Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see either of those things happening. But then again, I didn't see,this happening, so........

I just hate that this gives the people who already had their knives out for her, their pound of flesh. She was already in a no win situation.

According to some royal reporters, this will get some public sympathy for Meghan.

UNBELIEVABLE ! So the disgusting behaviour of this most dysfunctional [foreign] family is the fault of 'the palace' ? In some mystical, magical way they could have prevented ALL these reprobates 'filling their boots' at Ms Markles expense ?

The BRF are not Medieval Absolute Monarchs, and even if they were the actions of foreigners would be beyond their powers.
The SOLE responsibility for this ghastly mess lies with the Markles, and the $ signs clouding whatever passes for their judgement..

Agree wyevale, it’s all about money for Markles

I don't know what would be worse; if she caves and invites these lowlifes or the wedding is cancelled.

I don't see either happening nor should it. Meghan is sympathetic in this. She has gotten a beaten by some media and public for "alienating" her family. There were many discussions on her "icing out" the family despite the knowledge she hasn't talked to most in a decade. Yet they still judged her. Now in recent weeks their behavior has proven why. And suddenly some of those who judged her are feeling bad. GMAB. That said, the wedding will happen and those family members will still not be welcomed into her world.

I feel horrible for Meghan. It seems she is getting blindsided by her father. It would seem KP learning his status through TMZ. He has decided to make them his mouthpiece. It is wild but honestly soon she doesn't have to deal with these people ever again, if that is her choice.

According to some royal reporters, this will get some public sympathy for Meghan.

Rebecca English's article was certainly very sympathetic to her and Tom Sr., and they aren't usually the understanding type. I imagine most media will be rather restrained in mentioning this on the wedding day as well.

Perhaps in the US. But we shall see......I'm not holding my breath. No matter, Meghan is a strong woman with a strong and loving mother by her side. And she is marrying a man who adores her. It is awful she has to go through this but she does have a personal support system, it just don't happen to include her family.

most media will be rather restrained in mentioning this on the wedding day as well.

No matter- it will be the most MASSIVE 'Elephant in the Room'

For example, what does grooming and show him sites and treating him like a prince have anything to do with media scrutiny? Is KP mind readers now that they are supposed to know Tom was overwhelmed if he doesn't tell them? You can't just descend on someone's life and take over. I'm sure they'd be willing to offer help if he tells them the problem like they've done for Meghan's mother. Private security was hired for her when the engagement is announced. However, the media didn't even know where he lived at that time and some people do have issues with being followed places by someone.

It occurred to me weeks ago that he might need some coaching before the wedding, why didn't it occur to the professionals? If his intentions were good and he was just overwhelmed, I wouldn't think it would take much to persuade him to be their guest in the week leading up to the wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam's explanation for her part in this mess is comedy. The photos were meant to make Meghan, Harry and the BRF look good? The photos are meant to make them look bad. Meghan and the Royal Family are not providing him with funds to get ready for.the wedding. This is payback for not inviting Sam, Jr and the rest of the thirsty Markles to the wedding l think. Embarrass them daily and force them to invite them. The scheme was exposed; the jig was up. Sam went to the camera to admit her part before another outlet exposes her

This mess is not going away and it's going to hurt the Markles. CNN just ran the story a few minutes ago and Sam was named the Mastermind.

Thomas Sr admitted he hasn't talked to her at all. So she learned all this via TMZ. I mean really think about that. I can't imagine her headspace right now. Unbelievable.

I don’t see these people ever disappearing so KP better find out how to deal with them ...all of them

what good is sympathy when they still have their boot to their necks.

Tom not only had pressure from the tabloids but also pressure from both of his children who where trying to influence him but also use him for leverage.

I said before they needed to hire a crisis manager to at least get them through this because the press was doing everything to sabotage Meghan because of who she is.

If
Perhaps in the US. But we shall see......I'm not holding my breath. No matter, Meghan is a strong woman with a strong and loving mother by her side. And she is marrying a man who adores her. It is awful she has to go through this but she does have a personal support system, it just don't happen to include her family.

"For better or for worse" is really being put to the test here. Keep you heads up Meghan and Harry.

Last edited:
Agree wyevale, it’s all about money for Markles

I don't think it is just money, I think it is also the attention. There is sibling jealousy that Meghan is successful and famous beyond any expectation and they wanted their 15 minutes of fame.

Last edited:
Thomas Sr admitted he hasn't talked to her at all. So she learned all this via TMZ. I mean really think about that. I can't imagine her headspace right now. Unbelievable.

He said he had not talked to her after the TMZ news came out. Before then they thought he was still coming. he did'nt even have the courtesy to alert her.

This is an embarrassing situation for all those concerned. I feel terrible just by reading the articles. KP, Prince Harry, The Markle family all have responsibilities, but I believe that, ultimately, it is Ms Markle who (knowing her father) should have seen this coming.

Just by reading a little bit about him and knowing where he lives and why and seeing a bit of his lifestyle, we all realized that this was going to be an extremely difficult experience for Mr. Markle to go through, so YES, KP and MM should have seen this coming if I could. Come on. If it sounds snobbish so be it.

What a complete failure.

The fact, that he didn't have the decency to call Meghan and let her know, that he's not coming to the wedding is just a huge insult. She had to find from TMZ. Right after he had got caught making deals with paparazzi, because they wouldn't leave him alone, he deals with one of the worst paparazzi agencies ever.

I said before they needed to hire a crisis manager to at least get them through this because the press was doing everything to sabotage Meghan because of who she is.

Yes, they need a crisis manager, for sure. But I don't think the press is sabotaging MM for who she is, and by that, what do you mean exactly: bi-racial, Divorced? American? Actress? Catherine Middleton was not better treated at the beginning, let me tell you. Think how unfairly Carol Middleton was portrayed...

The fact, that he didn't have the decency to call Meghan and let her know, that he's not coming to the wedding is just a huge insult. She had to find from TMZ.

Honest question: how do we know this? I'm sorry I'm just catching up with all of this...?

The Markle tangled web for me is about money and wanting to hobnob with The Royal Family. IMO we’re just seeing the lengths they will go to achieve it. The excuses don’t justify any of their actions.

I don't think it is just money, I think it is also the attention. There is sibling jealousy that Meghan is successful and famous beyond any expectation and they wanted their 15 minutes of fame.

Yes and I just posted what I thought

I don't know what would be worse; if she caves and invites these lowlifes or the wedding is cancelled.

Oh for heaven's sake do not even think that......that would be a nightmare to end all nightmares ever. I just pray that Tom Sr even though right now I could whatever, is going to be okay if he really does go to hospital. No one messes around with heart attacks ever........that you do not play games with ever. Keep those siblings where they are and let the wedding go forth for the bride and groom want to share their day with those that they love and cherish. All others need not apply or try to come to the wedding.

Funny how Samantha has gone silent and the Dooley's are all in London. Thomas Sr calling up TMZ and his issues splashed all over the media and.... silence. This is a family that doesn't care about each other. They clearly use each other and this is why Meghan wants nothing to do with them. I pray Doria is arriving soon because she needs her mom.

This is an embarrassing situation for all those concerned. I feel terrible just by reading the articles. KP, Prince Harry, The Markle family all have responsibilities, but I believe that, ultimately, it is Ms Markle who (knowing her father) should have seen this coming.

Just by reading a little bit about him and knowing where he lives and why and seeing a bit of his lifestyle, we all realized that this was going to be an extremely difficult experience for Mr. Markle to go through, so YES, KP and MM should have seen this coming if I could. Come on. If it sounds snobbish so be it.

What a complete failure.

Why and how could they have seen this coming? The man hasn't said anything for over a year. He has been approached and offered plenty of opportunities to talk. Why would anyone think that now, right before the wedding this would happen?

Samantha and Tom Jr? Sure, she probably already knew what the deal was with that group, which is why they were already out of her life. But her father? There is nothing that anyone has said about him, or that we've seen that would have predicted this.

I will say it again, you can not control grown people. You can not help people who do not want to be helped. Outreach may have been done and rebuffed for all we know. What should Meghan have done? KP?

Why and how could they have seen this coming? The man hasn't said anything for over a year. He has been approached and offered plenty of opportunities to talk. Why would anyone think that now, right before the wedding this would happen?

Samantha and Tom Jr? Sure, she probably already knew what the deal was with that group, which is why they were already out of her life. But her father? There is nothing that anyone has said about him, or that we've seen that would have predicted this.

I will say it again, you can not control grown people. You can not help people who do not want to be helped. Outreach may have been done and rebuffed for all we know. What should Meghan have done? KP?

I'm curious about this too. Mist likely Tom Sr was sounding happy and confident to Meghan about the wedding, happy to attend. KP were telling the press to back off of him. What were they supposed to do? Go to Mexico uninvited, pack him in a box and ship him to London? You can't make adults do anything, you can't read their minds. Meghan had no way knowing any of this would happen.

I agree, if he had communicated that he needed help, Meghan and Harry would have found a way to provide it. But he may have either been unable to admit it or was in denial.

But, please, I could see that he needed help!! :sad: Come on, he lives pinching pennies beyond the border, does not work, is overweight and not in good health. He has not even met Prince Harry for goodness sake! For all we know he hasn't seen his daughter in person for years! Yet, she expects that he walks her down the aisle at St. George's chapel...And you think he's going to seamlessly go from buying beer at 7/11 to having tea with the Queen at Windsor Castle? Let's be realistic!

He was stalked by the paparazzi from the day the engagement was announced. EVERYONE expected it I'm sure. Yet, he had no guidance, no security, no place was provided for him where he could just live in peace for a few months. The whole thing is shameful.

I'm sorry to say that all of this does not augur well.

I wonder how Good Morning Britain is going to deal with the Dooleys as wedding correspondents and things develop? Grandpa Tom Sr and Auntie Sam are the center of a huge scandal.

None of this is Meghan or KP's fault. They needed a crisis manager and the people at KP are not crisis managers..... although they may handle challenging situation, they needed someone dedicated to handling Meghan's role out given all the opposing forces they have to deal with.

Meghan as the bride and newcomer is already overextended and knows nothing about how UK media operates.

They should of hit them all with NDA's and a lumpsum in the beginning.

I don’t see these people ever disappearing so KP better find out how to deal with them ...all of them

KP can best deal with them by simply ignoring them.

After awhile, even the hungriest tabloids won't be interested in publishing decades-old photos of Meghan's childhood.
With nothing left to sell, the Markles will disappear.

As for Meghan's father, I think Meghan and the RF are better off if he stays away.
He's a loose cannon.

Last edited:
But, please, I could see that he needed help!! :sad: Come on, he lives pinching pennies beyond the border, does not work, is overweight and not in good health. He has not even met Prince Harry for goodness sake! For all we know he hasn't seen his daughter in person for years! Yet, she expects that he walks her down the aisle at St. George's chapel...And you think he's going to seamlessly go from buying beer at 7/11 to having tea with the Queen at Windsor Castle? Let's be realistic!

He was stalked by the paparazzi from the day the engagement was announced. EVERYONE expected it I'm sure. Yet, he had no guidance, no security, no place was provided for him where he could just live in peace for a few months. The whole thing is shameful.

I'm sorry to say that all of this does not augur well.

Not true, his location was protected until his brother sold out his location to the press. Until then noone knew where he was even while they where dating. DORIA on the other hand was the ONE who was called names, had the paps outside her house, had daily racist headlines about her being a gangster from the VERY beginning while Tom Sr. Was protected. Tom Sr. also lives in a gated community unlike Doria.

What a complete failure.

I don't know that Meghan would have necessarily seen THIS coming but perhaps everyone should have realized this would be difficult for her father to navigate on his own. It doesn't seem he has anyone with whom he could share any of this.

Meghan hasn't lived with her dad or even in the same city for nearly 20 years or so--I think you don't really know what is going on with people unless you are around them daily--so I wouldn't say she knows her dad currently. She does know the kind of life he lived when she was a child.

To go from living a quiet, retired life, not having to get dressed up much to having to dress up for a very formal wedding televised around the world and have the prospect of talking to the Queen of England and 599 other people at the reception seems like it could be pretty overwhelming.

None of this is Meghan or KP's fault. They needed a crisis manager and the people at KP are not crisis managers..... although they may handle challenging situation, they needed someone dedicated to handling Meghan's role out given all the opposing forces they have to deal with.

Meghan as the bride and newcomer is already overextended and knows nothing about how UK media operates.

They should of hit them all with NDA's and a lumpsum in the beginning.

As the current occupant of the White House can attest, NDAs don't make the story disappear as they usually get found out by the press.

Imagine the headlines "Palace fixer shadily gives taxpayer money to Meghan's paternal family, what are they hiding?" with conspiracy theories abound about the "skeletons" the palace paid to keep in the proverbial closet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom