Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From People Magazine - Tom Sr. is going to the wedding:

Unless and UNTIL KP confirms exactly whom amongst this mess of a family intends to attend/has been invited this wedding, it seems sensible to 'count on NOTHING'.

One 'gossip rag' being as bad as another..

The 'coy' wave to the crowd happened months ago at one of Meghan's first post engagement interviews. She hasn't done that wave since, nor has she clutched at Harry's arm at all in recent engagements. They are never seen out together privately so no-one can say what they are like together and with friends, but I would bet that it's the same as it's always been.

As for Harry's demeanour, he is extra protective of Meghan, a foreigner in a country where she's been hammered incessantly by a feral tabloid press. Other than that (and I've followed Harry since he was 19) I see no change in him. Physically he's just thinner these days.

I'm just mystified at the constant negativity towards this couple.

Unless and UNTIL KP confirms exactly whom amongst this mess of a family intends to attend/has been invited this wedding, it seems sensible to 'count on NOTHING'.

One 'gossip rag' being as bad as another..

Richard Palmer said they were told early on to expect her father to be there. And no, People isn't nearly as bad as the likes of InTouch or the dailies. They actually have good relationships with a lot of the celebrities and get exclusive rights.

The 'coy' wave to the crowd happened months ago at one of Meghan's first post engagement interviews. She hasn't done that wave since, nor has she clutched at Harry's arm at all in recent engagements. They are never seen out together privately so no-one can say what they are like together and with friends, but I would bet that it's the same as it's always been.

As for Harry's demeanour, he is extra protective of Meghan, a foreigner in a country where she's been hammered incessantly by a feral tabloid press. Other than that (and I've followed Harry since he was 19) I see no change in him. Physically he's just thinner these days.

I'm just mystified at the constant negativity towards this couple.

I've followed Harry since he was born, so yeah I do see a change in him. He seems like he has a chip on his shoulder now, like he is just waiting for someone to cross him the wrong way. And Meghan is a long way from where she was as far as looking like a confident woman. Of course there's all kinds of legitimate reasons for both changes, but to deny they've changed is ridiculous.

Let's stay on topic....Meghan's Family and Background.

No internet analysis on whether or not Meghan or Harry's personalities have changed.

Any and all additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Wow - Meghan's half sibs are literally showing their ENTIRE backsides.

It's like having a bunch of Kanyes for half-family members.

Last edited by a moderator:
This IMO speaks and confirms why he is not invited.

And PS Thomas, if Meghan and Harry have kids...I am willing to bet you will NEVER see them. OMG.

Other than a potential pay check (cause I can only assume he was paid for such an article) what does he hope to achieve?

Agreed. That fact that he would do something like this shows the type of person he is and why Meghan would not invite him.

If the world ever needs an abundant supply of sour grapes, we know exactly where to find them. :D

Sour grapes is exactly what I have been thinking about that side of her family.

I got a chuckle out of it as well.

I mean...I can't even imagine what he was thinking.

Scratch that...he clearly wasn't thinking.

He said that Thomas Sr. wasn't invited to the wedding but how would he know if he doesn't talk to him. It's also interesting that he references Meghan putting their father into debt? Has anyone else heard this rumour? I was under the impression that Thomas won a substantial sum in the lottery (around 750K) and this helped Meghan go to her private school in California.

I agree about Thomas Sr. No one really know if he has been invited, and if he has not, it may not be for the reason people assume. All of this is speculation, but IF he has not been invited, it could be because he just truly can't handle the spotlight and it could look better for him to not be invited than to turn a wedding invite down from his daughter. Then again, all of this is speculation and he could have been invited. No one knows anything about what conversations he and Meghan may have had.

Indeed not, but [in the past] these 'antics' and family drama's weren't subject to anywhere near the amount of publicity, and were only known and gossiped about amongst the '10,000' [as the small number of families that effectively ran Britain and our Empire were known].
Those outside this circle knew NOTHING of it..
It's very different know,obviously !

Very much so. We only have to back a couple of generations to see that the whole Wallis Simpson affair was not generally known about by the public for the most part up to the time of the abdication.

Today, its a huge money market to air dirty underwear in public and the better the shock and awe, the more money it garners. Its a prime way to garner one's 15 minutes of fame. There's a certain market and readership that feeds on this kind of stuff.

Its often been said that a fool and his money are soon parted. When the question arises on just how a fool came by the money in the first place, we now have an answer. Tabloids. :D

Last edited:
Ms Markle, as lovely as she is, simply is a risk for the monarchy. Apart from the new shot of celebrification she injects in the royal family: have we ever seen another royal bride whose family is effectively sabotaging the forthcoming union?

How exactly is Meghan risk for the monarchy? And how are these estranged half siblings EFFECTIVELY sabotaging anything? They have no influence, no say, in anything.

Ms Markle, as lovely as she is, simply is a risk for the monarchy. Apart from the new shot of celebrification she injects in the royal family: have we ever seen another royal bride whose family is effectively sabotaging the forthcoming union?

I would say if the War of the Wales and a tape of the heir to the throne saying he wants to be his mistress' tampon going public didn't take down the monarchy, then it's certainly safe from a couple of discredited estranged half-siblings. But hey, what do I know?

Changed?

Her demeanor has changed SO much since her engagement, I don't know how anyone can say it hasn't. The confident woman strolling down the sidewalk to yoga has been replaced by a shy ingenue who coyly waves to the crowd from the safety of Harry's arm. They both have changed since they've been together, and not for the better imho.

How do you compare strolling to yoga class with walkabouts ? I should hope demeanor would not be the same or she would be an android. Harry at a memorial vs Harry on walkabout..should his demeanor change? Hope so....gosh darn gee whiz Harry's demeanor changes if his favorite team loses ball game.

Most likely as far as Harry and Meghan and the BRF are concerned, the estranged family members are about as noticeable to them as the sheep bleating consistently during their stays at the Castle of Mey with the Queen Mum. Its noise. They're not paying attention to it as its really not relevant to their lives at all.

The kicker is the that the more they're ignored, the louder they bleat and its become a three ring circus for tabloid readers while those being bleated at get on with their lives. :D

Risk for the monarchy!!! Thanks for the laugh! Who brought more celebrity into the monarchy than Princess Diana! She secretly cooperated with Andrew Morton to tell the story about her marriage!

Who had affairs that threatened the stature of the monarchy at one point - specifically the future king and his now wife.

Who got caught wearing a Nazi uniform in the past and doing drugs? Who got caught stark naked in Las Vegas? None other than the future groom.

Isn't the monarchy still standing? Let's not pretend that the House of Windsor stands upon a paragon of virtue and righteousness!

If the shoe had been on the other foot, Harry definitely wouldn't have been suitable!

And how are the estranged siblings sabotaging the union? Has the wedding been called off? Those people have no power or say in anything happening in Harry and Meghan 's lives. Not now or ever.

Last edited:
How exactly is Meghan risk for the monarchy? And how are these estranged half siblings EFFECTIVELY sabotaging anything? They have no influence, no say, in anything.

She really has'nt done anything wrong or controversial. If they can survive toe sucking, tampon gate, naked in vegas, and Philips nazi inlaws they can survive anything.

Two half siblings who lie is going to destroy the monarchy, then your monarchy has always been flimsy.

I see the meghanistas are in force but conveniently avoid the simple fact: is there any other example of a royal bride whose family is effectively sabotaging the forthcoming union?

It does not mean that their attempt has any chance, but still their attempt is there, openly advising the groom to avoid their very own family member (!) as the plague. Has there been ANY royal bride where the own family stepped forward, not in praising, in wishing them luck, in being proud of such a prestigious union but in discouraging?

Ms Markle is s a lovely lady but my personal feeling is that within a few years we will see a divorce. Of course I will be happy to be proven wrong, but nothing in me is convinced that this will be a long and lasting union "till death do them part". The pressure of the media on the couple, with America's Princess, will be immense. I wish them the best and I hope the trailer trash will disappear when Ms Markle has become The Princess Henry, but I am not sure that hope will become true.

Protest ALL you like, [and MANY of you are !] but the perceived family 'baggage' Ms Markle is now associated with [due entirely to the rantings of her relatives] WILL affect the way she is seen in her adopted country.

They are providing ammunition to a SMALL constituency already 'less than keen', for a number of reasons [Actress/Bi-racial/American] amongst a percentage of people in Britain.
These people hardly need extra fuel for their hatred, but that it is her OWN family providing it, is deeply regrettable and embarrassing.

The tabloids will ensure it becomes WIDELY known...

Last edited:
With a family like this, who needs enemies?!? :whistling:

However, I read about the utterings by Meghan's family with some relief though. If this is the worst they can throw at her, she can't have that many scandals in her past. - I.e. no drug abuse, nude photos or other major indiscretions.
As for her flawed character, as her family seem to take delight in pointing out, well the truth of that remains to be seen...
But so far I think the British public can breathe a quiet sigh of relief.

Sure, her family will keep making a spectacle of themselves for years to come, and they will be annoying and embarrassing but hardly a serious threat IMO.

Last edited:
So what's your solution wyevale? That Harry abandon Meghan and call the wedding off because she has two repulsive and estranged half-siblings?

There have been, wonder of wonders, plenty of sympathetic commenters on the online Fail and other tabloids in the last couple of days, stating similar feelings towards Meghan's relatives as have been expressed here by a lot of us.

And let's not forget, that of these two mouthy estranged relatives, not all their comments by any means have been anti this marriage. Samantha has interwoven her diatribes with fawning tributes to her half sister over the last year and a half. Tom wanted to be uncle to any children Meghan might have a fortnight ago, and before the engagement he was publicly begging Harry to propose.

The tabloids will ensure it becomes WIDELY known...

And that statement reveals the culprit. For the estranged family, the very first time they were offered payment for a "statement", it was like finding a slot machine that never fails to pay out. If they were just making these deriding comments about Meghan because of a sincere belief that what they say is true, it would have stopped a long time ago.

The prime objectives right now of any of the Markle siblings is to use Meghan as their "cash cow" to better themselves financially. Wasn't it Andrew Morton (prime user of cash cows for a long time) that stated he didn't talk to Samantha Grant because her price was too high?

This in no way excuses Meghan's extended family members for their behavior in any way, shape or form but we have to realize too that this behavior is being encouraged by the media and those that feed on this kind of stuff.

I would say if the War of the Wales and a tape of the heir to the throne saying he wants to be his mistress' tampon going public didn't take down the monarchy, then it's certainly safe from a couple of discredited estranged half-siblings. But hey, what do I know?

Baaahaaaahaaaaa no freaking kidding. If the Monarchy can survive the Wales and Yorks I think it can survive Meghan's family being obnoxious. She has nothing to do with it.

LaRae

You know what?

The potential exists that there ALWAYS be people in Meghan's adopted country who are going to view her with suspicion because she is American/Actress/Biracial, not Cressida/Chelsy, etc. That is not going to change one iota no matter what her siblings do. Those people exists for Catherine as well. I am not trying to compare the two but there will always people who find some legitimate and some not so legitimate reasons to dislike someone.

I was googling something about Meghan today and came across a website for someone who for lack of better word clearly hates her. Its not constructive criticism, you can feel the hate from your screen. Anything and everything (some of it disproved) that is negative about Meghan is on her site. I mean some of her statements are really out there.

So IMO it doesn't matter if and what her siblings say about her......some people will always dislike her. Its the same with Camilla, Diana, Catherine, etc. I used to say that any of those people could have discovered the cure for AIDS and someone will still dislike them because of a perceived slight. And I say this as someone who really disliked Camilla when she first came on the scene, and I find myself defending her to my mother!

Despite how their marriage ended (with an acquired Vitamix and a mailed back engagement/wedding ring) notice how Trevor has not said anything? His friends have alluded to something happening (Hollywood changed her) but he has never said anything negative. Neither has Cory, the boyfriend after Trevor.

Now if her siblings keep up (and honestly why would they stop as long as the checks clear) at some point, a rational person (who might not care for Meghan) is going to start looking at them. So far, its only the two of them ranting and raving of her deficiencies. And rational people are going to start questioning things because of their contradictions. I find it rather ironic that both Thomas and Samantha have issues with Meghan not speaking with them but neither of them speak to their Mother nor their children.

Last edited:
According Omid, Meghan really does not have any relationship with the half siblings. Meghan only lived with them until she was two, she was brought up as an only child and only saw them periodically. Given the shallow past relationship combined with their automatically blabbing to the press I'm not sure why the press is gleefully allowing them to bully and abuse her.

Perhaps the father and mother should make a combined statement about the lack of a relationship with the half sibs.

Either that or pay them off with an ironclad NDA.

You know what?

Now if her siblings keep up (and honestly why would they stop as long as the checks clear) at some point, a rational person (who might not care for Meghan) is going to start looking at them. So far, its only the two of them ranting and raving of her deficiencies. And rational people are going to start questioning things because of their contradictions. I find it rather ironic that both Thomas and Samantha have issues with Meghan not speaking with them but neither of them speak to their Mother nor their children.

Their duplicity is out in the open yet noone in the British press has put two and two together. Their lies, their changing statements, their lack of relationship with Meghan, their fractured relationships with their own children....noone in the British press has called them out. The Sibs are an easy way to take potshots at Meghan. The Sibs allow them to put forth a false narrative about Meghan even though their stories change with the wind.

Their duplicity is out in the open yet noone in the British press has put two and two together. Their lies, their changing statements, their lack of relationship with Meghan, their fractured relationships with their own children....noone in the British press has called them out. The Sibs are an easy way to take potshots at Meghan. The Sibs allow them to put forth a false narrative about Meghan even though their stories change with the wind.

There was a network who called out Thomas Dooley and his mother regarding their relationship or lack of one with Meghan.

Maybe called out is a bad term...they simply asked when was the last time they spoke with her. Thomas Dooley said 10 years and his mother said 20?!

And yet there they were...talking about Meghan as if they knew her who she was today.

But you are right...as long as Markle saga exists...and the British tabloids are getting clicks left and right...they won't say anything.

Surely it won't be long and Samantha and Tom will be busy spending the money they received from the interviews. I imagine they will go quiet for awhile until the money runs out.

As long as the tabloids think people will read the rantings of the half sibilings, they'll keep paying them and interviewing them. When the readers are no longer interested, they'll stop. I think the interest will continue until the wedding day (and these two will get more outrageous) and then after (hopefully) die down.

They will continue way past that. It will die down until the next milestone and then they will be ranting all over again.

Let's remember that Meghan is marrying into a family whose matriarch is (ceremonial) head of state of the United Kingdom. Her soon to be father in law, brother in law, and nephew by marriage are future kings. For being that close to the Crown and a foreign national no doubt Meghan was vetted before the queen gave consent to the marriage. They know everything, childhood, Hollywood career, marriage and divorce. They most likely did a deep dive on the divorce to make sure Meghan was free and clear to remarry; for that impacts the succession if and when children come. If anything came back wrong the queen would have said no. For the press to treat these half sibs that they are in the know when it comes to Meghan (despite not seeing her for years and selling contradictory stories to the media) is ridiculous.

When I read about the Tom and Samantha craziness, I smell crazy jealousy from way back......long before Meghan met PH. She is beautiful, successful, and now very famous. Everyone here that says that they are doing it for the money has nailed it---receiving money from tabloids simply because of who they are related to must be a real buzz. But our new royal couple has been making a transition from extremely low-profile (little press) to the highest of profiles (a wedding broadcast internationally). From here on out, their lives will be one public event after another getting coverage by design for the best of reasons.

Tom and Samantha: too bad for you, for you are neither newsworthy on your own nor appealing. tootles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom