Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Priddy feels like she’s the one who’s been wronged, it may give her satisfaction to sell pics and stories. None of us knows what really went on.

A 30 year friendship ended over something. What percentage of blame is with either party is much more complicated

I feel she is pathetic. Or broke. Probably both. She literally just selling her childhood. I could initially get the 1st one. Media is bombarding anyone and everyone but it has been months of this. Countless videos and pictures. It isn't even anything bad. Just lane. She is really just like Samantha to me. Anything for the almighty dollar.

Again, sources/links?

It's been reported that Meghan mailed her wedding rings to Trevor as a way of breaking up instead of doing it in person. I have to say that would certainly have made me question the kind of person my supposed friend was if she could do something so cold-blooded.

Meghan Markle 'ended first marriage by posting rings back to Trevor Engelson' | Metro News

I wouldn't question her because we don't know her relationship with Trevor. Maybe she felt that was the only way to end it. Some of his family claimed he was blindsided and others are quoted saying they had issues for a while but thought they would work it out. That is between them. No one knows the inner workings of any marriage and what some could see as cruel could actually be far from it. Or it could be what it is. Priddy sided with Trevor over Meghan. Lindsay and Heather clearly sided with Meghan. So the friendship ended.

Last edited:
Of course she doesn't give them a second thought, she burned their bridge loooong ago. That's the thing though, smart people don't burn bridges, they know that it may feel good at the moment but in the future they may have made an enemy. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer as the saying goes.

What bridge did she burn? According to Priddy, she ended her marriage. HERS, not Priddy's. Priddy didn't agree with that, so she ended the friendship. And being close to Priddy when the friendship was clearly over would be considered manipulative, and using people, and Meghan didn't do that. The friendship ended, Meghan got over it and moved on.

Do you people realize that you're taking interviews and statements from the tabloids such as the Fail and treating them as if they were gospel truth? If so, then everything that has come out of Samantha Grant and Thomas Jr. should also be taken as gospel truths.

Then again, how bout those stories of a gin soaked Camilla plotting the early demise of the Queen? If the rags printed it, it must be true right? :whistling:

The fact remains that Meghan has never spoken about her marriage. She has never told her story and the only people who have talked about it have been paid to tell her stories and are making a nice profit from it. No one who is close with Meghan has told her side of the story.

I assume its not something she is happy about. Usually a failed marriage is used to create a narrative for someone who is famous. Meghan has kept both her relationship with her ex and with Cory out of her narrative, preferring to leave that part of her life private.

One would say sending back the rings was cruel but I think keeping the rings would have been cruel as well. One would say only taking a blender was mean, but to divorce in California and not want anything when most would get alimony says that she at least did not want to prolong or cause extended acrimony.

Again, why would she? It's in her best interest to remain silent. It's in her exes best interest to blab, why shouldn't they? Fair is fair.

Of course she doesn't give them a second thought, she burned their bridge loooong ago. That's the thing though, smart people don't burn bridges, they know that it may feel good at the moment but in the future they may have made an enemy. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer as the saying goes.

I'm sorry, but NO. Once you've crossed the line of friendship, you are gone. Priddy stated in her original "tell all" to the Daily Mail that she is the one who ended the friendship. Should Meghan have grovelled to her to remain friends with her. NO. She rightfully moved on. And if all Priddy has is some old videos, and she keeps shelling them out for whatever pittance of money the tabloids are giving her, I hope she has been saving for a rainy day, because it cannot and will not last forever.

Also, I'm sorry. But if I'm friends with someone for over 30 years, and their marriage ended, and it had absolutely nothing to do with me, I'm not ending my friendship. It may become strained based on circumstances, but nothing that would ever make me sell my journey with said friend. That is to tell you what type of person Priddy is, and it says more about her than it does about Meghan or even Trevor.

Again, why would she? It's in her best interest to remain silent. It's in her exes best interest to blab, why shouldn't they? Fair is fair.

Fair is Fair would be if both sides equally told their story. Only one side is talking while the other has never spoken.

Fair is Fair would be if both sides agreed the past is past.

Yes, but Meghan's exes haven't 'blabbed'. Neither Trevor nor Cory have said a word to any author or media outlet. The only people around them who've talked have been Cory's mother/parents who said nice things, and a couple of people close to Trevor who have spread a story or two, one of them for a great deal of money.

The way Priddy is acting, you'd think she was the one married to Trevor and Meghan stole Trevor from her. No one ends a friendship of that length no matter how awful that friend has behaved and at the end of the day neither Meghan nor Trevor have talked about it. Of course Trevor is producing a series that will have parallels to his marriage to Meghan. For that, he gets no sympathy from me.
Bitter people the lot of them.

We must have been reading a different article, because nothing in the one I posted said anything about Trevor having no clue the marriage was ending, it said he was devastated by her sending the rings back and that he was shell shocked after the marriage ended. I think it goes without saying that two adults know if their marriage is in trouble, it wouldn't have come as a surprise except in the way she did it.

It has been other articles by his friends and family. Some claim he didn't know. I find that very hard to believe especially when others confirm they had been having issues ever since she moved to Toronto for filming. Meghan had been with Trevor since she was 22 years old. Sometimes people just drift apart especially when there are major changes and shifts in dynamics.

I won't pretend to know what happened in their marriage. None of our business but I do find it strange how invested it seems Priddy was in about everything in Meghan's life. Ending that friendship probably was the best thing that happened to her. Seemed a tad unhealthy as someone on the outside looking in.

Quite right. Something's fishy in Denmark. And the stench is leading all the way back to Priddy. And as we've noticed, she's selling her story to UK tabloids, because she knows U.S. media outlets would do their digging and then call her on her BS.

I'm sorry, but NO. Once you've crossed the line of friendship, you are gone. Priddy stated in her original "tell all" to the Daily Mail that she is the one who ended the friendship. Should Meghan have grovelled to her to remain friends with her. NO. She rightfully moved on. And if all Priddy has is some old videos, and she keeps shelling them out for whatever pittance of money the tabloids are giving her, I hope she has been saving for a rainy day, because it cannot and will not last forever.

Also, I'm sorry. But if I'm friends with someone for over 30 years, and their marriage ended, and it had absolutely nothing to do with me, I'm not ending my friendship. It may become strained based on circumstances, but nothing that would ever make me sell my journey with said friend. That is to tell you what type of person Priddy is, and it says more about her than it does about Meghan or even Trevor.

It's fine that she moved on and didn't patch up the friendship, that is certainly everyone's right, I've had to just move on in the past, most people do. All I'm saying is when you break that connection that it takes any loyalty off the table, so you now have someone who knows a lot about you who feels perfectly entitled to sell their story. Just human nature, as ignoble as that sometimes is.

Last edited:

Her exes aren't blabbing. Well Cory said, that Meghan is a great girl, and wishes her all the best, and his mother praised Meghan a lot. Trevor hasn't blabbed. Priddy has blabbed about Meghan and Trevor's marriage, which in all honesty, is none of her business. How weird and intrusive is that, blabbing about your ex friend's past relationship.

Priddy is who burnt the bridge by ending her relationship with Meghan after 30 years. It wasn't Meghan who ended it. And I agree wih others, what business was it of Priddy to get involved in Meghan's marriage. As for keeping your enemies close...Give me a break!!!! All of the tabloid stories that these people had hoped would wreck the relationship between Meghan and Harry have FAILED miserably!!!! They running to the tabloids and selling her out did not work in 2016 when Harry and Meghan's relationship became public....in 2017 when they became engaged......nor will it work now that it's 18 days until the wedding! Prince Harry appears more happy, in love and supportive of Meghan every time we see them together! That must really burn Priddy, Samantha and others like them to see!!!!

Meghan was smart! Smart enough to leave people behind who turned out to be traitors! And all of those traitors are now on the outside looking in as she gets ready to marry a British Prince.

Last edited:
I think that the prime concern to have is that if Meghan's and Priddy's friendship has been on the fritz for a while, its safe to assume that Priddy has no real insight into who Meghan is today or to be blunt, anything really having to do with Meghan and her life choices.

I could go on and on about a friend I had as a childhood best friend that I've lost contact with a long time ago but I could not begin to seriously comment on the person that friend is today. Same with people that knew me "back then". People change. Relationships change. People grow in different directions and go in different directions and what really matters though is the person they are in the right here and now.

Those that remain close with Meghan are the ones that are not talking or cashing in on that friendship. Its mostly the primary reason why they are still close friends. A close friendship is actually putting the other person's well being in the forefront before personal gains. Those that have dished out on Meghan are not her friends in any way, shape or form. They are using her.

I think that the prime concern to have is that if Meghan's and Priddy's friendship has been on the fritz for a while, its safe to assume that Priddy has no real insight into who Meghan is today or to be blunt, anything really having to do with Meghan and her life choices.

I could go on and on about a friend I had as a childhood best friend that I've lost contact with a long time ago but I could not begin to seriously comment on the person that friend is today. Same with people that knew me "back then". People change. Relationships change. People grow in different directions and go in different directions and what really matters though is the person they are in the right here and now.

Those that remain close with Meghan are the ones that are not talking or cashing in on that friendship. Its mostly the primary reason why they are still close friends. A close friendship is actually putting the other person's well being in the forefront before personal gains. Those that have dished out on Meghan are not her friends in any way, shape or form. They are using her.

:previous:Now this I can agree with, very thoughtful post. Thank you.:flowers:

I have to step away for a bit, real life calls...

Let's move on from speculating about what happened in Meghan's 1st marriage and in her friendship with Priddy.

Last edited:
What does Priddy have to lose, why should she be loyal to a person who doesn't give two seconds thought about her?
It's not about loyalty, but human decency. That right there shows what type of person she is, and it's not good. Of course she can speak whatever she wants as long as it doesn't get into slander territory. However, is it a decision a decent person would make? That's questionable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I seem to remember wearing a black robe and cap.

Curbside, your memory is not failing you.

Northwestern changed to custom purple gowns specifically designed for the school in 2007.
There are significant changes this year in rental regalia worn by all candidates for degrees. Custom purple rental gowns designed for Northwestern that feature the University crest are the new regalia standard and must be worn by all participating candidates. Tassels feature the Northwestern seal signet and are worn on the left side at all times. Candidates may not alter or decorate their regalia in any way or wear additional articles not directly related to academic merit. Doing so may interfere with their ability to participate. Bachelor degree regalia includes a souvenir stole.
(Source: https://web.archive.org/web/2007050...stern.edu:80/commencement/caps_and_gowns.html)

Prior to that, they were black
Participants in the Commencement ceremony must wear a University-approved cap and gown. Candidates are asked not to alter or decorate their regalia in any way or to wear additional articles not directly related to academic merit. Doing so may interfere with their ability to participate. All gowns are black, with the exception of gowns worn by PhD candidates who may elect to purchase the official Northwestern purple gown
(Source: https://web.archive.org/web/2006042...stern.edu:80/commencement/caps_and_gowns.html)

The gowns did get more expensive ($17 in 2006, $42.85 in 2007 with the new purple gowns) but not orders of magnitude more expensive.

Last edited:
Thomas Jr wrote a letter to Prince Harry.

In a handwritten letter shared exclusively with In Touch, Meghan Markle’s estranged brother, Thomas Markle Jr., tells Prince Harry that it’s 'not too late' to not marry his sister.

"As more time passes to your royal wedding, it became very clear that this is the biggest mistake in royal wedding history," Tom warns. "Meghan Markle is obviously not the right woman for you." he also adds that she is a "jaded, shallow, conceited woman that will make a joke of you and the royal family heritage."

"Not to mention, to top it all off, she doesn’t invite her own family and instead invites complete strangers to the wedding. Who does that?" he asks. "You and the royal family should put an end to this fake fairytale wedding before it’s too late." Tom concludes his letter with, "Also you would think that a royal wedding would bring a torn family closer together, but I guess we are all distant family to Meg."

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/meghan-markle-brother-prince-harry-letter-159208

Thomas is a truly awful human being. My heart is broken for Meghan.

Last edited:
This IMO speaks and confirms why he is not invited.

And PS Thomas, if Meghan and Harry have kids...I am willing to bet you will NEVER see them. OMG.

Other than a potential pay check (cause I can only assume he was paid for such an article) what does he hope to achieve?

Last edited:
Is it wrong that I laughed, reading this badly capitalised, rather pathetic letter ,written [as befits an eight year old] on lined paper [perhaps from an exercise book] ?

Absolutely horrible. He did threats to embarrass Meghan if she didn't pay up for his animal sanctuary, and he's making good on that promise.

I truly hope, that Meghan and Harry are able to ignore this noise, and enjoy the time leading up to the wedding.

Is it wrong that I laughed, reading this badly capitalised, rather pathetic letter ,written [as befits an eight year old] on lined paper [perhaps from an exercise book] ?

I laughed, too, because it was absolutely ludicrous. I'm sure Thomas hoped for a different reaction, but there you have, in a single letter, exactly why Meghan has no contact with that side of the family; he is so oblivious and self-focussed that he doesn't seem to understand how revealing that letter is--of him, not of Meghan.

If the world ever needs an abundant supply of sour grapes, we know exactly where to find them. :D

That letter was hilarious. He is insane. How can he say "this wedding should heal us" and then say "don't marry her!" He nuts. They all lost their minds.

Ignore them FOREVER Meghan.

I got a chuckle out of it as well.

I mean...I can't even imagine what he was thinking.

Scratch that...he clearly wasn't thinking.

He said that Thomas Sr. wasn't invited to the wedding but how would he know if he doesn't talk to him. It's also interesting that he references Meghan putting their father into debt? Has anyone else heard this rumour? I was under the impression that Thomas won a substantial sum in the lottery (around 750K) and this helped Meghan go to her private school in California.

Last edited:
That letter was hilarious. He is insane. How can he say "this wedding should heal us" and then say "don't marry her!" He nuts. They all lost their minds.

Ignore them FOREVER Meghan.

Actually this is what she is doing a very good job at and the more Meghan (or Harry or anybody) don't react to these people, the more unbalanced, delusional and just plain self righteous these clowns become. Even the publications that are printing these delusional rantings are doing it because its just too damn hilarious to pass up. :D

I am reminded of a Klingon proverb that states "Revenge is a dish best served cold".

Actually this is what she is doing a very good job at and the more Meghan (or Harry or anybody) don't react to these people, the more unbalanced, delusional and just plain self righteous these clowns become. Even the publications that are printing these delusional rantings are doing it because its just too damn hilarious to pass up. :D

I am reminded of a Klingon proverb that states "Revenge is a dish best served cold".

I am actually kind of worried that they will try something the day of the wedding. I can't imagine why any magazine, television network would want to be associated with that.

I am actually kind of worried that they will try something the day of the wedding. I can't imagine why any magazine, television network would want to be associated with that.

Because of the clicks. Unfortunately, that's exactly why these loons keep on getting published or interviewed, and the more outrageous or unbalanced they become, the more attention they get. The media have to know that all of this is bizarre nonsense, but they don't care.

I'm really beginning to worry about how this all might escalate as we get closer to the wedding.

I got a chuckle out of it as well.

I mean...I can't even imagine what he was thinking.

Scratch that...he clearly wasn't thinking.

He said that Thomas Sr. wasn't invited to the wedding but how would he know if he doesn't talk to him. It's also interesting that he references Meghan putting their father into debt? Has anyone else heard this rumour? I was under the impression that Thomas won a substantial sum in the lottery (around 750K) and this helped Meghan go to her private school in California.

The lottery story has always been questioned. As for debt? He put her through private schools her entire life. Snr actually raised Meghan and gave her a great education. This has always been the source of bitterness for Samantha and Jnr. They don't even hide it. I have whiplash with these bipolar siblings. They go to the press selling some sweet sibling tale of being hurt but then the REAL comes out and they attack her. I'm sure this is why she calls herself an ONLY child. Jnr provided letters where he admitted he asked her for money and threatened to "embarrass" her if she kept it ignoring him. Well he kept his word. Poor Meghan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom