Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is even more ridiculous is this is he son of her estranged brother and his mother. This woman has nothing to do with Meghan yet she up on some gossip show getting her 15 seconds of fame for being semi connected to her.

It will only get worse as the wedding date gets closer. They are all digging through boxes trying to find out pictures and videos to sell. It is sad.

Last edited:
Your right ACO-it’ll only get worse. Wouldn’t surprise me (to see them day of wedding) to see some of them on tv giving commentary.

Last edited:
That would be horrible.

LaRae

Look on the bright side. Any network covering this event is going to have a decent audience and the talking heads at those networks are going to be pulling out over's over sprayed hair (male and female both) to get the job.

The indiscreet and (hopefully) uninvited siblings and hangers-on know less than nothing about royal weddings so their input is nil. And not one of those talking heads would cede one minute to anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be on the lookout for Andrew Morton's book Meghan: A Hollywood Princess. It's suppose to come out before the wedding. It's about Meghan's life before Harry, which means the relatives are going to be featured. Morton's has the resources to really get the dirt on the family.

Well Samantha has unlocked her account and is ranting about how the media is lying about Doria walking Meghan down the isle, that she talks to her father everyday and knows he talks to Meghan, and that she WILL be at the wedding (invited or not).

Mess.

Well Samantha has unlocked her account and is ranting about how the media is lying about Doria walking Meghan down the isle, that she talks to her father everyday and knows he talks to Meghan, and that she WILL be at the wedding (invited or not).

Mess.

I'd LOVE to see her try as I don't think she's likely to be invited. Given the politicians and members of royal families that will be at the event (yes, I'm aware it won't be as many as Cambridge wedding), and given the high profile nature of the event, no one will get past security without an invitation.

Daily Mail has a blaring headline that Meghan's half brother's fiancee was arrested on New Year's Eve for assaulting Tom Jr. If Meghan's paternal side of her family are not at St. George's Chapel look no further than the trial of embarrassing (to them) headlines.

I expected the DM to go digging and dishing anything remotely tricky. I admit I didn't think the family would join in.

Generally I don't think the BRF would care but information about royal weddings after the ceremony and balcony appearance are private. No real info has leaked about reception/evening party for William and Catherine and no pics either.

I think this may be a concern. That sort of info would be valuable financially.

This will probably end as Tom Markle's gun incident ended, with no court case. And Meghan is much much better off avoiding Samantha and Tom Markle Jnr. for ever more. If this warring couple or Sam get an invite to the wedding I'll eat my hat!

I think BP is letting them run out of steam with insider info so when the wedding does roll around, they will have nothing fresh and new to impart and will be given short shrift. I don't think they will go to the wedding.

I HIGHLY doubt any of them will be at the wedding, unless paid by DailyMail, but they still wouldn't be at the wedding.

It wouldn't surprise me if Tom wasn't invited to the wedding given the fact that he and Meghan haven't been talking for a while (I know he claims that that's due to her move to Toronto, but the situation seems fishy given his character). I guess the civil thing to do would be to invite him though, and Tom seems like the sort of person who would cause a scene if he wasn't. Wasn't he the one who said that if Harry ever broke up with Meghan he'd get involved? Or something like that I remember reading in an article.

Would Tom Jr be banned from entering the UK because of the US weapons charge? Is the UK government worried this family could cause discord in the country?

Would Tom Jr be banned from entering the UK because of the US weapons charge? Is the UK government worried this family could cause discord in the country?

No.

For one as far as I know Tom Jr was never convicted of his charges. The charges were dropped against him. So there is a major difference between charges and conviction.

Coming to London as an US tourist he wouldn't require a visa. A criminal record would be a concern for applying for a visa. Not to come into the country as a tourist.

Meghan is not responsible for her brother's behaviour.
It does bring unwanted press attention. That is unfortunate.
Meghan is responsible for her own behaviour and I see her practising kindness and the best of manners and inviting her siblings to her wedding.

She can't create any more scandal around them than what is already there.
To not invite them would be a bad reflection upon herself and the image of Christian forgiveness and love.

I agree about her kindness but why King of the Jungle would you invite someone you’re not close to? I wouldn’t.

The funny thing is that her brother is now whining to the press that it is Meghan's fault that her family are being picked apart in the news. That is rich coming from him.

I hate she might invite them just to be a bigger person and to likely shut them up. They getting rewarded for their awfulness.

Here is the article of Tom Jr blaming Meghan https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...er-blames-royal-engagement-for-drunken-fight/

I hope their not invited. If they are, be prepared to hear their interview on the ceremony etc. either way, it’s a no win...

What stress has Tom Jnr been under? One of British journalists (and now US ones) ringing him offering big bucks for a comment or photos every five minutes? I doubt that people in his home town are pointing him out on the street, lol! The stress could all be cured by a simple 'I'm not saying anything more to anyone'.

For ages I've advocated ignoring these relatives, but it might well be better if Meghan was the bigger person and invited Tom, embarrassing as he has been. He's so proud of her and it would be such a big event for him. When he arrives for the wedding with his girlfriend she could then have a word with him about keeping the mouth zipped for the rest of his life!

:previous: Not saying I think either will be invited, but if either sibling does it would be Tom in my mind. As you pointed out, Tom has been loose lipped and has some embarrassing issues, but he hasn't spoken badly of Meghan.

But I don't think its anything about showing Christian kindness. Now if she was raised with them, and they were an active part of her life, would be another matter all together. If she decided to refuse to invite them over their loose lips lately, but until then they had been close, would be a different matter. But they have been estranged for many years, and not close before that. Its not a matter of forgiveness. They aren't a part of her life, haven't been in many years.

I don't see why Tom would be invited. It's not about him yapping to the press, but he has said he wasn't at his sister's last wedding because he "had something to do". So I honestly don't think they are close.

Now onto this blaming Meghan's engagement for his messed up life.. While there is additional scrutiny from press, he could've easily removed most of it by not saying anything. Bottom line is he courted the attention, now he doesn't get whine about it.

I think if she did invite them it would be to a PR thing. I can see her in her head thinking they will be one of hundreds so whatever. That said, I can't see them being invited but stranger things have happened. Tom Jr. is a mess but he has been very positive about her. To be fair they all have except Samantha who is hot and cold depending on her mood.

I hope everyone know that it was expected that some family members would release some old tapes of Meghan and some would talk to the press. It’s natural and this all happened before.

I agree about her kindness but why King of the Jungle would you invite someone you’re not close to? I wouldn’t.

Possibly because it will not be a small wedding, MissJersey, and family is family. There will be others at the wedding who are not close either and an invitation will be afforded due to political or protocol reasons.
Meghan's siblings are causing problems and attention with the press that hopefully stops soon. Can it get any worse?

I hope everyone know that it was expected that some family members would release some old tapes of Meghan and some would talk to the press. It’s natural and this all happened before.

Of course it is expected. Doesn't make them any less trashy for doing it.

Possibly because it will not be a small wedding, MissJersey, and family is family. There will be others at the wedding who are not close either and an invitation will be afforded due to political or protocol reasons.
Meghan's siblings are causing problems and attention with the press that hopefully stops soon. Can it get any worse?

Family that betrayed you and sold you out for money is worse than people you have to invite due to protocol. I don't know if it can get worse, but it's been over a year and these people still can't keep their comments to themselves, so I'm not holding my breath that this will stop.

Sure it could get worse. And these relatives could create a scene at the wedding, talk to the press about private parts of the reception, all sorts of things.

Forgiveness is fine if someone stops a behavior and apologizes but certainly not when it continues and is ongoing.

Of course it is expected. Doesn't make them any less trashy for doing it.

It’s not trashy for some of the family to release some of family videos of Meghan. This happened to Catherine too. We got tons of pictures, family and friends account of her childhood, etc.

It goes with the territory. I know we like to think this is a huge media problem, but it really isn’t. It all goes away after a while.

Sure it could get worse. And these relatives could create a scene at the wedding, talk to the press about private parts of the reception, all sorts of things.

Forgiveness is fine is someone stops a behavior and apologizes but certainly not when it continues and is ongoing.

How do you think we got details of the Cambridge wedding reception and private party? Folks talked to the press.

The media is very likely ringing Meghan’s family and friends phones off the hook. Somebody is bound to pick it up. The media will get to them. Hell, look how much they have stalked her mom and dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom