Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What contact does Meghan have with her paternal uncle Frederick Markle and his family?

This thread should be renamed Megan Markle: Delusional Family and Background. :lol:

I have no clue what Frederick Markle's relationship is with Meghan but how much in common can a 76 year old man have with his niece that has a very busy life? I don't know what Tom Jr. was smoking but this statement caught my eye from the Daily Fail article (yeps... when it comes to entertaining delusional people, I read it).

"According to Markle Jr, his uncle Frederick, 76, a self-styled bishop who runs his own tiny church in Sanford, Florida, is likely to go to Windsor, whether or not he receives an invitation."

A 76 year old man just showing up in Windsor probably thinking of getting in the chapel anyways? That is not intelligent thinking. Someone should google this pastor and send him the details of what the security is going to be in and around Windsor on the wedding day. :D

Unfortunately, I think the odds are that the crazy and delusional antics of the Markle family is just going to ramp up from here on out.

Read more: Thomas Markle Jr says he is waiting for a royal wedding invite | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

These estranged Markles have no shame. Absolutely none. Every person, who has gone to the press to give interviews about Meghan is showing why they're not in Meghan's life. Tbh, these people come off a bit scary, as in threatening, 'if you don't do as we want you to, watch out, we'll try to embarrass you more than ever'.

We are to believe that? so who was raising her oldest children who are only 5 years younger than Meghan?
Save

Oldest two were brought up at some point by Samantha’s former in laws and it appears they are doing quite well. Samantha’s youngest, Noelle Rasmussen has been brought up by her maternal gran after her early horrendous years living with her mum as a kid. And she’s not doing bad herself, so kudos to her gran, Roslyn.

There’s a lot to be said about a child’s/children formative teenage years, and in my opinion both Doria and Rosyln were not the negative common denominator in their children’s lives.

Last edited:
There’s a lot to be said about a child’s/children formative teenage years, and in my opinion both Doria and Rosyln were not the negative common denominator in their children’s lives.

If that's a comment about Tom Sr being a bad parent, that's quite unfortunate. Meghan has stated how good of an influence BOTH of her parents were to her. I'm not denying that Tom Markle probably wasn't the best dad he could be to his older kids, but he had them quite young. Parenting does get better with age and life experience a lot of times (not knocking young parents at all). And Meghan has turned out quite well. I think it's quite unfair to deny that Tom Markle is also instrumental in how she turned out given everything we've heard from Meghan.

Nicely summed up, Lady Reem. :flowers: Very true.

In fairness to Tom Sr he married young and clueless and that first family did not benefit from his constant presence or care in the same way that Meghan did. We already know that Tom Sr gave Meghan important life guidance which she was likely able to 'hear' because of Doria, and because of the sensitivity being bi-racial demanded of Meghan. In sum, just a very different life experience created a very different woman. Message to everyone: look carefully before you leap into making babies with anyone! :ermm:

Men who up and leave a young family usually never have a good track record in parenting and being a permanent factor around a second family. I am not saying that was the case with Mr Markle Snr. But I do wonder about that Ninaki Priddy video clip of Meghan during her teenage years and has she drove past his home she stated her relationship with him was estranged and that she wouldn’t stop by, what she described as “his house”. Even now, he appears to have locked him away for quite some time as a “recluse” far away from his children and the world, so who knows?:sad:

Last edited:
If that's a comment about Tom Sr being a bad parent, that's quite unfortunate. Meghan has stated how good of an influence BOTH of her parents were to her. I'm not denying that Tom Markle probably wasn't the best dad he could be to his older kids, but he had them quite young. Parenting does get better with age and life experience a lot of times (not knocking young parents at all). And Meghan has turned out quite well. I think it's quite unfair to deny that Tom Markle is also instrumental in how she turned out given everything we've heard from Meghan.

I read some people try to portray Rosyln as a reason Sam & Tom Jr are the way they are and I am simply saying I do not believe that to be the case and gave my reasons why. I’d thank you not to put words in my mouth.

Everyone here has an opinion, I have mine.

According Meghan (via the Vanity Fair article)

Markle says, “What’s so incredible, you know, is that my parents split up when I was two, [but] I never saw them fight. We would still take vacations together. My dad would come on Sundays to drop me off, and we’d watch
Jeopardy!
eating dinner on TV trays, the three of us. . . . We were still so close-knit.
--------------------
So I believe Tom and Doria have/had an amicable relationship while jointly raising their daughter. It goes without saying (cause we can see the pictures) that at some point Meghan has been around her half siblings. I think Samantha is stretching it a bit to say that she raised Meghan.

ETA:

Yeah, if I was Thomas Jr., I am not sure if I would hold my breath. And of course, he is going to write a book. Yeah, that's going to get you an invitation. Honestly, I think the next time he will see Meghan is at their father's funeral. And I am no means wishing death on her father. I just don't think he will ever see her again. And neither he or Samantha will EVER meet any potential kids.

Last edited:
I read some people try to portray Rosyln as a reason Sam & Tom Jr are the way they are and I am simply saying I do not believe that to be the case and gave my reasons why. I’d thank you not to put words in my mouth.

Everyone here has an opinion, I have mine.

I'm not seeing people here trying to portray Roslyn as a certain type of mother here. In fact, her parenting skills are rather irrelevant as this thread isn't about her children. However, comments like Roslyn and Doria weren't the negative common nominator does make it seem like you are suggesting Tom Sr. was. I'm glad if you are clearing up you weren't suggesting that, as my comments were based on if that was the case.

Prince Harry strikes up a close relationship with Thomas Markle | Daily Mail Online

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meghan-markle-dad-wedding-harry-11658082

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meghan-markle-dad-wedding-harry-11658082

Why is Thomas Markle Snr’ female companion talking to the press about H&M?

How about the Markles don’t say a word to the press / media at all and think about Meghan for once.

Tom Markle’s new female friend being indiscreet here discussing Meghan and Harry’s business with the press:ermm: as well as convey his message that he “misses” his daughter. I wish they’d all stop speaking to the papers and respect Meghan’s privacy. Anyway now she’s getting married I hope he does get to see her since he misses her we’re told.?

Honestly, anything written via the tabloids I would take with a grain of salt. Especially with a source who doesn't know Meghan (nor will she likely know her if she keeps talking).

We are supposed to believe that Thomas Sr., who is a recluse, is all of a sudden talking about his daughter and her relationship with the BRF, with someone he has known for what? Five minutes? A Month? I doubt it.

Tom Markle’s new female friend being indiscreet here discussing Meghan and Harry’s business with the press:ermm: as well as convey his message that he “misses” his daughter. I wish they’d all stop speaking to the papers and respect Meghan’s privacy. Anyway now she’s getting married I hope he does get to see her since he misses her we’re told.?

The makes me scratch my head. I get, that Tom Markle is unable to control Samantha, Tom Jr and all the other Markle clan, when they blab to the press. Samantha and Tom Jr & co are adults, they're not going to listen to Tom Sr. But his friend should be easy to keep from talking, or Tom should not talk to her about Meghan at all. It's just looking to me, that Tom Sr in a way wants to talk to the press too, he just uses this friend to do it. It's a pity, that the Markles cant keep quiet about Meghan at all.

BTW I have always been told (and been of the opinion) that most aspects of character/personality have been set in motion by the teenage years. :ermm: By the time a child reaches 13-14 any issues have to be sorted out by the individual themselves. If they are fortunate they meet with beneficent influences that they are able to receive but by the teenage years they have to have that opening or it's a tough row to hoe. JMO. ;)

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/formative

“formative. Formative is a word that describes something that made you who you are. You might call your adolescence your formative years because that time period had such a strong influence on the rest of your life.”

I realise formative years can be subjective :flowers:

i think these issues will always happen if royals decide to marry 'real' commoners. let's face it, kate was a commoner but lived a very upper class lifestyle, so both her and her family knew how to behave properly by the time she married into the family, as they had long been mixing and mingling in these circles. kate's family had met the queen well in advance of the wedding. most of harry's ex girlfriends (chelsy, cressida) also mingled in these circles, so knew what to do / not do. i am sorry, but most of meghan's family is just not something desirable for the RF. her father and mum behaved beautifully, but the rest is making what should be a formal affair something worthy of cheap tabloids.

You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family.

This is why she seems to be particularly close to her friends as well. They really haven't said a word. Not counting the old friend who sold her out for 30 pieces of gold. Her Suit's coworkers, other than congratulations and words about how happy she is have said nothing.

Is it any wonder why it appears that Meghan is close to her mother. There hasn't been a peep (knock on wood) from her mother (with the exception of that uncle) since this whole relationship began. Not any of Doria's work friends, family (again with the exception of the uncle by marriage). No one.

i think these issues will always happen if royals decide to marry 'real' commoners. let's face it, kate was a commoner but lived a very upper class lifestyle, so both her and her family knew how to behave properly by the time she married into the family, as they had long been mixing and mingling in these circles. kate's family had met the queen well in advance of the wedding. most of harry's ex girlfriends (chelsy, cressida) also mingled in these circles, so knew what to do / not do. i am sorry, but most of meghan's family is just not something desirable for the RF. her father and mum behaved beautifully, but the rest is making what should be a formal affair something worthy of cheap tabloids.

I agree and it also helps that Kate as well as Harry's previous girlfriends are English so they know what dating and marrying the royal family is like. We have coverage of the royals here in the US but let's be honest, its not the same.

I also think that they are receiving a pretty penny to share their news about Meghan and let's face it...its fast and easy (with the exception of selling out your sibling) money. In today's Daily Mail we get an article about Meghan's first kiss and first boyfriend. Until this wedding happens, there will always be someone who is willing to sell their Meghan stories for a pound of flesh. I mean if you are grow up with a girl and she becomes famous later on in life...how much and how hard is it sell pictures of her childhood? Well, not that hard it appears.

If the Markle's continue this constant talking with the media...as I stated before, I don't believe they will never see or speak with Meghan directly again until Tom Sr passes.

Last edited:
Samantha and Thomas Jnr. both left their homes to marry young when Meghan was in kindergarten. Samantha going on about raising Meghan is crap. Her own daughter said they had no interaction with her as she grew up and her mother constantly trash talked her. I remember how Samantha completely trashed Meghan on social media when the news first broke. Her story has changed a lot since then.

Thomas Snr was active in Meghan's life from the jump. He is all over her school years books. That's what makes Samantha so bitter. He was a absentee father in the early years to her. Yes he was very young but it still happened. Meghan benefited from him maturing.

I agree that the next time Meghan will be in the same room as these people will be due to a tragedy on the Markle side. That's it.

Honestly, anything written via the tabloids I would take with a grain of salt. Especially with a source who doesn't know Meghan (nor will she likely know her if she keeps talking).

We are supposed to believe that Thomas Sr., who is a recluse, is all of a sudden talking about his daughter and her relationship with the BRF, with someone he has known for what? Five minutes? A Month? I doubt it.
The Mirror newspaper named and quoted this woman, she could easily sue if it were made up. I don’t believe this paper would go that far. And we have heard nothing to contradict this from the woman in question. But yes papers do make things up but they usually have a way of getting around this without having to quote or name the source.

The makes me scratch my head. I get, that Tom Markle is unable to control Samantha, Tom Jr and all the other Markle clan, when they blab to the press. Samantha and Tom Jr & co are adults, they're not going to listen to Tom Sr. But his friend should be easy to keep from talking, or Tom should not talk to her about Meghan at all. It's just looking to me, that Tom Sr in a way wants to talk to the press too, he just uses this friend to do it. It's a pity, that the Markles cant keep quiet about Meghan at all.

He really desires to walk her down the aisle this time around.;) Maybe he’ll get his wish. Maybe both Meghan’s parents will get the honour of doing so. It is up to her that’s for sure. Anyway my opinion is though her background is varied somewhat, Doria has been a very positive influence on her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the pieces don’t fit for me. I still find it interesting that Harry and Tom sr have never met in person. If it’s true Meghan’s dad has issues in certain social situations, wouldn’t it make things ten times more stressful to not meet your future son in law until the wedding day. Who also happens to be a prince and wedding will be broadcast around the world.

You’d think they’d want to meet up at least once before the actual wedding.

May I suggest that you read through the British nobility thread? There's a whole lot of stories in that thread about nobles and aristocrats behaving badly. Its not a "commoner" or a "elite circle" thing but rather just the way some people and their families are in life.

Meghan's estranged family are deemed unacceptable to be invited to the wedding for the sheer reason that their own actions are unacceptable. The tabloids see them as "easy marks" now and are feasting on them.

Uncle Gary:whistling:

By the way being a member of the aristocracy and in fact all sections of society be it working class or middle class does not preclude anyone from bad behaviour. Yes, even royalty. No one is immune. There’s good and bad all around, that is just a fact.

Meghan’s mum and that side of her family have in the main been exemplary. Meghan always carries herself with dignity. For instance you would never catch her arguing in the streets with a boyfriend. Same can’t be said about one or two of Harry’s so-called well-to-do ex’s though. Meghan is good natured, kind and hardworking with good ethics, always has been. And I certainly wouldn’t hold Meghan responsible for the behaviour of Mr Markles’s much older children from a different marriage. Half/step siblings she wasn’t even brought up with. No, she did not grow up with these much older people.

Last edited:
I don't think the upper class behave any better than these Markles do. There are people behaving badly amongst the higher class, among the royal circles, just like there are among all groups of people.

I like Cressida but just look at her immediate family. Mother married divorced 3 or 4 times. Father in court for all sorts of shady business deals.

Family is family. You can’t pick them.

I'm not seeing people here trying to portray Roslyn as a certain type of mother here. In fact, her parenting skills are rather irrelevant as this thread isn't about her children. However, comments like Roslyn and Doria weren't the negative common nominator does make it seem like you are suggesting Tom Sr. was. I'm glad if you are clearing up you weren't suggesting that, as my comments were based on if that was the case.

Well in case you hadn’t noticed this thread does involve her as much as it involves her children Samantha/Tom who spent important formative years under the ‘care’ of their dad. And how they turned out becoming a major embarrassment, impacting so negatively in Meghan’s life as an adult. With those two frequently vying for press/media attention - all angles as to why they are the way they are, deserves to be looked at, including perspectives provided by their OWN MOTHER AND CHILDREN.

Again, I do not believe Roslyn was the negative factor in the lives of her children. And that’s my right to state so. You can read into that however which way you wish - it is of no concern to me.

Last edited:
I like Cressida but just look at her immediate family. Mother married divorced 3 or 4 times. Father in court for all sorts of shady business deals.

Family is family. You can’t pick them.
Yes, and her half brother Jacobi blabbed to the press about her relationship w/ Harry more than once. Harry’s mother certainly went to the press - cough Morton’s book cough panorama interview. As did his father. What about Sarah who’s been trading on her former Royal status to flog whatever money making scheme she has going for years?
It would be nice if all future Royal’s families were discreet like, for example, Eugenie’s fiancé Jack, but no one can control another adult’s behavior. All Meghan can do is ignore those who are indiscreet and to choose to not associate with those who sell her out.
My guess is that it never occurred to her father that his innocent conversation with a friend would end up in print and that going forward he won’t speak of Meghan to that acquaintance again or perhaps he may choose to end that friendship.

Yes, and her half brother Jacobi blabbed to the press about her relationship w/ Harry more than once. Harry’s mother certainly went to the press - cough Morton’s book cough panorama interview. As did his father. What about Sarah who’s been trading on her former Royal status to flog whatever money making scheme she has going for years?
It would be nice if all future Royal’s families were discreet like, for example, Eugenie’s fiancé Jack, but no one can control another adult’s behavior. All Meghan can do is ignore those who are indiscreet and to choose to not associate with those who sell her out.
My guess is that it never occurred to her father that his innocent conversation with a friend would end up in print and that going forward he won’t speak of Meghan to that acquaintance again or perhaps he may choose to end that friendship.

For me, with the Markle lot it says something when proxies are used to publicly convey messages and stories relating to H&M to the tabloid press, as in the case of Mr Markle Snr and his new female friend. It speaks to a completely different level. Which is rather a shame.

i think Meghan’s mom and dad handle it well. He had a nice little retired life going in Mexico and now his family is famous. It’s not easy.

Well in case you hadn’t noticed this thread does involve her as much as it involves her children Samantha/Tom who spent important formative years under the ‘care’ of their dad. And how they turned out becoming a major embarrassment, impacting so negatively in Meghan’s life as an adult.

When children are shipped off to another parent in the teenage years it usually means there is some problem. :sad: One parent is despairing so the other picks up the slack. It doesn't always work. What comes through the door is a problem for the different parent as much as it was for the other. What starts coming out in the 13-14 year range has everything to do with what came before. JMO based on my experience.

Again, I do not believe Roslyn was the negative factor in the lives of her children. And that’s my right to state so. You can read into that however which way you wish - it is of no concern to me.

It is fruitless to try to suss out where the 'problem' originated, who is 'to blame'. Some people have unusual traits from the get-go. Some are throwbacks (it can seem).

No one can control how someone reacts. That's the base line. What is that quote about 'burnt to bitterness or refined to gold'? We make choices how we will deal with what comes to us. Pure and simple.

Point well made. ;)

Well in case you hadn’t noticed this thread does involve her as much as it involves her children Samantha/Tom who spent important formative years under the ‘care’ of their dad. And how they turned out becoming a major embarrassment, impacting so negatively in Meghan’s life as an adult. With those two frequently vying for press/media attention - all angles as to why they are the way they are, deserves to be looked at, including perspectives provided by their OWN MOTHER AND CHILDREN.

Quite frankly, we don’t know why Tom and Samantha turned out the way they do. Children become their own individual person once they grow up. There is a reason why some people become the black sheep of the family and some can turn out good despite the rest of their family. At some point, everyone has to take responsibility for their own lives and not blame the parents. There are also disputed accounts as to if Samantha lived as long with her father as she claimed to be. She certainly has proven to be an unreliable source of information on her best days based on what everyone else in her family has said about. I couldn’t careless as to why they turned out the way they did because Meghan DOESN’T care much for them or consider them family and because Meghan didn’t turn out that way. But by Meghan’s own account, her father has been instrumental in shaping her to be the person she became in the valuable lessons he passed on to her. And for that, I tip my hat off to him. It’s convenient how what meghan has said about her father gets left off when people want to give Doria all the credit, which is ironic because Meghan’s opinion on her father as a father is really the only that matters. Doria certainly deserves a lot of credit as a mother, but by her own daughter’s words, it was not an unequal partnership in raising their only child.

And you can have whatever opinion you want to have. I’m not interested in debating if you think he’s not a good father. Just want to point out facts.

Last edited:
Thomas Snr and Rosyln married young and went through it. Per an interview with Rosyln she explained she basically raised "Yvonne" aka Samantha and Thomas on her own for years. It wasn't until they were pre-teens that Thomas came back into the picture and by then he had matured and was doing better for himself. So they decided to have them stay with him more regularly.

It was during this time Rosalyn was able to get herself in a more stable situation. Around that time is when Doria and eventually Meghan also came into the picture and from what is said from various family members, Samantha didn't take a new little daughter being in the picture very well. Samantha and Thomas Jnr both moved out and married young as well. Meghan was about 5 years old when Samantha had her 1st child.

Both her oldest kids were raised by their paternal grandparents. And her youngest now lives with Rosyln and seems happy. ALL her kids want nothing to do with her. That says a lot. And then Thomas Jnr is in the same boat with his two sons. They don't even have the Markle last name because his ex wanted nothing to do with him.

So Samantha and Thomas Jnr can both shove it. They so obsessed with the grown sister they barely know instead of fixing their relationships with their own kids. And for the record, I do think Thomas Snr is a push over and easily manipulated by his kids. More than one have insinuated as much. That is why I think Meghan keeps him at a distance because she knows that he comes with the others and she rather not no matter how much she loves him.

Last edited:
Since I do not have a degree in psychology and do not know any of these people I am not going to blame mummy or daddy.

There comes a time in everyone's life when we are responsible for ourselves. We are the product of our parents, home life, classroom, playground and choices.

We have chosen to be decent, or not. We have decided to be happy, or not. And most of all we have discovered that life is not fair. It is how we face our life, own the choices we make and even in adversity allow for the possibility of happiness that matters.

Photos of Meghan with both her father and her mother bear out her truth, that she loves her parents and was loved by her parents. That is all that matters.

The facts are that each of her extended family all had their own lives and Meghan kept in touch with each of her parents, probably by Skype or some such. To the rest of the family, she was irrelevant as they were all living their own lives miles and years distant from her. Then bang, Meghan's dating a Prince and they all want a piece of the action, even an ex-sister-in-law she hasn't seen for twenty years.

The only people whose hands are not publically out are her parents Daria and Tom. I respect Meghan's decision to love and believe in her parents. Under the circumstances, everyone else is irrelevant.

^ Amen ^

Beyond the age of 25, 'proper' adulthood, it is inadequate and a bit pathetic to blame ones 'childhood' or others for defects in character or behaviour..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom