Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are talking about a woman who called her half sister a social climber, claimed that the royal family would be appalled by Meghan, and that Meghan abandoned her because she was a wheelchair, but now is saying she’s proud of Meghan all the while selling Meghan out to anyone who will listen. Talk about flip flopping.

The wedding invitations for Megan's side of the family will be an interesting read.

Not really, she did not invite them to her first wedding, I look for a repeat of that here too. The only two people I am sure will be there are her mom and dad, outside of that I would not count on anyone else being there. Maybe her lawyer cousin since they are on good speaking terms, outside of that I am not sure I would invite anyone else if I were her.

We are talking about a woman who called her half sister a social climber, claimed that the royal family would be appalled by Meghan, and that Meghan abandoned her because she was a wheelchair, but now is saying she’s proud of Meghan all the while selling Meghan out to anyone who will listen. Talk about flip flopping.

A leopard can’t change its spots (no disrespect to leopards).

I don't think that Meghan has to set any stories straight. It's pretty clear that the people who are talking and giving information to the media are those people she is no longer close to or have contact with.

It will become even more clear in the months and years ahead, the family members who are chosen to be at the future events in Meghan`s life will be only those she an trust. The wedding invitations for Megan's side of the family will be an interesting read.

It would be nice if Meghan did set the story straight. There is so much gossip as fact tales running rampant on social media and forums. So many individuals and tabloids who never, admittingly, met Meghan are telling stories about her past and passing it off as fact.

It is sad really. Her sister with her wishy-washy behavior isn't helping either which is also sad.

Harry and Meghan don't deserve all of this. Hopefully it will all pass soon.

It would be nice if Meghan did set the story straight. There is so much gossip as fact tales running rampant on social media and forums. So many individuals and tabloids who never, admittingly, met Meghan are telling stories about her past and passing it off as fact.

It is sad really. Her sister with her wishy-washy behavior isn't helping either which is also sad.

Harry and Meghan don't deserve all of this. Hopefully it will all pass soon.

The last thing Meghan or Harry should do is acknowledge her, that's what she wants. Just let her keep going until everyone else is tired of her eventually. You noticed she has no recent photos of Meghan, that right there tells you everything you need to know. "When someone go low, you go high," and just let them make a fool of themselves. The only folks who are buying what she is selling are folks who already did not like Meghan and looking for confimation. Everyone else can see exactly what is going on, we all have someone like that in our family. I know I have a couple of those in mine. I stay far away from them, I stopped going to big family gathering because of them. I do go to the ones I know they are not invited though.

Last edited:
Two reasons why there has not been too serious a pushback on Sam: one, her stories are click bait and uptick in circulation; two, the media is afraid it looks like a villian if they go after a wheelchair bound woman with an illness. But Samantha will not be able to use her disability as a shield for long. The more exposure Sam gets, the bigger the chance there will be more fact checking of her claims. The last thing Sam wants is CNN airing out her dirty laundry. That's global exposure in the legitimate press. She's selling herself as the dutiful daughter and Meghan as the spoiled brat. Anything that undercuts that storyline kills book deals and other money making schemes.

Samantha's own daughter spoke out against her.

Meghan Markle feud – Suits star's niece on why mum Samantha Grant hates her 'pushy sister'

That adds to her mother, brother, and nephews. No one in that family seems to take her seriously and see her for what she is. Honestly so does the media. She is just click bait and an easy story about Meghan that they can ride until May 19th.

The last thing Meghan or Harry should do is acknowledge her, that's what she wants. Just let her keep going until everyone else is tired of her eventually. You noticed she has no recent photos of Meghan, that right there tells you everything you need to know. "When someone go low, you go high," and just let them make a fool of themselves. The only folks who are buying what she is selling are folks who already did not like Meghan and looking for confimation. Everyone else can see exactly what is going on, we all have someone like that in our family. I know I have a couple of those in mine. I stay far away from them, I stopped going to big family gathering because of them. I do go to the ones I know they are not invited though.

That is not what I am saying.

As I said before, there is so much gossip as fact tales running rampant on social media and forums. So many individuals and tabloids who never, admittingly, met Meghan are telling stories about her past and passing it off as fact.

If she told her story about her life individuals and the tabloids would stop spreading rumors, hearsay and passing it off as truth.

?

Last edited:
I would hardly call Samantha "wishy washy". She just uses her mouth as her brain goes and whatever she may be paid by the press. Meghan needs to keep a major distance between herself and Samantha and Tom Jr.

That is not what I am saying.

As I said before, there is so much gossip as fact tales running rampant on social media and forums. So many individuals and tabloids who never, admittingly, met Meghan are telling stories about her past and passing it off as fact.

If she told her story about her life individuals and the tabloids would stop spreading rumors, hearsay and passing it off as truth.

?
If you have to respond to everything that are said on social media or the tabloids then you have lost your mind. The people who buys tabloids and write or participate on those social media conversations were never going to support her to begin with. They are just looking to confirm their own biases and the tabloids and social media provide an avenue for that.

No human can get 100% supports on anything. We are lucking if we can get 60%, so no, let the tabloids and social media folks have their fun.

Responding to the Markles keeps this one sided beef going. I'm surprised Sam is not feuding with her dad. Sam and Jr sold to the press that Tom Sr would be hurt by Harry's family she never had comment. Dad side on record Harry.is a gentleman and is happy for them. Sr just undercuts his older children.

Samantha reached new lows going after Doria. Samantha and Meghan haven't been in contact for a decade by Samantha's own admission. If Meghan wanted that contact, she, a 36 year old woman, could easily call Samantha. She hasn't. Doria has not sold out Meghan, and clearly has a great relationship with Meghan, and gets along wonderfully with Harry, per Harry's own words. That must annoy Samantha, so she's lashing out at Doria and Meghan. Samantha also knows, that going after Doria will give her new fresh headlines, more attention, a few more interviews. 2 days from now she'll be trashing misleading tabloids on her twitter.

Samantha reached new lows going after Doria. Samantha and Meghan haven't been in contact for a decade by Samantha's own admission. If Meghan wanted that contact, she, a 36 year old woman, could easily call Samantha. She hasn't. Doria has not sold out Meghan, and clearly has a great relationship with Meghan, and gets along wonderfully with Harry, per Harry's own words. That must annoy Samantha, so she's lashing out at Doria and Meghan. Samantha also knows, that going after Doria will give her new fresh headlines, more attention, a few more interviews. 2 days from now she'll be trashing misleading tabloids on her twitter.
It's a strategic move by Samantha. She has gotten nowhere or no response from Meghan, so her next best play is to try to force a reaction from Meghan by attacking someone Meghan obviously care about. She wants a response from Harry or Meghan so she can milk her time some more. I am glad they are ignoring her, let her keep talking until everyone eventually gets tired of her.

I am confused by the video of Meghan's nephews...isn't Dooley (as in Tom Dooley) the son of Thomas Markle's Sr ex wife, subsequent relationship?

I am confused by the video of Meghan's nephews...isn't Dooley (as in Tom Dooley) the son of Thomas Markle's Sr ex wife, subsequent relationship?

I am pretty sure Thomas III and Tyler are both Thomas Jr.'s sons. Not sure why they have a different last names but I assume they took their step father's name or it is their mother's maiden name? Interesting though.

If you have to respond to everything that are said on social media or the tabloids then you have lost your mind. The people who buys tabloids and write or participate on those social media conversations were never going to support her to begin with. They are just looking to confirm their own biases and the tabloids and social media provide an avenue for that.

No human can get 100% supports on anything. We are lucking if we can get 60%, so no, let the tabloids and social media folks have their fun.

The problem with that is the rumors and hearsay get trickled down to forums such as this one, for example. Thus it will be talked about and articles linked to tabloids such as the Daily Mail.

Not to long ago I read a comment in one of the threads on this forum in which a member questioned whether or not Mr. Markle would walk Meghan down the aisle. Days later I read the same question in a magazine. From there it was mentioned on E! news and other television shows.

For years the Royal Forums has always been known as the leading place where individuals can talk about royalty, their family members, and friends in a respectful manner. Comments were backed up with facts from reliable sources and not tabloids. As time moves on I noticed more gossipy articles have creeped in.

Before her marriage to Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark a then Mary Donaldson participated in a documentary in which she spoke about her past and life. In participating in the documentary it stopped all the gossip and rumors about her. Mette-Marit before her marriage in a press conference spoke about her past as well. I know the British royal family works in a different manner than those on the European continent, but perhaps participating in a televised or print interview it would lay to rest the rumors about Meghan's past.

For those of us who are seriously interested in royalty, especially the British royal family and now Meghan, I would like to know the facts about her life leading up to meeting Prince Harry. What is the point discussing and passing on links to tabloid articles about Meghan's niece who says her Mom, Samantha, is jealous of her soon-to-be royal sister? To say her sister is envious? How does that add to learning more about Meghan's life prior to meeting the prince?
What is the point of discussing Tom Markle, Jr's personal issues along with his fiancee getting arreseted? What does that have to do with Meghan and her life growing up?

I don't know, call me an old fashion royal watcher who is honestly interested in reading factual evidence and not tabloid articles that can be found on Perez Hilton or Oh No They Didn't.

?

Last edited:
The best response is when the invitations go out and it's confirmed that Samantha is not invited to the wedding. The media will rerun her interviews, tweets, and get on the record statements from family to have the public draw its own conclusions. If the daughter was abused there should be records. In some jurisdictions in the US doctors and others professionals who work with children are required to report suspected abuse. If documents on the abuse were to go public that will be it for Sam. That is one thing no one will forgive.

Last edited:
I think the debacle that was Charles and Diana's marriage has taught the BRF anything it is that the moment you cave and give them an interview it's the thin edge of the wedge. Nothing is cleared up, nothing is explained and the media constantly want more.

For those of us who are seriously interested in royalty, especially the British royal family and now Meghan, I would like to know the facts about her life leading up to meeting Prince Harry. What is the point discussing and passing on links to tabloid articles about Meghan's niece who says her Mom, Samantha, is jealous of her soon-to-be royal sister?

Time and again discussions and article links to Samantha’s negative take on Meghan have been posted without objections raised. In any case, since this is supposed to be ‘family and background’ thread relating to Meghan I would have thought (an article link posted in which Samantha yet again goes after Meghan, as well as Meghan’s mother this time around,) that an article from the the same newspaper in which another relative of Meghan’s tries to shed some light on why Samantha says the things she does about Meghan, should be ok. I see it has providing more of an insight which helps balance things out. I’m not sure it will be seen as fair that articles relating to what the half-sister says - are linked to without objections raised. And yet issue is taken whenever articles from the same newspaper about Meghan’s other relative(s) providing different views are posted. The Daily Mail is a national newspaper, not a tabloid, and links about Samantha’s take on all things Meghan are mainly drawn from its online version.

Last edited:
Sigh. So much unnecessary drama, hearsay and gossip published by known tabloids.

One day I hope Meghan will set the story straight, if she every does another sit down interview, once she becomes an official member of the royal family.

To be honest, I think Meghan probably has so many other things to think about and do than to take time and energy to give any kind of attention to the crapola that is being presented in tabloids and attention seeking methods of people that just happen to be related to her. She's said before that she's learned to shut the "noise" out as unwanted and gets on with her life.

Its obvious to me that those that would sell stories to the media demeaning Meghan are cashing in on Meghan's coattails and what they're really hoping for is for Meghan to acknowledge them. "Setting the story straight" would be playing right into their hands and I seriously believe that Meghan knows better than to do that.

I don't know, call me an old fashion royal watcher who is honestly interested in reading factual evidence and not tabloid articles that can be found on Perez Hilton or Oh No They Didn't.

?

I understand where you're coming from, but I think it is best to know everything that is being said.
The articles are not going away, and those of us who follow the BRF are quite adept at spotting which ones are credible, and which are not.

If all Samantha can produce are pictures and photos from Meghan's childhood, the public will soon get bored.
The media reflects the public interest.
So Samantha's time is running out.

I think the debacle that was Charles and Diana's marriage has taught the BRF anything it is that the moment you cave and give them an interview it's the thin edge of the wedge. Nothing is cleared up, nothing is explained and the media constantly want more.

Agreed. Also, while Samantha is blabbing on and on.... Meghan and Harry are planning their wedding and doing official work. They not thinking about her like that. I am sure they are aware of everything being said and done but they not giving her any attention and that is good. She just not worth the time.

I do hope we see some of the Ragland side of the family at the wedding. Can't wait to see Doria in her hat and dress.

I do think over the long run, approval of a royal will be based on work ethic rather than unsubstantiated claims made by estranged relatives. There will always be those that choose to believe the worst, but those people are just looking for confirmation of a person being terrible in the first place, so coming forward to air her side of the dirty laundry isn't going to help. The more Samantha talks, the more contradiction there are in her stories. For people like her, just give them enough rope to hang themselves. They will never disappoint in that regard.

What is the point of discussing Tom Markle, Jr's personal issues along with his fiancee getting arreseted? What does that have to do with Meghan and her life growing up?

Again, this is Meghan’s family and background thread. If we can discuss her background, childhood and whatnot, we can discuss current issues to do with her too. The newspapers have unfortunately linked Meghan to Tom Jr’s fiancée, someone she hasn’t even met before nor knows anything about and has nothing to do with given she’s estranged from the half relations. There’s also the inconvenient fact that Tom Jr has often spoken to the press about Meghan, and now he blames her for his current predicament.

It is rather sad that Meghan is being linked to all and sundry and their misdeeds, but it is what it is. And as negative DM article links about Meghan by loosely connected estranged half relatives like Samantha, Tom Jr et al are allowed and discussed on here, it would be strange if posters are disallowed from linking other DM articles giving alternative perspectives provided by other relatives.

The same with Samantha.

Last edited:
I do think over the long run, approval of a royal will be based on work ethic rather than unsubstantiated claims made by estranged relatives. There will always be those that choose to believe the worst, but those people are just looking for confirmation of a person being terrible in the first place, so coming forward to air her side of the dirty laundry isn't going to help. The more Samantha talks, the more contradiction there are in her stories. For people like her, just give them enough rope to hang themselves. They will never disappoint in that regard.

True, but I think there will always be those who will half believe stuff from an estranged relative...and Meghan will have to contend with that "buzz" of unpleasant gossip from some of her family... other royals have had similar thngs, Kate's embarrassing uncle is something of a problem..
but he's not so pervasive as Meg's sister and half siblings seem to be.

People keep bringing up Kate’s uncle in this thread but Gary Goldsmith has never attacked the Middletons, in fact he’s only ever said good things about the family.

He may be rough around the edges and made some bad decisions but he loves Kate dearly.

Uncle Gary was awful and seemed to be always talking to the press. I believe Kate also had a cousin who was a stripper as well and that school friend who was no longer a friend but somehow the press kept paying her for content.

The tabloids always give fools an unfettered platform because they are stupid and embarrassing and allow reporters to be lazy and not do their jobs. These reporters know this is embarrassing and this is their way to shame Meghan. Why push back when Samantha is lying when truth does not matter. All that matters is cash and clicks.

The press likes to pick on the commoners, but Lady Diana was involved in a very public feud with her step-mother...I believe they called her Acid Raine and the Spencer siblings where against her selling Spencer artwork or something.

Meghan is in good company regarding dysfunctional relatives.

true the Spencer family have nto always been discreet but I would say K's uncle Gary is a wrose embarrassment... but I haven't heard much of him over the years. he is stupid and overly outspoken but he is not appearing on the Net every day with something embarrassing or some criticism of his neice.. which M's half sister is....

true the Spencer family have nto always been discreet but I would say K's uncle Gary is a wrose embarrassment... but I haven't heard much of him over the years. he is stupid and overly outspoken but he is not appearing on the Net every day with something embarrassing or some criticism of his neice.. which M's half sister is....

Well, at least Samantha isn't bragging about how much access she has to the Palace yet. I would say that would do far more damage than some disgruntled relative that hasn't had contact with Meghan in years.

And really, if we want to talk about embarrassment, I think while Meghan's half siblings are a pain with their blabbing, they aren't even close to some of the embarrassment members of the royal family has been caught in.

Last edited:
Well, at least Samantha isn't bragging about how much access she has to the Palace yet. I would say that would do far more damage than some disgruntled relative that hasn't had contact with Meghan in years.

And really, if we want to talk about embarrassment, I think while Meghan's half siblings are a pain with their blabbing, they aren't even close to some of the embarrassment members of the royal family has been caught in.

What ‘damage’ has that caused?

The Countess of Wessex was secretly recorded by the Fake Sheik saying basically the same thing. Sophie hasn’t been kicked out of the Firm.

What ‘damage’ has that caused?

The Countess of Wessex was secretly recorded by the Fake Sheik saying basically the same thing. Sophie hasn’t been kicked out of the Firm.

There is always sensitivity and criticism regarding royals being too closely tied to various people and organizations in order to benefit some unfairly over others. That's a bad undertone for any royal related. And claiming to have his own wing at the Palace, while not being a member of the royal family, and never will be, isn't a good look either. His comments is directly related to the monarchy whereas Meghan will never give her Markle half-siblings the chance even to do so.

And btw, I never said anything about being kicked out of the Firm. Simply stating that it's a much bigger problem than disgruntled comments from estranged half-siblings cashing in on their 15 minutes of fame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom