Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meghan's nephew Tom described Aunt Samantha and his dad Tom Jr as crazy. He said he and his brother Tyler and their mother will be the most normal Markles at the wedding. Before Samantha had MS she had issues with her mother,her brother,her youngest daughter,both ex husbands and jealousy issues with Meghan. Her two oldest children were raised by their father. They turned out normal. Her daughter Ashleigh is a human rights lawyer. Samantha lives with her boyfriend who is an ex convict that bullied her youngest daughter !causing her to leave home at age 14. Samantha is not close to any of her children. Not surprised.

If Samantha is invited she can't bring ex convict boyfriend- he will have trouble obtaining a Visa. Meghan's half brother has had a few brushes with the law- not sure if he was ever convicted.
I will be surprised if Samantha is on list. She tried to do much damage to Meghan and Sammie has told many lies. She wants to be a royal correspondent . She seeks attention- craves it. She wants to use the wedding to heal family - why doesn't she do it now? You don't use someone's wedding to resolve family feuds. I hope they don't embarrass Meghan- they are wild as Hawks,especially Tom Jr. and Darlene. Meghan's newphew Tom will bring his partner Ronnie. Yes ,Ronnie as in Ronald. I can't wait. Those Markles aren't dull at least.

That's funny. She use to tell people Meghan's mom was the maid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who are these people and why are they of any concern to Meghan.

If Samantha is invited she can't bring ex convict boyfriend- he will have trouble obtaining a Visa. Meghan's half brother has had a few brushes with the law- not sure if he was ever convicted.
I will be surprised if Samantha is on list. She tried to do much damage to Meghan and Sammie has told many lies. She wants to be a royal correspondent . She seeks attention- craves it. She wants to use the wedding to heal family - why doesn't she do it now? You don't use someone's wedding to resolve family feuds. I hope they don't embarrass Meghan- they are wild as Hawks,especially Tom Jr. and Darlene. Meghan's newphew Tom will bring his partner Ronnie. Yes ,Ronnie as in Ronald. I can't wait. Those Markles aren't dull at least.

You don't need a vis to visit the UK, just to go there for a long period. So the ex-convict wouldn't have to worry about not getting a visa.

I don't get the big deal about Tom bringing his partner. Its the 21st century. Elton John and his husband were at the Cambridge wedding. No one is going to clutch any pearls.

Who are these people and why are they of any concern to Meghan.

Meghan's half siblings and their children. Concern to her in how much they open their mouth to the press (Samantha and Tom Jr). Her nephews and nieces have been pretty quiet for the most part.

So Samantha's boyfriend is an ex-con? How could the Fail miss such a detail?It explains why Meghan has nothing to do with her, especially if it's a crime of fraud or violence. As for her movie, I googled Sam's partner and the only Alan Walsh that comes up is a soccer player and a physicist.

It would be right karma if Sam does a movie or book the gossip and mainstream press rakes her past and character over the coals.

Well some Australian TV show is interviewing Sam and set to air tomorrow. I think Sam knows she's not invited because the premise of the interview is to set the record straight and talk about the family rift (of her own doing). This is a preventive strike for the when news of wedding guests is announced.

For the teaser story the show has put out (a hook for the interview) the show aired pictures of Samantha's kitchen and living room,CCTV cameras around the property; but the boyfriend is creepy. Sam and Mark have met on Facebook, been together for some time. He tells the interviewer there is a loaded gun in every room in Samantha's house and he is armed with pepper spray when he is around at different points of the interview. Who does that?! Show the world Meghan has just cause to stay away from Sam.

Last edited:
I for one want to know what Tom and Sam's lives were like growing up that they both ended up so bad.

Samantha and her boyfriend. Yikes. They not getting near Meghan.

I for one want to know what Tom and Sam's lives were like growing up that they both ended up so bad.

Maybe they are not so sad/bad. Maybe the only thing the press will hear or print from them is negative stuff. For all we know, they are saying nice things about her that simply don't get reported.

And I personally don't have enough energy to worry about the past lives of people I will never meet, that will never entertain me and that have done moving to earn 15 minutes of fame. Especially when I can have absolutely no impact on their lives in any way.

Who knows why some people turn out like they do? Sometimes, it doesn't seem to matter if you had a privileged upbringing or a less than privileged upbringing, whether you were abused or relatively well cared for in a decent neighborhood and school. It's just probably a variety of factors, and then specifically how your personality ends up evolving based on everything that happens to you. There are people who've had the most horrific things ever imaginable happen to them, and they can sometimes end up becoming brave, committed and caring people who give to others. I wonder too about predestination and fate. I don't know.

What we do know about the older Markles, is that Tom Markle Sr met his first wife, Roslyn, when they were teenagers and they were married when he was 18 or 19. That's too young for most people to get married, I think. Tom Sr ended up leaving Roslyn and their two young children (Tom Jr and Samantha), and traveling to California where he fell into the television industry as a lighting director. He didn't attend college, so perhaps he went to a trade school to learn his craft?

Samantha's youngest daughter, Noelle Rasmussen, gave a video interview to the DF sometime last year in which she describes in detail her mother, Samantha's, vile behavior toward Meghan. Noelle also claims to have been abused by Samantha, from whom she is now estranged. In the video interview, Noelle is shown sitting next to her grandmother, Roslyn. Noelle has lovely things to say about Meghan, but it's obvious Noelle does not know Meghan very well and that they probably met only once, at Samantha's graduation. Noelle is an anthropology student, per the article. I doubt either are on the wedding invite list, mostly because Meghan has no relationship with either of them. Here's a link to the DF article and video interview with Noelle and Roslyn:
Meghan Markle's sister to write book on 'Princess Pushy' | Daily Mail Online

The only person on Meghan's mother's side of the family who has cashed in so far that we know of is her uncle, Joseph Johnson, who is Doria's older half brother. Strangely, like her daughter Meghan, Doria has older half siblings, sister Saundra and brother Joseph. They are Doria's mother Jeanette's children from a first marriage. Doria's father, Alvin Ragland, was Jeanette's second husband. Alvin later divorced Jeanette and married Ava Burrow; Alvin and Ava have a son, Alvin Joffrey Ragland, who is about two years younger than Meghan.

It's not clear how close Meghan is to either side of her family. We haven't heard anything directly from Meghan's aunt Saundra. Therefore, perhaps Aunt Saundra and her son(s) may be invited to the wedding? Uncle Joseph & wife won't be invited -- he sold pictures and info to DF immediately after H&M's engagement announcement. Reportedly, Meghan is close to her young Ragland uncle Alvin Joffrey. I never knew he existed until recently. He's said to be a graphic artist. Perhaps he will be invited to the wedding? Both Meghan's sets of grandparents are dead. Her father and mother will obviously be present. Samantha's two older children: Ashleigh Hale & Christopher (?) Hale may be invited to the wedding. Especially Ashleigh since she's an attorney who is friendly with Meghan and close to her in age.

I doubt that Tom Jr's two sons whom he is badmouthing for distancing themselves from him and trying to ingratiate themselves with Meghan, will get an invite! Tom Jr has publicly lashed out at the very idea of his two sons and former wife getting an invitation! :eek:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/they-should-not-invited-meghan-11966314

I'll bet it will only be Tom Markle Sr, Ashleigh Hale, and perhaps her brother who will be representing the Markle side of the family at the wedding.

Reactions: ACO
Maybe they are not so sad/bad. Maybe the only thing the press will hear or print from them is negative stuff. For all we know, they are saying nice things about her that simply don't get reported.

And I personally don't have enough energy to worry about the past lives of people I will never meet, that will never entertain me and that have done moving to earn 15 minutes of fame. Especially when I can have absolutely no impact on their lives in any way.
Good for you... now back to my question.
Samantha has no relationship with her mother or children and Tom apparently has a bad relationship with one son and has been arrested for some random thing. Them being unappealing people has nothing to do with Meghan and everything to do with their past history.

Not sure why the media thinks that woman has any contact with Meghan. First she is 20 years older, she was married and have her own family in Florida, while meghan was a child growing up in California. They seem to only have a see you once a year family connection. Samantha has two grown children who have nothing to do with her and yet the media is trying to put this woman's misfortune and bad choices on Meghan. I have followed Meghan on twitter for years and this woman waits until recently to badger her. SMH!

They both had falling out with their mother and both have no relationships with their own children. All their kids were raised mostly away from them it would seem. Tom Jr seemed to have a more active role (though not much) with his when were younger but Samantha's kids were raised by their grandparents.

Here is a clip of the new interview with Samantha.

Meghan's nephew Tom described Aunt Samantha and his dad Tom Jr as crazy. He said he and his brother Tyler and their mother will be the most normal Markles at the wedding... Meghan's newphew Tom will bring his partner Ronnie. Yes ,Ronnie as in Ronald. I can't wait. Those Markles aren't dull at least...

Is there any official confirmation then that Meghan has actually invited her two nephews (sons of Tom Jr) to the wedding?

If Meghan invites her two nephews (Tom Jr's sons) that is exceedingly kind of her. At least one of them has been speaking out about wishing to attend the wedding, and having fond memories of Meghan babysitting him when he was a child.

As far as that teaser clip for A Current Affair, I mean seriously, that's a low-life tabloid whose producers and reporters love dealing in scurrilous scandals and OTT comments that have no basis in fact or reality. The tab does it for the money, and for ratings and clicks. Samantha is doing it for spite and for the money.

Samantha and Meghan absolutely DID NOT 'grow up together,' especially not since Samantha was 19 and nearing 20 when Meghan was born!

According to Samantha's youngest daughter, Noelle, Samantha has spoken of hating Meghan since Meghan was born, and later wanting to have nothing to do with Meghan. When Meghan became successful in acting, Samantha was jealous and bitter. By that point, Samantha & Meghan had already become estranged. It's not as if Meghan hadn't tried to be a kind sister, as Meghan had flown to Florida to attend Samantha's college graduation. Samantha apparently did not begin her rabid public slamming of Meghan until the news broke about Meghan and Harry dating. It's shameful how people react when a family member becomes highly successful or fabulously wealthy. Such people do not get the fact that wealth and success have little meaning if the persons so blessed do not have character and a caring heart.

Another point to debunk in that interview is the fact that Samantha was not diagnosed with MS until reportedly around 2008. At that point, Meghan was in the final years of her relationship with Trevor, and she was still struggling to make it in Hollywood, auditioning for bit parts in movies and tv series and making tv pilots which didn't get picked up (until Suits happened circa end of 2010). Meghan's life trajectory has nothing to do with Samantha's. Neither does Meghan have any responsibility to give Samantha anything, not a red cent, not even the time of day. Samantha has already taken it upon herself to cash in on being partly related to Meghan. I hope the 'Meghan bucks' for Samantha will eventually stop and dry up for good.

If you look at the teaser story, the interviewer said Sam's answers to her questions are long and calculated. I think Current Affair is out to put Sam in a bad light and she's doesn't have a clue. How else the show is going to stand out from previous shows that go over the same territory? And if Sam is out to rehab her image, too late Twitter responses so far have been anti Sam.

:previous: Well, cool if the tabloid tv show ends up putting the slammer on Sam's greedy spite. It doesn't make the tabloid any less scurrilous and scandal-mongering themselves. ;)

I'm sure Sam was paid to be on the show, even if she wasn't aware they were paying her in order to take her apart during the interview. ?

Last edited:
I've deleted a few speculative posts regarding the childhood of Meghan and her siblings. As a reminder, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources. Also, please don't discuss tweets from locked/private twitter accounts. Thanks.

Not a single thing that Samantha said in the ACA interview that aired tonight was new - everything was a repeat of everything she has already said to various media outlets already.

Except for the boyfriend's "loaded gun in every room" ...

Also the mention of Meghan's first husband (the one selling the TV about a man's ex-wife marrying a British prince and sharing custody of their child) being a great guy because he visited their grandmother in the nursing home. Trevor the first husband could have been a louse of a spouse for all she knows. ACA wasted its time and resources - and potentially risked the lives of the reporter and crew - to get a nothing burger of an interview from a jealous woman with delusions of grandeur.

So as we all guessed. She NOT invited, she has no publisher and one of those TV gossip shows will pay her to be a "correspondent" for the wedding.

And she is back to lying and trashing Meghan because she getting paid.

Oh and here is her interview.

^ Seems a bit harsh... She's only using her initiative..

I thought that was 'the American way' ?

I wouldn't say that's harsh to say about someone who is selling out their family and lying about it.

And no, it's not "the American way" to sell out your family. The American Way is to work hard and make a good life for yourself. I hardly call that hard work, wouldn't you agree? :lol:

No. She whining in this interview about Meghan not giving her money to "help dad" yet I doubt her father is seen a cent of the money she getting from all these interviews she is giving. She is a fake individual. She has trashed Meghan more than praised and only started being fake nice because she wanted to attend the wedding. Now that she knows that is never happening she back to her original agenda. At least the media finally took off the blinders.

I don't think that's the 'American way' at all, to cash in on an estranged relative, who's unable to speak out herself and defend herself, for cash. Her stories all contradict themselves, she has lied multiple times, and is simply trashing Meghan to any tabloid that listens, for money.

The American way is being self sufficient which is the opposite of using your sister in order to get money. Self sufficiency is the total opposite of what the half sister is doing.

No. She whining in this interview about Meghan not giving her money to "help dad" yet I doubt her father is seen a cent of the money she getting from all these interviews she is giving. She is a fake individual. She has trashed Meghan more than praised and only started being fake nice because she wanted to attend the wedding. Now that she knows that is never happening she back to her original agenda. At least the media finally took off the blinders.

So it would seems she wants to use the dad to get money from Meghan. Why don't any of her children want to be associated with her?

To even think what Samantha is doing is the American Way tells me you have a low opinion of Americans.

I don't think the wedding correspondent gig is real. All news and gossip media want to make money from the product they put out, and that includes the "talent". Popularity factors in as well, and the public turned on Samantha when she demanded that Meghan financially support the family (let's just say it - her). Even the most cynical of news organizations don't want to lose advertising dollars for putting on a woman who may not bring in the ratings or turn out sales in publications.

Last edited:
Thomas Jr is whining again.

Meghan Markle's Half-Brother Tom Markle Said She Ignored Him - In Touch Weekly

He apparently expected Meghan to help him with the media (that is of his own doing) and the palace wants nothing to do with him. Actually the wording is very telling from the official documents. Meghan is not even claiming them as close family. I am sure that will just rile them up more being rejected but they deserve it. I especially like when he seemed to threaten to embarrass her to force her to help him.

Last edited:
So basically he's threatening Meghan with doing more interviews unless she gives him financial assistance! Go right ahead Tom....if she's not assisting you now....you and Samantha are completely removed from her life now.

Thomas Jr is whining again.

Meghan Markle's Half-Brother Tom Markle Said She Ignored Him - In Touch Weekly

He apparently expected Meghan to help him with the media (that is of his own doing) and the palace wants nothing to do with him. Actually the wording is very telling from the official documents. Meghan is not even claiming them as close family. I am sure that will just rile them up more being rejected but they deserve it. I especially like when he seemed to threaten to embarrass her to force her to help him.

This is such a Cinderella story. If Samantha and Tom Jr were awful to Meghan during part of her childhood - just looking at them right now - they look like the evil stepsisters after the fact trying to get in with someone they treated horribly (along with her mother, if it's true that Samantha referred to her as the 'maid') when she was young.

It doesn't look like Meghan has had contact with any of them since she attended Samantha's graduation - although if sam graduated on time then Meghan would have been what - 3? 4?

Meghan and the KP staff have things right. There's crapola printed out all over the place trashing Meghan (as we've seen recently with the article from New Zealand). They're not getting involved in fighting tabloids and people that write this crap. If anything, the only people they really could influence would be the British press anyhow.

To expect Meghan and KP to step in and up to the plate in a totally different country for people who have been courting the media for all they're worth, is just, to me, a last ditch effort to be on the "winning side" of Meghan's family. Its just going from bad to worse for these people and actually they've done us a big favor. With selling the story to In Touch and publishing the documents from Tom Jr.'s communications, we now know for a fact that Meghan does not consider these people "close family" or feels she has a real relationship with them. We know who will not be on the invitation list. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom