Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This situation occurs to me a bit like 1981. Everybody was overjoyed, thrilled, happy for the couple, wanted to believe in a "fairy tale" - and only a few voiced their doubts and concerns, their opinions of course unheeded and regarded as sourpuss.... in a couple of years we will see....

Isnt that with any marriage? No one can predict the future. Seems some people want it to fail for one reason or another...

I don't think a single person here has said anything about this wedding being a fairy tail. In fact a lot of folks early on here voiced concerns about what all Meghan was giving up....this is not the 80's.

The only objection to 'naysayers' I've seen is due to how crass her half siblings have been.

LaRae

Isn't that the case with every royal wedding. A lot of awwwing and overjoyed for the couple. None of us know what the future holds for any relationship, the naysayers or non naysayers. This relationship is no different in that regard. Just because a relationship ended badly 18 years ago doesn't mean this one will. And just because another relationship was successful doesn't mean this one will be.

Have the half sibs surfaced yet, now that KP has pratically confirmed they are not invited?

There you have it. Markle Sr will be walking down the aisle with Meghan. Now Jr and the rest of the Markles oh and Andrew Morton could do one.

I hope that now that it is confirmed they don't bother Thomas Sr. on why the didnt' get an invite. Sam is focusing on the homeless on her twitter page and Jr., is quiet. For now anyway.

But it does dent their credibility a bit doesn't it?

They only have credibility with people who want their ramblings to be true. Tom Jr. has lied twice, he has flipped flopped his stories, he was caught trying to extort KP into setting up a dog sanctuary. How many chances does he get.

Meghan's mother actually has a job-she is likely taking vacation time to come to the wedding, you don't get extra vacation just because your daughter is marrying a prince.

Maybe Meghan's father doesn't particularly like to travel and sees no reason to take more than one trip overseas. There could be any numb4er of valid reasons that Dad hasn't come to the UK to meet Harry.
The alternative was for Harry and Meghan to travel to him. Travelling isn't an issue for them... But well, that ship has sailed, futre father-in-law and son-in-law will meet a few days before the wedding when mr Markle will not only be introduced to his daughter's future husband but also the BRF.

I wish Meghan the power to cope with all the hate and jealousy she is confronted. It must be very hard for her so near to that time that should be he happiest time in her life.

The Queen is adept at making people feel welcome and I'm sure she will do it flawlessly with both of Meghan's parents. This will be an occasion where they meet as parents and grandparent of the bride and groom and I don't think HM would be in "Queen mode" for this although its hard to separate Elizabeth, the woman from Elizabeth, the monarch as she's been at it for so long. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The Queen is adept at making people feel welcome and I'm sure she will do it flawlessly with both of Meghan's parents. This will be an occasion where they meet as parents and grandparent of the bride and groom and I don't think HM would be in "Queen mode" for this although its hard to separate Elizabeth, the woman from Elizabeth, the monarch as she's been at it for so long. :D

As for the coat of arms, the best solution all around has been reached and that is most likely it will be Meghan alone that receives her own personal coat of arms. The rest of her family has really no reason to have one.

I was just rereading Wendy Berry's The Housekeeper's Diary, and one of the things that struck me was the story she told, passed on to her by one of her sons who had been a footman at Buckingham Palace. He said that a lot of the royals had a public face and then there was a less appealing private face, but that the Queen was universally respected because she was always the same, and treated the staff with as much courtesy as she used for officials. I have no doubt she will make Meghan's parents completely welcome.

Who gets measured up for a suit on the sidewalk? Maybe he has a wicked sense of humour. I believe (me personally) he and Doria will get a private tour of Windsor Castle and hopefully someone will show them around Buck Palace as well. Doria and Tom are in for a wonderful time.
By the time he gets home again he can say to his friends, "once you've seen one palace you've seen them all." That would be funny and lovely.

Well, not being all that familiar with where Thomas Sr. lives maybe there isn't a normal dress shop and/or tailor for him to go to so he could get measured. its looks like a normal Mexican/Caribbean stand where merchants sell their goods. Maybe he wasn't thinking that someone would take his picture and sell it to a tabloid.

Who knows.

So what if he goes to a back street tailor ? Maybe his means are limited.....and maybe he is too proud to accept help... just an idea....

We don't know what he was being measured for in the pics. Could be for some tailored shirts or jackets to wear during the week in the UK. The newspaper has no idea what for and just because they say its for his wedding clothes most emphatically does not mean they're correct.

That photo probably was taken a while back ago. He's just getting his measurements and from the article, it states that the measurements were sent elsewhere to have his suit made. Its really no big deal at all. He'll be in the UK well before the wedding should any minor adjustments needed to be made. This also saves Mr. Markle from having to travel with the suit among other things he'll need to take with him.

The more that comes out, the more we realize that Mr. Markle, Sr. has remained above reproach on the subject of his daughter's wedding. Its obvious that he's not let his other children in on any of the details either. All I can say on this is that if this was the dead of winter, the half siblings are probably hot under the collar enough right now to head up a small town. ;)

That photo probably was taken a while back ago. He's just getting his measurements and from the article, it states that the measurements were sent elsewhere to have his suit made.

Pure (and with all due respect, not very likely) speculation, I doubt someone has been sitting on the photo for days or weeks. Doesn't make sense at all, why wait for payday?

Last edited:
So because Meghan didn't do what you did or what you think she should have done to prepare for her wedding, you question her family values?
When exactly did anyone question Meghan's family values? All I'm seeing is a person making a personal connection with Meghan and her mothers situation.

IMO there is no excuse for Harry to not have met Meghan 's father; I hope he has secretly flown to Mexico to at least meet him once in person.

The statement from KP says Meghan’s dad will meet Harry and his family the week of the wedding

I just watched Andrew Morton (author of Diana her true story) being interviewed live from London (yes it was very late their time) and he said that Mr Markle is Not booked into any hotels around Windsor. They the press are probably trawling the hotels in London as well. So i hope he is staying with Harry or Meghan or at one of the palaces.

And that is exactly why they waiting to the very last moment (aka when they are all in town) to release the wedding party info. They already stalking hotels. They went to Lindsay's NY apartment. Obnoxious.

Well here's the thing, the attendance of Thomas Markle Snr was most probably never in question. He said and did nothing to indicate he was or was not going and did not communicate that with his son or eldest daughter. He kept the peace.

There were photos of Tom Snr using weights, etc. which kind of makes one think he was trying to trim himself down a little. I also doubt that when he had himself measured the notion of being photographed ever entered his head.

Mr Markle, like his ex-wife, has behaved with discretion and not engaged with the rabble side of the family. But Mr Markle may be proud and if, as junior keeps saying, he is living in reduced circumstances, he may not have wished Harry to visit. I feel that because the idea of Harry not bothering to meet his fiancee father's before they even got engaged, just doesn't sound right and even if he was a slacker his father, grandfather and grandmother are not!

They have spoken on Skype or some such and while you can't shake hands or give someone a hug, it is wonderful to have that contact and means they will meet "in person" for the very first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom