Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again before passing judgement, remember this is the same Daily Fail that said Harry was pining after Meghan for 2 years and was a fan of Suits.

ALL Markle's would be well advised to adopt QEQM's maxim -" Never complain, never explain".
Not to ANYONE in the Press/Media..

Last edited:
ALL Markle's would be well advised to adopt QEQM's maxiim -" Never complain, never explain".
Not to ANYONE in the Press/Media..

They won't follow it because it's profitable. They won't stay quiet unless they do something that gets them serious jail time and their lawyers tell them to zip it. What they have said in an interview that is germaine is admissible in court.

IF Doria met with Oprah, good on her! She's been harassed for months and months by the paparazzi. She's been ridiculed by the tabloid press. IF, and it's a big if, and I need to see photographic proof of this happening, cause DailyFail has proven to be more wrong than right multiple times. It doesn't paint Doria on any different light to me, if Doria met with Oprah, except that she's an excellent parent and has handled more than her share with grace and dignity. I'd be very interested to see her be interviews by Oprah, tbh.

Interesting to see how fast this little piece of gossip is bought, and while there's no idea what this meeting was possibly about, Doria even seeing Oprah is seen as a negative, even without any interviews.

They won't follow it because it's profitable.

Which reflects VERY badly on them, and merely serves to cheapen the 'Family name' and image..

IF Doria met with Oprah, good on her! She's been harassed for months and months by the paparazzi. She's been ridiculed by the tabloid press. IF, and it's a big if, and I need to see photographic proof of this happening, cause DailyFail has proven to be more wrong than right multiple times. It doesn't paint Doria on any different light to me, if Doria met with Oprah, except that she's an excellent parent and has handled more than her share with grace and dignity. I'd be very interested to see her be interviews by Oprah, tbh.

Interesting to see how fast this little piece of gossip is bought, and while there's no idea what this meeting was possibly about, Doria even seeing Oprah is seen as a negative, even without any interviews.

Given how judgemental the UK press is Doria is used the notion that she does not have the privilege to breath, not in the US or the UK. This is the press that called her a gangster and called her home that is worth millions gangster ridden. Meeting with Oprah is an honor and I hope she had a great time.

I also find it interesting that the Daily Mail keeps saying that Doria is a yoga instructor when her actual job is a social worker for those facing elder abuse. I don't think she even leads yoga classes regularly, but I think the DM does it on purpose to fit their "Meghan is so new age" tone which they seem to hold in contempt.

Anyway, we literally have no idea why or if Meghan's mom met with Oprah, but Oprah's magazine, like all magazines, spreads are done 5 months out so why would Oprah have her for an interview so close to the wedding that will not be out in time to hit peak wedding fever?

Someone mentioned that Doria's church uses Oprah's house for sessions and gives out baskets. Perhaps that is it? Or maybe someone told Oprah about Doria and maybe that she was struggling with the attention from her daughter's wedding and Oprah reached out? Nothing wrong with that at all.

Which reflects VERY badly on them, and merely serves to cheapen the 'Family name' and image..

Meghan doesn't associate with those people. So they not cheapening anything of her when she doesn't claim them. It is no secret to anyone she hasn't talked to most these people in almost a decade. They want to profit off her and honestly once the wedding happen the media will tire of them. They have told every story and sold every picture at this point.

not cheapening anything of her

I didn't say they WERE, did I ? I said cheapening the 'family name'. Which they are...[repeatedly] !

She can have lunch with anyone she wants and I hope she had a great time, if it actually happend.

I really think lunch with a great host and ally like Oprah is great for Doria.

It makes sense to me that Oprah (being the kind of caring woman she is) might reach out to help Doria. :flowers: Meghan is in the UK dealing with her own preparations. Oprah deals with the press all the time (positive and negative) and knows a good deal about clothes and hair and make-up and how to present to the public and the cameras. Good for Doria getting such an ally, if that is what has happened. :flowers:

Meghan Markle: Family and Background

While she might be caring I also think Oprah knows how to get what she wants if that’s an insider that can help her career and she is talking about running for president. I would hope it was just a lunch. It might not be true that’s what I hope no lunch and no basket of goodies

Last edited:
While she might be caring I also think Oprah knows how to get what she wants if that’s an insider that can help her career and she is talking about running for president. I would hope it was just a lunch. It might not be true that’s what I hope no lunch and no basket of goodies

Oprah has said she's not running after the speculations came up after her speech.

If true, and that's a big if given there are no photos, what is wrong with Oprah having lunch with Doria? Even if Oprah just wanted to reach out given the abuse Meghan and Doria has taken from the press and offer some moral support, is that wrong? Perhaps we are just bit jaded that we would see issues with human kindness. Oh well, what people assume says much about them than the people they are making assumptions about.

Omid Scobie:
Was hoping this happened (because who better to have as an ally?) but a rep for @Oprah says her reported six-hour meeting with Meghan Markle’s mother Doria didn’t happen.
Interestingly, however, the two do belong to the same church in Cali...

Last edited by a moderator:
It never happened? Shocker. Lol. Glad it was confirmed. The too specific details but lack of pictures was my 1st clue it was the usual DM nonsense.

Last edited:
So the Doria/Oprah meet did not happen. Somewhat disappointed because Oprah would have presented a positive counter narrative. So it's only the Marks running to the press.

VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: “The next Nigella? Meghan Markle displays her culinary skills - and sultry pout - in unseen clip from a cookery show”

Meghan Markle is a harsh food critic in children's culinary show | Daily Mail Online

There’s a pic in the story showing Meghan wearing a black cap and gown and says it from her university graduation. I always thought Northwestern’s graduation colour is purple. Are there any other pics from her graduation available?

Last edited:
The NU school colors are purple and white. I graduated from NU some years before Meghan, and our caps and gowns were traditional black.

The NU school colors are purple and white. I graduated from NU some years before Meghan, and our caps and gowns were traditional black.

Thanks for the clarification. I got confused over a Pic from the university website showing people wearing purple gowns.

VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: “The next Nigella? Meghan Markle displays her culinary skills - and sultry pout - in unseen clip from a cookery show”

Meghan Markle is a harsh food critic in children's culinary show | Daily Mail Online

There’s a pic in the story showing Meghan wearing a black cap and gown and says it from her university graduation. I always thought Northwestern’s graduation colour is purple. Are there any other pics from her graduation available?

Here's one from the year after with the graduate wearing black

https://www.lipstickalley.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi65.tinypic.com%2F144b98o.png&hash=7137fd857c35817aadeb6ccb7c9680ed

Thanks for the clarification. I got confused over a Pic from the university website showing people wearing purple gowns.

This looks like a graduate school graduation gown. The thing across the neck is typical of graduate school. Usually there is only a plain gown for undergrad. Some might have tassles for different society, but that's different.

Last edited:
This looks like a graduate school graduation gown. The thing across the neck is typical of graduate school. Usually there is only a plain gown for undergrad. Some might have tassles for different society, but that's different.

The regalia companies started offering school-specific gowns a few years ago - a nice way to make a bit of extra cash. Many students still elect to wear black and black is usually the only option for the low-cost option. For example, I'm graduating in 4 days. If I chose the generic gown it would have cost me $54 USD but if I ordered the custom regalia for my university the cost was $733 USD.

The regalia companies started offering school-specific gowns a few years ago - a nice way to make a bit of extra cash. Many students still elect to wear black and black is usually the only option for the low-cost option. For example, I'm graduating in 4 days. If I chose the generic gown it would have cost me $54 USD but if I ordered the custom regalia for my university the cost was $733 USD.

I didn't know that schools allow for different colors in the gowns now? When I graduated from undergrad, we all had to wear green. And I'm still in graduate school, but my cohorts that are graduating are all wearing the same school specific as well. But the one Rudolph posted has the Master Graduation Hood. It's not for undergrad, which Meghan was.

I can almost certainly confirm Meghan went and graduated from Northwestern. A close relative is an alum and as such gets an alumni newsletter. Needless to say a picture of Meghan and Harry, announcing her as a Northwestern graduate, was in the newsletter. So unless this is an elaborate ruse which even the University decided to be a part of, she definitely went and graduated from Northwestern.

I think any further doubt of if Meghan graduated from Northwestern is fruitless. It's a prestigious school where people are proud to have attended or now work for. Someone would've said something by now if she didn't graduate.

You can literally pull up archival commencement programs from the year she graduated. How people still going with this conspiracy theory is beyond me.

Where on this thread has anyone said she didn’t graduate from university?

This thread is about Meghan’s family and background. Comments about the Daily Mail and other media outlets are off-topic and have been deleted. If you wish to discuss the media, take it to the Royal Family and media thread.

Also, there’s been a lot of back and forth bickering and personal swipes between members. Please stop. Not only is it against the forum rules, but it’s unpleasant to read and disruptive to the thread. This is a forum with many different opinions. Some of those opinions you’ll agree with and some you will not. No matter your feelings, we expect you to be respectful to one another.

Any further off-topic posts will be deleted.

On the topic of Meghan's background and to me worse than even Samantha and Thomas Markle, neither of whom was clearly ever close to Meghan, is Ninaki Priddy.

I cannot understand how after 30 years of friendship, falling out or not, Ninaki can sell out her former friend like this. Even if I were no longer friends with someone out of respect for our former relationship, I would never bad mouth them to others and certainly NOT so publicly and I thought most courteous humans understood that. And to add insult to injury, both Ninaki and her mother are selling all these photos and videos to the DM. It's so mercenary and underhanded and just utterly malicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom