Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read on Rebecca English's Twitter that Doria wasn't expected in London until Wednesday and that's when she will be arriving.

I wonder if that's why C&C landed near KP today - the family might be closing ranks around Meghan in support.

I wonder if that's why C&C landed near KP today - the family might be closing ranks around Meghan in support.

I read C&C just arrived back from overseas, had to get to London and that's where their helicopter pad is. Camilla had an engagement this evening.
But I do hope everyone is being supportive and practical.

Meanwhile in another part of the world little children are having explosives strapped to their bodies .... this wedding really isn’t a big deal if you think about it
If he comes or not

If Mr Markle is having heart problems as has been reported I would not leave him to the local hospitals. LA has world class medical facilities with
Cedars-Sinai being one of to top cardiac hospitals in the country. I would simply insist. He should be provided transport asap.

Omid reported end of last week Doria was in London in order to be there for Mother's Day and the wedding.

LaRae

Omid's not exactly shown himself to be a reliable royal reporter, in my opinion. I mean, in the same tweet where he claimed Doria was in London already he also claimed that Tom Sr was enroute to London. He's been proven wrong on both counts.

I haven't seen the 'wednesday' tweet from Rebecca. But I did see where she tweeted a few days ago that Doria wasn't due until this week some time.

I believe the photos of her leaving yoga in LA today more then I do Omid or Emily. If we believed them, both Tom and Doria would have been in London this weekend.

Omid's not exactly shown himself to be a reliable royal reporter, in my opinion. I mean, in the same tweet where he claimed Doria was in London already he also claimed that Tom Sr was enroute to London. He's been proven wrong on both counts.

Honestly, Omid is far from being a journalist or rather a royal reporter. At best he is simply another blogger who somehow managed to finagle his way to a trashy rag, er, tabloid job at US magazine.

He is always 99% wrong in his so called "exclusive" scoops.

Back to Mr. Markle as another member said if he is in seriously poor health he should make his way to Ceders Sinai hospital in Los Angeles or a hospital in San Diego instead of relying on local hospitals in Rosarito, Mexico.

I do hope he gets some rest and will recover quickly for his own personal sake and no one else.

Did we really need that so called Daily Fail article about him?

They really want to destroy Meghan and all because she is marrying the 6th in line???!!

Don't worry. Markles do this job instead of Daily Mail.

A reminder to you all about your interaction with one another:

Please be thoughtful in the way that you post and avoid entering into unnecessary arguments or bickering with other members. Be respectful of other member’s points of view particularly when they differ from you own.

Thank you.

There's an old saying that if one person calls you an ass, you can pretty much ignore it. If the general consensus of the people deem you an ass, its time to go out and buy a saddle. With the Markle family we could all make a fortune selling saddle soap.

I think one of the biggest blessings of this wedding is that Meghan is changing her name. Reconciliation after all this mess seems like a pipe dream. I'm just relieved that she doesn't have to go through all this alone.

What a circus, Meghan's family wasn't present at her first wedding and nobody seemed to care, including Meghan herself. Of course marrying Prince Harry is very different, so they try to play happy family when it clearly isn't and we all can see it going down the drain.

The Markle family are all playing happy families? The way Samantha has behaved for the last two years hasn't given me that impression at all! And yes, she and her brother certainly wanted to impose themselves into a Royal wedding.

I'm certain that Meghan didn't care that her half siblings weren't there at her first wedding. Her mother was, though, and how do we know that Meghan didn't care that her father wasn't present in Jamaica? Has she ever said so?

Incidentally, for what it's worth Morton said that Meghan and Trevor had a short civil ceremony in LA before they had the beach ceremony and celebrations. We don't know if Tom was present at that.

Isn't it Good Morning Britain where Tom Markle, Jr.'s ex-wife who hasn't seen Meghan in 20 years and mother to the nephews are supposed to be "royal correspondents" for the wedding Saturday? Wonder if they're going to go ahead with these very far flung, once upon a time related to Meghan, people and expect them to be credible?

I seem to keep thinking I've read somewhere in an article posted a long time ago that Samantha did threaten to sabotage this wedding and now, with Piers Morgan calling her out, it just becomes more and more plausible to me that Samantha was behind the scenes directing this horror story.

What's up next? Samantha raging that an uncaring Meghan is going ahead with her wedding as her father lays close to death in the hospital.

@Osipi,

Your last sentence is going along the lines I've been thinking, but been reluctant to say. It could be, that she's been offered a substantial amount of money if this wedding gets called off.

Good morning Britain have in fact invited Meghan's ex sister-in-law and nephew, who haven't seen Meghan in decades, as their wedding correspondents. According to Richard Palmer, it's part of the back story. I'm failing to see who's back story.

Good Morning Britain did invite the Dooleys to be wedding correspondents in March on a live show. That was before the geniuses gave an interview to DM about their weed farm. Now that Grandpa and Aunt Sam are embroiled in a major scandal showrunners may have dumped them. The Facebook photos posted by one of the Dooleys show they came on their own dime. I have not seen any recent confirmation they will be on GMB. If they are, Piers Morgan may be on to rip into them as he did Samantha.

The wedding will not be called off because of these troublemakers. Too much time and money has been spent and Meghan and Harry will not cave to them. Let Sam screed about not calling off the wedding because Dad is ill; it will get them nothing.

Last edited:
From Victoria Arbiter:

"I think the Markles need an afternoon in a room with Prince Philip! He’ll set them straight."

?

I suspect He did it to try to shut Samantha up. She probably harangued him everyday

Its not a matter of class but rather family dynamics. People can and do behave badly no matter what their situations in life are.

To think a whole lot of this started simply because some of the distanced family felt snubbed at not being invited to a wedding. Its not even really the wedding itself and the people involved getting married but rather its the status and the high profile of this wedding that is the draw. Some people are just really attracted to coat tails for a free ride up a gilded ladder.

I seriously doubt that if Meghan had met someone different than Harry, say a lighting director on Suits, and fallen in love and was planning a wedding, most of Meghan's extended, dysfunctional family members wouldn't have given it the time of day or even sent a congratulatory note.

Egos are what makes some people their own worse enemies and I even seriously doubt that Piers Morgan's words shot at Ms. Grant had any kind of an impact at all. Her ego isn't allowing that.

Move a few things around in anybody's closet and you're for sure to hear some skeletons rattling about.

I'm not a fan of soap operas nor do I particularly care for tabloid reporting but with these recent developments, all kinds of sick and twisted things are creating headlines for the tabloids and they're cackling with glee all the way to the bank. This one totally takes the cake of what I've seen over the past several days. I normally would just pass this by but it all came out in the open this morning on Good Morning Britain with Piers Morgan.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/la...-britain-itv-today-piers-morgan-thomas-markle

What a circus !
In a way i understand now when Harry talked about "the family she never had".
I'm afraid this is just the beggining . This so called "family" will cash on their brand new royal connections until the end of time ...
Not the serenity and dignity you could expect from a Royal Wedding. Good luck KP with that ...

Last edited by a moderator:

More like damage control I suspect...

What a circus !
In a way i understand now when Harry talked about "the family she never had".
I'm afraid this is just the beggining . This so called "family" will cash on their brand new royal connections until the end of time ...
Not the serenity and dignity you could expect from a Royal Wedding. Good luck KP with that ...

I agree. This is becoming painful to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts comparing the Markle Family and the Royal Family have been deleted/edited as have those relating to the Middleton Family. This thread is about the Markle Family ONLY - stick with that topic please.

Its not a matter of class but rather family dynamics. People can and do behave badly no matter what their situations in life are.

To think a whole lot of this started simply because some of the distanced family felt snubbed at not being invited to a wedding. Its not even really the wedding itself and the people involved getting married but rather its the status and the high profile of this wedding that is the draw. Some people are just really attracted to coat tails for a free ride up a gilded ladder.

I seriously doubt that if Meghan had met someone different than Harry, say a lighting director on Suits, and fallen in love and was planning a wedding, most of Meghan's extended, dysfunctional family members wouldn't have given it the time of day or even sent a congratulatory note. She still hasn't learned that she's is portrayed a certain way because of her own actions and people see her for exactly who she is no matter how many lies she tries to spew.

Egos are what makes some people their own worse enemies and I even seriously doubt that Piers Morgan's words shot at Ms. Grant had any kind of an impact at all. Her ego isn't allowing that.

Agreed. I chuckled when she said one has the right to control how they are being portrayed. Actually, with there is a free press, there is a lot o limitation to that. Which is why people can try to curate a certain image, but it's always a double edged sword when you invite the media in.

But if he ended up needing help with the paparazzi (and that's a big if), why didn't tptb realize ahead of time that he might need to be coached and groomed before the wedding?

Does anyone remember when the photos of him at the internet cafe came out, the beating I got for mentioning that they should have 'brought him in' for some polishing? Now what do you think about that idea? Why didn't BP treat him like a prince, bring him over for a couple weeks, show him the sites and let him get used to playing a role in this spectacle? That is, IF you believe that he just couldn't handle the paparazzi/pressure.

KP has egg on their faces, this whole media circus shows how little control and foresight they have imo.

I agree 500%

I suppose we do not know if the family was offered some counselling on the matter by the palace. It would be rather logical to do so, esp in Britain as the media circus is of an enormous intensity.

It is tricky to counsel people who simply do not care and who have no loyalty to their relative & are looking for personal gain. Remember the father of Crown Princess Mette-Marit who sadly became an absurdity & was exploited by the (German?) tabloid press. Or that awful aunt of Queen Letizia who enjoys embarrassing her niece. And there was the pole-dancing (2nd) cousin of then crown princess Maxima who was hired for certain parties here in The Netherlands. So the Markles are hardly unique in that aspect. The difference is that there seem to be so many problematic people in the paternal family. If anything it shows that Meghan was absolutely right in not inviting them.

IMHO the gutter press is playing an objectionable role in this whole circus. How does Piers Morgan have the audacity to present himself as a moral arbiter while his own newspaper *paid* Mr Markle? They could show some restraint and choose not to give these people all the attention that they do.

Last edited:
This is becoming surreal. Can anyone here think of any other pre Royal wedding controversy/disaster that tops this??:eek:

Prince Albert of Monaco's baby mama/runaway bride drama?

Maxima Zorriegueta's dicey father?

Countess Stephanie de Lannoy's mother dropping dead only a few weeks before the big day?

I think this must top them all! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out but I would not trade places with Meghan Markle for all the tea in China.:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom