Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He should've understood that he opened that Pandora's Box with his very first interview. That's how the media operates, they build someone up and then tears them down. If you want to put yourself out there for a buck, they are bound to dig for some dirt. EVERYONE has some dirt in their past in one form or another.

And really? He's whining about this? What about Meghan? Who, since November 2016, has been completely exploited by her much older half-siblings for money? She pays the price of being humiliated publicly by their actions when she has done nothing but conduct herself in a respectable manner. She can't even respond to the things they've said about her. What that means is that Samantha and Tom Jr has been able to say whatever they wish about her and she can't defend herself against it. Talk about taking candy away from a child. They've got the better end of the deal in terms of unfair coverage if you ask me.

And yes, if you haven't spoken to someone in years and they don't have your contact information, I'd say you are simply a distant relative and she doesn't really know you. And given that he basically threatened Meghan with embarrassment in his own words to his attorney, I'd say Meghan has been more than fair to them.

Last edited:
I'm sure that no one is blocking Meghan from coming back at her half siblings. She's just wise enough to know that these people are who they are and the worse thing she could do in this kind of a situation is pay them any kind of attention. She's said it herself that what people say about her that don't really know her is "noise" and she prefers to block that out.

People like Samantha and Tom Jr. can whine and moan and speak their pieces to the press however much they want to and get paid for it. The fact that one of them is now complaining about not being left alone by airing it in yet another public interview (paid too most likely) is that their main aim is not to be left alone to get on with their lives but to get Meghan, herself, to pay them some attention they feel they deserve.

Because of the way things went, because Meghan has made something of herself, is successful and is now marrying into one of the most famous families on this earth, these siblings feel an entitlement by a very thin thread. The wedding will come and go and Harry and Meghan will sail on into their new lives and press interest in Sam and Tom Jr. will die. 15 minutes of fame is fleeting.

I'm sure that no one is blocking Meghan from coming back at her half siblings. She's just wise enough to know that these people are who they are and the worse thing she could do in this kind of a situation is pay them any kind of attention. She's said it herself that what people say about her that don't really know her is "noise" and she prefers to block that out.

No one is blocking her from coming back, but it is expected for her position. And I completely understand why she doesn't do it because all the back and forth would only generate more attention. And of course, there is no need to stoop to their level. And clearly, Tom Jr. understands that Meghan is in a difficult position with public embarrassment and all that, hence his comment basically threatening to embarrass her publicly.

And really, what does he expect Meghan to do? His own lawyer told him it's a difficult case. Meghan and Harry, and the entire BRF for that matter, doesn't control the press. The press often runs inflammatory stories about Meghan, and all she can do is basically take it unless it's defamatory.

It's interesting that they are both claiming to be so close to her growing up, yet neither of them bothered to go to her first wedding. So it does seem extremely opportunistic of them to come out and claim how much they love her now.

Bottom line is he threatened her with public embarrassment. I don't know if Meghan knew before she told the Palace that they are just distant relatives, but she obviously made the right decision.

Last edited:
They both whine about the media twisting their words and invading their privacy when they invite it in constantly. Neither one has seen Meghan in years. I am glad she ignoring them and the palace is backing her and was backing her as far back as October when they weren't even engaged yet.

So he was trying to get money from Meghan so he can start a new life............................. I seriously doubt any real KP lawyers would quote Meghan statements to some podunk lawyer that Tom has.

Here's the deal.

There will always be interest in Samantha and Tom Jr. because of their relationship to Meghan. It will continue to be a frenzy right up to the wedding because who doesn't love a scandal (particularly the tabloids). It does have the potential to die down after the wedding but it really depends on Tom and Samantha. But let's face it...they have shown no desire to step away from the limelight.

How hard is to say no comment? How hard it is to stop selling stories about your half sister? Whether they had a good relationship or not, its really not that hard. It would not surprise me at all if they hadn't made a pretty penny for selling out their sister. They appear to be completely disgenuous regarding about their plight with the media. Personally, if this email is true...I don't blame the Palace. Once you let the horses out of the stable, its hard to put them back in.

If you want people to stop harassing you....stop talking. Eventually they will either make their own assumptions or just stop bothering you altogether.

So he was trying to get money from Meghan so he can start a new life............................. I seriously doubt any real KP lawyers would quote Meghan statements to some podunk lawyer that Tom has.

They are grown ups trying to claim a relationship with MM when she was a BABY. They both are 15+ years older and living their own lives. Are we to believe they where close when he lived in Washington and she lived in Florida?

Here's the deal.

There will always be interest in Samantha and Tom Jr. because of their relationship to Meghan. It will continue to be a frenzy right up to the wedding because who doesn't love a scandal (particularly the tabloids). It does have the potential to die down after the wedding but it really depends on Tom and Samantha. But let's face it...they have shown no desire to step away from the limelight.

How hard is to say no comment? How hard it is to stop selling stories about your half sister? Whether they had a good relationship or not, its really not that hard. It would not surprise me at all if they hadn't made a pretty penny for selling out their sister. They appear to be completely disgenuous regarding about their plight with the media. Personally, if this email is true...I don't blame the Palace. Once you let the horses out of the stable, its hard to put them back in.

If you want people to stop harassing you....stop talking. Eventually they will either make their own assumptions or just stop bothering you altogether.
I completely agree. This is a problem of their own making. If any one is vulnerable here, it's the people in Meghan's inner circle. Her mom and even her close friends. We know her mom faced problems when the news of the relationship and the engagement broke, but because she has refused to give into the feeding frenzy, the media has mostly left her alone now. Jessica has also not commented on anything. I believe they started calling her home when this the engagement happened and the press realized Jessica is quite involved with what Meghan wore and took that as a sign that she's someone that has Meghan's ear, and Ben Mulroney made it clear that Jessica has no intention of speaking about this. Those are the prime example of how you keep going on with your life and they just go away.

Jessica, along with Lindsay Jill Roth and Meghan's Suits cast mate, all walk a fine line because they are in the media and have to get in front of reporters at some point due to their own work, yet they manage to be respectful and not give media a complete train wreck to fest on. If you court them, of course they are going to come back for more "exclusives".

Last edited:
He basically is demanding money so he can start an animal sanctuary in the countryside, according to him. Meghan is rightfully saying 'I don't know him', and he has tried to use blackmail (I'll give more interviews if she doesn't pay up). His lawyer doesn't see a court case, and according to the lawyer hasn't lost any money due to the 'press intrusion'.

But he cleared up one thing: He isn't getting an invitation to the wedding, and he doesn't have any contact details to get in touch with Meghan.

... It doesn't look like Meghan has had contact with any of them since she attended Samantha's graduation - although if sam graduated on time then Meghan would have been what - 3? 4?

I believe the reference is to Samantha's late-in-life graduation. Meghan is supposed to be the first in her family on both sides to have graduated from college. There's a picture Samantha recently released showing Meghan as an adult crouching down next to Samantha who's apparently sitting in a wheelchair. Samantha is wearing a cap and gown and holding a diploma. It appears to be around mid-2000s or thereabouts, well before Meghan auditioned for Suits (which was in 2010).
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2018...mantha_s_graduation_in_-a-5_1515607698737.jpg

In the below DF article, Samantha's youngest daughter (Noelle Rasmussen) reveals in a video interview, her mother Samantha's abusive behavior. Noelle also details Samantha's deep-seated bitterness toward Meghan. In addition, Noelle indicates that Samantha often received money from Tom Sr which Samantha squandered recklessly and irresponsibly. If true, how ironic it is for Samantha to be so fixated on what someone else needs to be doing for Tom Sr.
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4384654/My-mom-Meghan-Markle-s-sister-hates-Harry-s-girl.html

In the below video, Camilla Tominey aptly says the following when the subject is brought up about Meghan's troublesome family and whether the royals had any issues: "Well, looking at this couple you'd think 'What could an American actress and a British prince possibly have in common?' And then you realize that they're both from thermonuclear families, and they've got a lot in common indeed." :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH, the thing that jumped out at me about the emails between the brother and his lawyer was the way his lawyer was egging him on, clearly in pursuit of a paycheque.

This means that doing a case like this on contingency would require me to think really hard about whether I want to do it. This is another reason why we would want your sisters[sic] financial help if we had to bring legal Action[sic].

You may be "distant" but she should also empathize with you.

I think the lawyer can spot someone with questionable decision-making skills just as quickly as the press was able to.

With that said, Tom Markle Jr. is someone who waited exactly 3 days after the news broke before opening his yap to the Daily Fail. His son waited 6 days to start spilling Meghan's purported Christmas plans. The brother gave an exclusive to Grazia 16 days after the news broke, and he and his son gave an exclusive to the Fail, complete with private family photos, 22 days after the news broke.

If someone spent that much energy to be a participant of the running of the bulls, we'd think it was ridiculous for them to, mid-run, start appealing to the city council of Pamplona for help calling the bulls off.

The press are bulls and Tom Markle Jr put himself squarely in the middle of his own misfortune. It may have been because he needed the money, it may have been because he wasn't good at assessing the risk of talking to the press, but no-one forced him to dig out those photos or pick up the phone.

It's despicable that he's now threatening his sister with embarrassing stories when he wouldn't need her help if he'd kept his mouth shut instead of chasing money and his 15 minutes.

TBH, the thing that jumped out at me about the emails between the brother and his lawyer was the way his lawyer was egging him on, clearly in pursuit of a paycheque.

I think the lawyer can spot someone with questionable decision-making skills just as quickly as the press was able to.

With that said, Tom Markle Jr. is someone who waited exactly 3 days after the news broke before opening his yap to the Daily Fail. His son waited 6 days to start spilling Meghan's purported Christmas plans. The brother gave an exclusive to Grazia 16 days after the news broke, and he and his son gave an exclusive to the Fail, complete with private family photos, 22 days after the news broke.

If someone spent that much energy to be a participant of the running of the bulls, we'd think it was ridiculous for them to, mid-run, start appealing to the city council of Pamplona for help calling the bulls off.

The press are bulls and Tom Markle Jr put himself squarely in the middle of his own misfortune. It may have been because he needed the money, it may have been because he wasn't good at assessing the risk of talking to the press, but no-one forced him to dig out those photos or pick up the phone.

It's despicable that he's now threatening his sister with embarrassing stories when he wouldn't need her help if he'd kept his mouth shut instead of chasing money and his 15 minutes.

I highly doubt he would even try to take the paparazzi to court or fight them within the law. He just wants money. Either by his 'animal sanctuary' plea, or 'evil tabloids, must fight them' plea. Why on earth has he acquired a lawyer to contact his estranged sister? Because he thinks that way it's more threatening, and legit, than just him trying to contact her to get money.

I also HIGHLY doubt Meghan's lawyer advised them to try to contact Meghan directly. This is the only type of lawyer who Tom Jr was able to get, not legit or particularly good, just looking for the fastest way to get money.

I highly doubt he would even try to take the paparazzi to court or fight them within the law. He just wants money. Either by his 'animal sanctuary' plea, or 'evil tabloids, must fight them' plea. Why on earth has he acquired a lawyer to contact his estranged sister? Because he thinks that way it's more threatening, and legit, than just him trying to contact her to get money.

I also HIGHLY doubt Meghan's lawyer advised them to try to contact Meghan directly. This is the only type of lawyer who Tom Jr was able to get, not legit or particularly good, just looking for the fastest way to get money.

From what I read, to me it sounded like the lawyer was trying in a very nice and professional way to tell Tom that he didn't want to touch this with a 10 foot pole. Unless Tom had the backing of Meghan and the Palace, the case doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell. He also pointed out that as Tom has profited from the "evil media", it would be a hard case to present and win. With telling Tom he needed to contact Meghan himself, he was stating that no lawyers were going to do that for him and that it was up to him to appeal to Meghan himself. Obviously, Tom Jr. doesn't have Meghan's contact information.

Its amazing how relatives come out of the woodwork when there's a success in the family and they feel they can profit by it. I would wager my last banana that should it have happened that Meghan had somehow found herself in dire straits and reached out to either Sam or Tom Jr. appealing for aid, they'd be quick to tell her she's not really "family" and brush her off without a second thought.

I'm just relieved that these people don't seem to be on the invitation list. Meghan doesn't need this sort of people in her life.

He complains about the press but he has the Daily Mail on speed dial? From the letters he comments on how he embarrasses his distant half sister yet tells the lawyer he will continue to do so. He is has no money, yet has money to retain a lawyer. He wants help with the press but for some reason that help includes helping him set up an animal rescue business.

I also doubt any high priced lawyer would directly quote Meghan or even converse with these people who are clearly running a scam. Their story is highly suspect. Since they could not scam money out of the Palace they sold their story for money and also so they can embarrass Meghan.

They are embarrassing themselves....not Meghan as she has had no ties with these people for years. As a matter if fact, the antics of Samantha and Tom Jr are proving why Meghan has no relationship with either of them.

Why then are these links posted?

Good question ! Since we are ALL agreed that Ms Markle has [and has had] NOTHING to do with these people for aeons why do we need to give them 'column inches' ?

Maybe a specific thread called "As The Stomach Churns" would be appropriate for the ongoing soap opera that is Meghan's estranged family (with the emphasis put on strange). Somewhere else preferably in a message forum far, far away. :D

I've deleted the off-topic discussion about Harry and Meghan's future children. Let's stay on-topic, please.

He basically is demanding money so he can start an animal sanctuary in the countryside, according to him. Meghan is rightfully saying 'I don't know him', and he has tried to use blackmail (I'll give more interviews if she doesn't pay up). His lawyer doesn't see a court case, and according to the lawyer hasn't lost any money due to the 'press intrusion'.

I have been trying to find a post that seemed to quote Meghan saying that the step-brother and step-sister are 'distant family' who she does not know. I can't find the post. Does anyone know about that quote and it's context? :ermm: It sounded like it was being relayed through KP.

I could see where there were rare visits at which a photo or two were taken, but that's it. Meghan may not even recall the visits with her step-siblings when she was little (even though there are snap shots). If the step-siblings were not around during her elementary and high school years it's totally understandable that she views them as strangers.

Nothing was relayed through KP. Tom Markle Jnr chose to disclose emails from his lawyer on a site called InTouch which shows that everything conveyed to him has been through his own legal representatives. That's where the supposed Meghan quote came from.

Meghan Markle's Half-Brother Tom Markle Said She Ignored Him - In Touch Weekly

Thank you, Curryong. :flowers:

So here is the quote from the article: My lawyer had a phone meeting with her lawyer, and he emailed me some of [Meghan’s] direct words. She said, ‘That’s distant family and I don’t know those people.That’s pretty harsh," Tom tells In Touch, calling it "a slap in the face" and "below the belt."

I guess we cannot know if it is accurate or not. I could understand her seeing the situation that way actually, but I also think that nothing the two Markle step-siblings say should be viewed as reliable. The sooner the tabloid press refuses to give them air-space the better. Its a side show. :sad:

So here is the quote from the article: My lawyer had a phone meeting with her lawyer, and he emailed me some of [Meghan’s] direct words. She said, ‘That’s distant family and I don’t know those people.That’s pretty harsh," Tom tells In Touch, calling it "a slap in the face" and "below the belt."

I guess we cannot know if it is accurate or not. I could understand her seeing the situation that way actually, but I also think that nothing the two Markle step-siblings say should be viewed as reliable. The sooner the tabloid press refuses to give them air-space the better. Its a side show. :sad:

Personally I have no issue, if Meghan had told her lawyer, exactly what this third hand narrative claims she said. Tom Jr has been trying to get money out of Meghan for one reason or another for months, even though they've not been in any contact for years (7?). Meghan is right, she doesn't know these people, they're DNA related, that's it.

This revelation from Tom Jr imho just revealed some interesting tidbits. Meghan and her close kit are very careful about who has her contact info, and Meghan has a good head on her shoulders about family sob stories. Also, there has been A LOT going on bts with Meghan lawyer etc with tabloids, horrible 'family' members, ex friends etc. I think a lot of nonsense has been stopped by her lawyer these past months.

If you read the documents in the article it is kind of indirect. The lawyer said "I can't help you as long as your sister is saying 'That is distant family', you need to talk to her." I don't think it is a direct quote but basically the sense they got when they were shut down by her people. And good for her.

This revelation from Tom Jr imho just revealed some interesting tidbits. Meghan and her close kit are very careful about who has her contact info, and Meghan has a good head on her shoulders about family sob stories. Also, there has been A LOT going on bts with Meghan lawyer etc with tabloids, horrible 'family' members, ex friends etc. I think a lot of nonsense has been stopped by her lawyer these past months.

I agree. Per the emails this started before they were even engaged. Harry mentioned in his infamous statement about the "nightly legal battles" so they have been doing a lot since the start and I am sure they put a stop to a lot of nonsense attempted by so called family and ex friends trying to make a buck.

Just want to point out the interesting timing this is all coming out. These emails are dated late October and early November. Tom Jr. has done interviews since then, and he was already aware of this situation, yet no mention of it until now.

We will never know the truth, but that may be she does not want to have a relation with them for many reasons, She grew up with them, as it was stated by photos and Christmas together. I can understand that may be when she became famous and with money , may be they were asking for money and help, and you can help your siblings or half siblings but at one point enough is enough, specially when you do nothing to get yourself better. If she really said that, I don't think it was nice because what ever happen when they became adults and they became distant, they still grew up together. Although I can understand it is an embarrassment for her to have this halve siblings doing all this scandals!

Meghan Markle: Family and Background

We will never know the truth, but that may be she does not want to have a relation with them for many reasons, She grew up with them, as it was stated by photos and Christmas together. I can understand that may be when she became famous and with money , may be they were asking for money and help, and you can help your siblings or half siblings but at one point enough is enough, specially when you do nothing to get yourself better. If she really said that, I don't think it was nice because what ever happen when they became adults and they became distant, they still grew up together. Although I can understand it is an embarrassment for her to have this halve siblings doing all this scandals!

The big misconception here is that Meghan grew up with Sam and Tom jr., they did not. Tom sr. and Doria were divorced when Meghan was six years old. Her half siblings were well into there twenties and was not around. Sam was already married to her first husband and had her first child around that time, whereas Tom jr. moved out to live with his mother. The only contact between Meghan, Sam & Tom jr., took place at their grandmother’s home and that was mainly during the summer.

Last edited:

I'm not sure how someone "grew up" together with people that are 16 and 14 years older than her and have children that close to her in age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom