The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1741  
Old 04-27-2018, 02:56 AM
Missy-'s Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Beautiful PNW, United States
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Pretty interesting article highlighting Meghan's circle of friends. What I liked about it was how they actually mentioned her non celebrity friends. You can tell this person attempted to be somewhat accurate. Also a lot of interesting quotes from some of her more well known friends.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...iends-come-too
The 'family' section of the flow chart graphic in that article shows a picture of her beagle Guy, which made me wonder if he's still a part of the family.
__________________

  #1742  
Old 04-27-2018, 04:30 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
I would think Guy is very much part of the family, I don't see any reason to think otherwise.
__________________

  #1743  
Old 04-27-2018, 05:55 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy- View Post
The 'family' section of the flow chart graphic in that article shows a picture of her beagle Guy, which made me wonder if he's still a part of the family.
Why wouldn’t he be?
  #1744  
Old 04-27-2018, 06:44 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,278
We do know that Guy relocated to London along with Meghan and it wasn't that long ago there was news that Guy had a mishap and injured himself. I believe it was also reported that he was on the mend.

I would imagine that he's staying with Harry and Meghan in Nottingham Cottage at KP.

https://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty...d-broken-legs/
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #1745  
Old 04-27-2018, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Seems like it Xenia. I'd never heard of her till she was dating Harry. She's had fairly steady work, but she' wasn't famous. Not htat being "A List" means you're necessarily a great actor.. because it often has more to do with looks and determination.. and luck.. Meghan may well have been a good actress technically but she simply had not become a star... However I'm guessing she's a competent but far from brilliant actress... and she was employed which in a job like acting, is doing pretty well... But she wasn't famous....
I agree. She went from a little-known actress to the most googled actress in the world because of dating Harry.

But I also don't believe Meghan has a passion for acting, like some do.
It seems she enjoyed it but it really wasn't her reason for being.

In any case, now she's going to have the biggest stage ever!
  #1746  
Old 04-27-2018, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I agree. She went from a little-known actress to the most googled actress in the world because of dating Harry.

But I also don't believe Meghan has a passion for acting, like some do.
It seems she enjoyed it but it really wasn't her reason for being.

In any case, now she's going to have the biggest stage ever!
I think at one point that’s her thing. But people grow up and their priorities change. We’ve seen that in Meghan’s work outside of Suits before this. Like other have said before, philanthropy isn’t just something she picked up because she as involved with Harry, she was doing it before he came along. At some point t, she realized at this point in her life, that’s more important to her and gives her a feeling of being that acting didn’t provide. As she said in her engagement box, she felt like once they reached 100 episodes, so felt like she could check the box that part of her life. She felt that she completed a lifelong goal she’s had. Now it’s time to move on.
  #1747  
Old 04-27-2018, 07:33 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
She even said her job paid for her ability to do what she loved, charity work. So yeah I don't think being an actress was a must for her...she wasn't one of the ladies who's identity was tied up in being an actress.


LaRae
  #1748  
Old 04-27-2018, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
She even said her job paid for her ability to do what she loved, charity work. So yeah I don't think being an actress was a must for her...she wasn't one of the ladies who's identity was tied up in being an actress.


LaRae
For some actors and actresses, being themselves is the hardest part. Meghan doesn't seem to have problems with that.
  #1749  
Old 04-27-2018, 08:27 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Yep they lose their sense of self and I agree, Meghan doesn't seem to have any issue with that.


LaRae
  #1750  
Old 04-27-2018, 08:29 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 8,909
I would take ‘Im only an actress to support my real passion of charity work’ with a few pinches of virtue signalling salt.

I suppose she could have moved to Calcutta and worked with lepers and not been a tv actress at all.

Would make it more difficult to Instagram from there though.
  #1751  
Old 04-27-2018, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
I don't know if she actually said she's only an actress to support her passion for charity work or is that something people have come up with based on different things she's said and some assumptions.

However, by all accounts, she was thinking about her life after Suits, and making a change for the better is definitely where she wanted to go based on all accounts we've heard and based on her own actions. She was getting more and more involved with various charitable efforts on her own even before this.

Busy news day on the royal front.

Prince Harry's private secretary, Edward Lane Fox, will be leaving his post in the summer after five years. Samantha Cohen, HMQ's assistant private secretary, will serve as interim private secretary.


For some reason, I thought Samantha Cohen's name was familiar. Wasn't she involved in some of the drama that went on behind the scenes or something?
  #1752  
Old 04-27-2018, 08:47 AM
ACO ACO is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I would take ‘Im only an actress to support my real passion of charity work’ with a few pinches of virtue signalling salt.
Not taking for a grain of salt. I believe her for the most part because we know it wasn't her 1st choice but it provided her with a lifestyle she enjoyed. I don't think it is quite that word for word. And I do think she enjoyed her career but I won't say it was her main passion. We saw pre-Harry how involved she still was in the political side of things. Case and point her UN Women's speech and writing letters at age 11. And also how she was constantly branching out to do other things, in particular "The Tig". She now has a bigger platform.
  #1753  
Old 04-27-2018, 08:50 AM
Royal Suitor's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Coast, United States
Posts: 241
I agree Meghan's visibility grew exponentially due to her relationship with Harry. But, it takes the Person + Platform = Effect. I don't think you'd see the same impact with just any warm body standing in as Harry's girlfriend/fiancée.
  #1754  
Old 04-27-2018, 09:10 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I don't know if she actually said she's only an actress to support her passion for charity work or is that something people have come up with based on different things she's said and some assumptions.

However, by all accounts, she was thinking about her life after Suits, and making a change for the better is definitely where she wanted to go based on all accounts we've heard and based on her own actions. She was getting more and more involved with various charitable efforts on her own even before this.
It was an interview posted here last year ...she talked about it.


LaRae
  #1755  
Old 04-27-2018, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It was an interview posted here last year ...she talked about it.


LaRae
I don't think that was an exact quote.
  #1756  
Old 04-27-2018, 09:24 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
It was never indicated as such either.


LaRae
  #1757  
Old 04-27-2018, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
My point is there is some assumption in that she was just an actress to support her charitable work. She's never hinted her acting work is simply that. I think it's quite dismissive to suggest it as such even as her philanthropic efforts begin to take a bigger part of her life.
  #1758  
Old 04-27-2018, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Suitor View Post


With that said, I agree Meghan's visibility grew exponentially due to her relationship with Harry. But, it takes the Person + Platform = Effect. I don't think you'd see the same impact with just any warm body standing in as Harry's girlfriend/fiancée.

I have to disagree.
Chelsy Davy was unknown, but her past relationship with Harry guarantees her press coverage now, even though it is years since they parted.

Cressida Bonas was a wannabe actress; being with Harry got her publicity, followed by job offers. She's constantly photographed leaving the theater.

I honestly believe the impact would be the same, no matter who Harry was marrying.
  #1759  
Old 04-27-2018, 09:47 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Not really an assumption Jacqui since I read the interview and she specifically mentioned her work as an actress making it possible to do her charity work which she loved.

It's not dismissive at all, I think it's admirable that she used her talents to figure out how to fund her passion.


LaRae
  #1760  
Old 04-27-2018, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I have to disagree.
Chelsy Davy was unknown, but her past relationship with Harry guarantees her press coverage now, even though it is years since they parted.

Cressida Bonas was a wannabe actress; being with Harry got her publicity, followed by job offers.

I honestly believe the impact would be the same, no matter who Harry was marrying.
I think this discussion might have veered off a bit, but the original Meghan Effect we were discussing was her clothes flying off the shelves as soon as she's seen in them. I don't think that's happening for Chelsey or Cressida. I don't know if it did before as I didn't follow them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Not really an assumption Jacqui since I read the interview and she specifically mentioned her work as an actress making it possible to do her charity work which she loved.

It's not dismissive at all, I think it's admirable that she used her talents to figure out how to fund her passion.


LaRae
I still think there is quite a distance from her saying her acting working made it possible to do her philanthropic work to she's only an actress as a way to fund her philanthropic work. One is is gives her the opportunity, whether financially or the opportunity or both, to do this work. The other saying that's just a means to an end.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, meghan markle, royal family


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018 soapstar Current Events Archive 832 05-20-2018 06:28 AM
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018 Cocoasneeze Current Events Archive 1431 05-20-2018 06:25 AM
Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018 JessRulz Archives 2048 05-19-2018 03:22 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american baby names biography britain britannia british royal family british royals buckingham palace camilla parker bowles canada carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing clarence house cpr dna dresses duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii elizabeth ii emperor family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hochberg hypothetical monarchs jewellery jewelry kensington palace list of rulers maxima mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen elizabeth ii queen louise queen victoria resusci anne royal court royal jewels royalty of taiwan russian court dress spain stuart thailand thai royal family unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×