Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well according to the Daily Mirror if it does happen it is with the full backing of the Palace.

So I guess we shall see.

Please note that posts completely unrelated to the topic of the thread (i.e. Princess Michael of Kent etc) have been edited/deleted. Members are reminded NOT to de-rail the threads with off-topic subjects.

This is just ridiculous. People are seriously believe Daily Mirror over a flat out denial from Oprah's rep when it comes to credibility. But hey, if we can believe the worst about Meghan's mother, even though she has given no reason so far, why not?

On top of the credibility issue, Mirror is clearly hedging their bets in the words they used in this article. Even they hesitated. Shows how much they believe in their own story.

I totally agree.It’s insane. If Oprah’s reps said it didn’t happen I’m inclined to believe them. A no comment might have been suspect but they denied it. Doria hasn’t glanced in the direction of photographers or done any interviews but all of a sudden people are certain that this is true?

Well according to the Daily Mirror if it does happen it is with the full backing of the Palace.

So I guess we shall see.

The get out of jail free card ‘The backing of the Palace’. :lol:

As if any Palace would think this is a good idea. If there’s an interview it’s on Doria, Meghan and Harry.

Oprah has no reason to jeopardize her own credibility. There are better ways to handle this if it's true, and they don't want to talk about it yet. Again, Daily Mirror versus Oprah, I'll take my chances with Oprah.

As if any Palace would think this is a good idea. If there’s an interview it’s on Doria, Meghan and Harry.

Hardly. My point was to show how ridiculous their "maybe" claim is. They saying the palace would back this. But that's more believable than Oprah's reps denial.

Quite fascinating.

I totally agree.It’s insane. If Oprah’s reps said it didn’t happen I’m inclined to believe them. A no comment might have been suspect but they denied it. Doria hasn’t glanced in the direction of photographers or done any interviews but all of a sudden people are certain that this is true?

Because for many reasons, people want to believe the worse of Doria.

But the supposed interview was about racism, Rudolph, so it's doubly okay!

Oh am not at all surprised by this.

Like I said, wait and see. If there’s an interview it’s true.

Last edited:
IMO, the chances of Kensington Palace or Buckingham Palace or any palace nixing this kind of an interview are as certain as Tom Jr's meal on Harry and Meghan's wedding day sure to include the words "You want fries with that?" ;)

Wow, I'm a little dumbfounded honestly. The BRF goes Hollywood, don't think I like the sounds of it much tbh.

<caveat=Firmly in the camp of believing an official denial over a tabloid.>

The BRF survived Pippa's sit down with Matt Lauer, so I'm not sure why an interview by Doria would be any more damaging or disastrous.

</caveat>

I'm astonished that there are individuals who choose to believe tabloids who have been sued in the past for bending the truth, than the actual representative for Oprah outrightly and flatly denying that there was any such meeting and interview.

I’m in the camp of doubting that this interview exists (I believe an official denial over a tabloid musing), but...

Peter Phillips, Zara Tindall, Tom Parker Bowles, Charles Spencer... all been vocal with the press and/or done interviews. Members of the BRF have done interviews themselves - Charles has, William and Harry have, Diana certainly did...

Let’s not roast Doria for allegedly doing something that many, many others have done before.

I’m in the camp of doubting that this interview exists (I believe an official denial over a tabloid musing), but...

Peter Phillips, Zara Tindall, Tom Parker Bowles, Charles Spencer... all been vocal with the press and/or done interviews. Members of the BRF have done interviews themselves - Charles has, William and Harry have, Diana certainly did...

Let’s not roast Doria for allegedly doing something that many, many others have done before.

Absolutely, and unfairly roasting her for something that has not an inkling of proof.

No roasting going on as far as I can see, I'm merely shaking my head in a very bemused manner.

Prince Harry's mother-in-law giving Oprah an interview is a whole different thing than Peter, Zara, Tom or Charles Spencer talking to some glossy magazine imo. If it's true.

Last edited:
No roasting going on as far as I can see, I'm merely shaking my head in a very bemused manner.

Prince Harry's mother-in-law giving Oprah an interview is a whole different thing than Peter, Zara, Tom or Charles Spencer talking to some glossy magazine imo. If it's true.

That's good then as Oprah denied it happened .

Truth is that Ms. Ragland is a private citizen of the US and it actually would be totally at her own discretion whether or not she wished to grant an interview. After all that has gone down between the engagement announcement and today with Meghan's "family" seeking and gaining public attention by using Meghan as the proverbial "cash cow", I can't honestly see her own mother doing the same.

The tabloid press would love to add Doria and Oprah to their collection dishing out on in the inside scoop of Meghan's life but I don't think we're ever going to see that happen.

I want her to talk to Oprah. Doria needs to get Meghan's true story out there. Also, she can reveal the truth about her awful stepchildren. Meghan has endured attacks on her character and credibility. Everyone is making money off of Meghan, so her mother giving a free interview to Oprah is really nobody's business.

IF Doria did do an interview, I don’t believe she’d stoop to that level talking about stepchildren.

IF Doria did do an interview, I don’t believe she’d stoop to that level talking about stepchildren.

I just remember all too well when Sarah, Duchess of York appeared with Oprah and gave her side of the story after the "cash for access" scandal. It didn't do Sarah a bit of good at all.

No one needs to set Meghan's story straight or defend her. She'll be out and about in the public eye in the years ahead and her actions will define her character much better than a TV interview ever will. As for the stepchildren, the less ever said about them, the better. :D

Tom Parker Bowles is stepson to the Prince of Wales, Charles Spencer, who also gave an interview, was brother to the Princess of Wales and brother in law to the Prince. The difference is...?

Tom Parker Bowles is stepson to the Prince of Wales, Charles Spencer, who also gave an interview, was brother to the Princess of Wales and brother in law to the Prince. The difference is...?

I frankly don't think any of them should be selling their stories, period. But to go on Oprah of all places, I don't know, that's like going on Dr Phil and blabbing. Just too Hollywood imo. Not to mention that it looks like tit-for-tat with the siblings.

I agree! Tom Snr and Doria have not said anything to the press since their daughter's relationship with Prince Harry became public and they shouldn't say anything now or in the future. To do so will only invite more media intrusion into their lives because the media will expect to get commentary from them when none was given before.

I frankly don't think any of them should be selling their stories, period. But to go on Oprah of all places, I don't know, that's like going on Dr Phil and blabbing. Just too Hollywood imo. Not to mention that it looks like tit-for-tat with the siblings.

I am definitely in agreement with you here. Its not going to do anybody any good to "go on Oprah" and yammer about Meghan or her new status, her past and her relationship with half whatevers at all. It definitely would be sensationalism in my eyes and not an objective interview.

Its been mentioned that people like Tom Parker Bowles and Charles Spencer have also given interviews over time. There was a difference. Charles Spencer may have given an interview to promote his new book. Tom PB has given interviews relating to his business ventures. They were not "tell all and set the story straight" types of interviews. Doria very well could appear on Oprah on "yoga week" and demonstrate the benefits of doing yoga. That would be acceptable. To be on Oprah for the express purpose of talking about her daughter isn't acceptable.

Just because certain Markles have given the Mirror newspaper a few rotten ‘Exclusives’ - that doesn’t mean Ms Ragland will roll in the mud with them by opening her mouth in the media. Or accepting/receiving anything from them. She’s a woman of class and I just don’t see her behaving that way, sorry. The mirror might want her to sully herself but I really cannot envisage this happening at all as I’m sure she will be mindful of her daughter’s position and so far she’s proven to be a person of honour with self respect. And in any case, apart from the fact there’s been admissions of racism from the Markles themselves - Doria has no need to chat about the racism her daughter faces from sections of the media & public because it’s already out there in the open. For goodness sake even Prince Harry noticed it.:sad: ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom