Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is eye opening to read how much detailed knowledge some here have about Meghan's personal life from childhood up to adulthood. Do people here actually know her personally?

One day it would be nice if her estranged family would be close with Meghan again. Life is too short; the drama is too much.

It is eye opening to read how much detailed knowledge some here have about Meghan's personal life from childhood up to adulthood. Do people here actually know her personally?

One day it would be nice if her estranged family would be close with Meghan again. Life is too short; the drama is too much.

We know because her family (and Meghan to an extent) revealed these details.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don’t think so. But for me, I’ve actually followed Meghan for quite a while before this relationship because of Suits and then The Tig. One thing that always surprised me was that as much as Meghan shared about her life, she’s always kept her relationships private.

And of course, we got a flood of information of extended family that just can’t stop talking. The thing is, with all this information plus what we already knew, it’s not hard to put the pieces together to realize how involved her half siblings actually were in her life.

But what it comes down to isn’t if Meghan can be a bigger person or forgiveness, it’s about trust. Meghan is taking on not just a marriage, but an enormous role that will attract a lot of attention, good and bad, how do you trust these people not to sell you out if they’ve already proven to be happy to do so?

I’ve deleted and edited a number of posts.

This thread has been filled with gossip and speculation about Meghan’s childhood and her relationship with her relatives. While it’s perfectly understandable that her family is of interest, please remember this forum rule:

Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.

Since Meghan has revealed very little about her childhood, none of us can know how she felt about her extended family growing up, how often she saw them, where she spent each Christmas, etc. So let’s steer clear of treating your opinions about her family/childhood as fact.

Also, please knock it off with the claims that Meghan’s half-siblings aren’t her real family, the name-calling (trash, low life, crazy, etc.), the insuinations about why Meghan's dad moved to Mexico and how he feels about his children. While a few of Meghan's relatives do talk to the media, most have remained quiet and have tried to stay out of the spotlight, so please be mindful of this when discussing them.

Wow...if Samantha doesn't get an invite to this wedding....I don't think she will let that go down quietly. She's selling out her sister faster than they are selling out tickets to Star Wars.

That was a joke! But still, she is something else isnt' she.

I wonder how much she was paid for the interview and pictures?

Last edited:
With family like this, you sure know who is your enemy......what a piece of work this woman is.....:eek:

I can see that for the rest of Meghan's life, her sister Sam is going to be there all the time making it her job to stab Meghan in the back each chance she gets...she is making it her life's work to bring down Meghan IMHO now!

Wow...if Samantha doesn't get an invite to this wedding....I don't think she will let that go down quietly. She's selling out her sister faster than they are selling out tickets to Star Wars.

That was a joke! But still, she is something else isnt' she.

I wonder how much she was paid for the interview and pictures?

The best thing to do is let her inventory run dry rather than give her more that she can sell to the tabloids. I don't know if she actually believe there is even a remote chance she'd be invited at this point?

And honestly, I don't think she got that much for it. There was a special a few years ago that interviewed paparazzi, and they said other than People and US Weekly, US tabloids don't have that much money to pay for exclusives.

I don't know if she is making it her life's mission to bring Meghan down but she definitely is angry/upset about something in regards to her relationship with Meghan.

I don't know what caused the estrangement but its obvious that they aren't close. Why is it obvious? Because she doesn't have any recent pictures to sell. That to me is telling...she is selling old pics/videos on when they did have a relationship. So the question is...how can you speak of the relationship with your sister as it relates to you and Meghan's relationship with their father if you don't speak? How does she know if she hasn't offered him money and he turned it down? or if he has some other issues, and she offered him money with stipulations?

And than she accuses Doria of trying to undermine the Markle family relationships. Yeah, that's going to get you an invite. Attack her Mom...the one sold person in her life who hasn't spoken out about the relationship.

Samantha reminds me of family members of other well known figures (Mariah Carey and Christian Bale come to mind) who tell their stories of their family estrangements to the press and want relationships with the famous person. As it relates to Christian Bale's family, they finally stopped telling their story. I often wonder if they too read the comments from the public, the one that stood out to me was this (and I am paraphrasing here). Maybe if you stop talking about them with the press...they might want to reconcile with you!

Last edited:
Her nephews on GMB. They are supportive but wish they all would stop talking.

Samantha just seems unhappy in her life. She changes her tune everyday. I have to say that her attacking Doria is the worse thing she could have done if she wanted to reconcile with Meghan. I just think Samantha knows their relationship is a lose cause so she acting out.

I don't know if she is making it her life's mission to bring Meghan down but she definitely is angry/upset about something in regards to her relationship with Meghan.

I don't know what caused the estrangement but its obvious that they aren't close. Why is it obvious? Because she doesn't have any recent pictures to sell. That to me is telling...she is selling old pics/videos on when they did have a relationship. So the question is...how can you speak of the relationship with your sister as it relates to you and Meghan's relationship with their father if you don't speak? How does she know if she hasn't offered him money and he turned it down? or if he has some other issues, and she offered him money with stipulations?

