Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the clarification. I got confused over a Pic from the university website showing people wearing purple gowns.

Interesting. I seem to remember wearing a black robe and cap.

On the topic of Meghan's background and to me worse than even Samantha and Thomas Markle, neither of whom was clearly ever close to Meghan, is Ninaki Priddy.

I cannot understand how after 30 years of friendship, falling out or not, Ninaki can sell out her former friend like this. Even if I were no longer friends with someone out of respect for our former relationship, I would never bad mouth them to others and certainly NOT so publicly and I thought most courteous humans understood that. And to add insult to injury, both Ninaki and her mother are selling all these photos and videos to the DM. It's so mercenary and underhanded and just utterly malicious.

I agree. Meghan was never close to the Markles, they have nothing to tell about her. But Priddy was a really good friend for 30 years, and she's not only selling all of the pictures she has of Meghan, but trashing her to the tabloids too. It's a sad way how this all has come out, but Priddy has proved, that she's the only one from their friendship group of four whom Meghan is not close with any more. She's still very tight with the other two friends from way back.

On the topic of Meghan's background and to me worse than even Samantha and Thomas Markle, neither of whom was clearly ever close to Meghan, is Ninaki Priddy.

I cannot understand how after 30 years of friendship, falling out or not, Ninaki can sell out her former friend like this. Even if I were no longer friends with someone out of respect for our former relationship, I would never bad mouth them to others and certainly NOT so publicly and I thought most courteous humans understood that. And to add insult to injury, both Ninaki and her mother are selling all these photos and videos to the DM. It's so mercenary and underhanded and just utterly malicious.

I agree. If you look at the videos you can see that Meghan was the focus of a lot of these videos and not Ninaki which is odd cos Ninaki's parents recorded those videos. She seems to harbour a lot of deep seated resentment for Meghan. Her siding with Trevor in the divorce convinced me something happened between her and Trevor.

Something never made sense to me about this whole thing with the ex-bestfriend. Would any of us end a 30 year friendship because your best friend left her husband? And given that Meghan has remained close with other friends before she became well known on Suits, the narrative that Meghan left people behind when she became famous isn't true.

We don't know the whole story and information is missing. A 30 year friendship does not end just like that. And she said something strange in her early tabloid stories...about how Meghan does not forgive anyone or soething to that effect. Now, if she is blaming everything on Meghan...what and why would Meghan need to forgive? As I said...things dont add up.

Something never made sense to me about this whole thing with the ex-bestfriend. Would any of us end a 30 year friendship because your best friend left her husband? And given that Meghan has remained close with other friends before she became well known on Suits, the narrative that Meghan left people behind when she became famous isn't true.

We don't know the whole story and information is missing. A 30 year friendship does not end just like that. And she said something strange in her early tabloid stories...about how Meghan does not forgive anyone or something to that effect. Now, if she is blaming everything on Meghan...what and why would Meghan need to forgive? As I said...things don't add up.

Very astute. :ermm: Plus the fact that it's pretty clear Meghan was committing to the relationship, marrying the long time boyfriend just as she moves far away. Something happened in the space of a year or so and we will never know, of course, but we can surmise. Thank you for pointing out the early comments of the former friend.

We don't know the whole story and information is missing. A 30 year friendship does not end just like that. And she said something strange in her early tabloid stories...about how Meghan does not forgive anyone or soething to that effect. Now, if she is blaming everything on Meghan...what and why would Meghan need to forgive? As I said...things dont add up.

That is thing no one ends friendship like that. Also note that she was the one that ended the friendship and not Meghan.

That is thing no one ends friendship like that. Also note that she was the one that ended the friendship and not Meghan.

Oh! I didn't know that! :sad: Stranger still, then. The plot thickens.....

Oh! I didn't know that! :sad: Stranger still, then. The plot thickens.....
Didn't know that either! The narrative has been presented that Meghan became famous on Suits and left her family, husband and best friend of 30 years behind.:bang: Makes no sense whatsover. But I do believe that the information that is lacking will be revealed at some point in time.

Priddy claims she walked away from Meghan after her marriage ended. The whole thing is very suspect especially considering Priddy contradicted herself constantly in that interview. The fact that their close group remains intact minus her tells me all I need to know. She will continue selling stories because she seems obsessed with Meghan. Seems she has been for a long time if those videos are any indication.

I have my suspicions about Nikkai but she is now fair game with the media now that Harry and Meghan are going to be out of the spotlight until the wedding. The tabloids have to fill the void somehow, and they are going to play "This is your life Nikkai Priddy".

If Priddy feels like she’s the one who’s been wronged, it may give her satisfaction to sell pics and stories. None of us knows what really went on.

A 30 year friendship ended over something. What percentage of blame is with either party is much more complicated

Well, I believe in karma and it can be a b@!#h!!! Don't do to others what you don't want done to you.

On top of that....Meghan's life has taken an unbelievable turn....one that no one thought would have been possible...and if things had remained the same...Priddy would have been part of the celebrations. But now...she is on the outside looking in. That can't be a good feeling.

Last edited:

Can you cite your source for this information? Thank you.

Their friendship ended in 2013, according to Priddy. If she wasn't bitterly selling out pictures and one sided tabloid stories about Meghan, 5 years after their friendship ended, we wouldn't know any of it. We shouldn't know any of it, but Priddy decided to make money out of this friendship, and here we are. IMHO it is very telling, that Meghan is still close friends with their other two friends, while Priddy s out there trying to paint Meghan in a bad light. That imho tells me everything I need to know.

Priddy said herself in the first daily mail interview she gave, that she ended the friendship because Meghan left Trevor, and she didn't agree with that. Or something like that.

If Priddy feels like she’s the one who’s been wronged, it may give her satisfaction to sell pics and stories. None of us knows what really went on.

A 30 year friendship ended over something. What percentage of blame is with either party is much more complicated

Exactly, thank you for the voice of reason. It can't be all one person's fault that the relationship broke down.

Exactly, thank you for the voice of reason. It can't be all one person's fault that the relationship broke down.

No one else, except Priddy, is claiming that. Priddy is however the one who has gone to the press and sold out Meghan on a negative light, and Meghan has not and won't say a word. While Meghan is quiet, Priddy has tried to paint Meghan in a very negative light to daily mail and it's millions of readers. That's unfair, and wrong, in my books.

Their friendship ended in 2013, according to Priddy. If she wasn't bitterly selling out pictures and one sided tabloid stories about Meghan, 5 years after their friendship ended, we wouldn't know any of it. We shouldn't know any of it, but Priddy decided to make money out of this friendship, and here we are. IMHO it is very telling, that Meghan is still close friends with their other two friends, while Priddy s out there trying to paint Meghan in a bad light. That imho tells me everything I need to know.

Priddy said herself in the first daily mail interview she gave, that she ended the friendship because Meghan left Trevor, and she didn't agree with that. Or something like that.

Again, sources/links?

It's been reported that Meghan mailed her wedding rings to Trevor as a way of breaking up instead of doing it in person. I have to say that would certainly have made me question the kind of person my supposed friend was if she could do something so cold-blooded.

Meghan Markle 'ended first marriage by posting rings back to Trevor Engelson' | Metro News

I'm not saying it's all one person's fault. I'm saying that we don't know what happened. However, Priddy is the one who is selling Meghan out to the tabloids. And if she shares as much of the blame for the friendship ending, then it makes her selling out to be tabloids even more reprehensible!

Again, sources/links?

It's been reported that Meghan mailed her wedding rings to Trevor as a way of breaking up instead of doing it in person. I have to say that would certainly have made me question the kind of person my supposed friend was if she could do something so cold-blooded.

Meghan Markle 'ended first marriage by posting rings back to Trevor Engelson' | Metro News

The first daily mail interview Priddy gave. I'm not going to search for it and post links. If you're interested, I suppose it would be easy to google.

Again these one sided reports on how Meghan evilly ended the marriage by posting the rings and Trevor has no clue why, or that the marriage was ending. I'm just not buying either narrative. Like you and Rudolph pointed out, never does a relationship or friendship end because of just one person, but all these tabloid articles from Priddy and about the divorce try to paint Meghan as the one alone in the wrong.

As for mailing the rings, IF that happened. I see nothing wrong with that. The relationship was over, why was a face to face meeting needed in order to return the rings?

That particular gem is in the bio Morton wrote on Meghan. I have the book. Morton never got to speak to any of Meghan's friends, nor did he manage to speak to Trevor or to Cory the chef. A male friend of Trevor's told Morton the anecdote about the rings, so it's second hand info at best. It seems to have been spread about by those who take Trevor's side.

-missy That info was from Priddy herself and this woman has an axe to grind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be surprised if Meghan really had considered having Priddy front and center at her wedding as a longtime friend that she had a falling out with *until* she started blabbing to the press. That is probably what sealed the deal against an invitation. With the scope of the role that Meghan is going to be taking on and most likely hearing how Harry has built his "circle of trust" around him over the years, Meghan found it wiser to leave Priddy out of things.

Meghan has never openly talked about her marriage ending or the causes and effects of it because, frankly, its no one's business. I'm not getting involved in taking sides about something that happened between two people that pertained only to the two people involved.

To me, people jumping on the Meghan bandwagon either positively or negatively has all stemmed from a situation that really rocketed Meghan front and center in the world. Its kind of like winning a huge lottery and instantly people you never think of that you once knew crawl out of the woodwork because well... you won the lottery. :D

Exactly! Don't get me started on that hack's book of second and third accounts on Meghan's life.

I'm not saying it's all one person's fault. I'm saying that we don't know what happened. However, Priddy is the one who is selling Meghan out to the tabloids. And if she shares as much of the blame for the friendship ending, then it makes her selling out to be tabloids even more reprehensible!

What does Priddy have to lose, why should she be loyal to a person who doesn't give two seconds thought about her?

It's in Meghan's best interest to remain quiet, she doesn't get any points for not blabbing back imo.

Thanks for the link CTchic.

The first daily mail interview Priddy gave. I'm not going to search for it and post links. If you're interested, I suppose it would be easy to google.

Again these one sided reports on how Meghan evilly ended the marriage by posting the rings and Trevor has no clue why, or that the marriage was ending. I'm just not buying either narrative. Like you and Rudolph pointed out, never does a relationship or friendship end because of just one person, but all these tabloid articles from Priddy and about the divorce try to paint Meghan as the one alone in the wrong.

As for mailing the rings, IF that happened. I see nothing wrong with that. The relationship was over, why was a face to face meeting needed in order to return the rings?

We must have been reading a different article, because nothing in the one I posted said anything about Trevor having no clue the marriage was ending, it said he was devastated by her sending the rings back and that he was shell shocked after the marriage ended. I think it goes without saying that two adults know if their marriage is in trouble, it wouldn't have come as a surprise except in the way she did it.

You know you're right!!! Meghan doesnt give these people a second thought! Priddy, half siblings, cousins, people she has had no relationship with in years. Tney will all have their 15 minutes of fame and then be forgotton.

But why is Priddy involving herself in her friend's marriage? It was between Meghan and Trevor. Last I checked none of them are talking and Priddy should have kept her comments about their marriage to herself.

She sold out her former friend because she is bitter that her friend has moved on and things seem to be going well for her. She is bitter and jealous.

The fact remains that Meghan has never spoken about her marriage. She has never told her story and the only people who have talked about it have been paid to tell her stories and are making a nice profit from it. No one who is close with Meghan has told her side of the story.

I assume its not something she is happy about. Usually a failed marriage is used to create a narrative for someone who is famous. Meghan has kept both her relationship with her ex and with Cory out of her narrative, preferring to leave that part of her life private.

One would say sending back the rings was cruel but I think keeping the rings would have been cruel as well. One would say only taking a blender was mean, but to divorce in California and not want anything when most would get alimony says that she at least did not want to prolong or cause extended acrimony. People throw around the world gold digger....but no gold digger gives back the rings, sign away their rights to claim money in the future, not get half of the property and only take a blender. It should be noted that California is both no fault and also property is split 50/50 in which Meghan decided she only wanted a blender.

Last edited:
Priddy looks like a petty jealous person for selling 30 years of friendship to tabloids for allegedly 6 figures. She's looking like she hasn't got over the friendship ending on her choice, even after 5 years after it ended.

And like others have said, why was Priddy so involved in Meghan and Trevor's marriage? Why did she need to find intimate details why it ended? Why was it her business?

Last edited:
You know you're right!!! Meghan doesnt give these people a second thought! Priddy, half siblings, cousins, people she has had no relationship with in years. Tney will all have their 15 minutes of fame and then be forgotton.

Of course she doesn't give them a second thought, she burned their bridge loooong ago. That's the thing though, smart people don't burn bridges, they know that it may feel good at the moment but in the future they may have made an enemy. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer as the saying goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom