Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’d be absurd and hurtful to invite to her wedding nasty people she isn’t even close to and I believe Meghan has the decorum not to subject the royal family to potential harm in that way. Distant “relative” or not.

Last edited:
A half sister, even if estranged, is IMO quite a close relative, and it would be proper to invite her. However, the odds are if Meg were to do so, Samantha would not accept it as a polite gesture but not come, but might come and that would embarrass the RF...

The reality is Sam didn't need official word she wasn't being invited. She knew long ago. She wouldn't have been running her mouth, and making her book, if she thought she had a chance of being invited.

I don't tink that she has that capacity for logical thought or self control. I think she just rants on, whatever comes to her mind, and one days she's pro Meghan, and other days she's against her.
I think she probably knows htat she has no chance of being invited, really but continues to hope.. but does not see that rattling on about M is going to kill off ANY chance she has.

It is the Bridal couples' prerogative to invite or not invite whomsoever they choose, it being THEIR day... no 'should' or 'proper' about it...

@King of the Jungle - security is going to be highten for the wedding to the point there will be an armed guard in the carriage with Meghan and Harry. Samantha keeps a loaded gun in every room in her house according to the A Current Affair interview and story. Mix in the vitriol Sam and tossed at Meghan and statements from other family members and you have a toxic brew that has security very concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if Sam and Tom Jr. have been assessed as security threats. Sam's illness, disability and jealousy are no excuses for her behavior. The BRF doesn't want an incident or tragedy happening that day and I think they are willing to take on PR incoming.

Last edited:
Samantha has been publicly attacking Meghan for months. Why on earth should Meghan invite her to her wedding? Just because they share DNA? They're in no way close, haven't seen each other in years.

Meghan’s close family are those who she herself CONSIDERS to be her close family. The email correspondence people saw when Tom Jr went mouthing off to the press YET AGAIN, this time about his exploitations regarding Kensington Palace proves Meghan DOES NOT consider these people to be her close family. And who can blame her after watching the relentless exploitive spectacle of those two for the past one and half years since her relationship with Harry was revealed? Either way Meghan describes herself as an only child as it seems that’s how she was brought up. And she is after all her mother’s ONLY child and the ONLY daughter her dad & mum had together. It’s not for any of us to dictate which Markle relative Meghan invites to her OWN wedding. There are close family, close relatives and likewise distant relatives, distant family in most situations to do with humans. Doesn’t mean people have to haul distant and obnoxious ones to their wedding.

Last edited:
It is the Bridal couples' prerogative to invite or not invite whomsoever they choose, it being THEIR day... no 'should' or 'proper' about it...

I would say that any bridal couple, hardly want to upset or offend their relatives, even ones' they may not be close to.. so even for an ordinary bride and groom there are obligations. and for royals they usually have certian people that they must invite.. unless there are very serious reasons not to.

Yes, it is the bridal couple's day and their prerogitive to decide the guest list. Meghan would know her sister best and know how unhinged she could be in reality.
I wonder how accurate the media stories have been?
Samantha would not be able to bring any dangerous weapon into the country; I don't forsee her being a threat but perhaps an embarrassment. Many families have members with mental illness and they know best when to include them.

Again why would she include a woman she dislikes and doesn't see as family? Samantha has shown everyone who she is and how she feels for over a year. The media doesn't have to tell us about Samantha, she does it willing about herself. I have a better chance getting an invite than Samantha.

I would say that any bridal couple, hardly want to upset or offend their relatives, even ones' they may not be close to.. so even for an ordinary bride and groom there are obligations. and for royals they usually have certian people that they must invite.. unless there are very serious reasons not to.

Why should Meghan care at all about offending Samantha, when for year and half Samantha has gone to every possible paper and show that would interview her, and multiple times has trashed Meghan and her character?

Oh I am sure that Samantha would gladly come to the wedding IF she is invited. She will have more information to sell to the tabloids to make money off of her sister....especially of the private part of the celebrations where no media is allowed.

No way should she invite family she is not close to simply for the sake of inviting them. This Samantha has done everything she can to harm Meghan and her mother.

LaRae
Completely agree.:flowers:

The great thing about this wedding is Meghan gets to invite her close loving family, close loving relations. But more importantly, she DOESN’T have to invite thoroughly unpleasant distant relatives regardless of what *people :whistling:(from elsewhere or wherever) suggest she do.

That’s the good thing about weddings applicable to any of us.

Last edited:
If Meghan's half sister had not spent the past year and a half publicly selling out her connection to Meghan perhaps an invitation would have come, perhaps not. Apparently she was hateful in private as well for years. But there comes a point where a line is crossed, and I think Samantha crossed that line and burned down the bridge. Even if not close as siblings, an invitation would have come if Samantha's own behavior and actions had not negated that courtesy.

^^ How are they close when they haven't spoke in over a decade? They have never been close. They don't like each other. There is no reason whatsoever for Meghan to invite that awful women to her wedding. I think the majority completely understand the non invite.

Just because you share DNA doesn't make you family.

Really hard to understand why it’s even being suggested in the first place that Meghan’s ‘obliged’ to invite to her wedding a person who wasn’t at her previous one. There’s a reason this person wasn’t there and it’s not a stretch to see why. :ermm:

Last edited:
News flash: the tabs are running a story that Tom Jr is not invited to the wedding because-big surprise-he's been blabbing to the press. They're are also running that Meghan's dad is not invited because the grandness of the event is too overwhelming to him and he's mad at Harry for the family comment at Christmas. KP is doing no comment on the guest list for now. But brace yourself for Samantha claiming her family is being abandoned, that she didn't get an invitation, and spill the beans about the correspondent gig if there is one.

I just saw a headline saying neither her brother or father are invited and William is walking her down the aisle LOL

These people at the tabloids....

LaRae

Whatever these tabloid reporters are smoking, I want some. I just find it unfathomable that Meghan's dad wouldn't be attending let alone not invited to his daughter's wedding.

I fully expect Tom, Sr. to walk his daughter up that aisle come May 19th with a big smile on his face. As far as Tom, Jr. and Samantha, I think we all pretty much knew that these two would definitely be on the outs of the wedding invites.

It is irresistibly pleasing that American Tabloids are every bit as appalling as British ones..

Whatever these tabloid reporters are smoking, I want some. I just find it unfathomable that Meghan's dad wouldn't be attending let alone not invited to his daughter's wedding.

I fully expect Tom, Sr. to walk his daughter up that aisle come May 19th with a big smile on his face. As far as Tom, Jr. and Samantha, I think we all pretty much knew that these two would definitely be on the outs of the wedding invites.

Not expecting Meghan's half-siblings and I do believe that Tom Sr. will most definitely be there. The only reason that I could think of for an absence would be a health related issue that prohibits him from flying from Mexico to the UK.

:previous: Now that is a definite possibility. He seems to live such a quiet and reclusive life you have to wonder if there is a reason other than being as far away from his loving son and elder daughter.

Its just very possible that after years of being around the entertainment field and all the hustle and bustle of life, he's chosen to live simply with as less interruptions as possible and enjoy just being.

I know that feeling well. Thirty years ago I couldn't have imagined not having places to go and people to see and checking a watch to see if I'm late for something. Today I live as a simple homebody with my books and my internet and have no clue if my watch battery has run out or not. Less hassles and no stress does a body good. :D

News flash: the tabs are running a story that Tom Jr is not invited to the wedding because-big surprise-he's been blabbing to the press. They're are also running that Meghan's dad is not invited because the grandness of the event is too overwhelming to him and he's mad at Harry for the family comment at Christmas. KP is doing no comment on the guest list for now. But brace yourself for Samantha claiming her family is being abandoned, that she didn't get an invitation, and spill the beans about the correspondent gig if there is one.

The only person to say Meghan's dad was mad at what Harry said was habitual liar Tom Jr. So anything based on what Tom Jr says is highly suspect. Sounds like the source is Tom Jr. trying to hock is storlies anonymously.

Tom Jr and Samantha run their mouth just to get attention from the press. I don't take anything they say seriously because it is clear they have an axe to grind. They have made it beyond clear.

I fully expect Tom Sr to be at the wedding unless something physically prevents him.

This writer's assessment of Ninaki Priddy is spot-on. I guess Ms. Priddy will be glued to her television set on May 19th instead of being in the congregation at St. George's Chapel as a former old and dear friend:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/50758...an-markle-is-worse-than-lovers-kiss-and-tell/

"Ninaki Priddy's reminiscences suggest a friendship where she basked in the reflected beauty, vivaciousness and glory of [Meghan] seeing her achieve her lifelong ambition to become a famous actress ... And now, of course, Meghan has met a real-life prince who is besotted by her... Ninaki’s 'curator of a beautiful life' remark [about Meghan] harbours a whiff of the deeply corrosive emotion that is jealousy."

A video from an Australian news show discussing rumors that Meghan's Dad may be too sick to travel to London for her wedding:

I don’t know why but from day one I never had the feeling he’d be there. Then when I read he’s never even met Harry that cinched it for me.

Maybe it’s health related. Maybe he just doesn’t like traveling.

Until this rumor has some credibility I can sink my teeth into, I'm ignoring rumors. :D

I do hope her father is there because she clearly cares deeply for him. However, I did not see him in any of the photos from her first wedding, and he seems to have chosen a very reclusive life in retirement. Unlike his 2 older children he seems to avoid any part of the limelight. The press stalking him at his residence in Mexico (as they do w/ Doria in LA) was inexcusable IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom