Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read about the Tom and Samantha craziness, I smell crazy jealousy from way back

Both are extremely dysfunctional people and it's no wonder they are estranged from their own children and mother. Does anyone else find it sadly ironic that Samantha is referred to as a "mental health counsellor"?

Last edited:
Why does her whole family have to talk to the media.
Even her mother has been reported meeting with "Oprah".
Why not be dignified and say nothing.

Wait one second! The Oprah and her mother meeting was false! And the whole family talking?! The people who are talking have been cut out of Meghan's life for years and will have no connection to her whatsoever. The people who Meghan considers close family and who will be attending the wedding have not spoken to the media.

Last edited:
Protest ALL you like, [and MANY of you are !] but the perceived family 'baggage' Ms Markle is now associated with [due entirely to the rantings of her relatives] WILL affect the way she is seen in her adopted country.

They are providing ammunition to a SMALL constituency already 'less than keen', for a number of reasons [Actress/Bi-racial/American] amongst a percentage of people in Britain.
These people hardly need extra fuel for their hatred, but that it is her OWN family providing it, is deeply regrettable and embarrassing.

The tabloids will ensure it becomes WIDELY known...

I have a feeling once HM has passed and Charles is king there will be a general turn towards republicanism in the UK. I think respect for HM has been the glue that is keeping it together right now, once she's gone all bets are off. The republicans are going to LOVE having Meghan's family around, they'll be poster children for their cause. The more lèse-majesté the better in their book, and Tom Jr & Sam will be there to provide it.

With Charles & Camilla being controversial in some people's books, Will & Kate being so reclusive and Harry & Meghan likely following suit why would people want to keep them around? Especially when they're as disfunctional as the other 99% of us, people will wonder what makes them special, why do they deserve all the perks? All jmo

Sorry about that, thanks for the course correction! :flowers:

Surely it won't be long and Samantha and Tom will be busy spending the money they received from the interviews. I imagine they will go quiet for awhile until the money runs out.

I think you're absolutely right, I look at it as if they have hit the lottery. We've all heard the stories of lottery winners squandering it all and ending up on skid row, but the sibs from hell can just go back to the bank with a new story and hit that lottery over and over and over.

It's going to get old, just hope Harry can keep his famous temper in check. There is an old saying (Russian origin I think): 'death by 1000 pin pr1cks'. Even the smallest nuisance can become unbearable with continuous repetition.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad thing is we have two weeks to this wedding.

God only knows what they will do next. I don't believe they will do anything to physically hurt Meghan but emotionally? Who knows with these two. Publishing that letter to In Touch to me was done with intent to cause personal harm and/or embarrassment. I can't even imagine what he was thinking? Was he really trying to engage Harry in a conversation? I mean, what did he hope to achieve?

So let me put this out there:

What, if anything would be gained by Meghan and/or Doria doing an interview to dispute some of these comments? Would it make worst? Better? Should they let their (the Markle siblings) actions speak for themselves?

Thoughts?

Throughout the marriage, at every milestone, the canaries will sing the blues. jMO

:previous:I think they need to ignore those two, no interviews. That would just give more fodder to the half siblings and tabloids. Doria is not related to them and Meghan has distanced herself from them.
Now if KP wants to put out a statement on Meghan's behalf saying she's saddened and disappointed by her relatives, maybe.

I'm in two minds. I don't think Meghan should speak. Keeping silent is the best thing she can do. However, if Doria, after the wedding, conducted a sober and dignified interview with Oprah, not trashing the half siblings but just speaking the truth and disclosing warm little anecdotes about her daughter it might improve matters as far as public perception goes. I doubt it would shut those two up however. In fact it might give them more material. I can see accusations of lying going Doria's way. So in the end, maybe silence is golden.

Last edited:

What, if anything would be gained by Meghan and/or Doria doing an interview to dispute some of these comments? Would it make worst? Better? Should they let their (the Markle siblings) actions speak for themselves?

Although part of me wishes that they would dispute the comments, I think it would "add more gas to the flames" and give them more ammunition. As well, they'd accomplish their aim of getting a response. To use another analogy, they are "throwing everything they can at the wall, hoping something sticks." :bang:

I think the Queen Mum's saying "never apologize, never explain" is the right course to take (and seems to be the course the Harry and Meghan and her parents are following). The craziness of Samantha and Tom Jr. doesn't deserve the dignity of a response.

Had this motley crew of relatives been invited to the wedding it may have kept them quiet and placated. Then after the big day everyone can go their separate ways again.

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer kind of thing.

There are only two not fifty two relatives who have been consistently running to the media either fawning or complaining, so I don't think 'motley crew' is exactly an accurate description.

At the time the wedding invitations were about to be sent out Samantha had been conducting a running war on her half sister online and in the media since October 2016. She only turned slightly nice when wedding plans were in view. I wouldn't invite someone like that to my wedding!

I'm definitely in the camp that believes the way Harry and Meghan have been handling it so far is the best way. To show any kind of a reaction to these people is like diving into the waters of a shark infested ocean with multiple and bloody lacerations. The siblings would hone in on it, feed on it and come back wanting more.

When we really look at these two disgruntled half siblings, one of their biggest complaints is being ignored and not included as Harry and Meghan celebrate their wedding day. It then stands to reason that to really annoy them even more, one just keeps on ignoring them.

Wyevale stated it best. "Don't feed the trolls." :D

At the end of the day, I think that the most powerful and dignified response to cut Sam and Tom Jr off at the knees is to include Ashleigh in the bridal party and have Tom Sr. walk Meghan down the aisle.

They need say nothing, just make it clear by their actions that Tom stands by his daughter and the whole noise about "Meghan inviting no Markles" is untrue.

Will it happen? I don't know. But that would be my recommendation.

Rudolph, I really don't think that inviting them would have made the situation better. I'd bet actual money that they would have sold behind the scenes wedding stories. And I wouldn't put it past the tabloid press to set them up with spy camera type equipment to get "insider" pictures of the reception.

God only knows what they will do next. I don't believe they will do anything to physically hurt Meghan but emotionally? Who knows with these two. Publishing that letter to In Touch to me was done with intent to cause personal harm and/or embarrassment. I can't even imagine what he was thinking? Was he really trying to engage Harry in a conversation? I mean, what did he hope to achieve?

Thoughts?

IMO Tom Jr is an angry drunk, I think he was on a bender and vented. He's a coward, the only men who batter women (physically or emotionally) are cowards. I don't think he'll do anything other than flap his jaws, he's not a threat in any real sense. I can't see him or Samantha hopping a plane to London, that's just too much work/expense when they can do just as much damage from home.

H&M shouldn't comment at all, no Doria interview either. When it came out that she might have (now didn't) had an interview with Oprah I was saying it would be a huge mistake. Lord, I'm so sick of the Obamaisms, but they do need to take the high road and say nothing. Do not reward their bad behavior by paying any attention to it, and do not act like you are paying any attention by replying. JMO

If MM had invited the half estranged sibs she would be responsible for not only the invite but their room board and transportation. She would have to worry about Tom Jr bringing a gun and abusing his fiance again, or Sam with her boyfriend who has a gun in every room causing a disturbance. Then after the wedding they would want to go to the reception and the after party. Then of course they would do what they have been doing before call their personal reporters at the Daily Fail and sell out their sister.

Inviting would not placate, it would only lead to more....next would be whining about being at the christening and wanting to be the uncle to their child even though neither one of the sibs has a good relationship with their own CHILDREN and MOTHER.

Why does her whole family have to talk to the media.
Even her mother has been reported meeting with "Oprah".
Why not be dignified and say nothing.

That Daily Fail rumor was denied! anything coming from Daily Fail should not be treated as true until it actually happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thoughts?
We are not allowed to mention the racism factor within the Markle family towards Meghan and her mum so I won’t. Needless to say I don’t believe vile behaviour ought to be rewarded in any shape or form. And certainly not bullying via the media in order to achieve a goal.

Big swing for the Markles - tomorrow’s announcement. They can pat themselves on the back at least.

Meghan will find other ways to honour her dear mum.

LOL! These two would never go away. Inviting them to the wedding would just make them more emboldened.

Meghan was right to continue to ignore them.

Omid and Emily said there's a press meeting at KP tomorrow for more wedding details.

LaRae

Well, that will be lovely to wake up too!

What's left besides the bridal party and guests?

ETA: And I agree with the consensus that its best to ignore Samantha and Thomas Jr for many of the reasons listed.

At the press briefing I hope the team is ready. Some reporter I'm afraid will bring up Jr's letter as a gotcha question, hoping to throw them off balance.

At the press briefing I hope the team is ready. Some reporter I'm afraid will bring up Jr's letter as a gotcha question, hoping to throw them off balance.

Definitely! I wonder if they will confirm Thomas Sr.'s attendance.

People magazine is usually a highly reliable source but nothing is better than Kensington Palace IMO. Than that will discredit some of Jr.'s comments because it will show 1) contrary to his lovely letter (said with all kinds of sarcasm) Thomas Sr. will be in attendance in the wedding and 2) will lead to the inevitable questions like if he was wrong about this...what else is he wrong about?

Yeah,,,the team will be ready with the usual "no comment ". In addition to the bridal party, what about Meghan's court of arms announcement?

Well, that will be lovely to wake up too!

What's left besides the bridal party and guests?

ETA: And I agree with the consensus that its best to ignore Samantha and Thomas Jr for many of the reasons listed.

I can't imagine what else it would be other than the wedding party. We know the dress and dukedom won't be announced til the day of the wedding...unless they are going to confirm Meghan's parents attending? I don't really see them doing that even.

LaRae

It’s not a press conference but a press briefing. We may or may not get info tomorrow.

The information may get embargoed until either the wedding day or a few days before.

Last edited:
^^^ Correct. They said it was a big briefing but I got the impression the details likely will be released in the coming days.

The bridal party, coat of arms, pre wedding locations/vehicle, and arrival schedule would be my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom