Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, please, I could see that he needed help!! :sad: Come on, he lives pinching pennies beyond the border, does not work, is overweight and not in good health. He has not even met Prince Harry for goodness sake! For all we know he hasn't seen his daughter in person for years! Yet, she expects that he walks her down the aisle at St. George's chapel...And you think he's going to seamlessly go from buying beer at 7/11 to having tea with the Queen at Windsor Castle? Let's be realistic!

Meghan spent Thanksgiving in 2016 with both her parents (and most likely told them about dating Harry if she hadn't done that by that time). Not introducing Harry to her father is what has concerned me most from the start. I never believed in the 'close relationship' that some attributed to them.

[...] Had Tom wanted security, I'm sure the same would've been provided for him. And no, I don't think confining someone to place they don't know is a good idea unless they want it. And clearly, neither wanted it and wanted to go about their own lives. And what does going to buy beer have anything to do with having tea with the Queen? I'm sure Harry has also bought beer in his life, don't see that as a conflict from having tea with Queen. Tom might not have been as comfortable going in, but I highly doubt he has to spend a significant amount of time at tea. Suck it up and spend an hour with an in-law for your daughter isn't too much to ask. Still not seeing how Meghan should've seen this mess coming. He's said he'd love to walk her down the aisle, and he's never spilled any dirty laundry to the media before.

I'm sorry but I think you're being naive.

People even on here were calling Meghan out, when Doria was pictured by paparazzi doing her laundry in laundromat. Meghan should've this and that, bought her a washing machine, or a bigger house and bigger washing machine. And Doria is coping just fine. I never thought there was anything wrong with her using laundromat.

Similarly Tom Sr being pictured buying a toilet was nothing to talk about. Certainly nothing for Meghan to get concerned over.

I personally think, that the 'Tom Sr was so embarrassed over the paparazzi pictures, and decided to get some good ones out there' was just total pile of you know what. I think he just got a really tempting offer, and decided to take it. I read it mentioned, how he passed so many tell all interviews, but a few posed paparazzi shots were too tempting to pass by. I haven't seen anything alarming in any pictures, which would've made me think, that Meghan needed to fly over, pack him in a box, and force him to live in London for the time being. I don't also think, that Tom Sr would've welcomed an assistant. He IS an adult man, has made some dodgy choices recently, and he's responsible for them, not Meghan.

Meghan spent Thanksgiving in 2016 with both her parents (and most likely told them about dating Harry if she hadn't done that by that time). Not introducing Harry to her father is what has concerned me most from the start. I never believed in the 'close relationship' that some attributed to them.

Well, that does make it a year and a half.

I agree with you with regard to the "close relationship". Not introducing Prince Harry to her father is odd and troubling.

If Meghan's mother ends up walking her down the aisle, I expect most reporters and the public to have sympathy for her that somehow her father was not in a position to do so. If after this mess, her father is still the one to walk her down the aisle, I don't expect people to feel as much sympathy for her as than she clearly is fine with his behavior (might be the reasoning) and the whole wedding just one big masquerade (it's easy to blow things out of proportion, just trying to think how the media might spin this).

Very true. The risk, though, is that she will play victim and that can trigger other issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be very sad if Meghan's father did not attend her wedding because he feels guilty about this--as royal family scandals go, this doesn't even crack the top 10.

I don't know whether he has actually decided not to go, has been disinvited, or will be there with bells on. Whatever decision he and Meghan make, I hope that neither of them looks back on her wedding day with regret.

I'm sorry but I think you're being naive.
How is it being naive to say that if you provide security for one parent, you'd do it for the other? Or how about sucking it up for one hour for tea with the Queen? This isn't a state occasion, I'm she won't scold him for sticking up his pinky when he drinks his tea if he does.

Very true. The risk, though, is that she will play victim and that can trigger other issues.

How has she played the victim? If she wanted that, she'd been able to long ago justifiably. And really, this woman is dealing with the consequences of other people's dysfunction and mess. And it is the week of her wedding of all the times they could screw up royally.

It's obvious that Meghan's relationship with her father isn't as smooth sailing as her mother's. But I don't think it's the distant one that posters on here has speculated it to be. Even today, after this whole mess, Meghan and Harry are still asking for respect and understanding for her father. You just simply don't go out of your way for your father on a mess he created if you don't love him deeply.

It’s a shame in all of their selfishness that their true colors emerge and none of them have given any thought to Meghan other than how they can benefit from her.

Well, that does make it a year and a half.

I agree with you with regard to the "close relationship". Not introducing Prince Harry to her father is odd and troubling.

And yet a number of posters here shared stories about not meeting their partner's parents until just before or even several years after their weddings.

Last edited:
Blaming Meghan for someone else’s actions, my goodness, that’s just another excuse......(I need some kind of chaser to get that down)

I just called my mom and dad and thanked them for being who they are - because my dad would never do such a thing. I'm praying Doria is already in London - because Meghan really needs her mom right now. Harry must be apoplectic with rage. I hope Wil&Kate have surrounded Meghan and Harry with love and brought the kids to cheer them up.

What a ghastly situation.

I'm sick for Meghan. I can barely say much else. I was in training all day and had homework from the training and logged on to see what was up and came into this thread and had my mind blown. I feel blindsided by this news and just sick on Meghan's behalf.

I'm also very sad to see people blaming Meghan. I can't even muster up the outrage I'm just so sad on her behalf.

What's nuts is the Lifetime TV movie didn't even need to manufacture drama - they could have just waited for this - now who will walk Meghan down the aisle? My God I can't even...

Just to be clear: to me, it's not a question of BLAME, but of RESPONSIBILITY. Obviously, Mr. Markle's choices are his own. But imho both (and I stress "both") MM and KP should have been a little more careful, responsible and pro-active in handling the clearly hyper-dysfunctional Markle family. It is a sad and embarrassing situation for all involved.

It’s classic victim blaming.

No, it;s not. Again, I think many of us are talking of responsibility, reality, practicality, not blame. But, see it as you like.

And yet a number of posters here shared stories about not meeting their partner's parents until just before or even several years after their weddings.

I'm sure it's not an ideal situation though, and I'm sure none of them got married on live television in front of billion of people, :whistling:

No, it;s not. Again, I think many of us are talking of responsibility, reality, practicality, not blame. But, see it as you like.

How in the world is placing one person’s behavior as something another person is responsible for not blaming? Call it what you like, but saying Meghan is responsible for this is blaming.

How is it being naive to say that if you provide security for one parent, you'd do it for the other? Or how about sucking it up for one hour for tea with the Queen? This isn't a state occasion, I'm she won't scold him for sticking up his pinky when he drinks his tea if he does.

It's naive to think that you can seamlessly go from one lifestyle to another (very public and very stressful even for people who are used to the limelight!) without a minimum o preparation and time to get used to it.

Just imagine if tomorrow morning you had to fly to London, go the the Globe Theatre, have a quick dress rehearsal, meet the Queen and then appear on the stage on live tv in front of billion of people to recite to verses from Shakespeare. I'm sure you'll be fine, right? ?

Just to be clear: to me, it's not a question of BLAME, but of RESPONSIBILITY. Obviously, Mr. Markle's choices are his own. But imho both (and I stress "both") MM and KP should have been a little more careful, responsible and pro-active in handling the clearly hyper-dysfunctional Markle family. It is a sad and embarrassing situation for all involved.

Meghan's dad is an entirely different issue than the relatives who are after their 15 minutes of fame from being related to Meghan. There is nothing for KP to do but ignore such people-acknowledging them would just make it worse.

It's naive to think that you can seamlessly go from one lifestyle to another (very public and very stressful even for people who are used to the limelight!) without a minimum o preparation and time to get used to it.

Just imagine if tomorrow morning you had to fly to London, go the the Globe Theatre, have a quick dress rehearsal, meet the Queen and then appear on the stage on live tv in front of billion of people to recite to verses from Shakespeare. I'm sure you'll be fine, right? ?

Yes, I think it might be harder than some think it would/should be.

Last edited:
I just called my mom and dad and thanked them for being who they are - because my dad would never do such a thing. I'm praying Doria is already in London - because Meghan really needs her mom right now. Harry must be apoplectic with rage. I hope Wil&Kate have surrounded Meghan and Harry with love and brought the kids to cheer them up.

I'm sick for Meghan. I can barely say much else. I was in training all day and had homework from the training and logged on to see what was up and came into this thread and had my mind blown. I feel blindsided by this news and just sick on Meghan's behalf.

I'm also very sad to see people blaming Meghan. I can't even muster up the outrage I'm just so sad on her behalf.

What's nuts is the Lifetime TV movie didn't even need to manufacture drama - they could have just waited for this - now who will walk Meghan down the aisle? My God I can't even...

Omid reported end of last week Doria was in London in order to be there for Mother's Day and the wedding.

LaRae

How in the world is placing one person’s behavior as something another person is responsible for not blaming? Call it what you like, but saying Meghan is responsible for this is blaming.

As I said we clearly see it differently, but at least give me credit where credit is due: I'm making BOTH MM and KP (which include Perince Harry) responsible, so I'm not singling MM for whatever reasons you like to think.

How has she played the victim? If she wanted that, she'd been able to long ago justifiably. And really, this woman is dealing with the consequences of other people's dysfunction and mess. And it is the week of her wedding of all the times they could screw up royally.

I didn't say she has. Please, re-read my post.

Omid reported end of last week Doria was in London in order to be there for Mother's Day and the wedding.

LaRae

Doria was still in Los Angeles as of this afternoon. She was photographed going to yoga class. Now she may be on her way now, but the report about her being in London last week was wrong.

With the exception of reciting Shakespeare(which I’m sure Tom Sr won’t have to do unless he wants to), I feel like I’m going to be fine if I have to suck it up for someone I love. He just needs to sit there and make nice privately. And the only thing he needs to do at St. George’s is walk. All of which he could’ve said no to months ago. And let’s be clear, his way of life isn’t changing from one to the other. He continues to live the life he has led. He’s not having tea with the Queen everyday or on live television everyday. It’s a one off situation. And he’s had a year and half to get used to it. Hardly minimum preparation or time.

I didn't say she has. Please, re-read my post.

People don’t just start playing victim after they’ve been publicly abused and bullied for a year and half and not do so. My point is it’s a baseless assumption of what someone might do.

Now this news about Yvonne's internet presence really makes sense!

I was going to respond to AlowVera that the dynamics and bullying of Meghan seem racially motivated. That is just my gut feeling. Meghan has a very real and important mission as such a focal point to help society make shifts in treating her with dignity and respect, while recignizing and calling out the hyenas for what they are.

I'm sorry for the pressure I can only imagine this adds to the stress of a wedding - for the couple, especially for Meghan - and kudos to Prince Harry for what he learns and his honorable behavior as this plays out.

Sorry to disrupt the flow of the conversation, but can you or anyone else tell me who Yvonne is?

I don't follow Prince Harry and Meghan as closely as others on this board so I am lost as to whom this Yvonne person is.

Thank you for responding.

Sorry to disrupt the flow of the conversation, but can you or anyone else tell me who Yvonne is?

I don't follow Prince Harry and Meghan as closely as others on this board so I am lost as to whom this Yvonne person is.

Thank you for responding.

Samantha. Her birth name and the name used growing up is Yvonne.

Doria was still in Los Angeles as of this afternoon. She was photographed going to yoga class. Now she may be on her way now, but the report about her being in London last week was wrong.

Omid and the 2 Emily's must be slipping!

LaRae

I feel the same. I am weirdly and deeply saddened by this. It’s not like I really know her.

My husband and I derided to marry weeks after meeting, and my dad was hugely supportive. He traveled a thousand miles to be there, got a tux, took my son for a haircut, went out of his way to make my husband feel like a part of the family etc. etc. and cannot fathom him betraying my trust as Tom Sr has, then making it worse by not showing up to support me getting married. I can imagine Meghan looking forward to having that memory of her father too and it makes me sick that he is not man enough to stand with his girl on such an important day.

Let's please move on from the 'playing victim/victim blaming' discussion. If you wish to continue the conversation, you can take it to PM.

I have read on Rebecca English's Twitter that Doria wasn't expected in London until Wednesday and that's when she will be arriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom