The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
^ Seems a bit harsh... She's only using her initiative..

I thought that was 'the American way' ?
I wouldn't say that's harsh to say about someone who is selling out their family and lying about it.

And no, it's not "the American way" to sell out your family. The American Way is to work hard and make a good life for yourself. I hardly call that hard work, wouldn't you agree?

Old 02-05-2018, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

No. She whining in this interview about Meghan not giving her money to "help dad" yet I doubt her father is seen a cent of the money she getting from all these interviews she is giving. She is a fake individual. She has trashed Meghan more than praised and only started being fake nice because she wanted to attend the wedding. Now that she knows that is never happening she back to her original agenda. At least the media finally took off the blinders.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I don't think that's the 'American way' at all, to cash in on an estranged relative, who's unable to speak out herself and defend herself, for cash. Her stories all contradict themselves, she has lied multiple times, and is simply trashing Meghan to any tabloid that listens, for money.
Old 02-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Courtier

The American way is being self sufficient which is the opposite of using your sister in order to get money. Self sufficiency is the total opposite of what the half sister is doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
No. She whining in this interview about Meghan not giving her money to "help dad" yet I doubt her father is seen a cent of the money she getting from all these interviews she is giving. She is a fake individual. She has trashed Meghan more than praised and only started being fake nice because she wanted to attend the wedding. Now that she knows that is never happening she back to her original agenda. At least the media finally took off the blinders.
So it would seems she wants to use the dad to get money from Meghan. Why don't any of her children want to be associated with her?
Old 02-05-2018, 05:56 PM
Commoner

Quote:

To even think what Samantha is doing is the American Way tells me you have a low opinion of Americans.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:09 PM
Royal Highness

I don't think the wedding correspondent gig is real. All news and gossip media want to make money from the product they put out, and that includes the "talent". Popularity factors in as well, and the public turned on Samantha when she demanded that Meghan financially support the family (let's just say it - her). Even the most cynical of news organizations don't want to lose advertising dollars for putting on a woman who may not bring in the ratings or turn out sales in publications.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Thomas Jr is whining again.

Meghan Markle's Half-Brother Tom Markle Said She Ignored Him - In Touch Weekly

He apparently expected Meghan to help him with the media (that is of his own doing) and the palace wants nothing to do with him. Actually the wording is very telling from the official documents. Meghan is not even claiming them as close family. I am sure that will just rile them up more being rejected but they deserve it. I especially like when he seemed to threaten to embarrass her to force her to help him.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Royal Highness

So basically he's threatening Meghan with doing more interviews unless she gives him financial assistance! Go right ahead Tom....if she's not assisting you now....you and Samantha are completely removed from her life now.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Thomas Jr is whining again.

Meghan Markle's Half-Brother Tom Markle Said She Ignored Him - In Touch Weekly

He apparently expected Meghan to help him with the media (that is of his own doing) and the palace wants nothing to do with him. Actually the wording is very telling from the official documents. Meghan is not even claiming them as close family. I am sure that will just rile them up more being rejected but they deserve it. I especially like when he seemed to threaten to embarrass her to force her to help him.
This is such a Cinderella story. If Samantha and Tom Jr were awful to Meghan during part of her childhood - just looking at them right now - they look like the evil stepsisters after the fact trying to get in with someone they treated horribly (along with her mother, if it's true that Samantha referred to her as the 'maid') when she was young.

It doesn't look like Meghan has had contact with any of them since she attended Samantha's graduation - although if sam graduated on time then Meghan would have been what - 3? 4?
Old 02-07-2018, 11:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Meghan and the KP staff have things right. There's crapola printed out all over the place trashing Meghan (as we've seen recently with the article from New Zealand). They're not getting involved in fighting tabloids and people that write this crap. If anything, the only people they really could influence would be the British press anyhow.

To expect Meghan and KP to step in and up to the plate in a totally different country for people who have been courting the media for all they're worth, is just, to me, a last ditch effort to be on the "winning side" of Meghan's family. Its just going from bad to worse for these people and actually they've done us a big favor. With selling the story to In Touch and publishing the documents from Tom Jr.'s communications, we now know for a fact that Meghan does not consider these people "close family" or feels she has a real relationship with them. We know who will not be on the invitation list.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

He should've understood that he opened that Pandora's Box with his very first interview. That's how the media operates, they build someone up and then tears them down. If you want to put yourself out there for a buck, they are bound to dig for some dirt. EVERYONE has some dirt in their past in one form or another.

And really? He's whining about this? What about Meghan? Who, since November 2016, has been completely exploited by her much older half-siblings for money? She pays the price of being humiliated publicly by their actions when she has done nothing but conduct herself in a respectable manner. She can't even respond to the things they've said about her. What that means is that Samantha and Tom Jr has been able to say whatever they wish about her and she can't defend herself against it. Talk about taking candy away from a child. They've got the better end of the deal in terms of unfair coverage if you ask me.

And yes, if you haven't spoken to someone in years and they don't have your contact information, I'd say you are simply a distant relative and she doesn't really know you. And given that he basically threatened Meghan with embarrassment in his own words to his attorney, I'd say Meghan has been more than fair to them.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm sure that no one is blocking Meghan from coming back at her half siblings. She's just wise enough to know that these people are who they are and the worse thing she could do in this kind of a situation is pay them any kind of attention. She's said it herself that what people say about her that don't really know her is "noise" and she prefers to block that out.

People like Samantha and Tom Jr. can whine and moan and speak their pieces to the press however much they want to and get paid for it. The fact that one of them is now complaining about not being left alone by airing it in yet another public interview (paid too most likely) is that their main aim is not to be left alone to get on with their lives but to get Meghan, herself, to pay them some attention they feel they deserve.

Because of the way things went, because Meghan has made something of herself, is successful and is now marrying into one of the most famous families on this earth, these siblings feel an entitlement by a very thin thread. The wedding will come and go and Harry and Meghan will sail on into their new lives and press interest in Sam and Tom Jr. will die. 15 minutes of fame is fleeting.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm sure that no one is blocking Meghan from coming back at her half siblings. She's just wise enough to know that these people are who they are and the worse thing she could do in this kind of a situation is pay them any kind of attention. She's said it herself that what people say about her that don't really know her is "noise" and she prefers to block that out.
No one is blocking her from coming back, but it is expected for her position. And I completely understand why she doesn't do it because all the back and forth would only generate more attention. And of course, there is no need to stoop to their level. And clearly, Tom Jr. understands that Meghan is in a difficult position with public embarrassment and all that, hence his comment basically threatening to embarrass her publicly.

And really, what does he expect Meghan to do? His own lawyer told him it's a difficult case. Meghan and Harry, and the entire BRF for that matter, doesn't control the press. The press often runs inflammatory stories about Meghan, and all she can do is basically take it unless it's defamatory.

It's interesting that they are both claiming to be so close to her growing up, yet neither of them bothered to go to her first wedding. So it does seem extremely opportunistic of them to come out and claim how much they love her now.

Bottom line is he threatened her with public embarrassment. I don't know if Meghan knew before she told the Palace that they are just distant relatives, but she obviously made the right decision.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

They both whine about the media twisting their words and invading their privacy when they invite it in constantly. Neither one has seen Meghan in years. I am glad she ignoring them and the palace is backing her and was backing her as far back as October when they weren't even engaged yet.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:37 PM
Courtier

So he was trying to get money from Meghan so he can start a new life............................. I seriously doubt any real KP lawyers would quote Meghan statements to some podunk lawyer that Tom has.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Here's the deal.

There will always be interest in Samantha and Tom Jr. because of their relationship to Meghan. It will continue to be a frenzy right up to the wedding because who doesn't love a scandal (particularly the tabloids). It does have the potential to die down after the wedding but it really depends on Tom and Samantha. But let's face it...they have shown no desire to step away from the limelight.

How hard is to say no comment? How hard it is to stop selling stories about your half sister? Whether they had a good relationship or not, its really not that hard. It would not surprise me at all if they hadn't made a pretty penny for selling out their sister. They appear to be completely disgenuous regarding about their plight with the media. Personally, if this email is true...I don't blame the Palace. Once you let the horses out of the stable, its hard to put them back in.

If you want people to stop harassing you....stop talking. Eventually they will either make their own assumptions or just stop bothering you altogether.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
So he was trying to get money from Meghan so he can start a new life............................. I seriously doubt any real KP lawyers would quote Meghan statements to some podunk lawyer that Tom has.
They are grown ups trying to claim a relationship with MM when she was a BABY. They both are 15+ years older and living their own lives. Are we to believe they where close when he lived in Washington and she lived in Florida?
Old 02-07-2018, 12:59 PM
Serene Highness

Hopefully this too shall pass
Old 02-07-2018, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Here's the deal.

There will always be interest in Samantha and Tom Jr. because of their relationship to Meghan. It will continue to be a frenzy right up to the wedding because who doesn't love a scandal (particularly the tabloids). It does have the potential to die down after the wedding but it really depends on Tom and Samantha. But let's face it...they have shown no desire to step away from the limelight.

How hard is to say no comment? How hard it is to stop selling stories about your half sister? Whether they had a good relationship or not, its really not that hard. It would not surprise me at all if they hadn't made a pretty penny for selling out their sister. They appear to be completely disgenuous regarding about their plight with the media. Personally, if this email is true...I don't blame the Palace. Once you let the horses out of the stable, its hard to put them back in.

If you want people to stop harassing you....stop talking. Eventually they will either make their own assumptions or just stop bothering you altogether.
I completely agree. This is a problem of their own making. If any one is vulnerable here, it's the people in Meghan's inner circle. Her mom and even her close friends. We know her mom faced problems when the news of the relationship and the engagement broke, but because she has refused to give into the feeding frenzy, the media has mostly left her alone now. Jessica has also not commented on anything. I believe they started calling her home when this the engagement happened and the press realized Jessica is quite involved with what Meghan wore and took that as a sign that she's someone that has Meghan's ear, and Ben Mulroney made it clear that Jessica has no intention of speaking about this. Those are the prime example of how you keep going on with your life and they just go away.

Jessica, along with Lindsay Jill Roth and Meghan's Suits cast mate, all walk a fine line because they are in the media and have to get in front of reporters at some point due to their own work, yet they manage to be respectful and not give media a complete train wreck to fest on. If you court them, of course they are going to come back for more "exclusives".
Old 02-07-2018, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

He basically is demanding money so he can start an animal sanctuary in the countryside, according to him. Meghan is rightfully saying 'I don't know him', and he has tried to use blackmail (I'll give more interviews if she doesn't pay up). His lawyer doesn't see a court case, and according to the lawyer hasn't lost any money due to the 'press intrusion'.

But he cleared up one thing: He isn't getting an invitation to the wedding, and he doesn't have any contact details to get in touch with Meghan.

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, meghan markle, royal family