Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had this motley crew of relatives been invited to the wedding it may have kept them quiet and placated. Then after the big day everyone can go their separate ways again.

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer kind of thing.

That's extremely naive. First, they've BEEN talking. Had they been invited, the press and all those that criticized Meghan for their behavior will feel completely justified to put all of their past behavior on her and feels as though it give credibility to the negative things they've said about Meghan. Second, a leopard doesn't change spots. They will just keep talking, and this time, they would actually be empowered and be seen as credible because they've been on the inside. There is a reason why royals close rank and cut out those that sold them out.

Samantha was trashing Meghan on her twitter the week Meghan and Harry's relationship became public. She's the one who brought up the pushy princess, social climber tags re Meghan. Her tune only changed, when she realised, that the relationship was serious, and she had stuff to gain from praising Meghan. If these people were invited to the wedding, it would be the same re every milestone, they'd want this and that and if they didn't get their way, they'd become nasty. Tom Jr published his own emails with his lawyer, where he tried to demand money from Meghan, or he'd embarrass her. That had nothing to do with a wedding invitation.

And I have to add, why on earth should Meghan have to invite her 'enemies' to her wedding? Why should she placate these adults toddlers in the hopes they would behave? She's allowed to make her own wedding a happy day for herself and Harry, not feed two overgrown egoes, and have these haters in her wedding who aren't even part of her life, haven't been for decades.

I'm moving this quote over here so I my response can be in the correct thread.

Someone brought up a good point in the Wedding thread:

Quote:

Oh yes you’re quite right, I mean just because we’ve seen the plethora of photos the Markles have sold of daddy & meg in childhood, including the graduation one, that isn’t to say non exist of her with him as an adult ...She must’ve had some on her instagram surely like the ones with mummy

Which led me to wonder:

When was the last time that we know of that Meghan and her father were together? We have tons of photos of Meghan as an adult with her mom and zippo of her and daddy. I get the feeling that when this family fractured long ago it turned into Doria and Meghan against the world, and that included her dad.

Last edited:
I'm moving this quote over here so I my response can be in the correct thread.

Someone brought up a good point in the Wedding thread:

Quote:

Oh yes you’re quite right, I mean just because we’ve seen the plethora of photos the Markles have sold of daddy & meg in childhood, including the graduation one, that isn’t to say non exist of her with him as an adult ...She must’ve had some on her instagram surely like the ones with mummy

Which led me to wonder:

When was the last time that we know of that Meghan and her father were together? We have tons of photos of Meghan as an adult with her mom and zippo of her and daddy. I get the feeling that when this family fractured long ago it turned into Doria and Meghan against the world, and that included her dad.

Don't quote me on this and perhaps someone else can provide more information but I believe that Meghan spent Thanksgiving 2016 in LA with both Doria and her father. Mom and Dad are still on good terms with each other. I'm going by memory here so it may not be exactly accurate. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanksgiving 2016. How do we know? Meghan posted it on IG thanking the two people that brought her into the world.

This is getting disturbing. It's one thing to discuss family friction and fractures. It's another to disregard everything we've heard from Meghan first hand about how important her dad is to her upbringing and how much she loves him just so people can speculate she's against her dad with her mom. That's quite disgusting. If the mods continue to allow this type of wild speculation to go on here, it'd be quite sad.

Last edited:
There's nothing to base this family feud theory on, we can't just start to assume Meghan is feuding with her dad because there aren't publicly shared pictures of them out there.

It is a pity Missy that your media are not showing many photos of Meghan with her Dad. Our media show plenty of photos of them together. Horseriding and as a little girl. They also show bits of a home movie where Tom jnr is holding a toddler Meghan by the finger tips. Helping her to stand. I guess its just a matter of what your media have decided to show.

Lots of speculation through kaleidoscope glasses going on here. I don't recall anywhere credible that ever alluded to discord between Meghan and her mother or her father. In fact, what I have heard is that they're all still quite close despite a divorce.

It is a pity Missy that your media are not showing many photos of Meghan with her Dad. Our media show plenty of photos of them together. Horseriding and as a little girl. They also show bits of a home movie where Tom jnr is holding a toddler Meghan by the finger tips. Helping her to stand. I guess its just a matter of what your media have decided to show.

I was talking about as an adult. I do remember Thanksgiving now that it's mentioned. But you have to admit there aren't a lot of photos out there of her dad and her when she was an adult.

Oh fine, I'm done. Delete away if you want mods. I should know better than try to ask a provocative question.

Last edited:
They're personal family photographs is why. Duh. They *shouldn't* be shared with the masses. ;)

I was talking about as an adult. I do remember Thanksgiving now that it's mentioned. But you have to admit there aren't a lot of photos out there of her dad and her when she was an adult.
Because the people selling it weren't mostly haven't seen Meghan as an adult. I'm not sure if we've seen a LOT of pictures of Meghan and her mom. Meghan posted very few herself. Some were sold from the parties at Jamaica, and the rest are from paparazzi shots in Toronto. No one is denying that Meghan probably doesn't see her father in person as much as her, given that her dad wasn't there as he is retired and spends his time mostly in Mexico. However, that's far from estranged or her and her mom against her dad. Especially given we know from the engagement interview that they do speak on the phone and Harry thought Meghan's dad is important enough in her life for him to ask for his blessings before proposing.

But it's troubling that some tend to trust those that betrayed Meghan more than Meghan's own words regarding her dad.

Last edited:
I haven't memorised everything i have seen and heard about H&M but i don't get the impression there is anything wrong with Meghans relationship with her Dad. Tom jnr said in his interview with channel 7 here that his dad will have to step up now - to walk her down the isle.
Well he better have his bags packed by the end of this week as I imagine Tom snr will need at least a week in London to attend Wedding Rehearsals with his daughter.

Last edited:
Had this motley crew of relatives been invited to the wedding it may have kept them quiet and placated. Then after the big day everyone can go their separate ways again.

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer kind of thing.
There is no way you can believe that actually would happen. Clearly their behavior proves that they will never stop using Meghan for a quick buck. All an invite would do is give them ammunition to talk about every detail of the wedding.

Harry and William had it right. They have their own "circle of trust" and as way to gain admittance to that circle, they would feed misinformation to "friends" to test and see just where that information went. If it was leaked, they knew who leaked it and no trust for that person. Its a survival mechanism in place to assure that they could and would have a private life of their own.

Most definitely Meghan's estranged (again with the emphasis on the strange) have proven time and time again that they don't belong in Meghan's circle of trust.

Let’s pretend those people have disappeared and lets enjoy the last big royal wedding for a long time. ( yes I know there is the York wedding but it’s not a big one). Being able to see the the Queen and Prince Phillip etc I’m not going to let anyone spoil this. Not long now

Other outlets are starting to pick up People's report that Tom Sr is going to the wedding. This report gave me a giggle:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...er-reportedly-wants-it-called-off-8978694/amp

KP gave its no comment position for anything Markle. Jr can't be reached for comment now. A major US glossy just upended his Harry call off the wedding story and he's hiding out so he won't be in a position to explain his letter, especially the Dad's not invited part. In Touch Weekly has egg on its face for not checking out dad's perspective before running the story.

Last edited:
But Tom Jr. said that the father was not even invited...................................

Embarrassing for all the outlets, that published that letter and did no double checking on facts.

They published it gleefully calling the letter extraordinary.....not one outlet questioned his reliability or his record of domestic abuse or his previous lies and flip flop of opinion. He was their weapon to use against Meghan. They all have egg on their faces.

They all have egg on their faces.

NONE of which will stick.. they are tabloids for Heavens sake, UNTRUTHS are their 'bread and butter'!
What will last is the perceived, [and accurate] level of division within Ms Markle's family...

I doubt that any of the outlets that published the letter are at all embarrassed. They published something that got lots of attention, and that's what most of them care about. Even if they publish a retraction or correction, most of the people who read those outlets won't pay attention to that, they'll just remember the salacious misinformation.

That's the way it works.

I am a little surprise that specially her mother goes the last week before the wedding, in her position, with all the money in the world, why didn't she had her mother with her for a month? I just wonder........I also Married in England and my family flew for the wedding, my mother came a week before and there is when she met my husband, but it was a money issue I would have love to have my mother for the hole month before the weeding
(my father died when I was 2, so my brother walked me down the aisle) and he came to meet my husband 6 month previous to the proposal.
Wonder why her father didn't meet Harry yet? He is retired with all the time in the world and I am sure Megan can pay for his flight....... I guess we all not have the same values of families.
Regarding his brother statement, he probably gets paid by the tabloids to talk nonsense......... not even worth of our time......

Meghan's mother actually works, and can't just take time off for months or even a month. I doubt it's a money issue.

NONE of which will stick.. they are tabloids for Heavens sake, UNTRUTHS are their 'bread and butter'!
What will last is the perceived, [and accurate] level of division within Ms Markle's family...

I'm sure the tabloid press with their agenda will not change, but the fact remains they lie, they don't know what is going on.

The main press should now think twice before interviewing the half siblings who clearly lie and are paid to lie.

I KNOW how awful the tabloid press is and I know they won't change and their lies are what they feed their base readership.

Exactly...who knows what her Doria's leave situation is like. She might want to save some of it for a longer Thanksgiving/Christmas vacation.

And with all do respect Ashelen...I would imagine that you had a lot of things to do before your wedding to make sure everything was okay (fittings, flowers, running around and such). And your mother was of great assistance. Yeah, Meghan doesn't have to do all of that. She has do some but she isn't racing around Windsor meeting with the florist and the caterers:flowers:

Doria has a job. She taking off a significant amount of time but she still has a job.

Doria has a career as a social worker and a case load. She is helping others and I'm sure does not want to be off work for a long period of time. Doria also has her own independent life not tied to her daughter. While Meghan lived in Toronto, Doria did things like run the LA Marathon. I think both Meghan and Doria are strong independent people.

I am a little surprise that specially her mother goes the last week before the wedding, in her position, with all the money in the world, why didn't she had her mother with her for a month? I just wonder........I also Married in England and my family flew for the wedding, my mother came a week before and there is when she met my husband, but it was a money issue I would have love to have my mother for the hole month before the weeding
(my father died when I was 2, so my brother walked me down the aisle) and he came to meet my husband 6 month previous to the proposal.
Wonder why her father didn't meet Harry yet? He is retired with all the time in the world and I am sure Megan can pay for his flight....... I guess we all not have the same values of families.
Regarding his brother statement, he probably gets paid by the tabloids to talk nonsense......... not even worth of our time......

So because Meghan didn't do what you did or what you think she should have done to prepare for her wedding, you question her family values?

Meghan and Harry are thousands of miles away from her parents. Her father is ailing, and I get the impression travelling all that way would be hard on him physically.

I am a little surprise that specially her mother goes the last week before the wedding, in her position, with all the money in the world, why didn't she had her mother with her for a month?

Wonder why her father didn't meet Harry yet? He is retired with all the time in the world and I am sure Megan can pay for his flight..

Meghan's mother actually has a job-she is likely taking vacation time to come to the wedding, you don't get extra vacation just because your daughter is marrying a prince.

Maybe Meghan's father doesn't particularly like to travel and sees no reason to take more than one trip overseas. There could be any number of valid reasons that Dad hasn't come to the UK to meet Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom