Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. They don't need to do it, but a single, casual, brief appearance would knock the negative stuff right off the page. That said, I don't really think we're likely to see much if anything of Meghan before the wedding activities begin. But it would be nice for us if we did ?

I agree, i understand that they have to hide away to remain normal. But they have the tools to change the narrative. They have social media and could do another shorter interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s not exactly true as a few weeks back Samantha responded to someone who asked on twitter about her children and she said Ashleigh was lovely and speaks to her. We know Samantha has a serious issue with her youngest Noelle, but that doesn’t appear to be the case with her eldest daughter.

The same Samantha who claimed to raise Meghan since she was a baby? Who she claimed she last talked to Meghan 10, no 5, no what is it now? 3 years ago. Noelle who said she doesn't have any kind of relationship with her siblings who lived with Samantha until she was like 15? I don't believe anything these folk say.

That’s not exactly true as a few weeks back Samantha responded to someone who asked on twitter about her children and she said Ashleigh was lovely and speaks to her. We know Samantha has a serious issue with her youngest Noelle, but that doesn’t appear to be the case with her eldest daughter.

Honestly after everything that has gone on I loathe to consider Samantha a reliable narrator in this saga. However if Samantha and Ashleigh do talk she clearly has kept her mouth shut about the wedding (similar to her grandfather).

You just know that if Ashleigh said anything about the wedding, or even revealed she had an invitation, that Samantha would have told someone by now.

I think both Meghan’s parents put her through school so I don’t know why it’s taken as gospel truth that only one parent did. For all we know the whole funding could just as easily come via the other parent no one seems to mention in relation Meghan’s education. Her mum is highly educated at university level. And well, as we can see Not everything uttered from the mouths of the half sibs can be taken as gospel truth:whistling:

Last edited:
Its occurred to me that all of these pre-wedding stories and rants and diatribes and just hilarious, delusional rantings of estranged (with the emphasis on strange) family members barking out their orders that they will not, cannot and definitely should not be ignored will most definitely have a positive effect on Harry and Meghan themselves. I guarantee it.

They will focus their involvement and their work on mental health issues even more. They've seem some prime examples of poor mental health to last them a lifetime just in their engagement period. :D

Last edited:
I’m concerned about cries of the ‘far right’ over any dissent regarding Meghan.

Agree with them or not but Fox is the largest cable news network in America, MailOnline is the largest newspaper website in the world.

But anyway it’s obvious dissent isn’t welcome so..

Last edited:
I personally pay no attention to FOX News for a lot of reasons. And I am not surprised they picked up this story as fast as they did whatsoever, again, for so many reason. But it is expected. It is news after all.

How low, the brother will go? even if it is true all what he is saying , a person with class and education would never act like this! he wants attention to himself! How sad!
Lol I would not want to have anything to do with a family like this anyway!

I think both Meghan’s parents put her through school so I don’t know why it’s taken as gospel truth that only one parent did. For all we know the whole funding could just as easily come via the other parent no one seems to mention in relation Meghan’s education. Her mum is highly educated at university level. And well, as we can see Not everything uttered from the mouths of the half sibs can be taken as gospel truth:whistling:

I don't disagree but we also know Thomas was earning the bigger paycheck. They met when he was the lighting designer and she was an intern. That said clearly they both invested heavily in her education and were very hands on in her life growing up. That is their biggest issue with Meghan and make it no secret. Samantha flat out will tell you she moved in with her dad as a teenager. So he was not really much in her life until right before Meghan was part of the picture. Then it all shifted again.

Has any explanation been given as to why both parents filed for bankruptcy?

No explanation given for the mother, but according to Morton, and I would take this with a huge heaping of salt, Tom Sr. had some bad investments.

Unfortunately, it's not that hard to get into bankruptcy sometimes. Home mortgages, health issues, etc can all lead to it. The only debt not covered by bankruptcy is student loans, and if it did cover it, I think we would see the rate of bankruptcy increase tenfold, especially in the U.S.

Is it really anybody's business of what their personal finances are or were or will be? I don't think that is something that should ever become public knowledge.

Is it really anybody's business of what their personal finances are or were or will be? I don't think that is something that should ever become public knowledge.

I agree with you, it's no ones business, however, it is part of the narrative now. I don't like talking about people's finances, but bankruptcy is becoming so common, that I don't think people should use it to shame anyone. Because again, no one knows the circumstances.

Tom Jnr (and his sister) should know all about family estrangement. His two sons changed their surname after their mother divorced Tom and Sam has a long running feud with her daughter Noel. And if not receiving wedding invitations has 'torn' the family apart then that IMO says a lot about the family.

Maybe Tom and Samantha will shut up after the wedding? If so, what a blessing that will be.

No explanation given for the mother, but according to Morton, and I would take this with a huge heaping of salt, Tom Sr. had some bad investments.

Unfortunately, it's not that hard to get into bankruptcy sometimes. Home mortgages, health issues, etc can all lead to it. The only debt not covered by bankruptcy is student loans, and if it did cover it, I think we would see the rate of bankruptcy increase tenfold, especially in the U.S.

Doria cared for her mother in her last years of her life. I wouldn't be surprised if that contributed to it. Also people file for bankruptcy for a lot of reasons though people hardly bring up Doria's. Shocked DM didn't do a deep dive. Or maybe they did and the conclusion wasn't interesting enough.

Tom Jnr (and his sister) should know all about family estrangement. His two sons changed their surname after their mother divorced Tom and Sam has a long running feud with her daughter Noel. And if not receiving wedding invitations has 'torn' the family apart then that IMO says a lot about the family.

Maybe Tom and Samantha will shut up after the wedding? If so, what a blessing that will be.

Unfortunately, I don't think they will shut up at all. I think there will be a lull, but as soon as their is a whiff that Meghan may be pregnant, their big traps will open up again. However, this time, I think it would backfire immediately, as you put it, their own relationships with their children makes 'Mommy Dearest' looks like child's play.

Disgusting behaviour. The fact that their own children and parents keep a safe distance from them tells you all you need to know about Tom Jr and Samantha's personalities.

Poor Meghan. I can only imagine what she had to put up with growing up as a young child with a bitter Samantha around.

Hear me out on this, but I actually think the Tom Jr. was ambivalent about Meghan growing up, and went his own way once he move away from the family. I don't think that there was a huge rift between him and Meghan, and distance just drove them apart. I think she was probably indifferent to him, until he blabbed when the relationship was known.

Samantha on the other hand is a whole kettle of worms. I don't think I need to psychoanalyse dear Sammy to see just what her issue is with Meghan. She has 'daddy issues' which is something she needs to take up with her father and not her baby sister.

Given that the Couple are in pre-Wedding 'Purdah', ANYTHING written about them [especially if 'salacious'] is likely to be 'picked up' by mainstream media outlets..

Unscheduled 'surprise' appearances might be 'just the ticket', now .

Perhaps polo?

Why on earth does anyone think H&M will give a damn what Fox, DM viewers/readers do or say?? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ...Far right groups have been attacking their relationship since day dot. And they achieved NOTHING, NADA.?....Borderline n*ts will carry on and on and on about the Royal couple on whichever lil bit of the t’ternet will have them and it STILL WONT make a difference or mean a thing. They threw everything they had at them including the pantomime half sibs AND THEY ACHIEVED NOTHING. JUST CONTEMPT. The rational majority couldn’t give a toss:p

I certainly am not labelling Fox or DM and their commentators as far right that’s for others to decide. But I emphasise that even far worse have gone after Harry & Meghan, like far right types and they haven’t succeeded, so if the gloves fit. And I wouldn’t dismiss the racist letter and substance sent to the Royal Couple recently as nothing to do with the poisonous racial rhetoric from certain media quarters that shocked even Prince Harry prompting him to comment on it with his STATEMENT in defence of his then girlfriend. So let’s not “muddy the waters” here.
:previous:

Last edited:
I’m concerned about cries of the ‘far right’ over any dissent regarding Meghan.

Agree with them or not but Fox is the largest cable news network in America, MailOnline is the largest newspaper website in the world.

But anyway it’s obvious dissent isn’t welcome so..

This behavior by Tom Jr is going to continue as long as people pay him, and there will always be someone who will pay him and print whatever lunacy he wants to spout because he's related to royalty now. So, I don't see him or Samantha going away anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't disagree but we also know Thomas was earning the bigger paycheck. They met when he was the lighting designer and she was an intern. That said clearly they both invested heavily in her education and were very hands on in her life growing up. That is their biggest issue with Meghan and make it no secret. Samantha flat out will tell you she moved in with her dad as a teenager. So he was not really much in her life until right before Meghan was part of the picture. Then it all shifted again.
That he earned ‘big bucks’ is subjective ...he could just have decided to educate her the same way his other children were and put her through ordinary schools because to him that may well have seemed the right thing to do. Yes, some people are like that. And who’s to say Doria’s dad an antiques dealer didn’t assist her with funding Meghan’s private schooling? We just don’t know and I’m not going to assume Sr did it all on his own. The step/half sibs are just that, half/step sibs. And Meghan doesn’t claim or acknowledge these people so only in their heads can they claim to be related to the royals, not even via Meghan’s marriage. I don’t want this lovely thread derailed so I’m off. Agendas:whistling:

Last edited:
There, there Rudolph, come snuggle up next to me on the racist trolls bench ?

This behavior by Tom Jr is going to continue as long as people pay him, and there will always be someone who will pay him and print whatever lunacy he wants to spout because he's related to royalty now. So, I don't see him or Samantha going away anytime soon.

I agree! They are not going away. If and when Meghan and Harry have children...we are going to hear how the children are being kept from knowing their Markle relatives...and how the half siblings should be part of the children's lives etc etc. They will keep spouting their nonsense as long as they are given the ,platform and paid money.:whistling:

Gaak - what a cad! Tom Jr. really knows how to smear someone with a broad brush and unspecific allegations.

The thing about a parent's love is that it is not a zero sum game. If Dad loves your sister, it does not mean he does not love you. If you are a generation removed from your sister and dad is now able to make different education choices for his younger children, you cannot blame the child for that choice.

These people may not have ever heard of taking the high road, IMO. :sad:

The high road? I dont think that term is known to them. They are now so low..they are DIGGING!
But they are digging themselves so permanently out of Meghan's life, they may as well be dead, buried and forgotton.

The more they carry on, the more reasonable people empathize and agree with Meghan cutting them completely off from her life.

That he earned ‘big bucks’ is subjective ...he could just have decided to educate her the same way his other children were and put her through ordinary schools because to him that may well have seemed the right thing to do. Yes, some people are like that. And who’s to say Doria’s dad an antiques dealer didn’t assist her with funding Meghan’s private schooling? We just don’t know and I’m not going to assume Sr did it all on his own. The step/half sibs are just that, half/step sibs. And Meghan doesn’t claim or acknowledge these people so only in their heads can they claim to be related to the royals, not even via Meghan’s marriage. I don’t want this lovely thread derailed so I’m off. Agendas:whistling:

I didn't say he earned "big bucks" I said he earned a bigger paycheck and he likely did. That is not a slight. He was an lightening designer for daytime and prime time and won an Emmy. They met when Doria was interning on his show. He mad decent money. And he didn't raise his two oldest. They came back into his life when there are basically teenagers. They both have said that much. No need to be defensive about Doria. She clearly is a very big influence in her life and also paid many bills as well. But it isn't all that left field to think Tom likely picked up most of the bill especially when people from her school mention being more familiar with her dad than her mom. Meghan even talked about her school was in his neighborhood, IIRC.

When it comes to Harry and Meghan and people like the estranged siblings, there is absolutely *no* road whatsoever. Why else would Tom Jr. take this letter to a media outlet? He knows there is no way that he could get this letter to Harry or Meghan otherwise that they'd actually read it let alone react to it.

This is the "noise" that Meghan has referred to that she doesn't pay attention to. She's knows exactly what these people are like from experience and has chosen to block that "noise" out and get on with her life.

There are some families that end up like this, angry, totally estranged, and unable to meet halfway to sort things out. Of course, these families don’t have to play out their tragedy on a world stage, but some small towns are quite rent by the enmity, taking sides, etc.

And often, there is nothing that can be done to heal the breach. This seems to be one of those cases. From now on, her ‘family’ will say what they want, and unless it’s actionable, Meghan will remain silent. How sad,that something that should bring great joy to a family, will not.

Beyond comprehension. (If this gal were marrying a regular “Joe” I doubt she’d here from them). The palette of true colors takes ugly to a level most can’t fathom.

Whatever one thinks of this union, words fail me to express my disgust in watching/reading one trying to willfully hurt another, Meghan’s silence is a powerful reminder of her strength of character in these verbal attacks. Beyond comprehension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom