Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Meghan, I hope she calls her Dad and asks him to come to the wedding.

Sometimes the own family can be your biggest enemy. (I have to say that my family has never ever been my biggest enemy. But I know families,....)

I don't.

Him changing his mind and coming at the last minute makes it even more so a frenzy. This should be the lead up to the happy week in his daughter's life and he has added to the stress of it. He is supposed to support her not stress her out.

Either you or in or you out.

I am not super close to my family. Until my grandmother passed my mother talked her everyday. That is just not me. But I am also not talking a lot to anyone else. And it bothered my mother at first that we didn't talk everyday but she knows its just me (now we talk everyday via email). But I love my mother and I would drop EVERYTHING if she needed me.

Sometimes families are just toxic and you need to cut them out of your life. Not everyone grows up with a Leave it to Beaver family.

Last edited:
I guess these all reports are so reliable as the reports that Charlene Wittstock have tried to flee days before her wedding take place. It's all the silly season before the main event take place and everyone want to report something.
Good point, I guess the run away father of the bride story is less toxic than the Monaco run away bride story!

Is Good Morning Britain really that hard up for guests? I seriously doubt her nephews have any real insight into Meghan.

Odd given its host Piers Morgan is blasting her family...but giving them airtime!

Don't they have to go back to wherever they came from in the Northwest Pacific and take care of their drug business? That is their money machine besides Meghan.

It is one of the worst families I ever heard. Poor BRF.

Poor BRF? They have survived everything from Nazi in-laws(the DoE, Princess Michael) to massage parlor philanderers(Major Ronald Ferguson) and a few other messes in between.

The wildly dysfunctional Markle clan should be a piece of cake.

It's Meghan that I feel really, truly sad for. If she makes it through this wedding with her smile and her dignity intact she will have my eternal admiration and respect.:ermm:

ETA: This kind of reminds me of Jacqueline Lee Bouvier finding her father drunk and passed out on the morning of her wedding to Senator John F. Kennedy. With the eyes of the entire countrys' media on her she had her stepfather do the honors. I hope Meghan has someone comparable who can be of assistance here.

What a nightmare for her and Harry.

Last edited:
This is going to come off as really strange but, to me, its somewhat of a valid question so bear with me.

How possible would it have been for Samantha to come up with this crazy plot to talk her dad into doing "positive" pictures for a photographer, set it all up with the photographer (she admits it was her idea and that she set this all up for him) with a deal that they hit the papers right before the wedding is to happen. Would she have figured on all the blow back from these pictures and how it could up end the wedding plans? Could she have been so determined to hit out at Meghan that she would set up her own father for a fall?

Something just isn't right here. My heart goes out to Meghan and Harry for this huge thundercloud hanging over their wedding.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/20...kes-credit-for-those-staged-photos-of-her-dad

That's an interesting theory--and fairly believable. She could hurt Meghan and her father this way,

Did no one think about how her family were going to react from the very beginning? It can't be a surprise to Meghan that her half-siblings were going to react like idiots, I have a feeling this is a long-running drama between the Markle side and Meghan & her mom. I don't understand why someone didn't just pay them off and make them sign a NDA? It would have saved everyone so much stress!

I feel really sorry for Meghan, no one deserves this sh** show of a family and she had no choice, she was born into it.

I'm not so sure that a NDA would work; very likely that they would talk and think about the backlash that would give: 'Meghan tries to silence her family member so must have something terrible to hide'.

Did no one think about how her family were going to react from the very beginning? It can't be a surprise to Meghan that her half-siblings were going to react like idiots, I have a feeling this is a long-running drama between the Markle side and Meghan & her mom. I don't understand why someone didn't just pay them off and make them sign a NDA? It would have saved everyone so much stress!

I feel really sorry for Meghan, no one deserves this sh** show of a family and she had no choice, she was born into it.
I`m sorry! But I was not going to pay these vile, worthless and greedy people a blind nor seeing cent! They cannot be trusted!

Last edited:
Odd given its host Piers Morgan is blasting her family...but giving them airtime!

Hey..its hard to turn away from a train wreck. People will tune it. Its like the awful articles in the Daily Fail, you know the article is rubbish, the comments simply horrible but the pictures are fantastic!

And goodness know what Piers might say to them. They apparently have no shame when they were confronted with the fact that they haven't spoken to Meghan in 10 years? So why not take a free trip to London?!

ETA: I wouldn't pay off the family either. That's rewarding them for bad behavior. I imagine that Meghan told the BRF and KP that she didnt' have a good relationship with her family but let's face it. This relationship is unprecedented. And she probably didn't think her family and friends (hey, Nikki is that you in the corner with your 30 pieces of silver) would sell her out as much as they did. I mean, the comments Sam made once it came out that she was dating Harry, the letters written to In Touch by her brother. Who would have thought it? Have you ever come across people like this? I have, in NOVELS. Not in real life.

Last edited:
What a disaster I was feeling sorry for him then we find what he’s like. Disgusting family and they won’t go away!!! Ever !!!

First I think that Meghan has a target on her back and it is her family that is trying to destroy her entire life. For Sam to admit that she was the one that staged this entire thing with her dad to get those pictures shows just how far she will go to hurt and embarrass Meghan and tear her down. Sam is so blatantly jealous of Meghan and her life and successes that she will do anything to cause trouble for Meghan. This is not going to be over once the wedding is done, oh no, Sam will target Meghan for life now in every thing she does and I will eat my hat here if Sam stops after the wedding.

Tom Sr needs to crawl back into that dirty hole in Mexico and not rear his head again for what he is a huge betrayal to his daughter that can not be forgiven ever. He lied, he sold pictures, he posed for pictures with the media, he broke every vows of being a good father to his child......Shame on this man and his other children for I hope Meghan will never have anything to do with her dad again......yet he is not the worst dad...he just needs to crawl back to his hole and stay there!
I'm not sure that it was Samantha. It is at least as likely imo that she is telling this story to try to get the attention back to her instead of her father. Not too hard to claim that you arranged something when nobody can check and your father might be glad that he can blame someone else (although he hasn't done that so far).

I'm not sure that it was Samantha. It is at least as likely imo that she is telling this story to try to get the attention back to her instead of her father. Not too hard to claim that you arranged something when nobody can check and your father might be glad that he can blame someone else (although he hasn't done that so far).

Sounds like a good cup of kool-aid Somebody!

Her father is not some feeble guy who doesn't understand media stuff. Look at his job he did for years.

LaRae

I`m sorry! But I was not going to pay these vile, worthless and greedy people a blind nor seeing cent! They cannot be trusted!

Well, that's a perfectly valid stance (and I would do the same), but you have to know the consequences then: Honor vs peace in the family.

Well, I don't think there will ever be peace in this family, but a payout upon signing an NDA or something similar with penalties such as having to give the money back if they spill the beans might have worked. Major corporations use them all the time, they can be fairly watertight.

Maybe that was the all-night lawyer sessions Harry spoke about in the letter to the media. Maybe they wanted too much money and couldn't come to an agreement. Sorry for the speculation, just thinking out loud.

Not sure if the DF can be believed here yet I just read that Meghan's mother quit her job in LA and is wanting to open her own practice of taking care of the elderly patients. I am no good at posting links so anyone that has read this also please help out on this. Not a computer savvy person at all.

Meghan Markle: Family and Background

All we need now is a interview with Oprah and her mother!!!! And that’s looking more and more likely

Last edited:
Him changing his mind and coming at the last minute makes it even more so a frenzy. This should be the lead up to the happy week in his daughter's life and he has added to the stress of it. He is supposed to support her not stress her out.

I feel very sorry for Meghan to have to deal with all of this - there's been months of negative publicity from her half siblings and now this happens with her father only days before her wedding.

I'm very skeptical about the heart attack story. I seriously question her father's judgment.

I think it's more likely a result of embarrassment and I get the sense he wasn't comfortable attending the wedding in the first place. (If he didn't want to go, he should have told her weeks ago so KP could have released it rather than letting it blow up . I can understand her disappointment, his solution to being embarrassed is to hurt his daughter more and talk to more of the tabloid press. I would never hurt my child in such a thoughtless and public manner.

Sometimes families are just toxic and you need to cut them out of your life. Not everyone grows up with a Leave it to Beaver family.

Weddings and funerals seem to bring out the dysfunction in some people. (I experienced this with only one family member, unfortunately Meghan has so many of them.)

She’s going into solo practice. What’s the big deal. She can control who she interacts with and who has access to her. Smart move.

I imagine reporters show up at her job all the time, which can’t be fun for her coworkers. With her own business, maybe she can work from home, thus avoid subjecting her coworkers to harassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom