The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1281  
Old 03-29-2018, 03:15 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
About Meghan’s background, her mum divorced the dad when she was six and she primarily lived with her mum afterwards. I think I read somewhere that she moved out with her mum when she was two yrs old as that was when her parents actually separated. The official divorce occurred when she was six. That is not to say she did not spend anytime at all with her dad. She did and she says so herself. She spent time after school on an acting set with the dad. And there were those occasions she spent time with his extended family. But she primarily lived with her mother. And brought up by her mother particularly during her formative teenage years. Which is a very important time growing up. And does determine certain influences.

Now, if we are to believe Samantha’s version of her OWN living arrangements, she says she’d been living with her dad since she was 12yrs old. That is more than enough time for her dad to make up for whatever shortfalls of parenting people like to claim she missed out on. Her important formative teenage years were spent growing up and living around/with her father.

The post on the CoA thread was off topic so I am pasting it here.

Greed, hate, jealousy in their extremity are a very powerful combination particularly in those two who know deep down in their hearts of hearts they will never be one and the same as Meghan (as much as they love to pretend otherwise). She may have had bits of other influences in her life besides her mum’s. But Doria’s BLOOD/love/nurture/ethic, and more importantly her guidance - burns strong and runs right through her only child’s very being. And it shows. They are different from Meghan and don’t they just know it.

Sharing a surname cannot mitigate that. CoA or no CoA.
__________________

  #1282  
Old 03-29-2018, 03:19 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Reem View Post
About Meghan’s background, her mum divorced the dad when she was six and she primarily lived with her mum afterwards. I think I read somewhere that she moved out with her mum when she was two yrs old as that was when her parents when her parents actually separated. The official divorce occurred when she was six. That is not to say she did not anytime at all with her dad. She did as as she says so herself. She spent time after school on an acting set with the dad. And there were those occasions she spent time with his extended family. But she primarily lived with her mother. And brought up by her mother’s particularly during her formative teenage years. Which is a very important time growing up. And does determine certain influences.

Now, if we are to believe Samantha’s version of her OWN living arrangements, she says she’d been living with her dad since she was 12yrs old. That is more than enough time for her dad to make up for whatever shortfalls of parenting people like to claim she missed out on. Her important teenage formative years were spent growing up and living with her father.
Actually, Meghan pretty much split her time in between the parents. In fact, in one in-depth piece that was done I believe after the engagement, it said she lived with her father primarily while Doria worked as a flight attendant. By her own accounts, her mother and father were both heavily involved in raising her.

As for Samantha, I have no idea what happened to her, but clearly something went down the wrong path at some point.
__________________

  #1283  
Old 03-29-2018, 03:25 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Well I read differently to yours and there are many varying reports flying about. Yet it is still undisputed that she primarily lived with her mum. I have not read it confirmed by Meghan that her mum worked as a flight attendant. And I never said she hadn’t spent part of her childhood with the dad. In fact I stated she did spend time with him as well as members of his family including his other children. And her mother’s family too.
  #1284  
Old 03-29-2018, 03:28 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Two 50 year old children who don't have close relationships with their OWN children or their own mother. Who have had little or no contact with Meghan but where the first ones to speak constantly to the press. Thomas was caught going to KP trying to extort money in order to set up a business.

Meghan owes them NOTHING, if their own children can't stand them, then why is Meghan obligated to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Reem View Post
Well I read differently to yours and there are many varying reports flying about. Yet it is still undisputed that she primarily lived with her mum. I have not read it confirmed by Meghan that her mum worked as a flight attendant. And I never said she hadn’t spent part of her childhood with the dad. In fact I stated she did spend time with him as well as members of his family including his other children. And her mother’s family too.
It should be noted that the story regarding Meghan's mother comes from noted liar Samantha.
  #1285  
Old 03-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Reem View Post
The post on the CoA thread was off topic so I am pasting it here.

Greed, hate, jealousy in their extremity are a very powerful combination particularly in those two who know deep down in their hearts of hearts they will never be one and the same as Meghan (as much as they love to pretend otherwise). She may have had bits of other influences in her life besides her mum’s. But Doria’s BLOOD/love/nurture/ethic, and more importantly her guidance - burns strong and runs right through her only child’s very being. And it shows. They are different from Meghan and don’t they just know it.

Sharing a surname cannot mitigate that. CoA or no CoA.
Nicely summed up, Lady Reem. Very true.

In fairness to Tom Sr he married young and clueless and that first family did not benefit from his constant presence or care in the same way that Meghan did. We already know that Tom Sr gave Meghan important life guidance which she was likely able to 'hear' because of Doria, and because of the sensitivity being bi-racial demanded of Meghan. In sum, just a very different life experience created a very different woman. Message to everyone: look carefully before you leap into making babies with anyone!
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1286  
Old 03-29-2018, 03:37 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 9,712
What contact does Meghan have with her paternal uncle Frederick Markle and his family?
  #1287  
Old 03-29-2018, 03:40 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,380
According to this article, Meghan was primarily raised by her mother:

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...doria-ragland/

Another article from the Daily Mail states Doria worked as flight attendant "after separating from her husband, Thomas Markle, when Meghan was young."

How Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle's mums are similar | Daily Mail Online

All I have to say is Doria did an excellent job. Just compare Meghan to her half-siblings. And unlike other family members, both Doria and Thomas Sr. have displayed the utmost dignity by keeping their mouths firmly shut.
  #1288  
Old 03-29-2018, 03:41 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,420
BTW I have always been told (and been of the opinion) that most aspects of character/personality have been set in motion by the teenage years. By the time a child reaches 13-14 any issues have to be sorted out by the individual themselves. If they are fortunate they meet with beneficent influences that they are able to receive but by the teenage years they have to have that opening or it's a tough row to hoe. JMO.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #1289  
Old 03-29-2018, 03:41 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
It should be noted that the story regarding Meghan's mother comes from noted liar Samantha.
At one point she was claiming she had raised Meghan as a child

Come on, I mean she is after all renowned for her exemplary parenting
  #1290  
Old 03-29-2018, 03:55 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Reem View Post
At one point she was claiming she had raised Meghan as a child

Come on, I mean she is after all renowned for her exemplary parenting
We are to believe that? so who was raising her oldest children who are only 5 years younger than Meghan?
Save
  #1291  
Old 03-29-2018, 03:55 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
What contact does Meghan have with her paternal uncle Frederick Markle and his family?
This thread should be renamed Megan Markle: Delusional Family and Background.

I have no clue what Frederick Markle's relationship is with Meghan but how much in common can a 76 year old man have with his niece that has a very busy life? I don't know what Tom Jr. was smoking but this statement caught my eye from the Daily Fail article (yeps... when it comes to entertaining delusional people, I read it).

"According to Markle Jr, his uncle Frederick, 76, a self-styled bishop who runs his own tiny church in Sanford, Florida, is likely to go to Windsor, whether or not he receives an invitation."

A 76 year old man just showing up in Windsor probably thinking of getting in the chapel anyways? That is not intelligent thinking. Someone should google this pastor and send him the details of what the security is going to be in and around Windsor on the wedding day.

Unfortunately, I think the odds are that the crazy and delusional antics of the Markle family is just going to ramp up from here on out.

Read more: Thomas Markle Jr says he is waiting for a royal wedding invite | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #1292  
Old 03-29-2018, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,184
These estranged Markles have no shame. Absolutely none. Every person, who has gone to the press to give interviews about Meghan is showing why they're not in Meghan's life. Tbh, these people come off a bit scary, as in threatening, 'if you don't do as we want you to, watch out, we'll try to embarrass you more than ever'.
  #1293  
Old 03-29-2018, 04:58 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
We are to believe that? so who was raising her oldest children who are only 5 years younger than Meghan?
Save
Oldest two were brought up at some point by Samantha’s former in laws and it appears they are doing quite well. Samantha’s youngest, Noelle Rasmussen has been brought up by her maternal gran after her early horrendous years living with her mum as a kid. And she’s not doing bad herself, so kudos to her gran, Roslyn.

There’s a lot to be said about a child’s/children formative teenage years, and in my opinion both Doria and Rosyln were not the negative common denominator in their children’s lives.
  #1294  
Old 03-29-2018, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Reem View Post
There’s a lot to be said about a child’s/children formative teenage years, and in my opinion both Doria and Rosyln were not the negative common denominator in their children’s lives.
If that's a comment about Tom Sr being a bad parent, that's quite unfortunate. Meghan has stated how good of an influence BOTH of her parents were to her. I'm not denying that Tom Markle probably wasn't the best dad he could be to his older kids, but he had them quite young. Parenting does get better with age and life experience a lot of times (not knocking young parents at all). And Meghan has turned out quite well. I think it's quite unfair to deny that Tom Markle is also instrumental in how she turned out given everything we've heard from Meghan.
  #1295  
Old 03-29-2018, 05:20 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Nicely summed up, Lady Reem. Very true.

In fairness to Tom Sr he married young and clueless and that first family did not benefit from his constant presence or care in the same way that Meghan did. We already know that Tom Sr gave Meghan important life guidance which she was likely able to 'hear' because of Doria, and because of the sensitivity being bi-racial demanded of Meghan. In sum, just a very different life experience created a very different woman. Message to everyone: look carefully before you leap into making babies with anyone!
Men who up and leave a young family usually never have a good track record in parenting and being a permanent factor around a second family. I am not saying that was the case with Mr Markle Snr. But I do wonder about that Ninaki Priddy video clip of Meghan during her teenage years and has she drove past his home she stated her relationship with him was estranged and that she wouldn’t stop by, what she described as “his house”. Even now, he appears to have locked him away for quite some time as a “recluse” far away from his children and the world, so who knows?
  #1296  
Old 03-29-2018, 05:24 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
If that's a comment about Tom Sr being a bad parent, that's quite unfortunate. Meghan has stated how good of an influence BOTH of her parents were to her. I'm not denying that Tom Markle probably wasn't the best dad he could be to his older kids, but he had them quite young. Parenting does get better with age and life experience a lot of times (not knocking young parents at all). And Meghan has turned out quite well. I think it's quite unfair to deny that Tom Markle is also instrumental in how she turned out given everything we've heard from Meghan.
I read some people try to portray Rosyln as a reason Sam & Tom Jr are the way they are and I am simply saying I do not believe that to be the case and gave my reasons why. I’d thank you not to put words in my mouth.

Everyone here has an opinion, I have mine.
  #1297  
Old 03-29-2018, 05:24 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,946
According Meghan (via the Vanity Fair article)


Markle says, “What’s so incredible, you know, is that my parents split up when I was two, [but] I never saw them fight. We would still take vacations together. My dad would come on Sundays to drop me off, and we’d watch
Jeopardy!
eating dinner on TV trays, the three of us. . . . We were still so close-knit.
--------------------
So I believe Tom and Doria have/had an amicable relationship while jointly raising their daughter. It goes without saying (cause we can see the pictures) that at some point Meghan has been around her half siblings. I think Samantha is stretching it a bit to say that she raised Meghan.

ETA:


Yeah, if I was Thomas Jr., I am not sure if I would hold my breath. And of course, he is going to write a book. Yeah, that's going to get you an invitation. Honestly, I think the next time he will see Meghan is at their father's funeral. And I am no means wishing death on her father. I just don't think he will ever see her again. And neither he or Samantha will EVER meet any potential kids.
__________________
.

  #1298  
Old 03-29-2018, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Reem View Post
I read some people try to portray Rosyln as a reason Sam & Tom Jr are the way they are and I am simply saying I do not believe that to be the case and gave my reasons why. I’d thank you not to put words in my mouth.

Everyone here has an opinion, I have mine.
I'm not seeing people here trying to portray Roslyn as a certain type of mother here. In fact, her parenting skills are rather irrelevant as this thread isn't about her children. However, comments like Roslyn and Doria weren't the negative common nominator does make it seem like you are suggesting Tom Sr. was. I'm glad if you are clearing up you weren't suggesting that, as my comments were based on if that was the case.
  #1299  
Old 03-29-2018, 05:38 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: SL, United Kingdom
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Reem View Post
Prince Harry strikes up a close relationship with Thomas Markle | Daily Mail Online

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...harry-11658082

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...harry-11658082

Why is Thomas Markle Snr’ female companion talking to the press about H&M?

How about the Markles don’t say a word to the press / media at all and think about Meghan for once.
Tom Markle’s new female friend being indiscreet here discussing Meghan and Harry’s business with the press as well as convey his message that he “misses” his daughter. I wish they’d all stop speaking to the papers and respect Meghan’s privacy. Anyway now she’s getting married I hope he does get to see her since he misses her we’re told.
  #1300  
Old 03-29-2018, 05:45 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,946
Honestly, anything written via the tabloids I would take with a grain of salt. Especially with a source who doesn't know Meghan (nor will she likely know her if she keeps talking).

We are supposed to believe that Thomas Sr., who is a recluse, is all of a sudden talking about his daughter and her relationship with the BRF, with someone he has known for what? Five minutes? A Month? I doubt it.
__________________

__________________
.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, meghan markle, royal family


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018 soapstar Current Events Archive 832 05-20-2018 06:28 AM
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018 Cocoasneeze Current Events Archive 1431 05-20-2018 06:25 AM
Meghan Markle's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2017 - May 2018 JessRulz Archives 2048 05-19-2018 03:22 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi american american history ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism british british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen camilla carolin china chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs doll dresses duke of sussex family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf highgrove history hochberg house of windsor imperial household italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery king edward vii książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg maxima meghan markle monarchy nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn prince dimitri princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess of orange princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen maxima queen victoria royal ancestry royal jewels serbian royal family spain speech sussex suthida swedish queen taiwan tradition uae customs unfinished portrait united states of america welsh wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×