Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that every family has that "one member" that likes center stage even though the event might not be about them. To me I consider that strong jealousy or a slight mental disorder or maybe just meanness. I tend to feel sorry for them as they must be very unhappy in their person life. I personally think this Samantha is that type otherwise she would have just said she as happy for her half sister and hoped the couple well. Short and sweet.. No one in this world had to have their personal relationship dragged thru the media. Samantha seems to believe her opinion is important. I am starting to feel sorry for her family having to put up with her. Shame some people like to destroy another.

From the beginning it seems that Samantha chases Meghan. So she should not be invited to the wedding, and still good.

It seems that every family has that "one member" that likes center stage even though the event might not be about them. To me I consider that strong jealousy or a slight mental disorder or maybe just meanness. I tend to feel sorry for them as they must be very unhappy in their person life. I personally think this Samantha is that type otherwise she would have just said she as happy for her half sister and hoped the couple well. Short and sweet.. No one in this world had to have their personal relationship dragged thru the media. Samantha seems to believe her opinion is important. I am starting to feel sorry for her family having to put up with her. Shame some people like to destroy another.

With Samantha, even though she may feel that her opinion is worth something, with moaning and groaning and complaining to the press at every turn about every little thing, the personal relationships that are coming to light are Samantha's own with everybody else. Its not a pretty picture for her.

She may have issues and has skewered thinking but the fact remains that she brings it on herself through her own actions. Meghan, stepping aside and paying Samantha absolutely no mind makes Samantha look even worse. I can't feel sorry for someone like that at all. With being estranged from the majority of her own family, they obviously don't feel sorry for her either.

What tells you is what is in Samantha's heart is the anthrax scare last month. Not one public statement or Tweet from Sam about a very deadly issue affecting a half sister whom she claims she always supported. Other members of the family remained silent, but with Sam's predelitions to sell herself as the loving caring daughter it was jarring. It sealed the media and public perceptions of her as a money grubber out to profit on her estranged sister. Sam didn't mention the anthrax scare in the Expressen interview. Yes Sam didn't rate an invite.

What tells you is what is in Samantha's heart is the anthrax scare last month. Not one public statement or Tweet from Sam about a very deadly issue affecting a half sister whom she claims she always supported. Other members of the family remained silent, but with Sam's predelitions to sell herself as the loving caring daughter it was jarring. It sealed the media and public perceptions of her as a money grubber out to profit on her estranged sister. Sam didn't mention the anthrax scare in the Expressen interview. Yes Sam didn't rate an invite.

A very good point. I didn't even think about that. She seems to be tweeting a lot, but didn't manage one sympathetic tweet toward Meghan.

I'm glad that Tom Sr is going and flying in from Mexico. I'm glad to see DM put in writing that Samantha is off the guest list. The reason DM gives - Meghan is not close to Samantha; but Meghan is close to Sam's daughter Ashleigh so the daughter may get an invite. (That would wreck Samantha.) The Sun is also reporting Tom Sr is going but Tom Jr and Samantha were cut. The Sun reports Sam will be a guest of a TV channel to the wedding. Wow, so thirsty for attention she is willing to embarrass her sister and her daughter on live world wide television. The TV channel is not named probably out of fear of backlash and being barred from Windsor for wedding coverage.

According to this article from the Sun, Samantha will in Windsor as the guest of a TV station. If true, it seems a little creepy.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5893595/meghan-markle-dad-wedding-harry/

Sam and Niknaki are beginning to remind me of the unhinged sister from The Bodyguard.

Last edited:
Here we go again. "A family friend". Nope. Not taking it seriously one little bit.

Samantha very well could get an all expenses paid trip to Windsor for the royal wedding courtesy of a TV station but, if you ask me, that TV station will not get their money's worth. Regardless if she is in Windsor, even as a guest of a TV station, she will *not* be in the chapel itself for the wedding which is what she probably expects and I fear she will be grossly disappointed. Sam did say she'd do whatever it takes to be there if I remember right.

What happens is that cameras and their operator are installed at discreet points in the chapel for filming video only and the outside world and all the rest of the TV stations covering the event are part of a video pool that share what comes out via the chapel cameras. Samantha will be one of hundreds in the media pool outside or situated on a platform elsewhere watching the video feed with the presenters. Reports show that there were 7,000 journalists covering the wedding of William and Kate with 60 cameras along the procession route.

No confirmation on any of this article's details have been confirmed and for all we know, its all blowing smoke up the wrong chimney. Personally, I would think that Samantha, if she had any kind of clarity of mind, would realize that being on the outside looking in for this wedding would hit home and it just proves the point to the world that she was not invited or included in the wedding in any way, shape or form. Kind of pathetic if you ask me.

Today is a brilliantly sunny day in SoCal. :flowers: Lovely ocean breezes. Talking with some friends and we pondered Meghan living in London permanently and decided that ;) she should buy a great rambling house for her mother (and even father) in some gated community (for security and privacy) so that she and Harry and any little Meghans and Harrys could come for extended holidays.

We decided that no Southern California girl could sustain cold and damp 24/7 year round. She will need respite. They will need a California home. Decided. ?

Today is a brilliantly sunny day in SoCal. :flowers: Lovely ocean breezes. Talking with some friends and we pondered Meghan living in London permanently and decided that ;) she should buy a great rambling house for her mother (and even father) in some gated community (for security and privacy) so that she and Harry and any little Meghans and Harrys could come for extended holidays.

We decided that no Southern California girl could sustain cold and damp 24/7 year round. She will need respite. They will need a California home. Decided. ?

Hmmm...are you by chance in the real estate business? ?

Those are lovely ideas Lady Nimue. All I know is that if one of my kids offered to buy a large, rambling house, I would turn it down right quick. Both Doria and Tom are single and living on their own and probably would balk at all that room (especially thinking about cleaning it).

I'm all for SoCal though. Perthaps a gated condo community for Doria with room for grandkids. Tom, though, I think from what I know of him, would stand his ground in Mexico and keep on keeping on as he's always done. :D

Hmmm...are you by chance in the real estate business? ?

I wish! ;) Were I so inclined. The real estate prices here are through the roof!

Those are lovely ideas Lady Nimue. All I know is that if one of my kids offered to buy a large, rambling house, I would turn it down right quick. Both Doria and Tom are single and living on their own and probably would balk at all that room (especially thinking about cleaning it).

I am thinking along the lines of a large rambling house divided into separate living quarters. :flowers: Very do-able. I am acquainted with such arrangements. It works.

I'm all for SoCal though. Perthaps a gated condo community for Doria with room for grandkids. Tom, though, I think from what I know of him, would stand his ground in Mexico and keep on keeping on as he's always done. :D

I know it would be the first thing I would want to do for parents being intruded upon the way they are. :sad: Doria might be okay with such an arrangement. Tom may want to stay put in Mexico but I'd still try to convince him to move to a gated community situation. They need to be protected. I'd be adamant. ;)

Anyway, I will not be surprised if Harry and Meghan do eventually get themselves a house in SoCal. If they don't, okay, but it seems to me Meghan would want her children to experience something of the American ambiance in their childhood. I would. :flowers:

The fact that the TV channel has not announced Samantha is their guest for the wedding makes me question the truth of this Sun report. The Fail hasn't run this claim that Sam will be at Windsor, just not invited; and other outlets are repeating the Sun's story. I still think if true, the TV channel is afraid of a boycott of the station if they announce Samantha or the palace will block access.

Great idea! I agree, I think Meghan would want her children to spend time with their grandmother in Southern California in which case Harry & Meghan (or her mother) would definitely need a house that would give them the necessary privacy & security.

The fact that the TV channel has not announced Samantha is their guest for the wedding makes me question the truth of this Sun report. The Fail hasn't run this claim that Sam will be at Windsor, just not invited; and other outlets are repeating the Sun's story. I still think if true, the TV channel is afraid of a boycott of the station if they announce Samantha or the palace will block access.

Yes, you're right, the Sun isn't exactly a credible source and so far there aren't any other independent sources reporting this story.

One would hope Samantha has too much dignity & pride to travel all the way to Windsor to appear on TV and comment on the sister's wedding she famously wasn't invited to.

Great idea! I agree, I think Meghan would want her children to spend time with their grandmother in Southern California in which case Harry & Meghan (or her mother) would definitely need a house that would give them the necessary privacy & security.

Might it be easier for Meghan and Harry to find Doria a nearby house/apartment near their main residence where she can stay for visits.

I say this because with school and official duties it might be more practical for Doria to come to the UK more often then Meghan and Harry coming to California. Plus then when she visits she can also have her own space (particularly if Harry and Meghan have kids I'd imagine Doria would stay by them for a bit, maybe last month of pregnancy to the christening, to help Meghan the same way Carole did for Kate).

We also don't know if Doria will stay in California long term. Doria's not too far away from being able to collect SS and retire if she so desires. She might decide to retire to the UK so she can see Meghan more frequently, in which case a soCal house becomes less necessary (I don't know the procedural on this, so if I'm wrong please feel free to correct me).

I hope Meghan will bring her children to where she grew up rather than just leaving them in the royal world. She had a life before Harry and hopefully any kids she has will be exposed to it.

Not everyone is enamored with where they grew up. Southern California has it’s fans, but there are downsides, like the traffic, the smog, the mind numbing sameness of never ending tract homes interspersed with near identical shopping venues, the lack of seasons. I’m reminded of Gertrude Stein’s description of Oakland whenever I’ve spent time down there (I’m a native of northern CA) ‘there is no there there.’
I think it’s telling that Meghan doesn’t seem to have returned to SoCal very often after she moved to Toronto for Suits.
It’ll be interesting to see what the couple does for the holidays going forward, unlike the Middletons, Meghan’s parents don’t have living situations that would easily accommodate Meghan, Harry, their children and the RPOs.

That's what I think! :flowers:

Might it be easier for Meghan and Harry to find Doria a nearby house/apartment near their main residence where she can stay for visits.

I don't think she'd live in the UK. :ermm: It makes more sense for Harry and Meghan to have a sufficiently large house to accommodate guests. Makes no sense for Doria to be housed extraneous to the couple when she visits. JMO.

Of course if Harry and Meghan wind up having a house on an estate maybe there would be one of those 'cottages' one hears tell about that could accommodate Doria when she visits.

I say this because with school and official duties it might be more practical for Doria to come to the UK more often then Meghan and Harry coming to California.

Yes, but Meghan may want her children to experience the world outside of the royal bubble, have a taste of American sensibilities, and what better place than where she grew up? It's a possibility Meghan is not that attached to SoCal. Maybe. We'll find out. ;)

Plus then when she visits she can also have her own space (particularly if Harry and Meghan have kids I'd imagine Doria would stay by them for a bit, maybe last month of pregnancy to the christening, to help Meghan the same way Carole did for Kate).

Not sure Meghan will need that kind of mothering as Kate needed/wanted, but really Kate's family is wholly different, no comparison. Totally different family culture, etc. :flowers:

We also don't know if Doria will stay in California long term. Doria's not too far away from being able to collect SS and retire if she so desires. She might decide to retire to the UK so she can see Meghan more frequently, in which case a soCal house becomes less necessary (I don't know the procedural on this, so if I'm wrong please feel free to correct me).

I'd be very surprised if Doria made the decision to hop countries but who knows? Though I can't see a sun-lover choosing to live in the northern climes in their olding years, but maybe she will opt for that.

I hope Meghan will bring her children to where she grew up rather than just leaving them in the royal world. She had a life before Harry and hopefully any kids she has will be exposed to it.

That's how I see it, too. :flowers: Plus it will open up the children's options as adults. Much like CP Mary of Denmark with her brood: they vacation in Australia every other year at Christmas time. It makes sense to do that imo. :flowers:

Last edited:
Now, sndral, it is not that bad. ;)

Not everyone is enamored with where they grew up.

So true and I know many who have 'escaped' SoCal precisely because of that feeling. ;)

Southern California has it’s fans, but there are downsides, like the traffic, the smog, the mind numbing sameness of never ending tract homes interspersed with near identical shopping venues, the lack of seasons.

I can't agree with all that you list, especially given that Harry and Meghan will be living in a well-to-do area, not so? But I disagree about the 'sameness'. LA is chockfull of neighborhoods, all unique. It might be an acquired taste for sure but there are so many possibilities, and all quite beautiful (imo). If they came during summer break there are endless beaches, and deserts, and mountains to explore. Sailing off the coast. And there are seasons, albeit subtle. Northern and southern California both are marvels of diversity both in landscapes and people. :flowers:

Some years back Harry spent time on a motorcycle touring the American Southwest. At one point he was spotted at Venice Beach eating out with friends, and even then I had a vague hunch he might like living in the LA area. Just a random thought at the time. It's very expansive here, and very creative. I could see them having a very interesting social life if they settled part of the year here.

I’m reminded of Gertrude Stein’s description of Oakland whenever I’ve spent time down there (I’m a native of northern CA) ‘there is no there there.’

Yes, many there are who cannot appreciate what California offers. ;)

I think it’s telling that Meghan doesn’t seem to have returned to SoCal very often after she moved to Toronto for Suits.

How do we know that? :sad: Besides which, it's not all that easy to go bopping across a continent (that's 4,000 km). It just isn't. Meghan strikes me as a home-body. It makes sense that she would nest where she lives. But how do we know she didn't go back to SoCal at least once a year? Once a year is plenty enough imo.

It’ll be interesting to see what the couple does for the holidays going forward, unlike the Middletons, Meghan’s parents don’t have living situations that would easily accommodate Meghan, Harry, their children and the RPOs.

Well that's the whole point. :flowers: Even the Middletons purchased a larger house/estate to accommodate Kate and her family. It seems just the same for Harry and Meghan except complicated because in a different country.

It will be interesting to see how they handle this going forward. :flowers:

Actually, Meghan went home to LA a lot. Her instagram was full of pics from trips home to LA. Plus she ID's very strongly with being a SoCal in interviews, her old blog, Instagram, etc

Also, LA's neighborhoods are diverse and interesting...but due to racial politics and such some people see the more diverse and interesting neighborhoods as "unsafe." Their loss IMO.

Last edited:
Actually, Meghan went home to LA a lot. Her instagram was full of pics from trips home to LA. Plus she ID's very strongly with being a SoCal in interviews, her old blog, Instagram, etc

Also, LA's neighborhoods are diverse and interesting...but due to racial politics and such some people see the more diverse and interesting neighborhoods as "unsafe." Their loss IMO.

Totally agree! :flowers: The greater Los Angeles area is a vast rambling place with endlessly interesting places to see and things to do. The cultural offerings are right up there with the best of any city, and the cultural diversity is impressive. It is true, in terms of physical lay-out and aesthetics it can jar European sensibilities accustomed to well-manicured and well-tended centrality but that's the wild and wooly west for you. Then there is Arizona and New Mexico and Nevada and so it goes. ;)

The Sussex children would be lucky indeed to have such an exposure across their childhoods. :flowers: JMO.

No problem with diversity in London or Birmingham. I think the school Prince George attends the students speak over 19 languages.

The Sussex children certainly won’t grow up only see white kids.

Regarding buying a “rambling” home abroad for people M&H are going to have to be extra careful and mindful of public sensibilities. They are both sensible good natured people at heart but they can’t just go off buying properties abroad. The optics just wouldn’t look right for the British public especially and considering the current atmosphere with the country dealing with austerity. Yes, even if it is just the one ‘rambling house in sunny California’. Just because Harry is royalty, that doesn’t exactly translate into him rolling in the dosh or having access to liquid cash. Meghan worked hard but her funds are also very limited I’m sure. They have to the think of the future, their future children. And invest in that. No one knows what tomorrow holds, particularly for any future offspring.

Meghan’s mum Doria does just fine. She already lives in a decent area, has a stable job she loves and wouldn’t dream of burdening her only child & soon-to-be son in law, royalty or not. And she’s doing well fending off the onslaught of media, press attention as hard as it is with it often being right in her face. Tom has his pensions and now lives quietly we are told on a sunny beachfront in Mexico a favourite destination for many American expats, apparently. I’m sure he’d avoid anything that could be perceived as exploiting his daughter’s marriage into royalty, too.

The point is Meghan’s parents are proud people. They lead their own individual lives as they see fit. They shouldn’t have to change just because of who their daughter is married to. If Doria, a yoga instructor/ therapist and Social Worker who works with the elderly wants to continue to do big item washing at a laundromat. It is nothing to be ashamed of. Her daughter marrying royalty doesn’t change a thing.

I’m sure the right arrangements for visits with Meghan & Harry’s close family will be sorted out in their own way. And that is a private matter for them to deal with.

H&M will represent and work for Queen and Country as well as indulge their joint & individual passions for philanthropy. Their public lives will be under much scrutiny as it is. Again, they are going to have to be very mindful of public perception however unfair that may seem. I mean we already have large sections of the tabloid press ripping them apart almost on a daily basis for virtually anything and seeking fault with them everywhere. Plus those two also have their own set of rabid detractors online who present nothing but extreme negativity towards them. We get the absurd gnashing of teeth over taxpayers funding every aspect of their lifestyles. Which is just untrue. Certain people online and tabloids make stuff up about them no matter how ludicrous.
Those two are going to have to tread even more carefully in comparison to other members of the BRF. That’s just an unfortunate fact.

The overall general public here in the UK either like them and bear the couple goodwill, or are indifferent to them. But that could change in an instant. So they will have to think about how it would come across, purchasing a home abroad.

Last edited:
I don't see them buying a home in the U.S. they will most likely only use once or twice a year. Much easier to rent something for that time period they would be visiting. Plus as pointed out they would have to deal with the fallout of buying a home here.

LaRae

This is definitely an area where Meghan's lifestyle changes drastically. Never again can she just pop in and stay overnight with her mom and visit with friends relatively undisturbed. As she marries and has children, where the family goes, so does the security detail for each and every member of the family. As the RPOs work in shifts, that's several RPOs for each family member.

I also don't think they'll actually buy property in the US. even when they're not there, there will still be maintenance and upkeep that needs to be maintained. Amner Hall isn't left vacant when Will and Kate are living at Kensington Palace. Its costly and for a short time each year, extravagant. They could, however, plan a visit to Doria in advance and rent a place for a week or so that the RPOs deem as "secure" and it would cost much less.

No matter where they are, where they go or what they do, home is where your hang your heart and they'll be just fine.

Daily Mail is reporting Meghan's nephew and mom ( Tom Jr's ex wife) have not received invitations to the wedding, but they will be guests of Good Morning Britain at Windsor. The comments are none too kind and I think the public see the Markles as opportunists. Rightfully so.

Perhaps I should call around to the TV stations and offer my services as correspondent. I'm sure if I dug hard and long enough, somewhere in my ancestral family tree I'm related to Meghan somehow. :lol:

I seriously don't think any TV station worth their salt that will be covering the wedding find any of the Markle estranged family worth talking to. I also, for the life of me, can't see all these TV stations having their correspondents right smack dab there in Windsor. I can, however, see them bringing in these little known bit players into a time slot that is either done in the studio or even by a video feed from the comfort of their own homes.

All I know is that if *any* TV station is looking at these people, they're scraping the bottom of the barrel and wasting their money.

OH! I just had a thought. Perhaps the media in financing and paying for Markle rejects on the invitation list are bringing them to Windsor and setting them all up in their own little section just to broadcast the "rejected family" to the world. Wouldn't put it past the tabloids. What do rejects wear to a royal wedding anyhow? :D

Last edited:
A new angle - 2000 + of the public are invited but not her family? Well selling pictures of Meghan to the tabloids is a disqualifer and they are too dense to see it.

I say this because with school and official duties it might be more practical for Doria to come to the UK more often then Meghan and Harry coming to California. Plus then when she visits she can also have her own space (particularly if Harry and Meghan have kids I'd imagine Doria would stay by them for a bit, maybe last month of pregnancy to the christening, to help Meghan the same way Carole did for Kate).

I think this is a more viable option given the relationship between mother & daughter and they do seem very close from quite a few pictures I have seen of Meghan AS AN ADULT together with her mum.

I doubt there will many changes to her present relationships with either of her parents.:flowers:

Last edited:
Let's face it. From almost day one in their lives, both William and Harry have put considerable effort into what they deem their "circle of trust". Break that trust by talking to the press or disrespecting their privacy meant instant on the outs with the princes. They quickly found out who their real friends were this way and have established life long relationships that endure.

As Meghan got to know her prince, she probably quickly learned the advantages of maintaining her own "circle of trust" including those that are close to her and real friends that are almost like family to her.

Anyone, and I mean anyone regardless of familial ties that broke the rules they put in place to maintain their "circle of trust" were quickly ousted far, far away from their lives. As I see it, the 2,000 members of the public that are invited to attend the wedding while the "Markle Misbehaviors" aren't is because the public hasn't done anything to either Harry or Meghan to warrant them not being invited whereas the "relatives" have sold Meghan out whenever and wherever they could for fame and profit.

Its simple logic. You reap what you sow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom