Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I used to be one of those who "clicked" - it was kind of funny reading the Markle rants. But now its downright creepy and I don't want to read the stories. How horrible this must be for Meghan!

Do we know whether the Markle sibling actually wrote this letter or could it have been dictated to him by the malicious and malevolent DailyFail?:bang:

Do we know whether the Markle sibling actually wrote this letter or could it have been dictated to him by the malicious and malevolent DailyFail?:bang:

It came from InTouch. But nevertheless, no one held a gun to his head. He wrote it because he wanted to.

Myself I am not sure why Prince Phillips family is so embarrassing?

His father was an adulterer (not uncommon in aristo/royal circles), his mother had mental health issues, his sister's husband ended up being a Nazi and they all died (including their children) in a plane crash, his uncle Dickie was ambitious on Phillips behalf...none of this is exactly shocking.

LaRae

I'd personally argue Philip, as a future prince consort, having Nazi family members only two years after the war ended was a much bigger scandal then Meghan's family drama. The Markle insanity is relatively insignificant for Meghan, whereas Philip had to do an entire rebrand to shed the image of being too German (which is one of the reasons George VI and the Queen Mum tried their hardest to convince Elizabeth to call off the engagement and marry a Brit).

:previous:

Philip's sisters and their German husbands weren't invited to the wedding.

:previous:

Philip's sisters and their German husbands weren't invited to the wedding.

Whether they were invited or not didn't lessen the scandal.

Much in the same way the messy Markle family relationships aren't being ignored because Sam and Tom Jr. didn't receive invitations, Philip's sisters being no shows at the wedding didn't change the fact that the heir to the throne was marrying someone whose sisters were married to "the enemy". Hence the need for Philip to go on a PR campaign to prove he was British enough to marry the future Queen.

Do we know whether the Markle sibling actually wrote this letter or could it have been dictated to him by the malicious and malevolent DailyFail?

You bring up an interesting possibility. :sad: At this point they are all being used, willing or clueless. Over time the backlash will get to them. No one cares, or if they do it's because most families have somebody who's crazy and can empathize with what's happening here for Meghan. It's a rabbit hole: I read the headline but no more and will likely soon stop doing that. It's all irrelevant.

I'm just cackling at this all. One thing Samantha and Tom Jr really have in common is really inflated ego and delusional idea of their self importance. Both have tried to contact Prince Harry in order to dictate what he should do re: Meghan and wedding invitations. The Queen should interfere on their behalf, in their opinion. Both have used the 'look what Meghan did to our poor father' card, using their father to trash Meghan.

Tom Jr with his good character is judging Meghan, whom 'Hollywood changed'. Who cares about his own drunken domestic violence arrest, or him trying to blackmail money from Meghan, just look how vain Meghan is.

Although we know Meghan is busy, and, very happily, planning her wedding..this must hurt her very much. I know Harry can’t be happy watching part of Meghan’s family attack her in the media.

I just watched a documentary where Tom Markle Jr. is speaking rather lovingly about Meghan and trashing Samantha for her bad behavior towards Meghan. Now he’s talking trashing about Meghan in a letter.

Tom Jr. should be ashamed of himself.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dora or Mr. Markle privately cuss out Samantha and Tom Jr.

What would be better is Tom Sr announcing he refuses to accept a family crest for the Markles because the disgusting behavior of his older children and other family members (public fueds, bullying tactics, attempted extortion of the Royal family) has tarnished the family name and turned the Markles into international laughingstocks.

Guys, I feel that we're really missing the key issue with this letter.

Because when he said "this is the biggest mistake in Royal Wedding History", I actually LOL'd.

Tell it to Edward II, Henry VIII (not to mention all of his wives), and George IV. Not to mention the Duke of Cumberland and Strathearn whose marriage was so unfortunate that they passed a law to prevent similar mésalliances.

What a ridiculous man Tom Markle Jr. is.

What would be better is Tom Sr announcing he refuses to accept a family crest for the Markles because the disgusting behavior of his older children and other family members (public fueds, bullying tactics, attempted extortion of the Royal family) has tarnished the family name and turned the Markles into international laughingstocks.

THAT would be an extremely dumb and petty move that would actually drag Meghan into this mess.

Family crests have to be applied for at the College of Arms in London by the person concerned. I don't think Tom Snr has applied, and I would bet a lot of money that Meghan will be granted a coat of arms of her own without family involvement.

Family crests have to be applied for at the College of Arms in London by the person concerned. I don't think Tom Snr has applied, and I would bet a lot of money that Meghan will be granted a coat of arms of her own without family involvement.

It would be a absolute joke if the family got one.

Ignoring these people is the way to go. Giving them any kind of acknowledgement, even negative, would just feed their ego. That's what they want. The fact that they have zero chance to get any message across to Meghan drives them crazier than any negative comment would. Samantha made a joke out of herself, when she contacted a fake Prince Harry account on twitter trying to force a wedding invitation for herself. They're a 'family' but have no contact details for Meghan. And Tom Sr clearly has Meghan's phone number, but Samantha hasn't been able to manipulate it out of him.

Its not unique to a certain class to have "black sheeples" in the family.

Indeed not, but [in the past] these 'antics' and family drama's weren't subject to anywhere near the amount of publicity, and were only known and gossiped about amongst the '10,000' [as the small number of families that effectively ran Britain and our Empire were known].
Those outside this circle knew NOTHING of it..
It's very different know,obviously !

Last edited:
I can get no real "feeling" for how Meghan will be as a wife. It appears to me that she's seen a lot of Diana's vids and imitates a lot of her expressions like looking sometimes like the "shy" Di. But that is not a bad thing to do, Meghan is an actress and Diana is one of the most successful Royals in history when it comes to the public opinion, so why not use this? I only hope she'll stay that loving and laughing girl/wife for Harry for a long time. As for becoming like Sarah Fergusen: Meghan knows too much about the world of media, she won't do such stupid things. If she is indiscreet, we can be sure that she'll do it in a way that does not taint her reputation. (I hope she is not). I believe Harry is more truthful to himself than Charles was before he married Diana and would give himself or Meghan an out if necessary. So I hope they will be happy for a long time.
As for that terrible family Meghan has: there is a sying in Germany that GOd gives friendships as an excuse for having settled you with a family. Meghan seems to have good friends...

IMHO, as a fan of Meghan from before she began dating Harry, there are enough videos from interviews, events, etc to, again IMHO show, that her demeanour or behaviour hasn't changed from when she began to be seen with Harry, or during engagements. I HIGHLY doubt she has went on a Diana video viewing spree in order to imitate her habits. Imo Meghan has always been charismatic, charming, has been able to read the room. There are also reports from multiple people from.years back, that she was a bit shy but very nice and kind. Chrissy Teigen said this, they knew each other from Deal or No Deal days. Jmo.

Being a relative does not in any shape equate to being part of a close family unit or having familial ties regardless of whether or not ppl share ‘SOME’ DNA. Meghan describes herself as an only child and she is after all, her mother’s only child. She also describes herself as an only child because she was raised as such or why else would she claim to be an only child? People directly related to Thomas Markle Sr making extreme fools of themselves and showing no self-respect, is no reflection on Meghan, her mum Doria or Meghan’s relatives via Doria. I think it’s disingenuous to try and lump them all in together as “low class” just because certain people from Thomas Sr’s side constantly display shameful, defective behaviours. Also two people in their 50’s who should know better, bullying a person in their 30’s is just disgusting. And lastly just because the dad on occasions did the lighting at Meghan’s school that still is no prove he definitely paid her school fees. In the same way some love to argue that the dad not appearing in her previous wedding photos is no proof he wasn’t there, even though there’s photographic evidence her mum Doria was there. Destination wedding or not. We just don’t know and merely speculate. For all we know Sr likely spent just as much money if not more and attention on his offspring from his first marriage when they lived with him. And he must have spent some years with his first wife & their children as he wasn’t divorced from there mum until 1972 or thereabouts? So we can assume he did spend time living with Sam/Yvonne & Jr when they were both little kids, too. What we do know however because Meghan stated so herself, is that her own parents separated when she was just two. Now I’m not suggesting Sr didn’t play a part in her life, he did and she says so. Plus there’s photos, I just haven’t seen any of her as an adult being with him.

Last edited:
It is atrocious that Daily Mail published the letter reportedly written by Meghan's brother.
Why give such a man with nasty comments any platform at all?
The media is adding to the frenzy with poor standards. We don't know how genuine the letter was. If true, Meghan has an unfortunately vindictive family and I feel sorry for her.
However, without any media airtime, the horrible slander would certainly stop.

I don't feel sorry for Meghan. There's a reason she cut these people out of her life before she even met Harry. She got on with her life then as she is getting on with it now. The half siblings actions are further confirmation and vindication of why Meghan has made some of the decisions that she has had to make.

As for the tabloids...well, they are just doing what tabloids do. And they wouldn't be printing these stories if her estranged family wasn't willing to provide them. It's an unfortunate part of royal life which Meghan will have to deal with for years to come.

Last edited:
It’s a different media outlet at any one time providing those people with platforms to spew rubbish. Others just follow suit and so on and on it goes. But there’s an expiry date and I reckon that will happen not long after the wedding, a year tops. The media/people in general will get bored of it all once it finally sinks it that those people have no real insider information about Meghan’s married life as a royal. Watch the Markle value plummet. Those half sibs have discredited backgrounds themselves and their tales are woefully inconsistent and full of contradictions. Issues of violence and abuse surrounds them as reported in the newspapers. These are toxic people who can’t even maintain healthy relationships with their own children. You’d have to be moronic to take anything they spew about Meghan seriously.

Last edited:
I'm laughing at Sam's tweet "defending" Meghan against Jr's letter. It's basically it's the booze talking. I think Sam has it in her head that if the wedding is called off (we know it's not going to happen but follow me) Sam would lose her status as an in law to the BRF and the media will no longer pay attention to her. Worse, that same media could turn on her and Jr, blaming them for the wedding being called off.

It’s just a shame that some members of the Markle family have decided to make a total fool of themselves by carrying out their family feuds in the media. They clearly have some deep issues that they need to solve privately on someone’s sofa. They don’t have to take their anger out on Meghan; who has moved on in her life.

Notice how graceful and dignified Mr. Markle Sr. and Ms. Ragland have carried on since their daughter got involved with the worlds most famous bachelor.

The media prints these stories because people read them; look how many people came here talking about it and posting links. That is traffic for the sites and attention for Tom.

From People Magazine - Tom Sr. is going to the wedding:

Meghan Markle's Father Thomas Markle Will Attend Royal Wedding | PEOPLE.com

The poison pen letter by Jr. has just been blown out of the water. Coming out 24 hrs. after Jr. was saying she didn't invite their father. People is a gossip mag but it's considered more reliable than InTouch Weekly. I'm guessing Tom Sr was invited all along and he kept it from his family including his kids. Sam and Tom Jr and the other Markles will try to spin this to say Harry and Meghan gave in; but rational people will see this as an attempt to walk back what they've previously said in order to save face.

From People Magazine - Tom Sr. is going to the wedding:

Meghan Markle's Father Thomas Markle Will Attend Royal Wedding | PEOPLE.com

The poison pen letter by Jr. has just been blown out of the water. Coming out 24 hrs. after Jr. was saying she didn't invite their father. People is a gossip mag but it's considered more reliable than InTouch Weekly. I'm guessing Tom Sr was invited all along and he kept it from his family including his kids. Sam and Tom Jr and the other Markles will try to spin this to say Harry and Meghan gave in; but rational people will see this as an attempt to walk back what they've previously said in order to save face.

I tried to put the"Keep Calm and Carry On" poster into this post, but it wouldn't work: maybe a Daily Fail bug is at fault! In any case, I am sure that is posted on the wall of Ms Markle's work room!:bang:

IMHO, as a fan of Meghan from before she began dating Harry, there are enough videos from interviews, events, etc to, again IMHO show, that her demeanour or behaviour hasn't changed from when she began to be seen with Harry, or during engagements. I HIGHLY doubt she has went on a Diana video viewing spree in order to imitate her habits. Imo Meghan has always been charismatic, charming, has been able to read the room. There are also reports from multiple people from.years back, that she was a bit shy but very nice and kind. Chrissy Teigen said this, they knew each other from Deal or No Deal days. Jmo.

Her demeanor has changed SO much since her engagement, I don't know how anyone can say it hasn't. The confident woman strolling down the sidewalk to yoga has been replaced by a shy ingenue who coyly waves to the crowd from the safety of Harry's arm. They both have changed since they've been together, and not for the better imho.

Her demeanor has changed SO much since her engagement, I don't know how anyone can say it hasn't. The confident woman strolling down the sidewalk to yoga has been replaced by a shy ingenue who coyly waves to the crowd from the safety of Harry's arm. They both have changed since they've been together, and not for the better imho.

She's still quite a confident woman as we can see on all of their walkabouts. People are not exactly waiting for hours to see her and scream her name when she's walking to yoga. As for somehow suggesting she's hanging on to the safety of Harry's arm, they are simply holding hands. Like they also did in the few paparazzi shots we saw of them around the same time of those yoga shots. The only thing that's changed about Harry is that he's got an extra bounce in his step and looks so proud to have his fiancee join him.

We clearly are seeing completely different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom