Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, one has to see the actual ramifications (if any). One can't have a weeping bride. Meghan can't be put in an horrifically uncomfortable position. Of course, we are not privy to how Ms Markle has been affected by any of the published stories.
She might be fine and used to family outbursts. ??
In any case, the palace protocol advisers and protection officers and older members of Meghan and Harry's families will be the best people with whom to discuss these invitation problems. We will see on the day ... hopefully a happy couple surrounded by happy guests.

Yes, one has to see the actual ramifications (if any). One can't have a weeping bride. Meghan can't be put in an horrifically uncomfortable position. Of course, we are not privy to how Ms Markle has been affected by any of the published stories.
She might be fine and used to family outbursts. ??
In any case, the palace protocol advisers and protection officers and older members of Meghan and Harry's families will be the best people with whom to discuss these invitation problems. We will see on the day ... hopefully a happy couple surrounded by happy guests.

I don’t know ANYONE who would be fine with having extended family that they haven’t seen or talk to in years show this level of obsession and indiscretion about their private life in public. Even if they are used to outbursts. She might not let it get to her, but that’s far from being fine with this type of intrusion by people that hasn’t been in her life or know anything about it for years. I don’t see Meghan and the type that needs her parents to tell her what to do on something as simple as whether or not she wants to invite people she hasn’t spoken to in almost two decades to her own wedding. And quite frankly, that’s all that matters here in regards to which members of the Markle family to invite to the wedding: what Meghan wants.

Just what do these extended family member think will happen by telling Tom Sr to demand answers from Buckingham Palace? Do they actually expect Tom Sr to have contact information for BP? Do they expect the Queen to ride her Rolls Royce into KP and knock on NottCott’s door and tell Meghan to invite her extended family that she hasn’t seen in almost two decades to her wedding even though she didn’t see it as necessary or want to?

It is not unusual for older relatives to not know the contact details of younger ones, with the advent of facebook often young people no longer spread their phone and address.
It is also not unusual for family to live their own lives and not see each other for a while but still feel close as kin and be there for one another if ever they call. Families give each other space. I find it rude if Meghan has not invited her non criminal relatives. Even if they are a genuine threat the police checks will quietly intervene. To not invite quite close relatives is to have no faith nor hope in a future relationship. Your family is your family, embarrassing or not. To be ashamed or not welcoming is not to live a life of forgiveness and good manners. No other person has the power to make you mean spirited except yourself. Meghan's sister is mean. Does Meghan have to be mean back? Our royal family should be an example of kindness.
Just out of curiosity, how is not inviting people you haven’t seen in almost two decades to your wedding mean spirited? I would feel extremely weird getting an invitation from someone that I haven’t seen or talked to for that long. I’m not even including the accusations that they were racist to her mother here.

As for not knowing her contact info, I highly doubt that. It’s clear that Meghan’s dad has Meghan’s contact information as she and Harry have spoken to him. And they obviously have his contact information. So if Tom Sr. Felt that it’s necessary for them to talk, he would’ve facilitated that by now. Btw, this is the uncle that Samantha said leaked Tom’s location to the tabloids with help from Tom Jr. Don’t know how accurate that is, but this whole thing just smell like 3 day old fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m actually sure that the moment these people started blabbing to the press and selling any bit of info they had on Meghan they were blacklisted by royal staff. There is no way the Queen or Charles would allow someone so chummy with tabloids into their home or to attend their private parties. Discretion is the name of the game when it comes to all royals.

And where or when does it all end once Meghan and the royals start to give in to these people? These people have shown they have no shame and will use any means of manipulation at their disposal like stamping their trotters all the way to the papers. It’ll be demands for invites to trooping before we know it. We are seeing a little of what they are capable of and it honestly wouldn’t surprise me to see them all on major TV networks. I hope Meghan holds steadfast in whatever she decides or has decided. She knows those folk better than we do. Their sense of entitlement to Meghan’s life is just staggering. And I’m sorry but I am not going to beat around the bush, In my opinion Markle Sr is not so innocent in all this as some would like to believe.

Last edited:
@King of the Jungle - when those outbursts include racial slurs hurled at you and your mother, that's a hurt that doesn't go away, especially when done by family. And an invitation to an high profile wedding doesn't fix that hurt. And where was that family when Meghan and Harry when the anthrax scare happened? If they didn't reach out to her during that episode that may have been it for the family right there.

I'm glad Doria will be spending time with Meghan and Harry before the wedding. Staying at Not Cott, meeting the Queen and Prince Charles. The Markles are going to rage about that. Frankly, I think the nephew's weed business will disqualify the Markles from getting any official recognition they are linked to the BRF by marriage. I still can't believe Dooley the nephew was dumb enough to go to the Daily Mail and announce to the world he has a three million illegal (in the UK and parts of the US) drug enterprise.

Sarah Rafferty (Suits co star) flat out said she still talks to Meghan. So if Meghan wanted people to have her contact info then you would have it. The end. These "family" members haven't been active in her life in YEARS. They only care now because if it benefits them to claim her. That is it.

These people demanding an invitation is ridiculous. None of them needed to be invited! If Meghan had invited them, all would have expected plane tickets, their hotels, and clothes paid for etc. And I am sure they wouldn't know how to behave in public. They are an embarrassment.

Last edited:
These people demanding an invitation is ridiculous. None of them needed to be invited! If Meghan, had invited them, all what have expected plane tickets, their hotels, and clothes paid for etc. And I am sure they won't know how to behave in public. They are an embarrassment.

Not hotels, about accommodations at Kensington or Windsor Castle. It's at the point that I doubt even Tom Sr will be at the wedding because of the Markle attention seeking. He can't or won't talk to his family about their behavior.

Not hotels, about accommodations at Kensington or Windsor Castle. It's at the point that I doubt even Tom Sr will be at the wedding because of the Markle attention seeking. He can't or won't talk to his family about their behavior.

It would be ridiculous for anyone with even half a brain to feel that Tom, Sr. should curb, curtail and/or monitor the behavior of grown adults that just happen to be his children. By the time someone reached adulthood, any and all consequences for their actions are on them and them alone.

What does Tom Sr being at the wedding have anything to do with the extended family? From what we’ve seen and heard, Tom is a simple man with a private life and minds his own business. He is, by all accounts, in his daughter’s life, and that’s why he would be at the wedding. What does Meghan not inviting relatives she hasn’t seen in almost two decades have to do with his attendance?

I'm glad Doria will be spending time with Meghan and Harry before the wedding. Staying at Not Cott, meeting the Queen and Prince Charles. The Markles are going to rage about that. Frankly, I think the nephew's weed business will disqualify the Markles from getting any official recognition they are linked to the BRF by marriage. I still can't believe Dooley the nephew was dumb enough to go to the Daily Mail and announce to the world he has a three million illegal (in the UK and parts of the US) drug enterprise.

TBF, that’s a legitimate business where he is and that’s actually earning a legitimate living. Legal in UK or not. Pot growers pay taxes just like everyone else (actually, they are at more disadvantageous situation there, but we won’t go into that). We’ve seen people linked to someone in the royal family snorting illegal substance and he’s still invited to family events that some royals attend. And of course, Harry himself has used recreational pot when he was younger. So I really don’t think the royal family has any room to judge. His issues are that Meghan hasn’t seen or talked to him in years and he’s sold her out the first chance he got. Unless he does it on federal property or uses federal clearing houses, there is no reason why he can’t say that out loud. It’s not like the Fed can do anything about it as long as he goes through proper channel.

It makes no sense to me to think one adult can control another adult's behavior. Tom Sr's behavior is just fine-he's not responsible for his attention seeking, grasping relatives. He certainly isn't attention seeking.
And it doesn't seem like he has much contact with his extended family anyway-not that we really know if they Skype, email or phone.

Last edited:
Hey Markle family - if you are reading this, please chill out.

You can take pride in being not invited to the wedding. The Royal Family has a tradition of not inviting family.
"While Philip’s mother attended the wedding, the groom’s three sisters—who had married German men who were thought to have Nazi ties—were not invited. Elizabeth’s uncle, the former King Edward VIII, who had abdicated the throne, was also noticeably missing."
-https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/04/queen-elizabeth-prince-philip-wedding.

Perhaps spend some time on the wedding day reading about the many ways the Royal Family has ignored and will continue to ignore anyone they see fit. Your local/online library should give you access to lots of good reading material on the subject. :flowers:

I also don't think it's Tom Sr's responsibility to control his adult relatives, children, brothers etc. I HIGHLY doubt Samantha would get quiet, too much money to be made by every interview she gives. She's already trying to paint herself as the wronged one, like the other Markles, in her opinion she has done nothing wrong. In her very entitled opinion she has the right to everything Meghan is getting due to her being the elder sister and all that. I doubt their father talking to Samantha would change any of that entitled attitude.

Samantha Markle has set up a business of selling out Meghan. She gets paid for each and every interview she gives. No doubt she has made some big money out of Meghan and Harry's relationship, and plans to continue to do so. She's not seeking for forgiveness or a future relationship with Meghan. She's seeking out every opportunity to make money, while selling Meghan out. That's no family.

Added to this her and her brother competing in tabloids who was more racist toward Meghan and Meghan's mother, yeah. That's no family.

Its funny how they make money off of Meghan while complaining about MM not giving them money to fund their businesses.

Thomas Sr. is Meghan's father. What do you mean?? Of course he will be there. And the actions of his other grown children are not his fault nor Meghan's.

What does Tom Sr being at the wedding have anything to do with the extended family? From what we’ve seen and heard, Tom is a simple man with a private life and minds his own business. He is, by all accounts, in his daughter’s life, and that’s why he would be at the wedding. What does Meghan not inviting relatives she hasn’t seen in almost two decades have to do with his attendance?

Thank you!! I agree 100%.

Thomas Sr. is Meghan's father. What do you mean?? Of course he will be there. And the actions of his other grown children are not his fault nor Meghan's.
Well he was still her father when she got married the first time around, and he wasn’t there. Still, I best leave it at that and I’m sure we will see him proudly walking her down the aisle at St George’s.

Individual 'miscreant' behaviour by an individual member of the BRF is [widely] viewed as different from 'acknowledging' a business that remains against the law in this country. I think [and hope] HMQ will take a 'dim view' of Mr Dooley attending.

Well he was still her father when she got married the first time around, and he wasn’t there. Still, I best leave it at that and I’m sure we will see him proudly walking her down the aisle at St George’s.

Do we know that for certain?

We haven't seen pictures of him at her first wedding, but the pictures we have seen were sold by Priddy, who was trying to push a particular angle.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

We haven't seen pictures of him at her first wedding, but the pictures we have seen were sold by Priddy, who was trying to push a particular angle.

How gross is that, not only did Priddy sell her friendship with Meghan to the tabloids, but she actually sold pictures from Meghan's wedding. That is so sick and twisted imho, it just crossed so many lines of human decency.

Meghan’s uncle

I hope that Meghan’s father attends. And I also hope that his brother the diplomat is invited. It would be more enjoyable for Mr. Markle to have someone familiar to hang out with...

I hope that Meghan’s father attends. And I also hope that his brother the diplomat is invited. It would be more enjoyable for Mr. Markle to have someone familiar to hang out with...

The diplomat brother was the one who alerted the press where Thomas lived in the first place.

The diplomat brother was the one who alerted the press where Thomas lived in the first place.

I would give my own sister a break under the circumstances; perhaps Mr. Markle feels the same about his 79 year old brother.

“No fur, avoid The Dorchester and its 'sexist' owner and ditch the German beer tankards: Close friend reveals Meghan Markle's VERY strict mantras”

Close friend reveals Meghan Markle's VERY strict mantras | Daily Mail Online

An article full of left handed compliments.

It came as something of a surprise to her hosts, then, when Meghan wrote to say it simply would not do. It was in conflict with her personal beliefs. The owner, the Sultan of Brunei Hassanal Bolkiah – whose Dorchester Collection includes the Beverly Hills Hotel in LA and the Le Meurice in Paris – had recently suggested sharia punishments should be meted out to adulterers and those found to be homosexual. Women who had abortions would be flogged in public.

Gina said: 'Meghan emailed to say she would never stay at the Dorchester, or any hotels they are involved with. We understood and of course agreed.'

Her stance may well have softened since meeting Prince Harry. After all, she broke her boycott last May to watch her Prince play polo at the Sultan's vast Cosworth Park estate in Ascot.

Meghan’s representive booked a room at the Dorchester but she cancelled because it’s owned by the Sultan of Brunei.

She appears to have had a change of heart regarding the Sultan

Brunei is a member of the Commonwealth and the Sultan will probably be at the CHOGM

"King of the Jungle King of the Jungle
Nobility

It is not unusual for older relatives to not know the contact details of younger ones, with the advent of facebook often young people no longer spread their phone and address.
It is also not unusual for family to live their own lives and not see each other for a while but still feel close as kin and be there for one another if ever they call. Families give each other space. I find it rude if Meghan has not invited her non criminal relatives. Even if they are a genuine threat the police checks will quietly intervene. To not invite quite close relatives is to have no faith nor hope in a future relationship. Your family is your family, embarrassing or not. To be ashamed or not welcoming is not to live a life of forgiveness and good manners. No other person has the power to make you mean spirited except yourself. Meghan's sister is mean. Does Meghan have to be mean back? Our royal family should be an example of kindness. ""

*Above is a qoute from another user, tried to "qoute" it but kept getting an error message*

I have to say I completely disagree with the above. Family members are the people who hurt others emotionaly (and physically) the most amd get away with it "because they are family". Many people have emotional issues and they continue to allow such abusive people into their lives because someone guilts them into forgiving family.
People need to cut off family members for their own emotional wellbeing. Always put yourself first and do whats best for you.

Also disagree on the royal family "being the example of kindness" by allowing such abusive and manipilative people to come to the wedding. A good example is to show thats its okay to do whats best for your emotional health. People also need understand that its acceptable to forgive people and still not allow them into your life

Last edited:
Meghan’s representive booked a room at the Dorchester but she cancelled because it’s owned by the Sultan of Brunei.

Brunei is a member of the Commonwealth and the Sultan will probably be at the CHOGM

I am sure she just doing what needs to be done. No different than smiling in the presence of Trump if the time comes. And we all know her opinion of him. Well documented.

There's nothing to prove that this all happened as stated in the article. There's no proof, that Meghan had these ideals, and now has had a change of heart, because she's unable to speak out on her beliefs and thoughts.

You are reaching now. What possible angle could Priddy possibly push? And why? Meghan is known to speak well of both parents and in any case there was a batch of those photos online even before Priddy came on the scene with more. Fact is there are a load of different pictures of Meghan as an adult with her mother doing stuff together. But none of her as adult with her dad.

Another Point - if photos of her dad with her at the wedding existed or any pictures of her as an adult with her dad - they’d have resurfaced by now. The Markle clan aren’t renowned for being sellouts for nothing. They sell everything about Meghan. It’s what they live for since H&M.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom