Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully her dad will walk her. If not I say she walk alone or walk in with Harry. I do hope to see Samantha's children there as a direct slap to their neurotic mother.

I fully agree that having her future father-in-law or brother-in-law walk her down the aisle would be illogical - her mom would be the obvious choice if her father wouldn't be up for it

Didn't Prince Charles walk Alexandra Knatchbull down the aisle, even though her own father was there, though I believe he was unwell?

Personally, i think Meghan can walk herself down the aisle, though if she wants her Dad, that's her perogative too. And if he's shy/unwell, he can still be there but not have to walk down the aisle, after all, it's not a country church, there's quite a long aisle at the Windsor chapel and could prove tricky for some people.

Didn't Prince Charles walk Alexandra Knatchbull down the aisle, even though her own father was there, though I believe he was unwell?

Personally, i think Meghan can walk herself down the aisle, though if she wants her Dad, that's her perogative too. And if he's shy/unwell, he can still be there but not have to walk down the aisle, after all, it's not a country church, there's quite a long aisle at the Windsor chapel and could prove tricky for some people.
Charles was an extended family member; just like some members suggested that some other family member of Meghan could take the job (if that's what Meghan would prefer).

I fully agree... But apparently I am not communicating that well :ermm:

However, would Meghan be ok with the liturgy and which someone else presents her to be married (hmm, going a little off-topic); especially if that someone else is nog her parent?

Could they not just omit that part? Just like a number of brides omit saying "obey"?

Most royal observers are aware that Meghan is not the first American of color to marry into European royalty. But here's another testament to that fact. The writer of the piece does not appear to be fluent in English:
https://translate.google.pt/transla...angela-liechtenstein-origen-africano_1485058/

Regarding who gives Meghan away, my order of preference: ;)

Her father
her mother and her father
her mother
Markus Anderson (friend who is like an older brother to her)
Alvin Joffrey Ragland (her two years younger uncle)
Mark Dyer (Prince Harry's mentor and friend)
Ben Mulroney (her best friend Jessica's husband)
Christopher Hale (her nephew)
Prince Charles

There are plenty of options. With all of those options (and there are surely more), why should Meghan walk down the aisle alone?

Last edited:
Having read the many, many articles, etc. about Thomas Markle Snr, the fact that he has retired to the point of almost becoming a recluse makes me think he may very well have a significant health issue such as a heart problem or a social phobia.

You cannot see it, it's not like he has a cast on it for everyone to point and say "see, he's got a problem". But, his lifestyle is so diametrically opposed to his life and he seems to have gone to some lengths to distance himself from all of his children whom he could find very stressful.

If indeed that were the case, he may very well not attend the wedding. I Hope this is not the case and that he does indeed attend, both for himself and Meghan.

It seems like he wants to live a very quiet life and does not want any kind of attention (and one should respect that). A royal wedding in Britain would certainly drastically jeopardize that.

It seems like he wants to live a very quiet life and does not want any kind of attention (and one should respect that). A royal wedding in Britain would certainly drastically jeopardize that.

If he does not walk her down the aisle, perhaps they can have him at the wedding privately and discreetly. The British press are vultures and have done all they can to harass both her mother and her father. Perhaps Meghan can just walk herself down the aisle?

I’m sure Mr. Markle will make the right decision and have his daughter’s full support for whatever that may be.

Having read the many, many articles, etc. about Thomas Markle Snr, the fact that he has retired to the point of almost becoming a recluse makes me think he may very well have a significant health issue such as a heart problem or a social phobia.

You cannot see it, it's not like he has a cast on it for everyone to point and say "see, he's got a problem". But, his lifestyle is so diametrically opposed to his life and he seems to have gone to some lengths to distance himself from all of his children whom he could find very stressful.

If indeed that were the case, he may very well not attend the wedding. I Hope this is not the case and that he does indeed attend, both for himself and Meghan.

Why do people think he is a recluse with social phobias? The tabloids found him quite easily because he is out and about. The town he lives in is a beach one. He avoiding the media but that doesn't make him some house hermit either. The press tossed this label on him and people are going with it all because he wants privacy?

Last edited:
I agree ACO. I don’t think this guy is a recluse. So much for peace and quiet. This was probably the furthest thing on his mind when he moved there...,”ah, my daughter’s going to marry a prince”. Who can blame him for avoiding the spotlight?

I believe Meghan will have whom ever she wants walk her down the aisle and if she wants her mum right at her side on the big day then so be it. Having a mother walk her child down the aisle is not unprecedented, it is not a ‘MUST’ to have a man, dad walk her down the aisle. Harry will support her I’m sure plus he already has a great rapport with Meghan’s mum going by what he himself said about Meghan’s mother during the engagement interview and from what I gathered re the invictus game. Plus her dear mum was with her at her previous wedding. Not entirely ruling out Tom Snr but that would depend on him and Meghan obviously.

I doubt she will invite treacherous people she doesn’t consider to be CLOSE family or those linked to them, to avoid any ambiguity. She’s been unfairly exploited enough times by people who barely even know her since childhood, much less her personal life as an adult. People she almost certainly didn’t grow up with in the same household, tut tut.

Last edited:
I don't normally follow this thread, but just reading the last posts makes me sad. What a dysfunctional family!.
It makes Uncle Gary look like a gentleman...

Her dad’s other children by his first wife are atrocious, there’s no doubting that whatsoever. But even they weren’t convicted in court as criminals. Convicted of assaulting a woman. And caught undercover dabbling in class A drugs including offering to solicit prostitutes. And photoed urinating on the streets in public. So you’re quite wrong with your making ‘......’ look like a ‘gentleman’ bit :ohmy:

Last edited:
This is what happens when you shake a family tree. All kinds of nuts fall out. :lol:

:previous: You're not wrong. Poor Meghan has to face the world with the whole world knowing probably more than she does about those she distanced herself from.

Her parents seem like nice people. Her dad wants to be left alone, but the Daily Mail wants to expose him whenever they can. His children (not Meghan, but the others) want attention, I suppose. I love how the mother handles herself: she does not engage. That is the perfect way to do it. Don't engage. I think the father tried to be nice at first, but he came to realize that the press are vultures and they want to feed, not to be friends! :lol:

I think eventually the hype will fade and a kind of monotony will take over. The press must eventually stop harassing the parents because they will realize that, in fact, none of us cares! We don't care to see Meghan's mother driving to work or Meghan's father eating and shopping: in the end, these are stories of people doing things we all do every single day. Somehow, the press pack things that if they follow the parents they will gain some clues about the soon-to-be royal duchess? :whistling:

Why do people think he is a recluse with social phobias? The tabloids found him quite easily because he is out and about. The town he lives in is a beach one. He avoiding the media but that doesn't make him some house hermit either. The press tossed this label on him and people are going with it all because he wants privacy?

Thank you! The invasive video stalking has also shown him walking just fine down the street, into stores, etc., even without a daughter at his side to provide (mutual) support.

Now, a long flight might be a problem for him if he has certain conditions. He may not be able to safely travel all the way to the UK. But if he can, I have a hard time thinking a walk down the aisle would really be beyond his capability.

Now, a long flight might be a problem for him if he has certain conditions. He may not be able to safely travel all the way to the UK.
Yes, this is what I believe is the issue not actually walking down the aisle.

I’m sure Mr. Markle will make the right decision and have his daughter’s full support for whatever that may be.

I deeply feel for him. The way he's treated in the media is awful. I see a lot of disturbing posts about him too, not so much here but in other places online. Although it is his personal business, I can't help hoping he does walk her down the aisle. I think she loves him deeply and might regret it later if he's not there for this special day. Her Tig posting about him is very loving. It is impossible to fake that kind of feeling. It is plain as day to me that this father and daughter love each other truly. Maybe he's having a hard time right now, but if so it is so much more reason to connect with his daughter, to share her special day. The hard times are when we need most to connect to our loved ones, to be brave. The hard times are the worst time to give into the isolation. Be brave, Mr. Markle. A lot of out here hate the Daily Mail and are rooting for you, Sir!

I think the fact that Mr. Markle is retired, the media stalking him, and treating him like he’s some sort of magical mystery, are leading folks to think he’s not able to walk his daughter down the aisle.

I think he’s going to make it over to London, meet Harry in person, attend the rehearsals, and do the honor of walking Meghan down the aisle on May 19th.

Last edited:
Once the wedding is over he’ll be forgotten. The press will leave him alone.

Posts questioning the sincerity of Meghan's relationship with her mother (as well as subsequent posts) have been deleted as speculative.

It would probably be a lot different for Meghan’s parents if they lived in the U.K.

The fact they live in America makes it a lot easier imo. We really don’t see many photos of them. Yes there’s stories but I mean that’s not the same as a photographer stalking you.

Once the wedding is over, Meghan’s parents can resume their normal lives.

In an article published in Oct 2017 a genealogists stated that one of Meghan's ancestors was listed as a mulatto on the us census. If that is true Megan is more than half white.

I don't think it makes a difference at all. Barack Obama has Irish ancestry. :D

In an article published in Oct 2017 a genealogists stated that one of Meghan's ancestors was listed as a mulatto on the us census. If that is true Megan is more than half white.

A lot of black people have "mulattos" in the ancestry. My great great grandfather was biracial and my brother is a dark skinned black man. Meghan's mother is AA with two dark completion parents. Meghan's father is white. She is considered biracial in that regard.

On his mother's side Barack Obama has English, Irish and German ancestry. He is in fact related to several other U.S. presidents.

But his black ancestors weren't slaves (his father was from Kenya). Meghan Markle's black ancestors were slaves, at least some of them. Unfortunately, female slaves were often forced into sexual relationships with their white masters or other white men. One study estimates that the average African-American is 73.2% African, 24.0% European, and 0.8% Native American.

http://www.cell.com/ajhg/fulltext/S0002-9297(14)00476-5

So Meghan's mother Doria may very well have some European ancestry.

That's really interesting. When you stop and think about it, we're all a big box of crayons in different hues and shades and colorful mixtures of other colors.

One thing is certain though. We all came out of Africa 200,000 years ago and descended from "Lucy".

This is getting OT (sorry) but Barack Obama is a descendant of Edward I and his first wife Eleanor of Castile. So this means he is a very distant cousin of the Queen, William, Catherine, Harry, and Meghan, who all descend from Edward & Eleanor too.

So if the Obamas are invited to the wedding they will be attending as family as well as friends! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom