Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more they talk the more they prove just why Meghan wants nothing to do with them. Did they care this much about attending her 1st wedding? Where they calling Trevor's parents demanding invites? I get the feeling that is a no. They are so ridiculous.

Well she got the attention she was craving with another headline.

And the same people making sure everyone knows about Samantha's latest comments and headlines.

She has nothing to lose? How about class, dignity, self respect, basic humanity, ethics (LOL - had to say that), decency, hope for any future relationship, sense of reality, respectability, public interest, etc. ????
None of these things had mattered to people since the birth of reality TV and internet stars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that all families have issues, and most recover

At one point I thought that this family, Meghan included, should all get together and talk and make up....But DAY-UM! These people seem to be both crazy and mean. They would undoubtedly embarrass themselves and all the other wedding guests. Poor Meghan- she doesn’t deserve this.

(Has anyone ever seen The Unsinkable Molly Brown? There is an unforgettable scene when the fabulously wealthy Browns have a party and invite their aristocratic European friends, and also their mountain-dwelling miner friends. Things go well for a while until a big hilarious brawl breaks out.)

Regarding Sam's claims about it being proper etiquette to invite family and bad to invite strangers (wait, what? I'm pretty sure Charles and Diana didn't know all 3500 of the people at their wedding)... well, I can only quote the incomparable Emily Post:

“Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use.”

I leave it as an exercise for the reader to judge the level of sensitive awareness of the feelings of others that Samantha Grant has displayed since November 2016.

Tom Jr did say in his emails to and from his lawyer, that he'll embarrass Meghan if he keeps being ignored. Funny how they didn't go to these lengths during any of the 5 years from 2011 to 2016 to 'heal the rift', but suddenly, in 2018 it HAS TO BE HEALED, and the only way to heal it is a wedding invite.

I am going to give a praise to Tom Sr for not handing over Meghan's contact details to the family members, no doubt they've been hounding him from the start for it.

Tom threatened her? How Dare he. Im so angry that these people keep getting the attention they crave. I wish someone would write an article calling them out on their behavior and how disgusting it is.

I think too that we need to remember we're just hearing one side of things from the Markle siblings. I would wager that Meghan could give out quite an earful on these people should she choose to. She's taking the high road and not feeding into these people which is what is annoying them so much.

They bleat and bellow but Meghan doesn't speak that language. Smart girl.

I think it’s so bad this family are running to the press moaning , at the end of the day it’s up to Meghan And Harry who they invite .... and the way that family are acting I don’t blame Meghan for not wanting them there .

I think there are legit reasons why Meghan left these people behind, and never looked back. The way they're behaving is borderline mentally abusive, very manipulative and twisted. I can imagine how it was to deal with that kind of behaviour face to face, having to deal with it in person.

Ah ah ah and some people complained about the Middletons back in 2011...
Let's meet the Markles, the family from hell (at least some members from it).
A bit juicy, a bit sad ... and totally expected.

There's a Black Sheep (or more for that matter) In every family.

Last edited:
Where were these "loving" relatives when Meghan and Harry had the anthrax scare in February? Did they reach out to them then? They can't say they didn't know; the incident was widely reported. They only reach out if they want something.

Unfortunately this branch of Markles are going to try and stick around.

Andrew Morton, Meghan's biographer so to speak, just threw some new light on the family dynamics in an interview:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...y-invited-royal-wedding-author-says-42570?amp

The Markles weren't invited to her first wedding to Trevor Engelson, and he was no big name at the time. That was in 2011. Odd that Morton would write this given he repeated malicious gossip in the book, but it seems to shoot down the close family claim.

Unfortunately this branch of Markles are going to try and stick around.

Andrew Morton, Meghan's biographer so to speak, just threw some new light on the family dynamics in an interview:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...y-invited-royal-wedding-author-says-42570?amp

Quote from article "He said he believes Meghan's mother, Gloria, .." - um, isn't her mother's name Doria? Sigh, if you are a journalist, even given the most generous definition of that term, your profession is to use writing to convey factual information - to do so step one is to get your facts right - it's not that hard, these 'writers' are so sloppy!
I agree, the press will go back to the Markle hangers on every time there's an event in Meghan's life - who can forget all of the Jessica Hayes stories even up to George's birth when it was well known that Catherine hadn't spoken w/ Jessica in years - the tabs will do the same thing w/ Meghan's vocal estranged family.
Very interesting glimpse into the Markle half siblings family dynamic, they try guilt and when they don't get their way resort to threats - classic toxic family dysfunction, most advice I've heard through the years regarding how to deal w/ malevolent folks such as these is to ACE them, accept, change or eliminate them from your life, and Meghan has clearly chosen "E" to eliminate these folks from her life probably based on evidence that they are unlikely to change.

Ah ah ah and some people complained about the Middletons back in 2011...
Let's meet the Markles, the family from hell (at least some members from it).
A bit juicy, a bit sad ... and totally expected.

There's a Black Sheep (or more for that matter) In every family.

People were mean and made snarky comments about the Middletons but not for one second did anyone think that they do not love Kate. They were a family that loves her and thus were at the wedding.

The Markles are a different story. They do not love her at all, doesnt matter what they say. Their actions show them to be the jealous and vindictive people that they are. They were not invited to her 1st wedding, so why should they come now.
If they loved her, they should have been quiet & kept out of the press. But their hatred of her was so much that they wanted to destroy her life.

Well, they should be like the rest of us & start planning their royal wedding viewing & pick their tv channel of choice.They will be at home like all of us watching Meghan marry into the royal family & "the family she never had"

I think that Meghans father is definately doing but has not shared anything with these loudmouths. He simply says" I dont know" to all their questions.

:previous: I am thinking that as well. The same for the nieces (Ashley at least) as well. That saves them from potential pressure on why are you going, why don't you talk to Meg for me, etc. If they do go, as I expect, they will have to deal with it later. After the fact.

It will be interesting to see if Tom Sr., as well Ashley shows up. I am thinking most of Meghan's "family" will be composed of Doria's side as well as her friends.

Really for some...family can be defined by a close circle of friends who share no blood.

The Express is reporting that Tom and Meghan are not on speaking terms: https://www.express.co.uk/life-styl...-father-parents-prince-harry-latest-exclusive

Obviously, that report needs to be taken with a grain of salt but let's just suppose Tom doesn't walk Meghan down the aisle...is it really safe to assume that Doria will be doing so? I know Meghan is modern and unconventional but it's one of those things being a bit too much of a departure from the norm. Meghan will be accused of breaking tradition yet again by the British press, and overall, I can see this being one of the things vetoed by the courtiers as needing to be done traditionally.

In that case, would it be William....Charles?

Well, Meghan wouldn’t be without family on her big day as her mother’s side are her blood family and I’m certain a quite a few have been invited. What a day for Doria, her only child getting married and she will be there with her same as before, supporting her. Just really sad that the so-called “family” have tried and tried and continue to try and ruin her daughter’s life. And yet she there she is, still standing :cool: Obviously Meghan’s close friends will be there, too. Thomas Markle Sr will probably be there as well.

Last edited:
Thinking about it all, should Meghan relent and invite Samantha and Tom Jr. to the wedding and the festivities, she also knows that she's also inviting into the midst of her wedding day The Daily Fail, The Sun, The Express, The National Enquirer among many of the tabloids that would have their "presence" there in the form of two people that like to talk for green dollars. ;)

People were mean and made snarky comments about the Middletons but not for one second did anyone think that they do not love Kate. They were a family that loves her and thus were at the wedding.

The Markles are a different story. They do not love her at all, doesnt matter what they say. Their actions show them to be the jealous and vindictive people that they are. They were not invited to her 1st wedding, so why should they come now.
If they loved her, they should have been quiet & kept out of the press. But their hatred of her was so much that they wanted to destroy her life.

Well, they should be like the rest of us & start planning their royal wedding viewing & pick their tv channel of choice.They will be at home like all of us watching Meghan marry into the royal family & "the family she never had"

I think that Meghans father is definately doing but has not shared anything with these loudmouths. He simply says" I dont know" to all their questions.
Those so-called “family” won’t be anywhere near Meghan on the day that’s for sure.

Meghan doing what is best for her. Their attempt at bullying her is not working. I saw Samantha (who changed her twitter handle) started tweeting again right as Meghan arrived at the reception. She did the same yesterday. The timing too perfect to be coincidence. She doing it on purpose to.

Had lunch today with a friend who shares Meghan's ethnic background and we talked about Meghan's half-siblings. :ermm: The specter that Meghan endured real racism growing up (ouch!) from that half of her family (as has been indicated by the family itself) says it all. My friend talked about the damage that could have been done to Meghan in that kind of pincer experience being very real, yet she has emerged a strong and compassionate woman ('refined to gold'), who defines herself rather than allows others to define and limit her. What a role model! :flowers:

I think that Meghan's father is definitely going but has not shared anything with these loudmouths. He simply says "I dont know" to all their questions.

It will be interesting to see if he does attend. Very little is being shared, and for a reason, I think. The reason may be very private. We know Doria is attending but the failure to confirm Tom Sr may be rooted in issues that are associated with age and what not, not just a limp or physical health, ya know what I mean? Who knows. Whatever takes place will be for the best for everyone.

I know people are rooting for Doria to be the person to walk Meghan down the aisle. :flowers: However, I question whether Doria would be willing/comfortable being front-and-center in that way at an event that is so public. I don't know her, of course. She may be fine doing so but her doing so would draw intense focus on the absent father, whereas there is another option. Given the symbolism of that walk, I would be intrigued if Harry and Meghan did something really outside-the-lines, like walked down the aisle together themselves. After all, that is the 'truth' of their relationship: Meghan's father (or mother) is not 'giving her away'. Harry and Meghan are very much giving each other to the other. ;)

If they don't do the above I am partial to the idea of Prince Charles walking her down the aisle. It's been done before to show support of a controversial royal bride, not that Meghan is that at all, just it would be an amazing gesture of support towards Meghan (and Harry) given the complexity of the situation. JMO.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if he does attend. Very little is being shared, and for a reason, I think. The reason may be very private. We know Doria is attending but the failure to confirm Tom Sr may be rooted in issues that are associated with age and what not, not just a limp or physical health, ya know what I mean? Who knows. Whatever takes place will be for the best of everyone.

I know people are rooting for Doria to be the person to walk Meghan down the aisle :flowers: However, I question whether Doria would be willing/comfortable being front-and-center in that way at an event that is so public. I don't know her, of course. She may be fine doing so but her doing so would draw intense focus on the absent father, whereas there is another option. Given the symbolism of that walk, I would be intrigued if Harry and Meghan did something really outside-the-lines, like walked down the aisle together themselves. After all, that is the 'truth' of their relationship: Meghan's father (or mother) is not 'giving her away'. Harry and Meghan are very much giving each other to the other. ;)

If they don't do the above I am partial to the idea of Prince Charles walking her down the aisle. It's been done before to show support of a controversial royal bride, not that Meghan is that at all, just it would be an amazing gesture of support towards Meghan (and Harry) given the complexity of the situation. JMO.

I'd be pretty surprised if Doria walked Meghan down the aisle, but I suppose anything is possible. I've been thinking that if Meghan's father isn't willing/able to walk her down the aisle, for whatever reason, I really like the Prince Charles option, for exactly the reasons you gave. I don't think it's likely, but I think it would be a lovely gesture.

Well according to Radaronline ( I Know consider the source), one of Meghan nieces, Noel will not be in attendance. And thus she becomes the latest to provide pictures of Meghan growing up. I wonder if Ashley is coming?

Well according to Radaronline ( I Know consider the source), one of Meghan nieces, Noel will not be in attendance. And thus she becomes the latest to provide pictures of Meghan growing up. I wonder if Ashley is coming?

I believe Noel also hasn’t but had much contact with Meghan over the years, if she’s even met her, so that’s not too surprising.

Well, Meghan wouldn’t be without family on her big day as her mother’s side are her blood family and I’m certain a quite a few have been invited. What a day for Doria, her only child getting married and she will be there with her same as before, supporting her. Just really sad that the so-called “family” have tried and tried and continue to try and ruin her daughter’s life. And yet she there she is, still standing :cool: Obviously Meghan’s close friends will be there, too. Thomas Markle Sr will probably be there as well.

And her father's family aren't her blood family? :huh:

I get the feeling her father won't be there, which is really sad.

Now I'm going to back out of this thread, I stay away from it for a reason.

Last edited:

I get the feeling her father won't be there, which is really sad, and I also think there is a lot more to this story than we currently know.

Now I'm going to back out of this thread, I stay away from it for a reason.

It may be totally and completely correct that what the family is saying that Tom, Sr. never received an invitation to this wedding. He just might have told his kids that and not be lying.

Do we think that the Queen received an invitation? Or Charles? Or William? Of course not. They're all part and parcel of the wedding itself and don't *need* to be invited. I didn't invite my mother and father to my wedding. They weren't guests.

Some people that are part of this wedding don't need to be formally invited by an invitation in the mail. People that they wish to attend as guests get the invitations. :D

I don’t think she was saying her dad’s family isn’t her blood. She was just pointing out that it’s not true none of her blood family will be there as her mother’s side is also her blood family. At least they haven’t stabbed her in the back and sold her childhood memories for money yet.

I am not surprised. Noel told DM (?) that she barely knew Meghan. She only met her once or twice. She grew up listening to Sam bad mouth Meghan and she was surprised how nice she was when they met. Kind of sad.

Meghan is close to Ashleigh though. She has a brother Christopher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom