Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep..that's how it is often done when you have distances, you go get measured and then send the measurements ahead.

LaRae

I think the reason that some people are a bit suspicious about this is that it's so close to the wedding; it generally takes 2-4 weeks to make a bespoke suit locally, so at T-2 weeks starting from overseas, that's cutting it very close.

Of course, there are other possibilities. He could be sending re-measurements if he's had some weight loss. As Curryong points out, it could be for a rental suit or a jacket in which to meet Harry's family.

With that said, I think the likelihood of a rental is low, personally, just because I think Meghan and her father are likely to want for him to look his best. And a well-cut bespoke suit can really elevate a man's looks.

OTOH, if the measurements *are* being sent overseas, the tailor to whom they're being sent has to be in a bit of despair when seeing how poorly that waist measurement was taken.

Some ask why they would sit on pictures of Tom? To wait for the perfect story to use it with. Case and point month old pictures of Harry popping up today of him coming out a designer studio. No clue when those pictures Tom Sr happened but it's no coincidence that the day it was revealed he was attending they just were published. Timing. Web clicks.

^^

Exactly. When Meghan and Harry were still just dating, many times DM published old pictures of Meghan going to yoga.

I think it was common knowledge for a while, that Sr was going to go to the wedding, he had his measurements taken, but it didn't serve DM to publish these pictures yet. Accompanied with KP announcement, they become more meaningful, and it drives in the narrative, that Meghan was blackmailed into inviting her dad.

I don't trust Andrew Morton or Samantha, but the text message exchange she published showed, that according to Morton, palace insiders were saying that Sr was attending. I also remember talks from royal reporters around the engagement announcement, and they all said both parents were expected to attend.

Some ask why they would sit on pictures of Tom? To wait for the perfect story to use it with. Case and point month old pictures of Harry popping up today of him coming out a designer studio. No clue when those pictures Tom Sr happened but it's no coincidence that the day it was revealed he was attending they just were published. Timing. Web clicks.

Well, pictures of him coming out of a building where the design studio happens to be. Know what else is in the building immediately adjacent (and joined by a glass ceilinged atrium) to that building Harry was pictured leaving? The fitness club that Harry is reportedly a member of.

And those pictures don't scream "visiting a fashion house" to me, but I can certainly believe he was just working out based on his attire.

I'm sure Harry was at the gym. I don't think he would be seen that obviously near any studio. My point was that these tabloids sat on these pictures for weeks (likely cause they knew he was at the gym) and waited to use them in a way to sell a story narrative. That's no different than Tom Sr's pictures. It's all about the angle.

That's hilarious! I don think see why he'd have to go in to pay for a dress, anyway. I'll bet he could phone them and give them his American Express black.

Yeah, I don't think that is going to happen.

We still get snap shots of Carole doing every mundane chores.

Its sad to say but I think the private anonymity that Meghan's parents used to enjoy is over.

Yeah, unfortunately you're right. I can't imagine how surreal all of this must be for them. They went from living quiet lives, to having paps and the media follow them around/hang outside their houses.

:previous: I can't imagine how distressing this must be for the parents and siblings who now have to contend with this type of harassment due to an engagement/wedding.

Siblings? Pfft. They invite the press in. I feel bad for parents and other family/ friends who will forever be targets to the media.

Siblings? Pfft. They invite the press in. I feel bad for parents and other family/ friends who will forever be targets to the media.

Agree, some of those siblings are loving every single time they are questioned or having pictures in media. They brought it on themselves and every single wrong move in their now common lives will be media fodder. Will probably come a time when they wish they kept their mouths shut and not try to push themselves where apparently they were not welcome and certainly not wanted. Media "blackmail" to try and force themselves to be invited to a wedding rather ignorant and I am glad it didn't work.

I feel sorry for Sr. In light of Sam's and Jr's antics he will have to face the queen and the BRF, knowing full well the Windsors are fully aware of his older children's attempt at public extortion. The Windsors are no saints, but this is embarrassing.

As for caving, the recent emotional blackmail attempt was for all the Markles to be invited. KP announced only Meghan's parents are coming. If Meghan and KP caved Jr and Sam would be in front of the cameras or tweeting up a storm about going to London and meeting the BFR for tea.

OMG! He's reading a...... book! (cackles madly)

Talk about desperate for attention.

Thomas Jr... ladies and gentlemen.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcdQmZDV0AAbFpS.jpg:large

More like still desperate to get an invitation. Previous tabloid reports said Fergie is invited to the wedding. Yeah the same ones that said Sr is not invited and no confirmation from KP. Fergie did interviews, sold books and sold access to Andrew. I think he's trying to signal Fergie gets an invite after what she's done, so why can't I come? Another attempt at public blackmail.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't referring specifically to Meghan's family.? The siblings of Letizia Ortiz, Mary Donaldson, Kate Middleton etc...have all been harassed by the media. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

“Meghan mom to tell of race hell on Oprah” - Daily Mirror

Last edited:
Oprah's reps already denied it. Keep up Daily Mirror.

I mean I guess.

The entire article was full of "This could..." "It might..."

My favorite is "It depends on IF the palace greenlights it."

I will go with the denial. Time will tell though.

Last edited:
A denial in this case doesn’t mean it’s not true. I’m going to wait and see

Yeah, I wondered if she really did do an interview, just because Oprah reps say she didn't means nothing other than Oprah wants to be the one to break the news. Guess we'll see, but really bad move if she did talk imo.

Oprah's team has denied the interview bit. Doria would have to address the racism that occurred during her marriage, even the episodes from the family, to be well rounded interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I wondered if she really did do an interview, just because Oprah reps say she didn't means nothing other than Oprah wants to be the one to break the news. Guess we'll see, but really bad move if she did talk imo.

I agree Missy

This is just ridiculous. People are seriously believe Daily Mirror over a flat out denial from Oprah's rep when it comes to credibility. But hey, if we can believe the worst about Meghan's mother, even though she has given no reason so far, why not?

On top of the credibility issue, Mirror is clearly hedging their bets in the words they used in this article. Even they hesitated. Shows how much they believe in their own story.

Last edited:
Many media organisations issue a ‘denial’ when it comes to rumours of an interview. I’m going to wait and see because it seems more than plausible to me, a gigantic mistake but plausible.

This is just ridiculous. People are seriously believe Daily Mirror over a flat out denial from Oprah's rep when it comes to credibility. But hey, if we can believe the worst about Meghan's mother, even though she has given no reason so far, why not?

On top of the credibility issue, Mirror is clearly hedging their bets in the words they used in this article. Even they hesitated. Shows how much they believe in their own story.

I assume this is for me....I never said I believe the Daily Mirror. Like Missy, I “wonder” (it’s a thought). I do 100% agree with Missy that it’s a bad move if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom