Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting out of control. They actually sent someone down to Mexico to stalk him. There has to be a line somewhere. He's made it clear he doesn't want to talk to them, and yet, they stalk him, and take pictures of back of his house with long lenses since they can't get to it due to the rocky hills.

I agree that this is certainly out of control and it's wrong. If Thomas Markle wishes to be left alone, then so be it. The tabloid freelancers are relentless.:sad:

This makes me so sad. They intentionally made that man a target. I don't care what anyone says but this intense hatred is motivated by race and sexism. They will do anything to destroy her but have found NOTHING.

the UK media are a special brand of awful.

It's not only the UK media-they were lucky in that they found him first...but other sleazy outlets in the US will publish what they find, also.

It makes me both sad, and furious.

Angry because this man's life is now at risk. I hope by now he is out of there and in some unknown location for his own safety.

Unfortunately life is never going to be the same (meaning privacy) for Meghan’s parents. Every move and nuance will be dissected ad nauseam. True friends won’t talk but you know you’ll always find a backstabber.

It's not the trying to get inside information part that's doing it. It's the type of headlines they come up with. Vogue just published an interesting article on this situation. It seems that there is a bias in how man and woman are treated for similar actions and what type of actions would tend to be highlighted.

https://www.vogue.com/article/meghan-markle-misogynistic-public-shaming

Truth its the way they take regular everyday information and try to twist it into something lurid and shameful. Or how they lie about Meghan's mother her home and her background and use it as dog whistles and coded language for a certain demographic. For example Meghan's mom lives in one of the most affluent neighborhoods in LA but why say that when you can lie and paint MM and her mother as gangsters thus furthering the narrative that MM and her family are unwanted people. Or saying that MM is on p@rnhub when its a clip from her tv show which is tame by British standards.

It's not only the UK media-they were lucky in that they found him first...but other sleazy outlets in the US will publish what they find, also.

It makes me both sad, and furious.

Angry because this man's life is now at risk. I hope by now he is out of there and in some unknown location for his own safety.

UK media and also european media are on a brand new level of awful, from Diana, to the Kate nude pics to Meghan's father.

Last edited by a moderator:
And having stuck up for Uk media (except of course the MoL), the Sun is leading tomorrow’s paper with a story re Meghan and her father. Sheesh!

Cant give you all a link because I’ve only seen the front page. I think this could end up worse than I ever imagined.

And having stuck up for Uk media (except of course the MoL), the Sun is leading tomorrow’s paper with a story re Meghan and her father. Sheesh!

Cant give you all a link because I’ve only seen the front page. I think this could end up worse than I ever imagined.

Judging by the location next to the author's name, they've got people down there too. Right below the headline, it said he smiled. Are they blind? They've got the pictures.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5067399/meghan-markle-father-thomas-peace-sign-pictures-mexico-resort/

Last edited:
Since this is about her time in toronto, I figured it would count as her "background".

AP interviewed her next door neighbour about his experiences with Meghan:

• the security were apparently very easy to work with
  • she got him chocolates as a thank you
  • the neighbour described her as "lovely" and said she greeted him whenever she saw him

And she has nice calligraphy!

In the UK CV (Curriculum Vitae) is the same as US Resume and its been like that for the past 50 years ( that's as far back I can remember).

Its a British thing!

Really? That's interesting. In the US we have both the CV (used as the name suggests) and resumes. Are you saying that people without PhDs say CV and not resume?

Does no one in the UK use the term resume?

Learn something new everyday around here. :)

This makes me so angry - it's clearly all lies. Especially that "Do you know Meghan Markle? I'm her dad!" nonsense. LIES!!!

:bang:

Wow - this is awful.

Really? That's interesting. In the US we have both the CV (used as the name suggests) and resumes. Are you saying that people without PhDs say CV and not resume?

Does no one in the UK use the term resume?

Learn something new everyday around here. :)

This explanation of English First might answer some of your questions - as it is indeed mainly the US and Canada that use (the word) resume; other countries use the word C.V. - and they are different but becoming more alike over time (probably because of the internationalization of the (business) world).

Yes, it’s English, Spanish and French. She talks about it in this clip:

Not impressed by this interview - very superficial with lots of mannerisms. I guess the expectation on a show like this is that you are gushy and all, but I am glad that it seems that she learned that that is not the behavior that is expected from a royal.

Not impressed by this interview - very superficial with lots of mannerisms. I guess the expectation on a show like this is that you are gushy and all, but I am glad that it seems that she learned that that is not the behavior that is expected from a royal.

I personally think she handled herself well given Ferguson's gross and condescending manner and questions. She was clearly uncomfortable. :bang:

Just as an add on. Maybe they don’t get along. Seems complicated.

18-year-old Meghan Markle 'not on best terms' with father | Daily Mail Online

This is the biggest load of BS. Based on their own stalking this week, we know that Meghan's dad loves her enough to not talk about this right now even if they are in his face about it. He's respecting her happiness.

I honestly don't know any teenager who has always gotten along with their parents all the time. It happens, that's one video from almost 20 years ago. From all accounts, her father has tried to protect her by not saying anything so far. Does anyone honestly think that he hasn't been offered major money to talk? They stalked the guy at his storage unit, who said that he has always talked proudly of Meghan even before Harry. OTOH, he doesn't say anything about his older kids to a point they didn't even know he had other kids until this mess. Talk about having bad relationship, Meghan and her dad don't make the cut.

I've seen this one before. It's typically entertainment show. It cracked me up when I saw it. I didn't see anything wrong with it, but it's not a royal duchess level interview. It's obviously different than what we saw in the interview last week. Too bad Meghan didn't have a crystal ball then and know she'll one day marry royalty.:lol:

It’s Craig Ferguson. I’m assuming you’ve never watched his show, this was totally nothing compared to how he can be with his guests.

This is the biggest load of BS.

Of course it’s BS, its’ Daily Fail:yuk:. And every time you guys click on the links and read their articles they earn money any will continue doing this and probably much worse. There’s a reason why DM links are forbidden on other blogs and forums.

Of course it’s BS, its’ Daily Fail:yuk:. And every time you guys click on the links and read their articles they earn money any will continue doing this and probably much worse. There’s a reason why DM links are forbidden on other blogs and forums.

I think this story actually originated from the Sun. They both have people in Mexico stalking her dad.

I could see Charles perhaps inviting Harry and Meghan, with her parents, to spend some days up there.

I don't see how a divorced couple could get invited at the same time... :lol:

I highly doubt an invitation will be made. If Prince Harry hasn't even met Mr. Markle, I doubt he will do so at his father's house or during the holidays. It is more likely that Miss Markle's mother will visit her daughter in the UK soon and on that occasion she might be some memebers of the RF, but I categorically exclude an invitation to Sandringham.

I don't see how a divorced couple could get invited at the same time... :lol:

I highly doubt an invitation will be made. If Prince Harry hasn't even met Mr. Markle, I doubt he will do so at his father's house or during the holidays. It is more likely that Miss Markle's mother will visit her daughter in the UK soon and on that occasion she might be some memebers of the RF, but I categorically exclude an invitation to Sandringham.

If there is one thing British upper class understand is remaining friends after a divorce. And from what we've heard, they've remained friendly. They even had Thanksgiving together in 2016.

I have no idea about the invitation though, nor do I have an opinion on that. :lol:

I personally think she handled herself well given Ferguson's gross and condescending manner and questions. She was clearly uncomfortable. :bang:

I don't think she was uncomfortable! In any case, she kept bantering and making silly jokes herself. Awful...Superficial, and a bit of a show-off, too. SOrry, I hope I'm not offending anybody. Also, I don't think "Suits' has ever been the no. 1 show on tv. I think Ferguson was joking and she didn't pick up on it...:ermm:

I've seen this one before. It's typically entertainment show. It cracked me up when I saw it. I didn't see anything wrong with it, but it's not a royal duchess level interview. It's obviously different than what we saw in the interview last week. Too bad Meghan didn't have a crystal ball then and know she'll one day marry royalty.:lol:

My thoughts exactly.

Have you guys watched late night comedy shows before? Because this isn't really that bad. It's pretty much just joking around from beginning to end while plug the project a little. It's comedy, it's not supposed to be heavy in substance. Now try that on those shows, you'll really understand what awkwardness is.

yes, but the problem I have with this reasoning is..."who is she, then?"

Have you guys watched late night comedy shows before? Because this isn't really that bad. It's pretty much just joking around from beginning to end while plug the project a little. It's comedy, it's not supposed to be heavy in substance. Now try that on those shows, you'll really understand what awkwardness is.

I know it's comedy but there's a classy way of doing comedy/plugs and of carrying and presenting yourself. I don't think it's a question of superficiality only: nobody was expecting a discussion on Kant, but, I mean, this was really B-level Hollywood starlet material. Sorry... :eek:

yes, but the problem I have with this reasoning is..."who is she, then?"

Who is she is someone who can crack a joke and talk to different people and connect with different people. It's one interview, some people are acting like this the epitome of what defines her as a person. A person is never just one dimension. You act appropriately based on what you are doing. If you have to go into the office, it's going to be a different demeanor and topic than if you are going out to have drinks with your friends.

I know it's comedy but there's a classy way of doing comedy/plugs and of carrying and presenting yourself. I don't think it's a question of superficiality only: nobody was expecting a discussion on Kant, but, I mean, this was really B-level Hollywood starlet material. Sorry... :eek:

Which topic was so bad, exactly? That other Hollywood actress don't talk about if it comes up? I feel like people are acting like she did this interview as Harry's fiance. Then yes, I'll give it to you, totally inappropriate. But Meg forgot to check her crystal ball before she left the house that day, I'm sure.

I think what people mean is because Meghan’s an actress it’s difficult to tell who the real person is.

How can we tell the ‘real’ Meghan from the Meghan that’s just ‘on’ , playing for the cameras.

My mother is a big royalist and that’s her problem. When is she acting and when do we see the ‘real’ Meghan

I think what people mean is because Meghan’s an actress it’s difficult to tell who the real person is.

How can we tell the ‘real’ Meghan from the Meghan that’s just ‘on’ , playing for the cameras.

My mother is a big royalist and that’s her problem. When is she acting and when do we see the ‘real’ Meghan

Ha. I fail to see how this an issue with Meghan but not the royals. Lets not pretend as if they have not been taught their entire lives on what to say, how to act in public, etc.

And you think we see the "real" royals? The Queen herself plays a role because it's a duty. They all do. I always remember how shocked people were when Harry filmed that video with the Queen for IG because *gasp* the Queen didn't do that. :lol:

Hate to break it to you and your mother, but we almost never see the real royals in front of the camera. They are always nice, smiling, calm, thrilled to visit totally boring and horrible places and I could go on. No one is that on all the time in their private life. Just like I behave differently when I’m at work and talking to customers or my boss, so do the royals. They are human beings after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom