Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to call a spade a spade.... Everyone knows that I love Meghan and support her relationship with Prince Harry....but this was very poor judgement and a bad decision on Tom Snr's part! There is no way to excuse this!

A very serious discussion needs to happen with Meghan, Harry, Tom Snr and Doria with respect to the press. I would hate that Meghan would have to put her father into the 'circle of distrust'.

Tom Sr drove all the way to Doria's house to leave flowers and a card. She looked confused and a bit annoyed in the pictures. I don't think he means any harm but I agree that once all together a serious talk will definitely be had.

Where are those photos?

Wouldn't that just call more attention to this? I mean - right now, this is just in the DM and a couple of other places. Most news outlets on the day of the wedding probably won't even speak of it. They'll consider it trash news.

But if suddenly Tom Sr is NOT walking Meghan down the aisle, it will force them to talk about why. That is what will call attention to what happened.

Trust me - it's better for everyone involved for them to just keep calm and carry on.

I agree with this. I think the Queen Mother’s motto about never complain and never explain needs to be exercised here. Those hope to see her fail will pounce on this if plans change now. She didn’t nothing wrong. Hold your head up high and carry on would be my advice. So what if she has to swallow a little bit of pride here? There are plenty of times in everyone’s life that they would have to do this. Especially for those in the public eye. The ability to do that will serve her well over time.

Thanks for the photos, Osipi. I hadn't seen that article.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to call a spade a spade.... Everyone knows that I love Meghan and support her relationship with Prince Harry....but this was very poor judgement and a bad decision on Tom Snr's part! There is no way to excuse this!

A very serious discussion needs to happen with Meghan, Harry, Tom Snr and Doria with respect to the press. I would hate that Meghan would have to put her father into the 'circle of distrust'.

Whoa whoa whoa! Let's leave Doria out of this. She's behaved with nothing less than class and restraint this whole time. Naaah it's the Markle side of the family that needs to be talked to.

Doria has been just fine. She doesn't deserve to be lumped in with Sr or his kids from his first marriage.

I actually read the article and to me, it seems like the author had no clue about the relationship between Tom and Doria at all. It states that it was a nasty divorce which it wasn't. Meghan has confirmed that they remained as a family even after the divorce. Tom and Doria both spent Thanksgiving 2016 with Meghan. If you buy that this is a strained relationship between two divorced people, then I have a used and broken microwave I'll sell ya. :D

Whoa whoa whoa! Let's leave Doria out of this. She's behaved with nothing less than class and restraint this whole time. Naaah it's the Markle side of the family that needs to be talked to.

Doria has been just fine. She doesn't deserve to be lumped in with Sr or his kids from his first marriage.

Anyways, I think the poster meant that as a family, they need to sit down and hash this out to get on the same page, not that Doria did anything other than behave in a respectful manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see any pictures of Doria? She was briefly in the video in a clip from a long time back when the paparazzi tried to get close to her when she was driving - but there wasn't anything about her reacting to Tom Sr dropping off flowers?

I don't think she was there when he did that, btw.

I don't think she was there either. It seems like maybe it was meant to be an odd Mother's Day flowers thing from Tom Sr to the mother of his daughter but didn't really work especially since Doria was already in London.

. . . . . I feel for Meghan. Although this is nothing like what her siblings have done to her, it is a betrayal and it has to hurt a little knowing that she went to bat for him and asked the media to respect his privacy, only to find out he was staging photos.
I too feel for Meghan and Harry. I believe that finding this out so close to the wedding would be devastating for Meghan. I don't think anything her siblings said or did would surprise or even hurt her after all these years.

But her parents are special and she has said how very special her Dad is to her. To find out he has made money off her would be quite devastating. The media has let Tom Jnr and Samantha savage her in the media but she believed she had the total support of her Mom and Dad and to find out your Dad sold you out would be heartbreaking. Harry, I think, will be livid.

I know her dad hasn't spoken but going to California to leave his ex-wife two large potted plants, well that is just odd.

Not that the humiliation is over, according to news clips, three of her relatives are set to work with the media during the media.

When I first saw those photos of Tom Sr. I thought they looked staged (who sits like that, at an angle, at a computer?) so color me completely unsurprised.

Poor judgment on Tom Sr.'s part? Absolutely. On the other hand, compared to some of the other scandals in the royal family, this seems like pretty small potatoes. It doesn't reflect on Meghan in any way, and it changes nothing. Really. Compared to Fergie's toe-sucking scandal, or her pay-for-access-to-Andrew scandal, or Sophie Wessex's set-up, or Mike Tindall's indiscretion shortly after his marriage, I just can't get too worked up.

And who's to say that he didn't already let his daughter know what he had done? Meghan and Harry may have known about this since March. Or not, but there's no way for any of us to know that.

So overall, meh. It doesn't make Tom Sr. look good, but it's all on him, and it will blow over soon enough, unless there are some truly shocking revelations yet to come. If this is the worst that the tabloid press can come up with, then Meghan, Harry and the BRF are in good shape.

We don't actually know that Tom Sr. made any money from the photos.We know the photographer made money.

And I don't think Meghan would feel sold out or devastated. He didn't sell photos of her or Harry or tell family stories or secrets. He posed for photos of himself. We don't know why or what he was told.

Last edited:
I won’t name names, but there have been a number of royals, and their inlaws, who have done well-reported and truly shocking things which didn’t seem to shake things up as much as this has.

This elderly American citizen has merely posed for a few tasteful photos. The Royals will not only survive this, they will forget it a lot faster than some on these forums will.

Whether Sr got a cut from the sale of the pictures or not, he made a decision that smacks of betrayal. In a few days time Meghan's parents are supposed to meet the senior royals before the wedding. Sr will have to face the Queen, fully aware that the BRF knows what he has done. The question is, will he show up or will he come up with an excuse for not being there?

My bad! Wrong intent there. I don't blame Doria, but they will all be in the UK next week and I think there will be some discussions to be had.

I don't think she was there either. It seems like maybe it was meant to be an odd Mother's Day flowers thing from Tom Sr to the mother of his daughter but didn't really work especially since Doria was already in London.

She wasn't there when he dropped them off but she arrived hours later. The photographers waited for her. The Sun posted it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/62681...to-ex-wife-before-daughter-weds-prince-harry/

I don't think they dislike each other but I also can believe they are civil for their daughter and that Doria might dislike how he and his kids have acted. Meghan and Doria are extremely close. We all know that. I'll imagine also very protective and the Markles have been a nightmare.

Remember the defence about Meghan’s siblings. People said she has nothing to do with them so she shouldn’t be held accountable.

Meghan’s dad is walking her down the aisle and yet he’s playing games with the paparazzi.

The BRF is like a secret society. Trust is everything and although Meghan has no control over her dad, his courting of the paparazzi does raise questions over his discretion.

Can you tell me about Sophie Wessex's set-up?

Anyways, I think the poster meant that as a family, they need to sit down and hash this out to get on the same page, not that Doria did anything other than behave in a respectful manner.
Thank you! You said it better than I did!:flowers:

Whether Sr got a cut from the sale of the pictures or not, he made a decision that smacks of betrayal. In a few days time Meghan's parents are supposed to meet the senior royals before the wedding. Sr will have to face the Queen, fully aware that the BRF knows what he has done. The question is, will he show up or will he come up with an excuse for not being there?

Were there nude photos I am unaware of or something equally horrifying?

Because I saw nothing in those photos that were a betrayal. We saw a story -- a papa reading about the country his daughter is now living in, a papa getting measured for a wedding suit, a papa reading an article about his daughter and future son-in-law on the internet, a papa exercising before the big wedding.
Oh the horror--be still my heart....

She wasn't there when he dropped them off but she arrived hours later. The photographers waited for her. The Sun posted it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/62681...to-ex-wife-before-daughter-weds-prince-harry/

I don't think they dislike each other but I also can believe they are civil for their daughter and that Doria might dislike how he and his kids have acted. Meghan and Doria are extremely close. We all know that. I'll imagine also very protective and the Markles have been a nightmare.
I could well imagine thst Doria Ragland gave him a good -'cussing' out for what he did! Not to mention about the actions of his 2 eldest children too!

I don't get this. Is it a reality that the Queen and the BRF are people that are somehow "above" the minions that make up everyone else? Are Thomas Markle, Sr. and Doria Ragland people that should be expected to live up to certain standards in order to be in the same room with Harry's family? Is it a reality that in order to be in the "presence", one needs to pass moral, ethical and have an extensive background check to assure that they "fit" into the esteemed company that makes up the BRF?

To me, this is an example of elitism that Meghan's family must comply with or be consigned to the under the stairs group. I see it as two families meeting to celebrate the union of two people in love. One family of the couple just happens to be more in the public eye than the other. I see them meeting ahead of the wedding on equal grounds with respect and courtesy to each other.

Remember the defence about Meghan’s siblings. People said she has nothing to do with them so she shouldn’t be held accountable.

Meghan’s dad is walking her down the aisle and yet he’s playing games with the paparazzi.

The BRF is like a secret society. Trust is everything and although Meghan has no control over her dad, his courting of the paparazzi does raise questions over his discretion.

Pretty sure Fergie will be at her daughter's wedding this year - and she's mentioned in the Panama Papers. No one questions Beatrice or Eugenie for associating with their mother.

It's kinda astonishing that you're implying Meghan should be held accountable for her dad?

Last edited:
Zaria, agree height of poor judgment.....

We can speculate and wonder all we want but my goodness, I wonder what’s next as I shake my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom