Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the article, I really agree with Gina she should had drop her a line instead of sending her lawyers answering her.
For me if this is true , seems that Megan did not need Gina anymore so their friendship was base in interest for Megan, as now she doesn't need Gina anymore she couldn't care less for her friendship either

Gina was Meghan's agent. She worked for Meghan for 2 years. After two years Meghan terminated the contract because she didn't need Gina's agent services any more. Meghan wrote a lovely email to Gina when she terminated the contract.

Now as for Gina, way to sell out your ex client. I am curious how much more she was paid than Priddy. Allegedly Priddy got 6 figures for selling intimate details about Meghan's life to DailyFail. No doubt Gina was paid more, as she revealed private details about Meghan's life to DF, and she revealed info about how Harry and Meghan met.

Gina is the one here, who's done wrong, not Meghan. Gina sold extremely private info about Meghan, her previous client, to the tabloids. She praises herself for not telling about the romance to her husband, while blabbing to DailyFail.

Interestingly, no matter who they pay and bribe, these tabloids have found NOTHING scandalous of Meghan. The worst Meghan has done is take a blender in the divorce, mail back the rings to her ex, and get annoyed, when asked to move from her first class seat to an economy seat in an airplane, which she did without a hassle, just complained afterwards. That is the worst these tabloids have found on Meghan, even after paying hundreds of thousands for any scandalous scoop.

Meghan hired Gina to be her agent, as the one paying money to Gina she has every right to terminate her services. A contract is not a friendship. She owes Gina nothing more. Clearly she did not get an invitation.

:previous: Yes, that's what I am thinking.

If she had an invitation she wouldn't be talking.

And honestly, I am surprised that as agent she decided to speak up. Even though they are public figures, most actors depend on discretion in certain facets of their life. An agent should be in the background working on deals for their client. Not speaking in the press about a former client. Who would want to hire her in the future?

And clearly once her relationship with Harry became more serious she would have to be more discreet about her communications and what she said to people and who she could trust.

Yes, it is pretty clear this woman was expecting an invite and didn't get one. So now she talking. She also had a clear agenda with it. She was painting a picture that Meghan was great until she met Harry. "This version [that no longer wants to work with me] is not her." was the implication. The hoot is that she speaks out how she keep things a secret and she would "never betray" her and yet here she is blabbing to the Daily Mail.

There are still 39 days before the wedding. I bet daily mail will have soon Meghan's ex yoga instructor talking to them how Meghan's mannerism completely changed after meeting Harry, and how she rudely stopped her membership out of the blue, with no prior personal notice. Just simply upped and left, stopped going there.
Added the dog sitter, hairdressers, nail saloon, and mail man will all chime in, how they noticed a certain change in Meghan after the relationship became serious. Can't wait to read about these new exclusives...

Reading the article, I really agree with Gina she should had drop her a line instead of sending her lawyers answering her.
For me if this is true , seems that Megan did not need Gina anymore so their friendship was base in interest for Megan, as now she doesn't need Gina anymore she couldn't care less for her friendship either

Meghan was this woman's client not friend. She may have felt a friendship but at the end of the day , they had a contractual friendship that end. Given the nature of her relationship with Harry and the media intrusion once it was outed, it made sense Meghan closed ranks as to who she can trust. This woman clearly expected an invite and because it never came, she talking! I hope she gets no more clients or clients she does have leave her as this is very unprofessional.

Are you suggesting that Harry ‘knew’ the name of an obscure American actress he ends up proposing to?

Like everything else about the Meghan and Harry love story, there’s lots of holes and inconsistencies.

Even when Meghan dumped Cory for Harry is in dispute depending on which source you believe.

Do you have any evidence she actually dumped Cory for Harry?

What this all tells me is that if this agent felt that she had a "friendship" going with Meghan rather than just doing business on a contractual level, it points to Meghan's ability to interact and get along with everyone she comes into contact with. Its a characteristic well associated with Harry also as he seems to make the person he's engaged with and talking with feel like his new best friend.

The relationship with Harry, as it grew, demanded more of a "closed rank" of a circle of friends and we saw that gradually happen as Meghan shut down her social media, relinquished several contracts (Reitman's for example) and was not found by the media to be easy to access.

I'm still confused why this woman acts upset. She comes across so unprofessional. She worked for Meghan for two years. When Meghan ended their contract after 2 years, she was upset, because she knew their 'friendship' would end, too. That's no friendship, and this lady knows it too. Then she proceeds to sell her previous client's private information to a tabloid. And this lady and others act like Meghan is the social climber and user here. Meghan is the cut throat one here, who uses people, and tosses them away when she doesn't need them. Yet these people (this agent and Priddy) are selling Meghan's private information to tabloids for six figures. Meghan is the one who left a marriage with just a blender. I'm so confused by this narrative they try to paint Meghan with, it just doesn't make sense.

I’m suggesting Harry knew the name of the woman he went to meet that night because he asked his friend who set this up. And how do we know he asked? Because he flat out said so. This isn’t some anonymous source here. I’m not sure what is so difficult to comprehend of what I said in this regard.

As for Cory, that was only a speculation because it wasn’t clear when Harry and Meghan met. Some earlier reports from Camilla Tominey suggested they possibility met in Toronto in May. But Camilla wasn’t sure about that when she did the interview and I don’t think she printed that in her initial article breaking this story at the end of October. Now we know they met in early July in London, which was later Than some speculation. Of all the reports that we’ve had, Cory and her broke up in April of that year. That caused some to speculate with the uncertain rumors of when they met. Although Emily Andrews have always maintained that they met in London in the summer and she does also have good sources.
:previous: Exactly.

I find both Emily and Scobie to be very reliable sources whose stories on H&M always checks out.

Ok, give me an example where any of what they’ve said is inconsistent?

There are some of us that paid attention from the very beginning and actually evaluate the reliability of sources. Like Meghan can’t fake tell Piers Morgan she was single in June because she wouldn’t know a year and half later she’d be engaged to Prince Harry. But hey, if some wants to believe she has psychic abilities, knock yourself out.

That’s been my line of thinking as well.

Sounds like someone is throwing a fit about not getting invited to the wedding!

Frankly, even if Meghan is some calculated, ruthless and ambitious woman, so what? That is what it takes to make it in this world and she got what she wanted. But at the end of the day, Harry isn't a fool and is a big boy more than capable of taking care of himself. This sexist narrative of vixen/siren woman plays/lures man into her trap is tried and dumb. How about we stop treating these royal men as children and royal women as Lady Macbeths as see them as the adults they are?

The DM has it out for Meghan, that is for sure. The ONLY thing I find concerning about what the agent said is that Meghan didn't want to entertain anything negative in terms of the attention and hardships of royal life and I kinda felt that tension between her and Harry in the engagement interview too. I hope she is going to have healthy structures to rely on because as we have seen in Spain, once the media has decided their view on you, its a battle to reclaim any narrative and the effect can be exhausting...

From that Daily Mail article about her former agent blabbing:

"'She said they'd said to each other: 'We're going to change the world.' I knew then there was no other way than for them to get married. I was certain it was going to happen."

HAHAHAHAHA. That is the cheesiest fake script ever. I refuse to believe anybody actually ever says that, especially royals and their girlfriends. ?

In the interview she said she stopped reading press about her and the relationship and focus on the relationship which is not a bad thing. However, you are right as to how the negative media narrative is feeding the growing animus towards her.

Harry and Meghan seem earnest enough in their engagement interview about the changes they want to see in the world. This woman clearly is driving that narrative with that hooky line.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that always stuck in my mind is that Harry, after a very long time of wanting to find someone that would want to share the lifestyle he is slated to live for the rest of his life, hit the jackpot in Meghan. Not only was there the physical attraction and compatibility factor, but he also found a woman that not only will take on his lifestyle but seems to revel in the prospect of what they'll be having to do.

Anyone with two eyes can see this and put those kind of words into Meghan's mouth. I seriously doubt its something that she would be shouting off the rooftops of Toronto or wherever she was and most certainly wasn't about to share intimate details of what transpired between the two of them in private.

And yeps... I do think they'll change the world or at least work very hard at it. :D

In the interview she said she stopped reading press about her and the relationship and focus on the relationship which is not a bad thing. However, you are right as to how the negative media narrative is feeding the growing animus towards her.

Some media decided early on that Meghan was not the right one for Prince Harry. I don't know if it is because she is American, divorced, biracial, another reason, or if it is simply because they would rather have him remain single so they could keep writing their stories along that line. A married and settled Harry has to be less exciting writing for them.

So, the animus towards her is growing?

I always try to remember that there are always three sides to a story, each person involved and the truth! It is a shame for Meghan that the only people talking are those that are no longer in her life; but, those that are still close with her aren't talking to the media. Public opinion is an important element of a royal's life. It is my hope that after the wedding and she starts her royal duties then she will be judged on what she does and how she represents them. I am sure some in the media will continue painting their own narrative. I think the daily mail is the primary outlet doing this. They seem to be relentless!

I trust Harry to make the decisions that he feels are right for him. Since he has chosen Meghan as 'the one' for him, then I am all for it! How many days until the wedding now?:whistling:

41 days Mani and I can't wait! I too hope Meghan is judged on what she does as a royal. She has been judged for being an actress, a divorced woman, an American and of course biracial. On top of that, the comparisons between her and Kate is gross as media pits them against each other and not appreciate that they are different women.

One thing that always stuck in my mind is that Harry, after a very long time of wanting to find someone that would want to share the lifestyle he is slated to live for the rest of his life, hit the jackpot in Meghan. Not only was there the physical attraction and compatibility factor, but he also found a woman that not only will take on his lifestyle but seems to revel in the prospect of what they'll be having to do.

Anyone with two eyes can see this and put those kind of words into Meghan's mouth. I seriously doubt its something that she would be shouting off the rooftops of Toronto or wherever she was and most certainly wasn't about to share intimate details of what transpired between the two of them in private.

And yeps... I do think they'll change the world or at least work very hard at it. :D

I think they will try very hard indeed but I doubt it is something Meghan or anybody in her position would share words like that with anyone out of their circle of real trust. If somebody yet to make a name will say that, it sounds optimistic or naive; if one already has a name for him or herself like Meghan and Harry, it will just sound arrogant.

If you want to be friends with a royal you need to learn to keep your mouth shut. Too many people in and connected to Hollywood don't know the meaning of discretion and they need to put their business out there in any type of media to look and feel important. Royals should not have to have NDAs drawn up to have friends.

Meghan tells P.M. she's single/free agent in May 2016.
Meghan goes on a blind date with Harry in June 2016

No idea why folks are spending any time carrying on about Meghan cheating on anyone.

LaRae

The person who probably created most confusion is Meghan herself as she (repeatedly) stated that they had half a year / 6 months (don't remember her exact words) for themselves to really get to know each other before it all exploded in the media. 6 months before late October is late April, not late June/early July. So, it seems as if she made an honest mistake and it truly were only about 4 months but in this way Meghan contributed to the confusion about timelines.

Last edited:
Ok but now that it's been clarified why is it still coming up here? Everyone reading these threads have seen this pointed out before.

LaRae

What has any of this to do with Meghan's family? :huh:

The subject of the thread is Family AND Background..not just family.

LaRae

Ah, got it. Sorry about that. :flowers:

I am more interested in hearing about when the so-to-be father and son in-law will finally meet.

This close to the wedding happening and they have not met face to face? Just strange.

I normally might think it is strange...but considering Tom is in Mexico and they are in the U.K. ..plus the advent of Skype where you can talk face to face...kinda makes sense when you have long distance relationships.

LaRae

Maybe they have spoken but kept it private.

:previous: Of course they've spoken. Meghan said Harry has talked to her father in the engagement interview. Harry also asked Meghan's father for his blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom