Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the video from Hello Magazine when Meghan was asked who did she prefer, William or Harry and she answered Harry.

Also all the references to Meghan watching Diana’s funeral. Of course she knew who Harry was.

Harry was a hundred times more famous than Meghan. I don’t know why they threw that timeline out there.

In that video when asked said Harry reluctantly because at first she was non-plussed over the question. The interviewer said pick Harry and she said sure as if she could care less.

Of course Harry didn’t know Meghan before hand. The only way he would know her is if he watched Suits which isn’t exactly burning up the networks in the U.K.

What a coincidence this ‘blind date’ was. Harry knew Meghan and Meghan didn’t know Harry. It’s like it was fate ;)

Huh? No one said Harry knew Meghan. Of course he didn't. They said he knew her name. They both went into the date aware of the other. They have social media and are both public profile people. No need to twist words.

The interview where she said "I don't know" and then was prompted to pick Harry? That interview? That just proving the point she didn't know much.

Meghan also never claimed to not of know him but googling him to get some up to date info sounds about right. I would also hit up social media. I think most would.

Meghan clearly said she did not know MUCH about him, not that she did not know him at all. So now Meghan does what we all do before going on a date.....we google the person. If she was obsessed she would go read the latest People magazine that she clearly did not hide under her pillow at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is just picking and choosing what we believe. Friends and family make statements about Meghan. Whether we believe what is said depends on the bias.

Bold by me. The friends and family selling her out for money and/or personal gratification and 15 seconds of fame? I don't believe people like that--they say what the media they are dealing with wants the narrative to be--the more shameful and scandalous the better.

Last edited:
Remember the video from Hello Magazine when Meghan was asked who did she prefer, William or Harry and she answered Harry.

Also all the references to Meghan watching Diana’s funeral. Of course she knew who Harry was.

Harry was a hundred times more famous than Meghan. I don’t know why they threw that timeline out there.

Do you think Meghan knows everything about Harry? Like Henry is his real name, charities, and so on. I don't think so.

Huh? No one said Harry knew Meghan. Of course he didn't. They said he knew her name. They both went into the date aware of the other. They have social media and are both public profile people. No need to twist words.

How would Harry know Meghan’s name? A fairly obscure American television actress?

Harry has name recognition. Meghan doesn’t outside her fans. How many ‘Prince Harry’s’ are out there. Meghan can play it cool now but she jumped at the chance to meet Harry.

Which is just picking and choosing what we believe. Friends and family make statements about Meghan. Whether we believe what is said depends on the bias.

Oh I agree with this 100%

All these folks talking have an agenda. Folks will believe what they want whether it is true or not. Though some make their true intentions quite clear like Samantha, for example.

Jacqui24 thanks for clearing up the initial Kruger Crown comments. I didn't have the name of the firm.

If we are to bring up that video, we should point out Meghan’s reaction to it. It was very obvious that she couldn’t careless. In fact, she didn’t really even have an answer. It was the interviewer fangirling over Harry and basically answered for her that had Meghan just say “ok, Harry”. So yes, I would believe she didn’t really follow either of the Wales boys in the news and didn’t “know” them.

Literally Meghan rolled her eyes. The interviewer said Harry and Meghan repeated "ok, Harry". This is the "proof" that Meghan was plotting to snag Harry? Sure...?

How would Harry know Meghan’s name? A fairly obscure American television actress?

Harry has name recognition. Meghan doesn’t outside her fans. How many ‘Prince Harry’s’ are out there. Meghan can play it cool now but she jumped at the chance to meet Harry.

Well, for one, he heard it from the mutual friend that set them up. He clearly stated in the interview that he asked background as he didn’t know her. But it was obvious that he knew her name and basic background information because he asked about it.

A blind date is when two people who have never met before are set up by mutual friends. It does'nt mean you don't know the other persons name or their profession or their personality. I've been set up before and usually ask for their name, what they do, age, and what their personality is like.

I imagine Meghan must of had his hame Harry Wales or maybe Henry Wales.

Jacqui24 thanks for clearing up the initial Kruger Crown comments. I didn't have the name of the firm.

Literally Meghan rolled her eyes. The interviewer said Harry and Meghan repeated "ok, Harry". This is the "proof" that Meghan was plotting to snag Harry? Sure...?

Meghan was more enthusiastic about Olivia Pope than Harry.

The person setting them up told him her name and he has the Internet like everyone else including Meghan. Voila!

I think it is pretty clear that what they had was a special friend in common and when you consider that Meghan lived and worked in Toronto and Harry lived in KP, Windsor, etc. it is pretty unlikely that the would have met one on one.

That a friend who had known Harry most of her life thought he and Meghan might be a fun duo says a lot for the friend. Harry says he didn't watch Suits and there is no reason to believe he lied. Megan knew who he was but that was it. She googled him, which was very 2016 of her.

It was KISMET. ? :twohearts:

He was told of her by the person setting them up. Not sure why it's confusing. He spoke of this. "Right... Meghan Markle. Tell me more." You think he didn't look her up? Of course he did. The same way she 100% did. Knowing of someone and knowing details about them is not the same. I mean I know of Cardi B but I couldn't answer trivia about her.

Well, for one, he heard it from the mutual friend that set them up. He clearly stated in the interview that he asked background as he didn’t know her. But it was obvious that he knew her name and basic background information because he asked about it.

Are you suggesting that Harry ‘knew’ the name of an obscure American actress he ends up proposing to?

Like everything else about the Meghan and Harry love story, there’s lots of holes and inconsistencies.

Even when Meghan dumped Cory for Harry is in dispute depending on which source you believe.

Are you suggesting that Harry ‘knew’ the name of an obscure American actress he ends up proposing to?

Like everything else about the Meghan and Harry love story, there’s lots of holes and inconsistencies.

Even when Meghan dumped Cory for Harry is in dispute depending on which source you believe.

He knew her name because the Friend told him the name and background.

Meghan and Cory ended their relationship in May and by the time she was in London during Wimbledon she was single according to Piers Morgan. Its not rocket science.

It is not a difficult concept, that when going on a blind date you ask for some basic info about the person you are going to go out with. And in the modern era it is easy to google a person, especially a person in the public eye like either Meghan or Harry, and find out more.

Reactions: ACO
And Maya Rudolph, and dogs and literally every other question she was asked.

As a fan of Meghan I remember this interview when it happened and when she acted so nonplussed about Prince Harry I was like what is wrong with you, Harry is a total fox!

Do you think Meghan knows everything about Harry? Like Henry is his real name, charities, and so on. I don't think so.

One of the most interesting sparks that fly during the initial period of falling in love is the thrill of discovering everything and anything about the person that you are with.

I'm sure at some point it was divulged that he is Henry and she is Rachel and they are known as Harry and Meghan. On the charity front, I actually think its their charity work that drew them together with a big "me too". Both were involved with charity work in Africa. Harry with his Sentebale in Lesotho and Meghan with Rwanda.

I would imagine that there is very little that they don't know about each other but the little things and life experiences are what keep cropping up over the years to keep things interesting.

So I would definitely say that of all the people on the earth today, Meghan is the one that knows Harry intimately and vice versa. You can't watch these two together and think that they're strangers in any way, shape or form. :D

It is not a difficult concept, that when going on a blind date you ask for some basic info about the person you are going to go out with. And in the modern era it is easy to google a person, especially a person in the public eye like either Meghan or Harry, and find out more.

That’s not the same as ‘knowing’ the name. If you have to use google you don’t know the name.

I’m suggesting Harry knew the name of the woman he went to meet that night because he asked his friend who set this up. And how do we know he asked? Because he flat out said so. This isn’t some anonymous source here. I’m not sure what is so difficult to comprehend of what I said in this regard.

As for Cory, that was only a speculation because it wasn’t clear when Harry and Meghan met. Some earlier reports from Camilla Tominey suggested they possibility met in Toronto in May. But Camilla wasn’t sure about that when she did the interview and I don’t think she printed that in her initial article breaking this story at the end of October. Now we know they met in early July in London, which was later Than some speculation. Of all the reports that we’ve had, Cory and her broke up in April of that year. That caused some to speculate with the uncertain rumors of when they met. Although Emily Andrews have always maintained that they met in London in the summer and she does also have good sources.

That’s not the same as ‘knowing’ the name. If you have to use google you don’t know the name.

I’m not sure what you mean by “knowing” as you put it in quotation. I don’t think anyone here has suggested anything other than what word traditionally means.

So we’re back to what sources we believe and what sources we don’t believe.

It’s clear if a story puts Meghan in a positive light her supporters believe it.

If the story puts Meghan in a negative light, it’s not to be believed.

Not really objective.

Maybe you’re obtuse with a mental block. :lol:

Then what is it? You think they just walked in with a "I'm wearing yellow so you can recognize me" kind of experience? You clearly misinterpreted what is being said. They knew each other's name going into the date. No one is saying Harry knew of Meghan before hand. He didn't but if you think he didn't learn basic facts of her before meeting then okay...

And I don't think Harry ever said he knew Meghan's name or anything about her before the friend who set up the blind date told him her name and something about her.

Most people here know Harry had more international fame than Meghan at the time of their first date. So yes, it is very likely Meghan recognized Harry's name and Harry did not recognize Meghan's name when the friend informed them who their blind date was with. And yes, I think they both may have googled the other to find out more, beyond what the friend shared.

It’s clear if a story puts Meghan in a positive light her supporters believe it.

Not really objective.

I’m not sure how them knowing each other’s name or not puts either one of them in a bad light or a good light? Or any light? And we are not basing this on sources here. We have first hand information from the couple.

I see it all in a scenario such as I'm going to illustrate.

I just got a phone call. A friend of mine has a friend in town and thought I'd get along with this guy quite well. She tells me that the guy's name is Justin Beiber. I've heard that name somewhere before but other than knowing he's a popular singer, I have to actually do a Google on the guy to get a better picture of who he is, what he's like and do I really want to do this. If I know a bit about this guy, I have more information to work with to make conversation and get me through the night. Simple.

Meghan probably knew that Diana had two sons but never gave either one of them much thought because, in her everyday life, there was no reason to. Friend calls and sets this up with her and not knowing too much about the actual person himself, Meghan does a bit of homework to be a little bit more informed and can hopefully instigate intelligent conversations should the need arise.

So, I would guesstimate that Meghan knew "of" Prince Harry in a roundabout way but nothing much about Harry, the man.

I’m not sure how them knowing each other’s name or not puts either one of them in a bad light or a good light? Or any light? And we are not basing this on sources here. We have first hand information from the couple.

The couple are back filling. Because of all the inconsistencies they tried to match stories during the engagement interview. Unfortunately that just created more questions.

Not really objective.

Piers Morgan is an awful person who would totally rat out Meghan, he confirmed that she was single and that she was going to meet someone for a date. Its not rocket science.

Also anyone who was plotting to get Prince Harry would never be associated with Piers Morgan, but most Americans only know Piers because he took over the Larry King Live show and he supported gun rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom