Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just now breaking news across the internet -

Now not coming again. Mr Markle scheduled to have major heart surgery tomorrow -

Meghan Markle's father won't attend wedding, needs heart surgery | Daily Mail Online

Ah, the next chapter has started.

Will Meghan rush to her father's bedside?

Will she postpone the wedding to sit vigil by her father's side?

Will H&M cancel their honeymoon, to be with Meghan's poor, almost nearly dying, old dad?

Will heartless Meghan leave her dad to fight for his life, alone in a drafty run-down hospital sharing a room with 14 other patients?

Will dad, before he is wheeled into surgery exclaim: "Don't think about your dad, dear Meghan. Enjoy your wedding. And lest we never see each other again, we shall meet in the afterlife."

See next episode of this riveting soap...

Good grief!

*sigh* He knows that speaking to TMZ is causing all kinds of chaos, so why does he keep doing it?

Having read the new story, I'm so confused. On Monday he said that Sam was the one that caused all of this anguish and triggered his heart attack. Now he's saying it was Thomas Jr's letter.

I want to believe that Thomas is telling the truth about surgery, but I just don't know. If he is having surgery tomorrow, I wish him a speedy recovery.

It is clear to me now that he is manipulating Meghan. This is disgusting. Markle should be ashamed of himself. The pap issue could have been excused, but this subsequent crap with TMZ is pure emotional manipulation and abuse.

The palace needs to get a handle on this now. This is overshadowing what should be a big triump for Harry, Meghan and the family and a national celebration.

I agree.

Except that Meghan's brother-in-law isn't just anybody. (Not to mention her father-in-law.)
William could very well become king within the next ten years, certainly the heir to an elderly king, and then it does become a matter for William, whether he would like to interfere or not.

So should the family continue to make a spectacle of themselves (they'll certainly try!) the Monarch, be that QEII, Charles or William may very well decide to step in and simply bar certain family members from attending anything remotely royal, let alone be let in at the palaces or in a more extreme case simply direct H&M to sever the connection to certain family members. - That could also save Meghan in particular considerable embarrassment, because then it's the Monarch, not her, who is cutting them off.

I would not be the slightest bit surprised if a family member is suddenly standing suitcase in hand outside Kensington Palace - with the press being notified of course. If H&M turn that person away or even put them in a hotel, then we have the big soap opera about "cruel, heartless Meghan" turning away her family to let them fend for themselves on the streets, selling matches... Complete with a chorus singing: Bou hou, bou hou...
Except, Meghan has cut everyone in the Markle side other than her father out. And I don't think she's ever going to cut her father out. Hell, Andrew hasn't been made to cut Fergie out. So as long as the royals aren't participating in the events, the monarch is unlikely to step in over something like this. And as annoying as this all is, forcing a woman to cut out her own father from her life (which they don't have daily contact as it is being that they live in two countries) when she doesn't want to can be seen as inhumane and quite cruel.

Said it a sec ago soapstar,. this is The House Of Pinocchio.

Ah, the next chapter has started.

Will Meghan rush to her father's bedside?

Will she postpone the wedding to sit vigil by her father's side?

Will H&M cancel their honeymoon, to be with Meghan's poor, almost nearly dying, old dad?

Will heartless Meghan leave her dad to fight for his life, alone in a drafty run-down hospital sharing a room with 14 other patients?

Will dad, before he is wheeled into surgery exclaim: "Don't think about your dad, dear Meghan. Enjoy your wedding. And lest we never see each other again, we shall meet in the afterlife."

See next episode of this riveting soap...

Good grief!

This made me laugh soooo hard! Didn't Sr work on General Hospital, it sure seems like he's pulled this whole act straight out of the soaps. Anyone still think he's having a panic attack?

Yesterday morning I woke up to the news that her father and K.P. announced that he was not going to the wedding due to having a heart attack. I had many thoughts about that mostly feeling sad for Meghan and thinking her Dad has been under a lot of pressure by the press possibly causing bad heart palpitations and chest pains. Now this morning i wake up and the breaking news story is that her father is having heart surgery. Media saying he is having a stent put in to bypass a blocked artery. One of our morning show hosts who is live in London/Windsor spoke to Samantha and he said Samantha live from Florida. I was sure one of the online Media said Samantha and 2 Dooley brothers had already arrived in London. So it's very hard to believe what's correct and what's not.
I do believe Mr Markle has Felt under pressure from the press, photographers and from family members. Your health must always come first and must be attended to.
He can always visit H &M after the wedding as they are not going away on honeymoon right away. Or they may be able to visit him.

I just hope these events don't take the excitement and sparkle too much out of our bride.

*sigh* He knows that speaking to TMZ is causing all kinds of chaos, so why does he keep doing it?

Having read the new story, I'm so confused. On Monday he said that Sam was the one that caused all of this anguish and triggered his heart attack. Now he's saying it was Thomas Jr's letter.

I want to believe that Thomas is telling the truth about surgery, but I just don't know. If he is having surgery tomorrow, I wish him a speedy recovery.

I agree.

Not getting the proper advice and guidance about those pitfalls helped cause a lot of this too.

This made me laugh soooo hard! Didn't Sr work on General Hospital, it sure seems like he's pulled this whole act straight out of the soaps. Anyone still think he's having a panic attack?

No, but I do believe he is having heart surgery if he can offer the details about what is going to be done. Like we've said before, it can have same symptoms. The reason I didn't think it was a heart attack was because he's not in a hospital and somehow thinks he'd be able to get away with flying to UK? That just boggles my mind, but then again people often come up with things that just lack common sense. He needs to sit his behind down and stay in the hospital.

I think KP is not going to put out a statement until they verify he's going to the hospital Wednesday. They defended him about the press intrusion and they got burned for it. Trust but verify - Ronald Reagan

Y'know one thing I do expect out of all this? I would bet my last sloppy joe that as Mr. Markle recovers from his surgery, he will receive a very nicely penned "get well message" from no other than HM, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. Perhaps even from Charles and Camilla too.

That is the kind of people they are. :flowers:

Doria is on her way to London. I bet she can't wait to give Meghan a big hug.

Y'know one thing I do expect out of all this? I would bet my last sloppy joe that as Mr. Markle recovers from his surgery, he will receive a very nicely penned "get well message" from no other than HM, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh. Perhaps even from Charles and Camilla too.

That would be the decent (and wise) thing to do in any circumstances.

No one would blame dad if he was nervous, who wouldn't be?
If he had quietly mentioned that he would be showered in sympathy by the public and I'm sure he would be helped in every way possible by the court, but all this theatrics and staging? Nah, not much sympathy from me.
Not even if he really is having a surgery. Not for doing his best to ruin his daughter's big day.

Yep , Sr is going for surgery on Wednesday. But wait, there's more...

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tmz.com/2018/05/15/thomas-markle-meghan-heart-surgery-wedding

Sam threw Sr under the bus by giving the details of his cut of the staged photos: $1500 USD and a small percentage of the photos sales. This is what 30 pieces of silver goes for now. Sam has now turned on their father, and I think it's because Sr told TMZ Sam is the reason for his hospitalization. He blamed the first heart episode on Jr's letter to Harry to call off the wedding.

So its just proves that she brokered the deal and got a cut.

Osipi, I really like it when we agree! :flowers:

I think KP is not going to put out a statement until ythey verify he's going to the hospital Wednesday. They defended him about the press intrusion and they got burned for it. Trust but verify - Ronald Reagan
You took the words right out of my mouth! Like get somebody from the UK embassy in Mexico to confirm that Snr is where he says he is!

One of our morning show hosts who is live in London/Windsor spoke to Samantha and he said Samantha live from Florida. I was sure one of the online Media said Samantha and 2 Dooley brothers had already arrived in London. So it's very hard to believe what's correct and what's not.

Tom Jr's 2 sons (the Dooley brothers) and his ex-wife (the boys' mother) are the ones who have arrived in England.

TMZ is going to be the one to "verify". They'll get a hold of his medical and hospital records to prove or disprove the claim. HIPAA laws be darned.

Samantha is probably not in England because of the cost and liability of bringing her over with her disability. No confirmation from GMB this week that the Dooleys will be on the show.

Last edited:
Tom Jr's 2 sons (the Dooley brothers) and his ex-wife (the boys' mother) are the ones who have arrived in England.

Thank you for the clarification.

Meghan and Harry deserve to be happy and excited in the lead up to their wedding. We want to see a beaming Bride walk down the aisle.
I just fear there might be so much sadness show on her face unless her Mum can convince her otherwise.

TMZ is going to be the one to "verify". They'll get a hold of his medical and hospital records to prove or disprove the claim. HIPAA laws be darned.
Mexico laws, I don't know--but a healthy fear of termination and losing a medical license might keep medical personnel from blabbing in the US. It's hard to get records without logging into the computer these days and that leaves a trail.

I can't believe her father has unleashed this s--- storm the week of her wedding!

Does he have a twitter account...I really want to tell him to stop talking to TMZ! If you are having a procedure...talk to your daughter...release a simple statement and go off radar! How hard is that?

And maybe I missed it but did everyone see the Piers Morgan interview with Samantha....:ermm:

Mexico laws, I don't know--but a healthy fear of termination and losing a medical license might keep medical personnel from blabbing in the US. It's hard to get records without logging into the computer these days and that leaves a trail.

This is very true but I wouldn't put it pass someone to try to pay for such information. It's happened before when medical workers have been fired for violating HIPPA. Not to say all medical processional would do but every profession has a bad egg or two. And paying someone 25, 50 or 100K for information like that. To some its like hitting the lottery!

For our non American friends...HIPPA is a law in the States. Among other things it guarantees that your medical information is private and cannot be shared with anyone other than medical professionals pertaining to your care. I believe hospitals can be fined for violating HIPPA and people have been known to be fined and/or fired for doing so as well. Likewise certain well known persons have had their rights violated and people have lost their jobs for selling information.

We shall see....

Last edited:
TMZ now stalking Doria.

They caught her getting a VIP pick up from her house and followed her to the airport.

At least Meghan will have her mom soon.

I just wonder why all this os happening now. How were Doria and Tom going to be a part of the wedding when they've never been to London! Have they tried on their clothes? Do they even know where they are supposed to stand?!
Blaming your own kids for your heart attack?! Wow!

Interesting timeline in relation to his alleged heart attack last week. A link for the article is listed below:

TUESDAY MAY 8: On Monday May 14, Thomas Markle Sr claims he suffered a heart attack six days ago - making it either Tuesday or Wednesday May 8 or 9. He claims he checked himself out of hospital in order to attend the royal wedding. Markle Sr was at his home from Sunday 7 onwards and was not seen leaving it at any time

WEDNESDAY MAY 9: Markle leaves his Mexican home at 8.30pm. He checks into the Rodeway Inn in San Ysidro, just across the U.S. border, and shops at a nearby 7-11. He is seen purchasing Gas X medication, a milkshake and a bottle of Heineken

THURSDAY MAY 10: At 4.10am Markle drives 135 miles to his property in Los Feliz. He picks up mail at UPS before stopping in to CVS to buy his former wife Doria Ragland, Meghan’s mother, a card and returning home. He is later photographed purchasing two Happy Meals and a creamy drink at a McDonalds drive-thru. He also bought a large pot of flowers for his estranged wife from a Home Depot. Later that afternoon, he is pictured dropping off the flowers and card at Doria Ragland's home. He is then pictured picking up KFC close to the Mexico border as he returns to his Mexico home.

FRIDAY MAY 11: Markle remains in his Mexico home

SATURDAY MAY 12: Markle remains in his Mexico home

SUNDAY MAY 13: The Mail on Sunday reveals that Markle has been staging paparazzi photos of himself in the run up to the royal wedding - the photos have raised north of $110,000. Markle remains in his Mexico home

MONDAY May 14: Markle announces he will not attend his daughter's wedding or walk her down the aisle. According to TMZ, he admitted to staging paparazzi photos in the run up to the wedding. Sources say Kensington Palace was blindsided by the decision. In a statement they say is is a deeply personal matter for Ms Markle

Read more: Meghan Markle's father won't attend royal wedding | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I just wonder why all this os happening now. How were Doria and Tom going to be a part of the wedding when they've never been to London! Have they tried on their clothes? Do they even know where they are supposed to stand?!

Well, Doria (and Tom before this fiasco) were likely given the parameters of the dress code and instructed to get an outfit before the wedding that fit. I assume Doria's outfit was bought/made in the US and will be packed for the big day.

Doria will be in London tomorrow morning. I am 100% sure Meghan got her hooked up with Burberry. She was spotted carrying a Burberry garment bag today.

Last edited:

The same as any people do at destination weddings. She is arriving on Wednesday. There is plenty of time for those in the wedding party to have a rehersal. Rehersals are usually one in the day or two leading up to the wedding. Doria unless she is now walking her daughter, would be sitting during the ceremony.

Doria is not a member of the bridal party. She could very well have got her outfit back in the US. I believe there was also talk her mother was in London a while ago, for planning. If her outfit is being made there, she could have been measured then for it.

If this tweet is true, and Kensington Palace advised them at the START of 2018 NOT to speak to the press, than all of their actions since January speaks VOLUMES IMO.

Both Tom and Sam have tried to browbeat Meghan and the BRF into inviting them, tried to make it look like they were hung out to dry with no guidance, no is answering their calls (I said this) no one is answering their emails, writing letters to tabloids, appearing on British television and all they had to do was say NO COMMENT. And a large percentage of this stuff would have never had to happen. All to sell out their sister.

None of It.

Like I said before here, I want to know all the *facts* of this hospital that Sr says he is in before I believe him. Anyone that has a heart attack knows you get to a darn hospital asap....that is a given for I have been there.

This man is so unbelievable to me, he talks to TMZ from a hospital bed, he blames everyone for his problems and yes, we all know the siblings are certifiably crazy.

I want *facts* here, *proof* that what he says about heart problems is true, not just words out of his mouth either be he in a Mexican or American hospital for before I believe this man. I have no sympathy for anyone in this family, none what so ever......why is it hard to want *proof* of what he says...we have to prove our facts here.

And I am of the very firm belief that Sam and Jr will never go away, even when the wedding is over and life goes on, there will be times in Meghan and Harry's life that they will come forth to create hell for them. Be it a child, a Christmas holiday, a event somewhere, they are going to use Meghan till their last breath. Muhler had it right in his comments...he hit the nail right on the head big time.......

I have lived a long life and have seen this crap before in private and public.....and I am weary and skeptical of these Markles from the beginning and boy they have been showing their true colors all long here day in and day out........so whom are you going to to believe......the Markles or *Proof* that someone is lying.

If this tweet is true, and Kensington Palace advised them at the START of 2018 NOT to speak to the press, than all of their actions since January speaks VOLUMES IMO.

Both Tom and Sam have tried to browbeat Meghan and the BRF into inviting them, tried to make it look like they were hung out to dry with no guidance, no is answering their calls (I said this) no one is answering their emails, writing letters to tabloids, appearing on British television and all they had to do was say NO COMMENT. And a large percentage of this stuff would have never had to happen. All to sell out their sister.

None of It.

She also admits that she and Meghan are not peers, they did not grow up together and her relationship is more that of a distant Aunt.

Yet the UK media prints and repeated every word denigrating Meghan as if it was TRUTH!

They only gave the siblings a platform because they agreed with what they where doing even though they told lie after lie after lie.

I thought we learned something from Diana, and yet the press gleefully tried to destroy Harry and Meghan's day.

Since Sam and the father are still communicating, I imagine that Harry and Meghan have had to closely guard what they tell him because he tells Sam and then the press gets that info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom