Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess so...what can they really say. Meagan was always a sweet girl. She's a beautiful bride. We are so excited. Hey, if you are in WA/OR (I can't remember where they live) don't forget to try our weed!

The nephews haven't spoken to her in 10 years and the ex sister in law in 20! It's shameful how this family has exploited this connection.

Though I will admit seeing them tote their bags from Heathrow reminded me how far the arrival gate is SO FAR from everything else! That was a trek!

10 and 20 years? Yeah, they definitely don't know her, or her life. I see why the nephews and ex SIL are clamoring for the camera (they want to promote their weed business), but it's odd that GMB thinks they'll get anything out of having them on. Like you said, its not like they have anything substantial to contribute. The show would be better off hiring a few legit correspondents to discuss the wedding.

And I agree that it's shameful how all of these folks are exploiting Meghan.

I don't for one second buy that Sam is responsible for the pap photos. It seems she's just trying to insert herself into the story. Thomas Markle told TMZ that the pap agency contacted him and offered him money and he decided to do it because he figured there was no harm in it. Plus he thought it would help his image. That contradicts Sam's story in which she claims she came up with the idea and that the photos weren't staged for money.

But even if the story was true and Sam came up with the idea, Thomas Markle is a grown man. No one can make him do anything...he is the one responsible for his actions. He knew that KP went to bat for him, yet he took money for the photos anyway. He put himself, his daughter and KP in an uncomfortable situation.

Doria quitting he job and going into private practice is no big deal IMO.

That's like a lawyer who works for the public defenders/district attorney's office deciding to leave to start their own office. More flexibilty, less regulation (from bosses not the state) and possibly more money.

I am not sure how this could be a negative.

She’s going into solo practice. What’s the big deal. She can control who she interacts with and who has access to her. Smart move.

Agreed. This will also give her more freedom over her time. She schedule clients, etc as she sees fit and can carve out time for traveling to the UK to visit. When you work for someone else you have to adhere to their vacation/time off policies. And goodness knows we need more social workers to work with our seniors. So this seems like a good idea all around.

Sr bailed because he didn't want to face Meghan, Harry, the BRF and mainly the queen.

The Dooleys are in town to be wedding correspondents for Good Morning Britain. ITV spared no expense

I think GMB is setting these clowns up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. This will also give her more freedom over her time. She schedule clients, etc as she sees fit and can carve out time for traveling to the UK to visit. When you work for someone else you have to adhere to their vacation/time off policies. And goodness knows we need more social workers to work with our seniors. So this seems like a good idea all around.
It totally slipped my mind that she could visit the UK a bit more. Depending on how long she was with her current job, what's the max leave you get? 4 to 6 weeks right...and you would need to be there at least 10 or more years.

She can contract out to nursing homes and maybe some government agencies, after going thru a bidding process I would assume. Does anyone know how that works?

Re: Thomas (her Dad)

I'm being empathetic. Whatever a muddle he created, his pulling out seems to show he felt in over his head, uncomfortable and a liability.

I think this shows he cares. Saying "I won't further be an embarrassment" takes guts. And however we here on the forums would have played his role, I'll just say we are more informed then he was on all these matters. He's aging, not wealthy, definitely out of touch and a bit of an introvert, by all accounts.

As for Mom reportedly opening her own practice:
  1. Good for her becoming a small business person
  2. America is built on small businesses
  3. She can always go back to public employment
  4. Depending on her employer, they may not have given her much of a choice. A lot of American businesses are more about productivity than giving time off to the mother of the Bride or fielding calls from nosey reporters

She’s going into solo practice. What’s the big deal. She can control who she interacts with and who has access to her. Smart move.

And people will go to her because she’s Meghan’s mother. She hasn’t done this before but now she is known she does !!

Setting up ones own business is a brave move [and laudable] , but I agree the timing looks a bit questionable, and WILL draw criticism, altho' not on the scale her ex-husbands behaviour has, and is..

Setting up ones own business is a brave move [and laudable] , but I agree the timing looks a bit questionable, and WILL draw criticism, altho' not on the scale her ex-husbands behaviour has, and is..

Cha Ching.....$$$

You are correct...the timing is questionable but why wait.

There are always going to people who question her motives.

She could have done it when they started dating and people would have said she was capitalizing on her daughter''s relationship with Harry.

She could have done it before the engagement and people would have said she was capitalizing on her daughter''s relationship with Harry.

She is doing it before the the wedding and people will say she was capitalizing on her daughter''s relationship with Harry.

She could have done it after the wedding people would have said she was capitalizing on her daughter''s relationship with Harry.

See the pattern? So why wait?

Maybe this has nothing to do with her daughter? Maybe the timing for her PERSONALLY worked out?

My goodness, people really really want to see the worse in Doria. Its so transparent.

It's reported that Meghan still wants him there. I think that no matter he needs to be somewhere totally secluded from the media. They are truly viscous. They are paying them to embarrass Meghan and the media is gas lighting her. This is causing pain for Harry also, he grew up seeing his mother treated in the same manner and was not able to protect her. He knows how awful the media is and the fact that he can't protect Meghan must trying upset him.

I don't think neither of them thought the press would go on this shark like feeding frenzy.

For all the money they have spent to dig up dirt, all the money spent on pictures they have barely NO SCANDAL to show for it.

Her father is not some feeble guy who doesn't understand media stuff. Look at his job he did for years.

LaRae

Tom Sr was a lighting director. I doubt he had any media attention paid to him and if he had no ambitions to be something like a director he may have paid little attention to publicity. He may have just gone to work and done his job.
And as Jacqui pointed out several times, the media has changed a lot even in the time he's been retired, & social media didn't really exist when he worked in "show business."

He has made some really poor choices in handling this, and has hurt his youngest child in the process. Maybe he needed more help through all this than he was willing to ask for or Meghan realized. It is sad all the way around.

Maybe this has nothing to do with her daughter? Maybe the timing for her PERSONALLY worked out?

My goodness, people really really want to see the worse in Doria. Its so transparent.

Zaria, I don’t want to see or look for the worst in Doria but it shouts $$$. She’s entitled to open her own business but the optics couldn’t come at a worse time in this mess

One would think that Tom Sr. still has connections in the business and could also get work.

I would say it's very plausible that the timing is because this would allow her to better control her own schedule. Once Meghan and Harry have children, I'd imagine she'd want to spend more time in London given how close they are.

Well, that's a perfectly valid stance (and I would do the same), but you have to know the consequences then: Honor vs peace in the family.

Well, I don't think there will ever be peace in this family, but a payout upon signing an NDA or something similar with penalties such as having to give the money back if they spill the beans might have worked. Major corporations use them all the time, they can be fairly watertight.

Maybe that was the all-night lawyer sessions Harry spoke about in the letter to the media. Maybe they wanted too much money and couldn't come to an agreement. Sorry for the speculation, just thinking out loud.

It works for major corporations because the people they deal with aren't typically broke. They have something loose. Good luck recovering anything if they've spent everything and have nothing to loose.

Last edited:
One would think that Tom Sr. still has connections in the business and could also get work.

He is 73 years old. Most people retire at 65 here. IF he is in poor health, I can't see him working.

I get the sense he wasn't comfortable attending the wedding in the first place. (If he didn't want to go, he should have told her weeks ago so KP could have released it rather than letting it blow up

I have been thinking this as well. I can well imagine someone unused to being in the public eye being overwhelmed about dealing with all of this alone. In a perfect world, he would have told Meghan "I just can't do this." But that probably would have hurt her too.

It totally slipped my mind that she could visit the UK a bit more. Depending on how long she was with her current job, what's the max leave you get? 4 to 6 weeks right...and you would need to be there at least 10 or more years.

She can contract out to nursing homes and maybe some government agencies, after going thru a bidding process I would assume. Does anyone know how that works?

With some of the small practices, benefits aren't typically great. Vacations are short, and a lot of them don't offer great insurance benefits, which is a big issue for US employees right now. If that's the case, having her own practice wouldn't be loosing out that much while giving her more freedom with her time.

I have been thinking this as well. I can well imagine someone unused to being in the public eye being overwhelmed about dealing with all of this alone. In a perfect world, he would have told Meghan "I just can't do this." But that probably would have hurt her too.

That's the thing, I don't think he has to deal with it alone if he just asked for help. Harry and Meghan has taken precaution with Doria. I'm sure they'd be willing to do the same for her father if he communicated well. This BS is only being played out in the media like this because he choose to communicate this to TMZ before his own daughter. Another stupid decision.

Hopefully they can get him to the ceremony and if they can I would invite his brother to accompany him. Perhaps and could move closer to the brother.

All I know is that until his location was sold, Tom Sr. was quiet. I hope that he gets money from those awful pictures and uses it to move, perhaps a retirement community. Wherever he goes I hope the press is unable to find him.

Zaria, I don’t want to see or look for the worst in Doria but it shouts $$$. She’s entitled to open her own business but the optics couldn’t come at a worse time in this mess

As Zonk pointed out upthread--there is no better or worse time for Doria-no time would be good. She has to do what is right for her, when it is right for her.

I actually believe that Sam was behind this as she stated on Loose Women this morning. So much emotion right now. I can't imagine how Meghan is feeling right now.

Why does Thomas continue to talk to TMZ? This is not making the situation any better. I notice that he says Meghan hasn't contacted him, so is this his way of trying to get her to call him?

Hopefully they can get him to the ceremony and if they can I would invite his brother to accompany him. Perhaps and could move closer to the brother.

All I know is that until his location was sold, Tom Sr. was quiet. I hope that he gets money from those awful pictures and uses it to move, perhaps a retirement community. Wherever he goes I hope the press is unable to find him.

He did get money for them. That was part of the arrangement he made with the paps.

Last edited:
That's the thing, I don't think he has to deal with it alone if he just asked for help. Harry and Meghan has taken precaution with Doria. I'm sure they'd be willing to do the same for her father if he communicated well. This BS is only being played out in the media like this because he choose to communicate this to TMZ before his own daughter. Another stupid decision.

I agree, if he had communicated that he needed help, Meghan and Harry would have found a way to provide it. But he may have either been unable to admit it or was in denial. He is of the tough it out generation of men.

And yes, communicating with TMZ was really, really dumb.

All the Markle's are officially......

Pathetic... I'm embarrassed to be American. I need the names and images of Doria's family because they are the only ones who have sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom