. Is it unfair? Oh yes! But it's a human reaction.
The problem is of course that the constellation H&M is still on probation. And this detracts.
Of course a lot of people will rally around H&M in sympathy, but will they continue to do so, if this goes on?
To put it brutally: Meghan in particular hasn't earned enough public credits to ensure that the majority will continue to form a cordon around them. They are not QEII, not even approaching W&K (yet) around whom people will rally.

Right now H&M are getting a lot of sympathy and good will up to their wedding, however once the honeymoon is over, they will have less credits in the bank than they had just a few months ago.

So, will this be serious for H&M? IMO no, provided H&M do a good job, and why shouldn't they?
But Meghan's family will repeatedly pop up and chisel away at the what H&M have build up from time to time.
Right now they are milking the cow big time and the next time the family will make a spectacle of themselves will be when Meghan gets pregnant, and certainly when their child will be christened. I don't need a crystal ball to predict that one!

Whether [or NOT] Markle Sr does show up to 'be part of History' [vomit], I think it inconceivable that his future son-in-law, or the Cambridge's will EVER admit him to their 'circle of trust'... WHY would they ?
Certainly they will be civil, but trust him..? Hardly !

Last edited:
Whether [or NOT] Markle Sr does show up to 'be part of History' [vomit], I think it inconceivable that his future son-in-law, or the Cambridge's will EVER admit him to their 'circle of trust'... WHY would they ?
Certainly they will be civil, but trust him..? Hardly

What does the Cambridges have to do with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom