Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KP doesn’t make official announcements until things are nailed down. And no one prepares to fly out of a country unless they have a ticket. She did say her father wasn’t invited before. Perhaps Tom Sr is still lying to them, if he’s talking to them at all, to get them off his back.

And really, anyone believes Samantha would hand over any money until she gets herself as her dad’s plus one? Please.

Agreed. And I am having a hard time believing that Sam is giving him money, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dark hair looks horrible on her. I didn't watch the interview. The opening frame was bad enough.

IF these are new photos there is another interesting component. Rebecca English of the Fail has been in a debate with a GMA correspondent for some days. Rebecca was adamant that Doria was at home and not in London. The other correspondent was firm that Doria was already in London at KP.

It could be that Thomas Snr, while possibly using the Fail, was also used himself, to prove a point about the DM's veracity.

The media should stop following Mr. Markle all over the place. They’ve pretty much treated him like some mystical creature since they found out that he lives in retirement in Mexico.

Meghan regularly volunteered at a local food shelter in Toronto, according to the director of the shelter.

While living in Toronto Meghan volunteered at St Felix Centre’s soup kitchen.

Yeah saw this on GMA. She has been doing this for years. I think a lot of these places are coming forward now to show support for Meghan, and I personally hope that they get an uptick in support for their various organisations.

I think it's sad that Mr Markle felt he had to do that. However, it's nothing to do with Meghan. It's not as if his daughter has encouraged him to stage photos for cash, and at least he's never trashed her or spoken about her in public, even. To me it just shows the truth of what Harry said at Xmas about his relatives being the family she (Meghan) never had, at least as far as the Markles are concerned.

Regarding her step brother and sister, lol if I would have them as my half siblings I would not invited them either, now her stepbrother is begging for invite? How low is that? certainly he wouldn't be in my book.

So according to the paper they discovered that the pictures of him working out, at the Internet cafe, with the book, and getting measured were all taken the same day and staged. This all happened last month. KP had no idea and issued a letter after the 1st set published seeking privacy for her parents. Now Tom Sr has representation seeking privacy and KP refuses to speak. My guess is those flowers to Doria were peace offerings.

Last edited:
Yup. The Times and DM have the proof. People were feeling sorry for him but in fact he’s been encouraging this behaviour all along from the paparazzi.

Yes, it sounds distasteful ... however, perhaps he did it just to give them what they wanted and to avoid being stalked. JMHO

Yes, it sounds distasteful ... however, perhaps he did it just to give them what they wanted and to avoid being stalked. JMHO

Even if he did do it because he was tired of being stalked...it was an extremely dumb move. This could blowback hard on his daughter because we all know folks think Meghan is all knowing and controlling and will find some way to blame her for this.

This is the height of poor judgement.

It’s all about the money. Pics any pics of Meghan’s immediate family are going to fetch dollars.

Meghan’s dad made a huge mistake going down this road. Harry issued a statement pleading for privacy and here we go.

Never mind the fact this probably won’t go over well with the higher ups, Charles and especially William.

This ought to be an interesting week of family meetings....

LaRae

As far as Tom Sr., It his personal decision whether to accept payments for photos or not. I get the feeling he was at the point where if he couldn't beat 'em, join 'em. There were no photos that were anything shocking and its not a reflection on either Tom or Meghan's character so to me, its no big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Higher-ups? William has his own embarrassing inlaws. And neither he nor Charles will blame Meghan because neither her father's stupid behaviour nor her half siblings' nastiness is her responsibility or fault.

Even if he did do it because he was tired of being stalked...it was an extremely dumb move. This could blowback hard on his daughter because we all know folks think Meghan is all knowing and controlling and will find some way to blame her for this.

This is the height of poor judgement.

Yes I agree. This is so disheartening. I don't get what possessed him to do this. He had to know how badly this would play out, right? Just trifling. A week to go before the wedding. How embarrassing and hurtful for Meghan to have to even think about this mess. I hope she's avoiding the papers and she doesn't hear about this until well after the wedding. No point in upsetting her or Harry.

Okay, let's try this again. A ton of off-comments have been deleted. Let's please remember some of the forum rules.

• Whenever possible, your opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources. We will delete posts that contain the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation.

• You are allowed to criticise royals and those associated with royals, but please note that name-calling and defamatory statements are against the forum rules (so it's not acceptable to call Meghan's family - trash, vile, mentally ill, etc ).

• The in-fighting between members is getting old and it disrupts the thread and makes it less enjoyable for other members. Please learn how to disagree without taking petty swipes at one another.

Last edited:
No one blaming Meghan. In fact they made it extremely clear in the article no one knew it was staged until recently, I assume. After the picture of him looking at the book went viral was when likely when KP issued that privacy letter so many of the photographers are talking about online right now. It then became obvious they were staged and here we are. The RF are very aware of the Markles. I do feel bad for Meghan dealing with their crap but they just proving why she has kept her distance.

One have to remember that Meghan’s family live in America and none of them are used to this kind of media attention. The Markles don’t have the luxury of being guided by Palace officials on how to deal with everything, like the Middleton’s have.

I don’t agree with some members of the family freely talking about personal and old family issues, but they are green in judgement when it comes to the game.

It’s a whole different shebang for a family living way across the pond with no formal help.

I’m sure Mr. Markle and Ms. Ragland talk to their daughter and Harry, but that probably about it.

Last edited:
Unlike many of the participants and guests at the wedding, Mr. Markle does not come from generations of wealth and luxury. He worked for what he has, and now he finds himself in a somewhat precarious financial position in his old age. Paparazzi have been filming him (buying a toilet! drinking a beer! walking down the street!), and making money from selling pictures of him to the tabs. What harm can there be for an old man to make a few hundred dollars in an honest manner?

So according to the paper they discovered that the pictures of him working out, at the Internet cafe, with the book, and getting measured were all taken the same day and staged. This all happened last month. KP had no idea and issued a letter after the 1st set published seeking privacy for her parents. Now Tom Sr has representation seeking privacy and KP refuses to speak. My guess is those flowers to Doria were peace offerings.

That’s awful. Doria is the only one that hasn’t cashed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom