Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a joke, even a blind person could see that the photos at the tailor or on the computer were staged.

I don't blame the Senior, if the paps follow your every step why not make money out of it? The daughter sits protected in a palace with a holier-than-you attitude and won't compensate him for the intrusion.
Meghan's family are real people in real life with real life problems, no statement can change that. Harry chose Meghan and he gets the full package, just accept it and move on, and that includes that somebody who takes money from the paps walks the bride down the isle.

It's the BRF after all, get the popcorn ready!

What a joke, even a blind person could see that the photos at the tailor or on the computer were staged.

I don't blame the Senior, if the paps follow your every step why not make money out of it? The daughter sits protected in a palace with a holier-than-you attitude and won't compensate him for the intrusion.
Meghan's family are real people in real life with real life problems, no statement can change that. Harry chose Meghan and he gets the full package, just accept it and move on, and that includes that somebody who takes money from the paps walks the bride down the isle.

It's the BRF after all, get the popcorn ready!

How in the world did you get Meghan has a holier-than-thou attitude in all this? Of all the embarrassing shenanigan that the Markles have pulled so far, she's been the voiceless victim as she can't speak out against them. She didn't do anything, and yet it reflects badly on her in some quarters. I mean this is only the latest episode. While I'm still leaning towards her dad didn't mean any harm to her, but that's not the case for the other Markles that has spoken out. She's been bullied publicly by her half-siblings and other distant relatives that she hasn't seen in years to get a wedding invitation as if she owe it to them.

I don't get how this became Meghan's fault? How does she have a holier-than-you attitude. And how does anyone know if, when and how has Meghan helped her father out monetarily.

It has been stated, that Doria had security around her at times. I'm sure Sr was offered the same. I'm also 100% sure, that Meghan is doing everything in her power to protect anyone connected to her from any intrusion. Which imho is the reason the bridal party info hasn't been released yet.

IMHO there is only one party at fault for the paparazzi intrusion, and it's the tabloids and the photographers stalking people for them. Not Meghan, not Harry, not Doria or Sr. Trying to shift any blame on Meghan for this is unfair, and imho uncalled for.

Its not too late, I guess, according to Tom Jr. After penning a letter that made headlines urging Harry to call off the wedding, he's now done an about face with yet another "public" handwritten letter telling Meghan its not too late to invite him and the entire family to the wedding.

Anyone that buys this story should be advised that I also have a used, broken air conditioner unit that I'll sell for a good price. :rolleyes:

Meghan Markle's estranged half-brother urges 'Suits' star for last-minute invite to royal wedding: 'It's not too late' | Fox News

So to Harry he's wrote a handwritten letter saying it's not too late to cancel the wedding, and to Meghan he penned a handwritten letter telling her it's not too late to invite him to the wedding. He has to thank his lucky stars, that Harry didn't listen to the advice in his first letter, or the world would be deprived of the literary genius of his second letter.

When Meghan said, that she loves handwritten letters, I don't think she had this in mind.

What Markle Snr has done is incredibly dumb but I can imagine he was getting hassled a lot. The obvious posed pics were taken so that they can leave him alone but that was never going to happen since there are actual pap pics.

For him to turn around and make the complaint to IPSOS with KP's backing whilst he agreed to cooperate with the paps was awful as it means he lied to his daughter and Harry. This looks bad on him but he has no one to blame but himself.

Meghan would have told her father not to speak to the press. I think she and KP thought the paps would go away but not the case.

However, there is no excusing the Markle clan for their vile behaviour, and now we can add the father to the list.

It is regrettable that Ms Markle's Mother seems to be the SOLE decent person amongst this sorry bunch of 'money-grubbing' Family..
And 'pointing fingers' at others to distract from this, and that sort of 'what-aboutery', won't wash, embarrassing one's own daughter for MONEY is really DISREPUTABLE..

I suspect it might be a trifle awkward for Mr Markle at Windsor Castle, a situation ENTIRELY of his own making..

Last edited:
As far as I know (and I admit I haven’t read the entire DM article) the article doesn’t say Meghans father made 100.000 from those photo’s. The article only says they may have been sold for as much as 100.000. It’s entirely possible he got nothing out of it and only did it to get those photographers off his back. It is the DM we are talking about here... They are known for bending the truth “a little”. So far he hasn’t really done anything wrong so let’s give him the benefit of the doubt.

Prince Harry descended from...

Exactly. It would be along the same lines as Meghan demanding that there is a very iron clad prenup signed and sealed before marriage just because Harry is descended from Henry VIII and we all know he went through marriages like people change their underwear. ;)

Prince Harry is descended from Henry VII from both his parents. Henry VII descendants through daughter Princess Margaret Tudor- gave Mary Queen of Scots ,whose son James I succeeded Elizabeth I. Present day royals are descended from King James I of England. Henry VIII children that lived to adulthood died childless. His line ended. Henry VIII
father's and sister's line still continues through Elizabeth II.

Nothing new on Sr since the news broke. I still wonder if he is going to London. If he goes, how could he explain his actions to Meghan and Harry?

It is regrettable that Ms Markle's Mother seems to be the SOLE decent person amongst this sorry bunch of 'money-grubbing' Family..
And 'pointing fingers' at others to distract from this, and that sort of 'what-aboutery', won't wash, embarrassing one's own daughter for MONEY is really DISREPUTABLE..

I suspect it might be a trifle awkward for Mr Markle at Windsor Castle, a situation ENTIRELY of his own making..

Quoted for truth :flowers:

Some of the excuses grow ever more bizarre by the day...

Last edited:

That's a huge maybe.
If the Oprah story turns out to be true (hopefully it isn't) then Doria is just as bad as the Markles, she just held out for a bigger platform.
But as I said, it may not be true; time will tell.

As for saying the staged photos really aren't such a big deal, they do work against Meghan.
Because her father has been presented as living in a garbage-strewn Mexican slum (yes, look at the pictures), lonely and broke, while his daughter lives it up in a palace.
So it is a betrayal, and it will inevitably hurt their relationship.

Or..... I can see them all sitting cozily in the drawing room with their Gin and Dubonnets (and beers for those that prefer beer) and regaling Mr. Markle with stories how they were all duped and taken to task by the tabloids in a rousing game of "Once Upon A Time".

I don't expect Mr. Markle to be greeted with anything less that warmth and friendliness. If there are any kind of discouraging words, they will be sung after too many Gin and Dubonnets (and beers for those that prefer beer) in a rousing chorus of the American classic song "Home On The Range". :cheers:

That's a huge maybe.
If the Oprah story turns out to be true (hopefully it isn't) then Doria is just as bad as the Markles, she just held out for a bigger platform.

As for saying the staged photos really aren't such a big deal, they do work against Meghan.
Because her father has been presented as living in a garbage-strewn Mexican slum (yes, look at the pictures), lonely and broke, while his daughter lives it up in a palace.

It’s incredibly frustrating that people continue to peddle the Oprah story when it’s been DENIED by Oprah’s rep. Until we even see some proof of Doria being at Oprah’s house, it’s incredibly insulting for people to keep saying it despite evidence to the contrary as if the woman is going to talk when her actions have always said otherwise and to assume Oprah in this day and age will compromise her own credibility by flatout lying just so they can use a fake story to fit a certain narrative.

Last edited:
Some want the Oprah thing to be true so bad just to insult Doria. Very odd.

How in the world did you get Meghan has a holier-than-thou attitude in all this? Of all the embarrassing shenanigan that the Markles have pulled so far, she's been the voiceless victim as she can't speak out against them. She didn't do anything, and yet it reflects badly on her in some quarters. I mean this is only the latest episode. While I'm still leaning towards her dad didn't mean any harm to her, but that's not the case for the other Markles that has spoken out. She's been bullied publicly by her half-siblings and other distant relatives that she hasn't seen in years to get a wedding invitation as if she owe it to them.

I don't know if Meghan is holier-than-thou personally, but this attitude has been projected on her like on any other Princess to be, her past has been whitewashed of anything embarrassing where possible, while she is now living in her new own world with the social elite, money to no end, curtsying, smiling, being perfect.
But her family are not. Whether they are tacky or bullies or not, they are real people and are now being held to a fake moral standard that most people would fail anyway, including Meghan herself.

If the Senior has taken money it may be tacky but I don't blame him for that, he didn't ask for any intrusion.

But irony is that the real life will catch up with the Perfect Princess Meghan again at the altar, when her father leads her up, not for the last time.

That's a huge maybe.

Errrrr, the Oprah story has already been denied by her people. Certain sections of the tabloid media have done their best to try to undermine Meghan’s mum in the most disgusting manner with smears, innuendo and outright lies - par for the course with what they’ve been doing since news of the H&M romance emerged I suppose. But I sincerely hope the ongoing campaign stops...

One thing that Tom's little tabloid stunt entailed was exploiting his ex wife. He buys a couple of large pots of plants and leaves then at her door with a bright red envelope. She is then filmed coming home and finding them. Now that's emotionally manipulating Doria AND providing fodder for the camera. I doubt she knew she was being filmed. I wish she' kicked them instead of standing looking confused. ?

It could be awkward if Tom Sr had told stories about Meghan, if he had involved himself in the ongoing drama created by his other two children, if he had told wedding details, or a bunch of things that he did not do. He posed for some photos of him and him only, that all basically were of a dad preparing for his daughter's wedding. We don't know why he agreed to them but I fail to see how this is so devastating and a huge betrayal of Meghan. Her dad is a private citizen and didn't ask to suddenly be known all over the world with people coming out of the woodwork to bother him.

What if...He was making a funny fake scrapbook as his wedding gift to Meghan and the photographer or his assistant couldn't resist the opportunity to sell the photos? I have been horrified ever since I saw the photos were staged but as I have slept on it, I'm wondering if it might not have been the crass money-grabbing scheme it sounds like. I sure hope so.

And how anyone can hold Meghan responsible for the vile actions, or living standards of distant or half relatives she’s had nothing to do with in years, is just so ‘off’ and suspect IMHO. You’ve no idea what impact racism or other elements of cruelty factor into why she keeps her distance from toxic hateful people who try to destroy her time & again. And yes, there have been clues as well as outright admissions of racism by certain Markles. I mean these are half siblings that are estranged from the OWN children. One half sib is estranged from her own mother who has nothing pleasant to say about her. The other estranged from his dad. They both have nothing pleasant to say about one and debase their own children using public platforms to do so. Complete dysfunction right there. Yet people want to preach about Meghan? I am not going to get into a prolonged debate about Markle Sr or his questionable behaviours but it was recently reported that Meghan helped out financially. Now whether some people just always want more or more than enough is anyone’s guess, but I am baffled and struggle to understand those getting on their soapbox to wag the finger at Meghan re distant or half relatives/sibs when you haven’t WALKED in her shoes. I know I certainly wouldn’t go out of my way to reward toxic people with and their vile behaviours.

One thing that Tom's little tabloid stunt entailed was exploiting his ex wife. He buys a couple of large pots of plants and leaves then at her door with a bright red envelope. She is then filmed coming home and finding them. Now that's emotionally manipulating Doria AND providing fodder for the camera. I doubt she knew she was being filmed. I wish she' kicked them instead of standing looking confused. ��

Shock, delayed reaction maybe...

Meghan hasn’t even married Harry yet but the Markle shenanigans is unfolding like a nightmare on a loop. So sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is a cash grab, there is something Sr. may not have considered: the IRS may be looking at him now. Sr may live in Mexico but he still has to pay US taxes. Money earned from the tabloids may be classified as income that has to be reported on a tax return, just like lottery and gambling winnings. If Sr left that off and he comes out of the wrong end of an IRS audit he could be a world of hurt. He would have two options: pay up or prison. The same can apply for the half sibs who have been crying poverty all this time while selling stories and getting paid for interviews. You always pay Uncle Sam.

Last edited:
I get the distinct feeling that all of us, no matter who we are, are not taking the advice given a lot of times and that is to take *anything* in the tabloids with a grain of salt. These tabloids are masters of painting pictures they want people to see and instead of a grain of salt on the tomato, its a shovel full of salt on a leftover morsel of a tomato seed.

Without a doubt the Markle halfsies have embarrassed themselves, shown their true colors, continue to demand attention and invites to the wedding. There is just too much everywhere to deny those facts. On the other hand, we only know anything about Tom Sr. from the perspectives of the tabloids. He's not talking. I'm going to take the high road and give Tom Sr. the benefit of the doubt as I really don't see conclusive evidence that he's done anything that would hurt his daughter intentionally.

People, let's all take a chill pill. we don't have confirmation that Mr. Markle accepted any money. As has been pointed out in this thread, it's said that "he could have up to ..." per that not-to-reliable DM. The Doria-Oprah story has been denied.

Finally ... let's not forget that Sophie when she joined the royal family was caught in a sting operation talking about the Queen Mother, etc ... talk about someone who should have known better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry went to bat for Meghan’s father. Leave him alone, he’s just a regular bloke.

So although he may not have intended to ‘hurt’ Meghan, by cozying up to paparazzi (the lowest form of humanity to the royals), he’s at least made Harry look silly.

Meghan’s dad has worked in Hollywood, he’s been around actors before. He knows the game.

It was a big mistake. Let’s hope he’s learned from this.

Nothing new on Sr since the news broke. I still wonder if he is going to London. If he goes, how could he explain his actions to Meghan and Harry?

I can't think of any way in which his failure to attend would make this better. However ill-advised, these pictures aren't going to overshadow the wedding. His withdrawal would.

People, let's all take a chill pill. we don't have confirmation that Mr. Markle accepted any money. As has been pointed out in this thread, it's said that "he could have up to ..." per that not-to-reliable DM. The Doria-Oprah story has been denied.

Finally ... let's not forget that Sophie when she joined the royal family was caught in a sting operation talking about the Queen Mother, etc ... talk about someone who should have known better.

Agreed. It was very poor judgement but nothing the family hasn't seen before. Sophie's was indeed a doozy. Hopefully he learned his lesson.

Not sure why some think this will change his status at the wedding. It won't nor should it. Nothing will change in that regard. All that does is create a bigger story.

Last edited:
MORE 'what-about-ery'..

Errors by one individual, in NO WAY excuse the behaviour of others.. is that SO very hard for those scrabbling for excuses to grasp ?

The only proof we have so far is of photo’s being made and Markle sr cooperating. That’s it... there is nothing else. No one ever believes these tabloits and now all of a sudden they are trustworthy?? Come on.

The situation with Meghan’s dad always seemed a little off to me right from the beginning. This paparazzi thing only adds to it.

I still find it unusual that Harry will be meeting Mr Markle for the first time a few days before the wedding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom