Meghan Markle: Family and Background - November 2017-May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It AMAZES me that so many here are so obsessed by the disreputable statements by FRINGE members of the Markle Family.
No-one in Britain is remotely exercised by it, bothered by it, or even aware of it...

They see a Man they love, in love with a Woman, and they LOVE it - that is enough for them...no-one cares about the peripherals.

Last edited:
It AMAZES me that so many here are so obsessed by the disreputable statements by FRINGE members of the Markle Family.
No-one in Britain is remotely exercised by it, bothered by it, or even aware of it...

They see a Man they love, in love with a Woman, and that is enough for them...no-one cares about the peripherals.

I thinks its because they are her half-siblings and thus cannot simply be ignored as fringe members of the family.
Its true that they have not played any role in her life in recent years but that "sister" , "brother" label gets you attention from the press.
Case in point, Pippa Middleton

This is getting hilarious. In the Fox interview the statement from KP is telling. Mentioning Meghan's parents' possible role and not the half siblings? KP is signalling Sam, Tom Jr and the rest of the family that blabbed are not invited. And let Sam cry I was snubbed. The reasons will be so evident the public wouldn't care less, judging by the blowback she and the Markles are getting now. If Sam wants protection for herself and the relatives she can use her money from her tabloid stories to pay for private security or contact local law enforcement.

I would have to agree. . . If you are in the US. I don't really think a country weaned on Emmerdale and Coronation street gives a damn about siblings at this point. That may change I guess but for now they are looking on the upside.

Not just the keep in touch part...

"‘I love you, babe. I’m really glad we had this conversation. Keep in touch’."

That whole phrase smacks to me of something you say after you just had a hard, clearing-the-air talk that you'd been avoiding, are glad to have it over with, and are trying to move as politely and non-dramatically back into a phase of ignoring each other. I mean, who knows what they'd actually talked about, unless it was the same conversation where Sam admits to pressuring Meghan to give money to their father.

Note how Sam freely admits to getting upset that the her perceived place in the pecking order was challenged (in relation about a matter that should be just between Meghan and her dad):

"Wow! I guess big sister is being told to step off. That’s not her place to say..."

The more she shares, the more Sam looks like a sad, grasping and bitter woman.

Sam revealed a whole lot and confirmed what most suspected. She IS very jealous and bitter about Meghan. Sam was 17 years old when Meghan was born. Before Meghan was even in kindergarten, Sam was married and already had her first child. That is why Meghan says she grew up an only child. She did. Thomas doted on Meghan and provided for her in ways he didn't with Sam and Tom Jr. That was confirmed by both of them. He came into more money (and success) later in life. That is not on Meghan. Yet it is clear Sam blames Meghan for it. She can't help herself. The older sister outshines by the younger one. She always felt some kind of way about Meghan and there is no denying it no matter how much she tries.

They see a Man they love, in love with a Woman, and that is enough for them...no-one cares about the peripherals.

I agree with the underlined bit.

Many here have already acknowledged that Samantha Grant flip flops and changes her stories at will. And for me because Samantha has shown time and again how economical with the truth she can be, I don’t believe she spoke to Meghan either when she says she did. I think they were estranged long before Meghan’s first marriage which btw she didn’t attend or she’d have sold the pictures by now if she had as nothing appears out-of-bounds to Samantha or her full blood brother Tom Jr.

My opinion is that although the rampant disloyalty, smears, lies to the press/media told by the estranged half relations about Meghan is due in part to jealousy, it is also because she has a different mother. And to give their stories added weight they try to create an illusion of having been very close to her up until recently. I also believe Samantha wants an entry into Meghan’s new life and that’s why she appears conflicted, being nasty about Meghan one minute and playing nice the next.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thinks its because they are her half-siblings and thus cannot simply be ignored as fringe members of the family.
Its true that they have not played any role in her life in recent years but that "sister" , "brother" label gets you attention from the press.
Case in point, Pippa Middleton

It's not at all the same.
Kate and Pippa have always been very close, and spend a lot of time together.

Meghan has seen very little of her half-siblings for a decade; they have virtually no contact and know nothing of her life now.
What can they truly reveal to the press, other than some minor details about Meghan's childhood?

Sam is now on the Game Show Network with a Meghan special, saying she will do whatever it takes to be at the royal wedding:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/meghan-markle-half-sis-wedding-article-1.3753949

This is getting scary. Sam is coming up to the line of stalker. And it's telling that the media is starting to wonder about Sam in print. I hope the RPO's and UK security agencies are taking a look here.

It is baffling, her end goal seems to be just to get an invite to.the wedding, whatever way possible. She's coming across a bit out of it to me.

Sam is now on the Game Show Network with a Meghan special, saying she will do whatever it takes to be at the royal wedding:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/meghan-markle-half-sis-wedding-article-1.3753949

This is getting scary. Sam is coming up to the line of stalker. And it's telling that the media is starting to wonder about Sam in print. I hope the RPO's and UK security agencies are taking a look here.

I agree. I am actually concerned about Meghan's safety with this one. She is obsessed with her and it is extremely unhealthy. I wouldn't allow her anywhere near her. She making a case to be seen as a threat.

It is baffling, her end goal seems to be just to get an invite to.the wedding, whatever way possible. She's coming across a bit out of it to me.

"I was there first, so I get the prior claim and Meghan ought to acknowledge that as such."
Would that be a proper summary? :D

concerned about Meghan's safety with this one.

I REALLY wouldn't worry.. the RF protection officers 'have her under their wing' now, and they are prepared for dealing with proper threats like the Daesh or the IRA. A [...] half Sister is no danger at all [by comparison].

What seems to be the case to me is that the more Samantha says she'll be at the wedding and the louder she says she'll be at the wedding, in her mind its backing Meghan into a corner that she will *have* to invite Samantha or really look like a cad for not inviting her.

Samantha is taking things so much to the extreme that she does come across as being dangerous and determined to have her way. Unfortunately, I seriously think Samantha is in for a big disappointment when that invitation never arrives.

Either way, whether Sam goes to the wedding or not, its practically a done deal that she'll be making the rounds of TV shows talking about either being snubbed by her "sister" or giving away details of the wedding from an "insider's viewpoint".

I honestly think that Meghan most likely has alerted her family members that she wants to be at the wedding to "save the date" already. If Samantha had been included in this group, she would be stating things differently than "I will do whatever it takes to be at the wedding".

I REALLY wouldn't worry.. the RF protection officers 'have her under their wing' now, and they are prepared for dealing with proper threats like the Daesh or the IRA. A deranged half Sister is no [...] at all [by comparison].

Thank you for saying that. I agree.

I would hope that Kensignton Palace and the PRO are keeping up with what Samantha Grant is saying in the media.

I REALLY wouldn't worry.. the RF protection officers 'have her under their wing' now, and they are prepared for dealing with proper threats like the Daesh or the IRA. A [...] half Sister is no danger at all [by comparison].

I am not worried she will actually get to her but her actions definitely causing pause in me. She talks like a delusional stalker.

I would imagine that they're well informed on the antics of Meghan's half siblings. I would also imagine that Harry is kept informed too and heaven help the sibling that tries to get through Harry and cause trouble for his beloved.

Personally, I think Samantha would have a better chance of breaking into Fort Knox than getting anywhere near Meghan right now or any time in the future.

Well Aco, IMO if she knew anything about pride or being proud she’d be quiet.

P.S. Samantha needs to be ignored. She is not well (side symptoms from the MS) and the tabloids should have some decency and back off from that 'source'. :sad:

Posts discussing Harry and Meghan's relationship have been moved to the Engagement thread. The discussion about future pregnancies is speculation and has been deleted.

P.S. Samantha needs to be ignored. She is not well (side symptoms from the MS) and the tabloids should have some decency and back off from that 'source'. :sad:

Perhaps that is simply her true nature?

I know many with MS who are different.

Perhaps that is simply her true nature?

I know many with MS who are different.

Mood swings and depression can be common symptoms of MS.

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Symptoms-Diagnosis/MS-Symptoms/Emotional-Changes

But I wont put all blame on her medical issues. It seems from what her children have said, she has had issues, long before her diagnosis. Her personality issues may have been enhanced by her diagnosis, who knows. But it seems she wasn't a great person before she was diagnosed.

Mood swings and depression can be common symptoms of MS.

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Symptoms-Diagnosis/MS-Symptoms/Emotional-Changes

But I wont put all blame on her medical issues. It seems from what her children have said, she has had issues, long before her diagnosis. Her personality issues may have been enhanced by her diagnosis, who knows. But it seems she wasn't a great person before she was diagnosed.

BIB - That for me says a lot. People are perfectly capable of being incredibly nasty and vile by virtue of what they already are.

She's cashing the checks, no one is forcing her.

I read the DM article on Samantha at the flea market. It looks like she wasn't getting paid for those interviews, or was paid peanuts. She definitely doesn't look like she got an advance from a publisher for her book. If the pap shot was for sympathy she sure didn't get any; majority of the DM comments were against Samantha. The comments didn't crack 300.

Samantha is now yesterday's news. There is no major press interest in her (mainly there is no money in it for them). She is now on the same level as Kate's Uncle Gary - black sheep of the family.

If she doesn't get an invitation to the wedding, she is bound to be back with the poor me, I am so hurt tweets/tabloid stories. Wait for it.

Oh Lord! When I saw your post I thought Samantha was now writing a screen play on her sister's life instead of a book! I guess Lifetime beat her to it! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom