The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 08:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I agree with you, but that was kind of my point. She has achieved everything on her own.

Anyway I am going to be bowing out of these MM/Harry threads, probably until the wedding.

I can almost tell time by how long it is before one of their overly eager thin skinned fans takes umbrage at something that is posted, even if it's meant to be complimentary.

It never fails, and I have grown weary of stepping on eggshells in a thread dedicated to a couple that I was never more than mildly interested in to begin with. :

BTW: Meghan and her mother have not always "lived in wealth". She lived in the Crenshaw district of Baldwin Hills for years...an area immortalized in the gritty "Menace 2 Society" film for anyone who is curious. I lived in Windsor Hills between 2001 and 2004 and it is indeed amazing.

My reference to a structured and nurturing cocoon had nothing to do with material wealth btw...zilch.

I hope you would stay to participate in the discussions. Your comments are always well thought out and positive.

Old 12-02-2017, 12:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree with you, but that was kind of my point. She has achieved everything on her own.
Not on her own (I would say) except in-so-far as we all have to take what we were given and run with it.

My point was she was given a leg-up by her parents, in spades, and likely by her extended family and the influence of friends and teachers.

Quote:
Anyway I am going to be bowing out of these MM/Harry threads, probably until the wedding. I can almost tell time by how long it is before one of their overly eager thin skinned fans takes umbrage at something that is posted, even if it's meant to be complimentary. It never fails, and I have grown weary of stepping on eggshells in a thread dedicated to a couple that I was never more than mildly interested in to begin with. :
I cannot claim to understand what the issues are for you. But if Harry and Meghan are not an interesting couple to you I could see there being issues with those who do find them interesting. A disjunct there, I would think. I know I stay clear of all threads that talk about royals who do not interest me. Never would occur to me to go on those threads to voice my disinterest. Just me.

Quote:
BTW: Meghan and her mother have not always "lived in wealth".
Nor did Kate Middleton, who you compared Meghan to. The Middletons' climb out of the lower Middle Class took some years to accomplish. However, just to be clear, Meghan never lived in poverty. Though both parents worked, they maintained a comfortable life-style. Meghan never was in want.

Quote:
She lived in the Crenshaw district of Baldwin Hills for years...an area immortalized in the gritty "Menace 2 Society" film for anyone who is curious. I lived in Windsor Hills between 2001 and 2004 and it is indeed amazing.
Baldwin Hills and Windsor Hills are in hiccuping distance of each other, literally. Not sure what you are trying to suggest. I have no idea where Meghan and her mother lived in the locale of Baldwin Hills but Los Angeles neighborhoods are multi-layered, endlessly shifting, and one can make no assumptions. It's less 'where' than 'when'.

Quote:
My reference to a structured and nurturing cocoon had nothing to do with material wealth btw...zilch.
Did I misunderstand? Maybe you were comparing Kate's family (mother/father, siblings, an intact family) with Meghan's natal family (only child of divorced parents, with a more expansive and complex extended family). Even in that instance I think the key is that Meghan was deeply loved and her parents, albeit divorced, gave her a solid and secure upbringing. She definitely matured into a woman who could forge her own life on her own terms. That strength and courage came from her upbringing (and that peculiarity of the American ideal that states that one can be and do whatever one wills). Kate, in the rigors of a class society, adhered more tightly to her natal home for 'safety' (which has garnered her untold criticism, as a result).

Old 12-02-2017, 12:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Anyway I am going to be bowing out of these MM/Harry threads, probably until the wedding.

I can almost tell time by how long it is before one of their overly eager thin skinned fans takes umbrage at something that is posted, even if it's meant to be complimentary.

It never fails, and I have grown weary of stepping on eggshells in a thread dedicated to a couple that I was never more than mildly interested in to begin with. :

BTW: Meghan and her mother have not always "lived in wealth". She lived in the Crenshaw district of Baldwin Hills for years...an area immortalized in the gritty "Menace 2 Society" film for anyone who is curious. I lived in Windsor Hills between 2001 and 2004 and it is indeed amazing.

I definitely hope you stick around. You add much needed sides to the discussion.

And your cocoon comment wasn't lost on all of us. Sorry that late coming into conversation due to work.

Certainly money can buy a lot, but a close family, a certain safety from the world, cushioning from the outside is not one of them always.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:46 AM
Royal Highness

I apologise if this information has been posted before. Does Meghan have her own wealth? Is she a self made millionaire? What is her estimated net worth?
Old 12-02-2017, 06:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I apologise if this information has been posted before. Does Meghan have her own wealth? Is she a self made millionaire? What is her estimated net worth?
She did work on Suits for 7 years, had her blog Tig for 3 years and a contract with Reitman's. Added whatever ads etc she might have posted on her social media. I'd say she's quite wealthy, but have no idea exactly how wealthy.

ETA: A quick google search brought different answers, varying from between $5-7.5 million.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
She did work on Suits for 7 years, had her blog Tig for 3 years and a contract with Reitman's. Added whatever ads etc she might have posted on her social media. I'd say she's quite wealthy, but have no idea exactly how wealthy.

ETA: A quick google search brought different answers, varying from between $5-7.5 million.

And so it begins...Mail Online published a series of ďintimate family photosĒ of Meganís family. There are several pics her family members that donít even contain Meghan. They are normal photos, showing a very cute Meghan, but several do not contain Meghan and all are labeled with individual family members names. Clearly the press got to someone in the family, perhaps the person quoted, and offered something in return. These photos are from her motherís side of the family, so I suspect that the Mail wanted to highlight her African American heritage. I suspect that the Mail was happy to showcase Meghanís black family, in order to encourage racists out of the woodwork and into public discourse. Meghan would be well advised to have a quiet word with her cousins and dissuade them from becoming tabloid fodder.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

They would be paid for them
if Meghan wanted them out there she would have released them
So thatís both sides of the family running to the media but at lest these family members say nice things
Old 12-03-2017, 03:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm still waiting for the Fail to print the photograph of Meghan sitting with a friend with Buck House in the background and spew out the garbage that she's had designs on the royal family even way back then. Everything since that photo has been geared to "snag" Harry. That would be typical Daily Fail.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:44 AM
Courtier

Meghan has shared pics of herself with her mother, father, even her maternal grandfather...the latter which she shared personal stories of on her blog. So I doubt she is fuming over these pics being released. It was certainly in bad taste for this family member to sell them, particularly to such a trashy tabloid but they are pretty harmless. In fact, I would say they are much nicer than the ones we saw from the other side of her family.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:44 AM
Heir Apparent

There is no need to do anything. There is a frenzy going on right now. Soon enough it'll be old news. If the Fail wants to waste their money, let me.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:46 AM
Commoner

My first thought was that since nobody from that that side of the family had spoken to the press before he was given the go ahead in order to counteract the ugly narrative and photo dump that the horrid so called ex best friend put out there. But then I also suppose if she wanted them out there they would have gone to a more reputable paper. So I dont know. Maybe he went rogue himself wanting to counteract the narrative.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
My first thought was that since nobody from that that side of the family had spoken to the press before he was given the go ahead in order to counteract the ugly narrative and photo dump that the horrid so called ex best friend put out there. But then I also suppose if she wanted them out there they would have gone to a more reputable paper. So I dont know. Maybe he went rogue himself wanting to counteract the narrative.
I don't think counteracting has anything to do with it. I think they just finally found more people and upped the price. It's interesting all these people openly admit to having no contact with her though.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

So is there anyone left who hasnít spoken ?
Old 12-03-2017, 04:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
The ones she talks to apparently.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Who are they apart from her mother ? Any that could be in the wedding party ?
Old 12-03-2017, 04:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Umm, yeah. Plenty haven't talked. A few people talking to the tabloids isn't tantamount to everyone blabbing.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

The people who have sold their photos must have taken care to keep the photos in good condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
Umm, yeah. Plenty haven't talked. A few people talking to the tabloids isn't tantamount to everyone blabbing.

Just that itís both sides of the families and old friend. I guess her friends she made since Suits havenít spoken or have I missed that
Old 12-03-2017, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Just that it’s both sides of the families and old friend. I guess her friends she made since Suits haven’t spoken or have I missed that
That’s not true. Her friend, Benita Litt, who has known her since before Suits, hasn’t said anything. Meghan is godmother to her daughters. Lindsay Jill Roth, who is her best friend from Northwestern time, was asked while she was doing press for her book, but she made generally nice marks about Meghan being a good person and can handle herself well in any situation. Nothing private was really exposed.

While Samantha has been chatty, her daughter and son have not said anything and it’s not because they can’t find her. Camilla Tominey did a whole article about her niece being a real life lawyer. Even mentioning the firm she works for. So we can rest assure she’s been contacted.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Just that it’s both sides of the families and old friend. I guess her friends she made since Suits haven’t spoken or have I missed that
And that amounts to a handful of people. There are many more who have stayed quiet, including other family and friends she's met in recent years.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:19 PM
Majesty

I'd say the priority would be for Harry to finally meet his future father-in-law!

Closed Thread

Tags
kate middleton, meghan markle, royal family