One thing she has said in the past that their father would never ask, but Samantha has always taken the position that Meghan should offer because Meghan has the money. Which is ridiculous because it's Meghan's money, and why does she feel like she has the right to tell Meghan how to spend it?:lol:

Samantha just seems unhappy in her life. She changes her tune everyday. I have to say that her attacking Doria is the worse thing she could have done if she wanted to reconcile with Meghan. I just think Samantha knows their relationship is a lose cause so she acting out.

Yea, I think most of us can understand that we most often don't get the most upset when we are under attack ourselves, but rather those we love being attacked. Given how close Meghan is to Doria, I think that was a bad move. It was also unfair for her to say Doria cut Tom out. She obviously never cut Tom out of Meghan's life. What is more is that all three of them spent the last holiday Meghan spent in LA together as a family and that was after her relationship with Harry came to light. And really, Meghan isn't 12. How do you shut the other parent out of an adult child's life?

Her nephews on GMB. They are supportive but wish they all would stop talking.

I'm actually impressed at how careful and guarded they were in their comments. I don't think it's smart to be giving interviews, but if they're going to, that's about as respectful and kind to Meghan as they could be.

Interesting that in saying Meghan made good choices in life and took advantage of the opportunities provided during her upbringing they definitely seemed to be hinting that others (Samantha and Tom, Jr., I assume) opted for a different path...

Yea, I think most of us can understand that we most often don't get the most upset when we are under attack ourselves, but rather those we love being attacked. Given how close Meghan is to Doria, I think that was a bad move. It was also unfair for her to say Doria cut Tom out. She obviously never cut Tom out of Meghan's life. What is more is that all three of them spent the last holiday Meghan spent in LA together as a family and that was after her relationship with Harry came to light. And really, Meghan isn't 12. How do you shut the other parent out of an adult child's life?

Wait, are you saying that Doria, Tom and Meghan were together Christmas 2016? How do you know this? Can you cite a source?

If this is true (and I am not saying it isn't) its just another example of how Samantha has no real knowledge of what is going on with Tom and Meghan's relationship. And maybe, she didn't tell Tom about Harry because Tom can't keep a secret and would have told Samantha. Who we all suspect can't keep a secret.:ohmy:

Wait, are you saying that Doria, Tom and Meghan were together Christmas 2016? How do you know this? Can you cite a source?

If this is true (and I am not saying it isn't) its just another example of how Samantha has no real knowledge of what is going on with Tom and Meghan's relationship. And maybe, she didn't tell Tom about Harry because Tom can't keep a secret and would have told Samantha. Who we all suspect can't keep a secret.:ohmy:

No, Meghan didn't spend Christmas 2016 in LA. She spent Thanksgiving in 2016 in LA. Doria flew to Toronto to see Meghan for a few days Christmas 2016.

She spent Thanksgiving with them. Posted a picture on IG thanking them for their love and support.

I do believe that Samantha talks to Tom Sr. regularly. I just think he gives her the basics and she fills in the rest with her assumptions. For instance before it broke that he was tracked down, Samantha posted about it saying her father told her. Of course she had all the actual information wrong but she made it clear they still talk. She knows little and because of that I think it makes her all the bitter that their father doesn't break Meghan's privacy with her.

She spent Thanksgiving with them. Posted a picture on IG thanking them for their love and support.

I do believe that Samantha talks to Tom Sr. regularly. I just think he gives her the basics and she fills in the rest with her assumptions. For instance before it broke that he was tracked down, Samantha posted about it saying her father told her. Of course she had all the actual information wrong but she made it clear they still talk. She knows little and because of that I think it makes her all the bitter that their father doesn't break Meghan's privacy with her.

Given that she hasn't been able to offer any recent information on Meghan, I'd say Tom keeps his comments about his younger daughter pretty generic to Samantha.

And than she accuses Doria of trying to undermine the Markle family relationships. Yeah, that's going to get you an invite. Attack her Mom...the one sold person in her life who hasn't spoken out about the relationship.

Samantha reminds me of family members of other well known figures (Mariah Carey and Christian Bale come to mind) who tell their stories of their family estrangements to the press and want relationships with the famous person. As it relates to Christian Bale's family, they finally stopped telling their story. I often wonder if they too read the comments from the public, the one that stood out to me was this (and I am paraphrasing here). Maybe if you stop talking about them with the press...they might want to reconcile with you!

It’s unforgivable she went after Meghan’s beloved mother.

Anyway Samantha is a proven liar so I’m not that shocked at how low she continues to stoop.

I'm actually impressed at how careful and guarded they were in their comments. I don't think it's smart to be giving interviews, but if they're going to, that's about as respectful and kind to Meghan as they could be.

Interesting that in saying Meghan made good choices in life and took advantage of the opportunities provided during her upbringing they definitely seemed to be hinting that others (Samantha and Tom, Jr., I assume) opted for a different path...

Indeed. Another observation is that they stressed that her dad provided for her upbringing - as if that was his main contribution (probably compared to the older siblings that was the main difference).

I agree. :flowers: These are folks who may be trying to off-set others who are not so circumspect. In fact, maybe they ran this by Meghan and Harry. I think it's key that they did not see Harry's comment about family in any way offensive or amiss. I think that's important. They got that out there. Nice people.

I agree. :flowers: These are folks who may be trying to off-set others who are not so circumspect. In fact, maybe they ran this by Meghan and Harry. I think it's key that they did not see Harry's comment about family in any way offensive or amiss. I think that's important. They got that out there. Nice people.

I highly doubt that as Meghan's parents have both remained silent for the most part other than some pretty non-enlightening comments. If anyone were to be used to offset Samantha's comments, it'd be people they actually are friends with. Not people she hasn't had contact with for years. How can you know you can trust them at that point.

This person is 20 years older with two grown children who are in their early 30's, she has been married and has a boyfriend and yet she does nothing but tell lies about a half sister she has not spoken to in 6-10 years. I would consider myself a failure at life if I hounded my much younger relatives who are trying to live their lives. She continues to prove Harry right.

Indeed. Another observation is that they stressed that her dad provided for her upbringing - as if that was his main contribution (probably compared to the older siblings that was the main difference).

In Samantha's interview she went on about how Thomas put Meghan through school. It does seem that Doria and Thomas made sure Meghan had excellent education. It is not Meghan's fault that Thomas likely came into money later in life which helped his youngest out. Also it is not Meghan's fault she took advantage of her opportunities and Sam did not.

I will give the nephews (and their mother) that much credit. They made it clear that Meghan always was focused on bettering herself so they are not surprised by her success. She had that drive. That said, I hope they do stop talking. It is clear they are genuine in their love and respect for her but they are still selling her out by going on these TV shows.

One thing she has said in the past that their father would never ask, but Samantha has always taken the position that Meghan should offer because Meghan has the money. Which is ridiculous because it's Meghan's money, and why does she feel like she has the right to tell Meghan how to spend it?:lol:

Because she wants a piece of the action, that is.

In Samantha's interview she went on about how Thomas put Meghan through school. It does seem that Doria and Thomas made sure Meghan had excellent education. It is not Meghan's fault that Thomas likely came into money later in life which helped his youngest out. Also it is not Meghan's fault she took advantage of her opportunities and Sam did not.

I will give the nephews (and their mother) that much credit. They made it clear that Meghan always was focused on bettering herself so they are not surprised by her success. She had that drive. That said, I hope they do stop talking. It is clear they are genuine in their love and respect for her but they are still selling her out by going on these TV shows.

Perhaps Samantha feels that Meghan should think "Samantha was there first so she gets the prior claim" > helping her out with money and stuff.

I guess Samantha feels abandoned and neglected, but she should address that issue with her father and not Meghan.

Last edited:
Oh my word! Harry was right....no wonder KP stood by his comments! I suspect that there will be a story dealing with Samantha in the future...,there is bad blood between her and Doria. Obviously something happened which caused Meghan to cut ties.

Sigh. So much unnecessary drama, hearsay and gossip published by known tabloids.

One day I hope Meghan will set the story straight, if she every does another sit down interview, once she becomes an official member of the royal family.

Two reasons why there has not been too serious a pushback on Sam: one, her stories are click bait and uptick in circulation; two, the media is afraid it looks like a villian if they go after a wheelchair bound woman with an illness. But Samantha will not be able to use her disability as a shield for long. The more exposure Sam gets, the bigger the chance there will be more fact checking of her claims. The last thing Sam wants is CNN airing out her dirty laundry. That's global exposure in the legitimate press. She's selling herself as the dutiful daughter and Meghan as the spoiled brat. Anything that undercuts that storyline kills book deals and other money making schemes.

Meghan's family situation sounds a lot like mine. I have a brother who only contacts me when he wants/needs money. I did try to help a few times only to realize I was not doing him any favours long term. He needed to grow up and took responsibility of his own life. Boy, was he upset when I stopped supporting him. I moved as far away as I could since associating yourself with folks like this will only bring you down with them. I understand completely why Meghan cut ties with those folks, I don't even read or care what they have to say.

Last edited:
I don't think that Meghan has to set any stories straight. It's pretty clear that the people who are talking and giving information to the media are those people she is no longer close to or have contact with.

It will become even more clear in the months and years ahead, the family members who are chosen to be at the future events in Meghan`s life will be only those she an trust. The wedding invitations for Megan's side of the family will be an interesting read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom